WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Crazy new truck prices

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I’m with you on buying with a deep discount. Other dealers are selling at invoice out of state so I’ll have to figure out what issues I’ll have bringing a truck into CA. The V8 may not be coming, but the rear coil Raptor is coming. The mules are out testing, and I’m guessing that will drive the price of these down as that release gets closer.

If it is a 50 state vehicle, you have 0 issues bringing it into CA.

Taboma

Reaction score
I’m with you on buying with a deep discount. Other dealers are selling at invoice out of state so I’ll have to figure out what issues I’ll have bringing a truck into CA. The V8 may not be coming, but the rear coil Raptor is coming. The mules are out testing, and I’m guessing that will drive the price of these down as that release gets closer.
Not sure where you're located, but while having a scheduled service done on my 18' Raptor, @ Gosch Ford Escondido, I was told they have 19's on the lot for about $ 4K less than MSRP. According to ole-timer sales dude, their sales Mgr is striving for them to be a top Raptor dealer, so importing them from out of state (Like Grody). Might be worth a call or visit if you're interested.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
The price increases are crazy. I bought my 7.3 Dually Crew Cab F350 Lariat (Top of the food chain at the time) in 2001 for $32K out the door. Today the same truck is $85K (almost 300% increase) SHM - It's Insanity !!!!

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
The price increases are crazy. I bought my 7.3 Dually Crew Cab F350 Lariat (Top of the food chain at the time) in 2001 for $32K out the door. Today the same truck is $85K (almost 300% increase) SHM - It's Insanity !!!!

The "Same truck" you bought 20 years ago would be a base XLT crew cab dully work truck today... that is under $50k MSRP

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Leasing is great...it ensures a steady supply of clean CPO vehicles for me to choose from [emoji106]

I love seeing ads for 1-year old trucks, where the seller is asking $15k below sticker.
Anyone buying this truck is a fool, because the seller paid $15k under sticker when he bought it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
The "Same truck" you bought 20 years ago would be a base XLT crew cab dully work truck today... that is under $50k MSRP

Haha your not getting full leather, power heated seats, bose stereo, trailer package, etc in a base XLT, even if you could get one for $50K (try $65K) lol. But yeah I know what your saying - Lariat is the middle class of ford trucks these days :eek:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Haha your not getting full leather, power heated seats, bose stereo, trailer package, etc in a base XLT, even if you could get one for $50K (try $65K) lol. But yeah I know what your saying - Lariat is the middle class of ford trucks these days :eek:

Yes.. cloth was better than full leather in a 2000 Ford though lol.

But yea you get the point I’m trying to make here. They are adding features to drive costs up further.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
The f250 xlt i looked at was that much.

I was hoping i could pick up a nice f150 for the mid 30s with cash. I would be lucky to pay 40. I dont want to spend that much.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I can’t believe GM hasn’t come out with a platform to compete with the raptor and shove the price down and steel some of Fords market share. Those that know know the markup on the raptor is totally insane. I have a theory, if GM would just come out with a similar looking truck to the raptor they’d have a winner. Most raptor owners buy the raptor cause it looks bitchen and it sees pavement most of the time with light off-roading. So come out with a truck that has a wide track width, bulged fenders, 35” tires, decent coilovers and rear dampers (doesn’t have to be Fox or King) and you’ve got a winner! Stop dicking around with the Trail Boss and AT4 models, they are good trucks but they are a half effort to compete with the raptor.

When you have no competition you can charge what you want and that is what Ford and their dealers currently have.

If GM can put out the trail boss and at4 models they certainly can put out what I’ve described above.
Keep in mind that Ford had to have new carriers designed for the Raptors as well due to their extra width.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

LowRiver2

Reaction score
5DB4FA9B-DF91-4A11-AEBF-12016154242A.jpeg
Ken Grody Buena Park truck service building has 35 raptors , rousch and Shelby f150s ready for sale
A lot of loose money in so cal to buy these trucks., some will get repo’d if the economy tanks

Attachments

• D211E795-01F5-4179-8F94-126E45141AD0.jpeg
    D211E795-01F5-4179-8F94-126E45141AD0.jpeg
    267 KB · Views: 79

Cdog

Reaction score
Who’s the go to ford dealer out of AZ & CA? Similar to Dennis Dillon?

sirbob

Reaction score
I can’t find it now but I just read an article a couple of days ago talking about how cheap you can buy a new truck.

One of the examples was a tradesman ram that had 9-10 separate discounts on it and it brought the price down to 21k - I seem to recall that was from a dealer in ElCajon.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
The f250 xlt i looked at was that much.

I was hoping i could pick up a nice f150 for the mid 30s with cash. I would be lucky to pay 40. I dont want to spend that much.

Fords are the most expensive truck.. that said I’d wager you can find a 2019 and get a good deal on it.

Taboma

Reaction score
My buddy owns a dealership in UT, a lot of people go to him for the lifetime warranty.

I've checked a few of the wholesale Ford ESP sellers online, but don't recall one from Utah. East coast if I recall, getting ready to purchase one this year, care to share the dealer's name ?

JD D05

Reaction score
I've checked a few of the wholesale Ford ESP sellers online, but don't recall one from Utah. East coast if I recall, getting ready to purchase one this year, care to share the dealer's name ?

Ed Kenley Ford. If you want I can refer you to Brett Kenley...

Taboma

Reaction score
Ed Kenley Ford. If you want I can refer you to Brett Kenley...

Thanks appreciate that. I'll let you know when I've kicked my prerequisite number of tires and selected a plan. From what I've pre-priced so far, the couple of dealers who specialize in online Ford ESP sales, sell such a large volume they can sell for far less then anybody I know in the business can touch --- or so I've been told.

JD D05

Reaction score
Thanks appreciate that. I'll let you know when I've kicked my prerequisite number of tires and selected a plan. From what I've pre-priced so far, the couple of dealers who specialize in online Ford ESP sales, sell such a large volume they can sell for far less then anybody I know in the business can touch --- or so I've been told.

Tough to say, all you can do is tell me what you want and I can get you a price.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score

Bobby Williams at Sunrise gave me a great price at the end of last year. I just wasn’t ready and didn’t need the write off so I waited until this year. I ended up going to a friend of mine that’s a GM at a Ford dealership. His price was pretty much what Sunrise had quoted me, I just have his boat listed so I returned the favor and gave him the business. I would highly recommend Sunrise however or one of the other guys on here. It’s nice to keep the business in the circle I believe. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
A buddy at work told me he paid 60 grand otd for his Tacoma TRD Pro, there was some dealer mark up in the deal. wow! $60k lol

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
The reason used truck prices are so high is because the ones that are financed never had much paid down on them because of low down payments, long loan or lease terms and then the new truck prices themselves. Best deal is to find a used ine that someone has financed and has to get out of and is willing to write a large check to get out of it. Those deals are rare but private party sales like that do exist.👍😁

Cdog

Reaction score
My buddy owns a dealership in UT, a lot of people go to him for the lifetime warranty.

Curious, is that lifetime warranty with the dealership or through Ford? I've heard about this dealer I think..

I think I'm going to order a 2021 F350 Platinum Tremor in 4th quarter this year.

pronstar

Reaction score
Keep in mind that Ford had to have new carriers designed for the Raptors as well due to their extra width.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Yup, duallies and Raptors present challenges.

We could only haul them on open-rack trucks, not even our customized enclosed units would fit them.

JD D05

Reaction score
Curious, is that lifetime warranty with the dealership or through Ford? I've heard about this dealer I think..

I think I'm going to order a 2021 F350 Platinum Tremor in 4th quarter this year.

Dealer

Taboma

Reaction score
Bobby Williams at Sunrise gave me a great price at the end of last year. I just wasn’t ready and didn’t need the write off so I waited until this year. I ended up going to a friend of mine that’s a GM at a Ford dealership. His price was pretty much what Sunrise had quoted me, I just have his boat listed so I returned the favor and gave him the business. I would highly recommend Sunrise however or one of the other guys on here. It’s nice to keep the business in the circle I believe. [emoji106]

Are you referring to buying a truck or the extended Ford ESP warranty ? I already got the Raptor, but I'm in my last year of standard Fac warranty and all the Doom and Gloom anti-EcoBoost RDPers got me paranoid, so now I'm buying another 5 years of warranty, lol 😁

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Are you referring to buying a truck or the extended Ford ESP warranty ? I already got the Raptor, but I'm in my last year of standard Fac warranty and all the Doom and Gloom anti-EcoBoost RDPers got me paranoid, so now I'm buying another 5 years of warranty, lol [emoji16]

My bad. A truck. Not the warranty.

MeCasa16

Reaction score
You can get a 2020 raptor in Vegas for 5k under MSRP. The guy didn't even wince at that offer. I should have started at 10k under.

Team Ford Lincoln.

pronstar

Reaction score
You can get a 2020 raptor in Vegas for 5k under MSRP. The guy didn't even wince at that offer. I should have started at 10k under.

Team Ford Lincoln.

Never throw out the first number [emoji4][emoji106]

MeCasa16

Reaction score
Never throw out the first number [emoji4][emoji106]

It was a failure of epic proportions.. And now I'm going to live with that choice for 60 months. 😂

MeCasa16

Reaction score
We have a white one order. Should be here soon they tell me.

Why the buyer's remorse?

I always get that anxiety after spending money. I know realistically I should have bought the 2500 Denali like I had planned all along. I want to tow more in the future and heavier things, and this just wont do it. I love the ride quality and the suspension, but I feel like the interior is lacking quality. All the plastic covers over the power outlets feel like they will snap off if you move them. The sync 3 seems clunky and outdated. I have to plug my iphone in to use carplay, and there is no wireless charging. I'm a huge fan of technology and gadgets, so I feel like they missed the mark. I do absolutely love the keypad for entry on the ford trucks. The sound quality of the B&O is really impressive, but it could use a stronger subwoofer. The sound quality of the V6 is embarrassing. The truck looks tougher than an angry bull, but It sounds like I have a whiny squirrel under my hood. I will say the sound quality of the hands free phone is also really good. It's super comfortable for long periods and I enjoyed driving it back from Vegas to LA. It is surprisingly quiet for those big tires doing 85 on the highway. I averaged 16 miles per gallon, but that should improve a little as the engine get a little more mileage on it. I don't really care, I obviously didn't buy it to get good gas mileage.

I was a little disappointed in it's acceleration, but I suppose its not bad for a huge heavy truck. I'm also comparing it to my better half's jaguar F type. That thing has 550hp and will break all 4 tires loose when you get on it. 0-60 in 2.8 and the sound is unbelievable. it however is uncomfortable for long periods and you really need to be under 5'10 to be able to adjust your seat comfortably. I do enjoy not having to slow down at intersections with water gutters or parking lot entrances that would rip the front fairing off her car.

So far I just feel sick about how much I spent on it. Maybe I'll feel different as I get more time in it. I only have 300 miles on it.

pronstar

Reaction score
NICE [emoji106] --- congratulations, same options as my 18' except Magnetic paint. If you got a 20 for $ 5K under, smile, be happy and enjoy it, you did just fine on the deal. [emoji16]

Yeah he’s gonna be all smiles come resale time [emoji106]

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Yeah he’s gonna be all smiles come resale time [emoji106]

The Raptors resale value is quite amazing.

"The actual average asking price of a 2010 F-150 Raptor on Autotrader: $34,000."

"In other words, most of these things haven't even lost 20 percent of their value in 6 years of driving! And the Ford Raptors that cost $34,000 aren't exactly low-mile cream puffs only driven in the occasional wild, limitless desert race. A $34,000 Raptor usually has somewhere between 65,000 and 80,000 miles on it, which means a lot of Raptor owners drove a brand-new, full-size pickup truck for 6 years and 70,000 miles and only lost eight grand in the process."

jet496

Reaction score
My f150 stickered at 51k, I got it for 40, 44 otd.
This for me as well. $44k out the door is good I think, just haggle with them. They have room to play no matter what they say.

Taboma

Reaction score
I always get that anxiety after spending money. I know realistically I should have bought the 2500 Denali like I had planned all along. I want to tow more in the future and heavier things, and this just wont do it. I love the ride quality and the suspension, but I feel like the interior is lacking quality. All the plastic covers over the power outlets feel like they will snap off if you move them. The sync 3 seems clunky and outdated. I have to plug my iphone in to use carplay, and there is no wireless charging. I'm a huge fan of technology and gadgets, so I feel like they missed the mark. I do absolutely love the keypad for entry on the ford trucks. The sound quality of the B&O is really impressive, but it could use a stronger subwoofer. The sound quality of the V6 is embarrassing. The truck looks tougher than an angry bull, but It sounds like I have a whiny squirrel under my hood. I will say the sound quality of the hands free phone is also really good. It's super comfortable for long periods and I enjoyed driving it back from Vegas to LA. It is surprisingly quiet for those big tires doing 85 on the highway. I averaged 16 miles per gallon, but that should improve a little as the engine get a little more mileage on it. I don't really care, I obviously didn't buy it to get good gas mileage.

I was a little disappointed in it's acceleration, but I suppose its not bad for a huge heavy truck. I'm also comparing it to my better half's jaguar F type. That thing has 550hp and will break all 4 tires loose when you get on it. 0-60 in 2.8 and the sound is unbelievable. it however is uncomfortable for long periods and you really need to be under 5'10 to be able to adjust your seat comfortably. I do enjoy not having to slow down at intersections with water gutters or parking lot entrances that would rip the front fairing off her car.

So far I just feel sick about how much I spent on it. Maybe I'll feel different as I get more time in it. I only have 300 miles on it.

Don't agree on the interior quality, unless they've cheapened the 20's since the 18's ?? To me at the recent Auto Show, the Ram's were seriously cheap inside and the Raptor (Especially with the carbon fiber package) was far nicer than the fake wood GMC interiors (Although the 20' Yukon Denali Seats were to die for !!! --- but not the truck Denali for some reason) --- but I do realize that's subjective depending on tastes.
Last GMC I owned was an 07' Sierra Denali, with the exception of the irritating exhaust note vs the 6.2 --- I like everything about the Raptor better.

My 12' Platinum exhaust was soothingly quiet, I'd preferred the Raptor was as well, but Vroom Vroom, the Raptor wasn't made for old guys like me. 😁
I will say, my suspension consultant neighbor, who's participated ( Like full time) in the Raptor Desert Development program, including the Gen 1s, explained that if Ford Engineers missed the mark (By a long fuckin shot, thank you) on the sound, it wasn't for lack of trying. When in frustration they tried to quiet it down, marketing kicked and screamed.

I'm not a Tech guy, in fact I've got lane assist and a few other BS tech features disabled --- I'm an ole ' knob twisting ' analog guy, for me Tech = Stress :mad:

I am curious however, why are you using the keypad to unlock your truck ? On mine if I place my finger the little fake button on the door handle it locks, as I lightly grasp the inside of the door handle it unlocks and opens.

Subwoofer not loud enough --- have you turned up the bass on the audio controls ?

OH and did you check your tire pressures ? mine rode like it was on solid steel tires when I drove it off the lot --- Fuckers had the tire pressure at 50 psi !!!!!!!!! Seems they're shipped that way.

MeCasa16

Reaction score
Don't agree on the interior quality, unless they've cheapened the 20's since the 18's ?? To me at the recent Auto Show, the Ram's were seriously cheap inside and the Raptor (Especially with the carbon fiber package) was far nicer than the fake wood GMC interiors (Although the 20' Yukon Denali Seats were to die for !!! --- but not the truck Denali for some reason) --- but I do realize that's subjective depending on tastes.
Last GMC I owned was an 07' Sierra Denali, with the exception of the irritating exhaust note vs the 6.2 --- I like everything about the Raptor better.

My 12' Platinum exhaust was soothingly quiet, I'd preferred the Raptor was as well, but Vroom Vroom, the Raptor wasn't made for old guys like me. 😁
I will say, my suspension consultant neighbor, who's participated ( Like full time) in the Raptor Desert Development program, including the Gen 1s, explained that if Ford Engineers missed the mark (By a long fuckin shot, thank you) on the sound, it wasn't for lack of trying. When in frustration they tried to quiet it down, marketing kicked and screamed.

I'm not a Tech guy, in fact I've got lane assist and a few other BS tech features disabled --- I'm an ole ' knob twisting ' analog guy, for me Tech = Stress :mad:

I am curious however, why are you using the keypad to unlock your truck ? On mine if I place my finger the little fake button on the door handle it locks, as I lightly grasp the inside of the door handle it unlocks and opens.

Subwoofer not loud enough --- have you turned up the bass on the audio controls ?

OH and did you check your tire pressures ? mine rode like it was on solid steel tires when I drove it off the lot --- Fuckers had the tire pressure at 50 psi !!!!!!!!! Seems they're shipped that way.

I suppose my interior critiques are really more of my personal taste than anything. I really love the interior of the 2020 Denali, and I feel like the Ford's interior has essentially looked the same for a long tie and could use a refresh.

The keypad unlock really isn't as useful as it used to be when trucks just had keys. I used to use it all the time, because I would leave my key in the truck at the boat launch or when I'm out hiking or running with the Mrs. I lost a key once at the boat launch and that really sucked. Being able to keep the key inside and use the code to get in opened up all kinds of extra options when I found myself in unfortunate situations. It also allowed my Ol'Lady to get in the truck and start it if she was cold when we would go run a trail. She always finishes before me. (thats the key to a good relationship:cool:) With the FOB being a proximity sensor key now, I cant just leave it in the truck. I suppose it won't be nearly as useful anymore.

The BASS is all the way up, and it sounds nice, but I like a little thump I guess.

My tire pressure was 52 all the way around when I got in. I found that odd too. What do you run yours at. I was thinking 40-42 should be good.

Taboma

Reaction score
I suppose my interior critiques are really more of my personal taste than anything. I really love the interior of the 2020 Denali, and I feel like the Ford's interior has essentially looked the same for a long tie and could use a refresh.

The keypad unlock really isn't as useful as it used to be when trucks just had keys. I used to use it all the time, because I would leave my key in the truck at the boat launch or when I'm out hiking or running with the Mrs. I lost a key once at the boat launch and that really sucked. Being able to keep the key inside and use the code to get in opened up all kinds of extra options when I found myself in unfortunate situations. It also allowed my Ol'Lady to get in the truck and start it if she was cold when we would go run a trail. She always finishes before me. (thats the key to a good relationship:cool:) With the FOB being a proximity sensor key now, I cant just leave it in the truck. I suppose it won't be nearly as useful anymore.

The BASS is all the way up, and it sounds nice, but I like a little thump I guess.

My tire pressure was 52 all the way around when I got in. I found that odd too. What do you run yours at. I was thinking 40-42 should be good.

Oh OK, I see how you were using the keypad 👍 Here's a Farraday FOB holder for those jogging runs ---
https://www.amazon.com/Faraday-Blocking-Keyless-Antitheft-Protector/dp/B077XTMHZW

Only thing I still jog for is running from extreme danger or running for a toilet. 😂

I can certainly agree that on the 20's GMC has improved their interiors over the 18's I was checking. I just wish they'd lose the shifter on the column.
At the recent SD Auto Show I was amazed how immediately comfy the Yukon Denali buckets were --- and stunned how hard the Sierra Denali seats were --- WTF is that about ??

If I recall, the tire pressure indicated on the door jam of the Raptors is 38 PSI --- that's what I run, those " C " rated special ( Made for Raptors) BFG ATs don't require the higher pressures of the " D " and " E " rated BFGs --- hence improved ride quality. I've run 36 PSI in the rears (as recommended by my Raptor Tester neighbor), but go back to 38 for towing. Mine are wearing perfectly at 38, and that's what they test at after I have it Ford serviced. What pissed me off when I bought mine was, I TOLD the damned sales clown to make sure they air-downed the tires, having read they ship at 50-52 --- NOPE, rode like shit driving home.

OK, I get it, well sorta on the Thumpin Bass you youngsters enjoy :oops: Don't need none-o-that Thumpin shit for my 'Stuck in the 60s & 70s" music collection stored on a flash drive, lol 😂

My Raptor development neighbor has a million Tips and Tricks for wringing the most out of the Raptor in the dirt. Air down pressures, various mode and traction settings, he's an encyclopedia of all things Gen 1 and 2 --- BUT, he gets paid to improve them by kinda pushing them till they break, not exactly how I drive mine. He tells me this shit, but since I'm not applying them, I forget. I guess I need to see if he'll jot them down. As one example, offroad, his favorite mode is Mud and Sand mode, more so than Baja --- I just don't recall why 🤔

OH well, have big fun ---- Oh and don't blame the engineers for placing the damned front license plate where it blocks the Turbo intercooler --- and per the supplemental book owners manual, should be removed for aggressive offroading ---- the engineers tried to get them to offset it like on my 2012 --- nope, Marketing OCD prevailed.

Dkahnjob

Reaction score
Raptor Resale is great. I bought a 2013 (special ordered it) (Cost $50K) and drove it for 2 1/2 years and then sold it back to the dealer for $42K in 2015 when they weren't making them. That is when I bought my 2016 F-250 4x4 6.7 diesel. I like the diesel but kind of miss the raptor too. I heard that they are coming out with a 7.3 gas V-8 Raptor.
That might be worth looking into.

merc_400r

Reaction score
I will say that the new trucks even though expensive have really stepped up their game interior wise. Rode in my buddies 02 duramax the other day and it felt like I was in something from the 80/90's. Forgot how much of a difference those old trucks were until you sit in one.

guest hs

Reaction score
I just bought a 2010 F150 lariat with the 5.4 v8 and only 85K on the clock., lifted with 35"s. This truck is super nice and loaded up and only cost me 18K . I will probably never buy new again.

ramos45

Reaction score
I just bought a 2010 F150 lariat with the 5.4 v8 and only 85K on the clock., lifted with 35"s. This truck is super nice and loaded up and only cost me 18K . I will probably never buy new again.

Yeah, the newer trucks are amazing. I made the mistake of sitting in a 2019 F350 at Carmax, damn that thing was awesome but the price made me dizzy. My tuned 08 Duramax is still my spaceship and the 7.3 excursion is fun as well. So much fun that I'm actually considering finding a 7.3 truck. I like the simplicity of that motor.

pronstar

Reaction score
I will say that the new trucks even though expensive have really stepped up their game interior wise. Rode in my buddies 02 duramax the other day and it felt like I was in something from the 80/90's. Forgot how much of a difference those old trucks were until you sit in one.

Technically speaking, it was designed in the 90’s...hard to believe that was 30 years ago already.

To add to your comparison, newer trucks are massive compared to old trucks. Our 2018 Suburban absolutely dwarfs the 99 Sub we had.