WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Finally a celebrity talking about a problem that I agree with...

2Driver

Reaction score
He's so grounded I think calling him a celeb might be an insult. šŸ˜ He did another cool interview not long ago on his kids and the worth of college. Dude is pretty much spot on.

Last edited:

oldschool

Reaction score
You guys need to listen to his podcast, heā€™s dead nuts on with most issues, funny as shit too. Just watched his documentary ā€œUppityā€, about Willie T Ribbs. Very well done and great story.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
I liked his one on Burbank. He looked around and said " What a shit hole, and jumped on the mayor.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Adam is amazing [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Universal Elements

Reaction score
It's amazing how grounded and insightful Adam is and what a fucking leftist piece of shit Jimmy Kimmel has turned into.

I havenā€™t watched douchebag Jimmy since 2014. Heā€™s gone so downhill. I miss Guermo, he was funny. Too bad everything has turned so political.

johnnyC

Reaction score
saw the interview and i agree with what he said.... its just a money game and if you have money you are the victim

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Tucker set up the interview. Let's give him some credit as well.
Like them both.
I had to laugh at the no front license plate analogy.
Been there. It got ugly.

Fun Times

Moderated
Reaction score
Well speaking of dogs running around the streets, Dogs are typically worth more money to the city coming from the legitimate owners versus the other mentioned illegal activities being ignored on the streets.

RodnJen

Reaction score
It was a nice piece of stand up. Should the rule of law be the actual rule, yes. He made a couple of g points.

Brobee

Reaction score
Thank you for this. Itā€™s nice hearing a smart and articulate viewpoint. I completely agree with what heā€™s saying and Iā€™m saddened by how this state is being turned to shit. I was born in San Diego, my parents were born here and now I donā€™t know how much longer Iā€™ll be able to put up with this state. I donā€™t want to uproot my kids, but as soon as theyā€™re gone so am I.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RodnJen

Reaction score
Yes he did, like when he pointed out how democrap cities are shit holes.. Keep voting D... šŸ–•

Itā€™s a big city issue. The dems in Los Angeles donā€™t make it any easier for LEOs. That being said, it was a much bigger shit hole when Riorden was mayor.

brgrcru

Reaction score
Itā€™s a big city issue. The dems in Los Angeles donā€™t make it any easier for LEOs. That being said, it was a much bigger shit hole when Riorden was mayor.

no not really. at least there was law and order.

RodnJen

Reaction score
Yup, itā€™s a meme, but it seems to fit here.

65C34C93-FE76-4CCE-AA9D-31E09FB1BC37.jpeg

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
LOL. Stop the lies. The drug use in plain view? All of the new homeless people? Not enforcing laws? Keep voting D... It will always get worse.

RodnJen

Reaction score
LOL. Stop the lies. The drug use in plain view? All of the new homeless people? Not enforcing laws? Keep voting D... It will always get worse.

Were you there 25 years ago? I was, it was plain view then.

RodnJen

Reaction score
Not nearly as bad as it is now. The dems continue to do nothing... Oh wait, they give out free needles....

Dems certainly should bear some responsibility, but so should republicans. The drug epidemic across small town America crippling families, not to mention the labor pool.

What many people choose to ignore is the effect of technology on manufacturing and distribution. Synthetic and deadly drugs can be produced for pennies relative to more traditional drugs.

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
Dems certainly should bear some responsibility, but so should republicans. The drug epidemic across small town America crippling families, not to mention the labor pool.

What many people choose to ignore is the effect of technology on manufacturing and distribution. Synthetic and deadly drugs can be produced for pennies relative to more traditional drugs.
Some responsibility? Sorry Jen, you are so full of BS.. :eek:

brgrcru

Reaction score
Not downtown there wasnā€™t.

I think downtown looks a lot better as the staples center kind of re-juvenated. LA
the new soccer stadium for lafc and the coliseum around USC . all look a lot better in that general area . better not great.
back 25/40 years ago. those places. It was not best place to hang out or walk to the car. I agree with you.
homeless, drugs addiction, was more or less on skid row . a few bums here and there.

now it's everywhere , the amount of trash on the streets, under bridges,, drug addicts are everywhere. off the beaten path , it looks like a third world country. total shit show, what its turning into.
we have season tickets for LAFC, as we drive to the stadium on all different routes , to avoid traffic or find the fastest way, to the game. we are in total shock of what is going on, almost everywhere you look. it is a shit hole, until you get to USC./coliseum. then its a little better.

RCDave

Reaction score
I worked for years in downtown 25 years ago. There was panhandling and brownbag boozers. It wasn't a big deal.

NOTHING like today. Homeless encampments, shooting up in plain view, needles all over the place, pot smell everywhere, defication/piss everywhere, etc.....

Its exponentially worse today.

spectras only

Reaction score
It is similar here in Canada. We had skid row in Vancouver for ever as I can remember, but it was mainly one location only. Bleeding hearts enabling welfare recipients to live where ever they want and mental health issues not dealt with. Only way this scene will change when these souls are gone/dead unfortunately. I remember people begging in the heart of San Francisco 25 yrs ago but the city was still clean. RodnJen is full of BS if he says things were the same 25 years ago.

Colony Farm facility was built in the early 1929 to treat the mentally ill. Today it still stands but empty. It is used as a prop for Hollywood sets FFS. :mad:
1581627248039.png

You can read about the history of this institution here> There's a small facility near it now. The newer facility deals with the criminally ill only. My friend Dr Johann Brink was the director there before he threw the towel in dealing with the parole board and councils ;) > https://www.theglobeandmail.com/new...ny-farm-hospital-then-and-now/article5885216/

Last edited:

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
It is similar here in Canada. We had skid row in Vancouver for ever as I can remember, but it was mainly one location only. Bleeding hearts enabling welfare recipients to live where ever they want and mental health issues not dealt with. Only way this scene will change when these souls are gone/dead unfortunately. I remember people begging in the heart of San Francisco 25 yrs ago but the city was still clean. RodnJen is full of BS if he says things were the same 25 years ago.

Funny, I just had the same conversation with my aunt who is in town from Iowa. She is a bleeding heart liberal. She started with the ā€œI think that it is nothing more than what has been going on over time. We are just now hearing about it from the media.ā€ I pointed to her and said ā€œyou might think it has been like this for decades. I KNOW that is not the case. Homelessness, crimes and physical attacked on the general public have increased exponentially over the last decade. The actions of the government have taken away the rights of the tax payers and given away to those sucking on the teat of society ā€ Boy did that change the conversation quickly. LOL

spectras only

Reaction score
Little off topic but an interesting read about Terry Moore,> https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/terry-moore-pinup-james-dean-marilyn-monroe-playboy
ā€˜50s star Terry Moore recalls dating James Dean, befriending Marilyn Monroe and posing for Playboy

Fox News: What do you think is missing from today's Hollywood films?
Moore: Talent. And also, I don't think there are as many beautiful people as there were when we had the Lana's and the Ava's and the Rita Hayworths ā€” they were so beautiful. We have lovely actresses today, but [they donā€™t make them like that anymore].

She's 91 and still works

Attachments

• 1581626758867.png
    1581626758867.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 50