WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Purple Dreamin tonight!!

DoughBallin14

Reaction score
Just got home and the wife talked me into a new mattress after our 200 dollar amazon memory foam one was broken down like swiss cheese. 🤦‍♂️

We purchased a Purple 4 king mattress, I have seen the ads and had a friend say it was amazing, so what the hell 100 free night trial starts tonight. Also came with a free protector cover and we chose their bamboo sheets which are extremely stretchy and cold feeling.

Anyone else have one or try one out??

https://purple.com/mattresses/hybrid-premier

LazyLavey

Reaction score
I'm watching... about ready to buy one of those Amazon mattresses by Zinus..

open to suggestions

DoughBallin14

Reaction score
I'm watching... about ready to buy one of those Amazon mattresses by Zinus..

open to suggestions
It was hard to pass on finally getting a real mattress. Ended up finding out that a Mattress Firm location by our house had all the Purple models on display so we laid on them and picked the 4 model.
They found my old synchrony bank credit account from our furniture we purchased at Jeromes a few years ago and paid off so They just added a balance to it and got me a promotion for 3 year zero interest on the mattress. Basically paying like 69 bucks a month.! 👍 Hard to pass up in my eyes.

DoughBallin14

Reaction score
Wife was looking at that. I think she wanted the 3
lets us know how it sleeps
Will do!! From what we were told by the lady at mattress firm was the difference between the hybrid 2, 3, and 4 is basically the firmness and bounce level. I didnt feel to much of a difference between them, but the 4 was a lot thicker, had a bit more comfort feeling to me, and worked better for our bed frame since we do not have box springs.

shunter2005

Reaction score
I tried a purple pillow as a test to see if I would like the Purple product. Hated it. Damn thing was heavy as hell. I couldn't sleep on it. I can't imagine what the king mattress would weigh. I am curious how you guys like it.

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
I layed on one but it felt really flimsy and the edge of the bed didn't seem to have much support. Wondering if it was a soft version now

DoughBallin14

Reaction score
Alright well first night i slept great. It is definitely a floating kind of feeling it has a good bounce to it but no motion transfer, they said the edge support was beefed up recently compared to the original and i notice i can sit on the edge and it doesnt feel like its soft a crimply like. All in all i slept great hopefully it stays that way. I think the mattress weight is like 270 lb or some shit haha its a heavy one....
The thing i like the most is the sheets. Soft light and cooling feeling. Stretchyness is nice and doesnt pull out on the edges and untuck.

Singleton

Reaction score
Alright well first night i slept great. It is definitely a floating kind of feeling it has a good bounce to it but no motion transfer, they said the edge support was beefed up recently compared to the original and i notice i can sit on the edge and it doesnt feel like its soft a crimply like. All in all i slept great hopefully it stays that way. I think the mattress weight is like 270 lb or some shit haha its a heavy one....
The thing i like the most is the sheets. Soft light and cooling feeling. Stretchyness is nice and doesnt pull out on the edges and untuck.

post another update after a week please.
My wife is after me to get a new mattress ASAP, once she found out current one was purchased in 1999

Singleton

Reaction score
1999, that thing just got broke in last week

overdue I guess.
However for its first few years I was working out of town, only saw a body 2-3 nights a week.
Once I meet my wife, started to see more activity and now it needs to be retired

havasu5150

Reaction score
Please keep us updated. I was looking at their website earlier today. a lot of positive reviews, a good amount of negative ones too.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Wife's nephew has the Purple mattress and he and his wife swear by it. We have a 20 something year old Tempur-Pedic that has been good to us but it has become extremely warm to sleep on the last few years. The purple is supposed to stay cool during your sleep.
We're gonna try the purple in the next few months so I'll be watching this thread for updates.

DoughBallin14

Reaction score
Ill keep you all posted. Definitely know its impossible for everyone to like a product but i can say this one works for us so far. Night 2 looking forward to it.

So another story i found out today while at work. I go to many many different hospitals in so cal and we service, inspect, and verify medical gas system with in the hospitals. So i get to talking with a trauma charge nurse and we get to chatting about some of the rolling patient beds and i mentioned i got one of those purple mattresses and she says she has one also and that some of the beds they have that they specifically use for burn victims are made of the same grid design. She said that the design creates the least amount of pressure points across the whole body!! Makes sense to me.

Taboma

Reaction score
Ill keep you all posted. Definitely know its impossible for everyone to like a product but i can say this one works for us so far. Night 2 looking forward to it.

So another story i found out today while at work. I go to many many different hospitals in so cal and we service, inspect, and verify medical gas system with in the hospitals. So i get to talking with a trauma charge nurse and we get to chatting about some of the rolling patient beds and i mentioned i got one of those purple mattresses and she says she has one also and that some of the beds they have that they specifically use for burn victims are made of the same grid design. She said that the design creates the least amount of pressure points across the whole body!! Makes sense to me.

Will those work with an adjustable frame ?

Bamadmbfan

Reaction score
Been sleeping on a purple 4 for almost a year. By far the best decision I've made in a long long time. In regards to the original purple pillow, I agree. Its literally 10 lbs and I cant sleep on it BUT I have found its excellent to hug up to at night, lol. Their new Harmony pillow is amazing though.

DoughBallin14

Reaction score
Alright update on this thing!! So far i had one night i slept a bit warm and took a few turns and tosses. I think it was the 4th night. Probably got warm because our ceiling fan was off which is not usual.
so far every night or day, depending on my work shift, we have slept great and i fall asleep faster and look forward to laying down on it. I think its a keeper for us! Hopefully last one ill need for a long time. Pretty sure its lifetime warranty if it sags or gets a low spot 👍🏽

DoughBallin14

Reaction score
Been sleeping on a purple 4 for almost a year. By far the best decision I've made in a long long time. In regards to the original purple pillow, I agree. Its literally 10 lbs and I cant sleep on it BUT I have found its excellent to hug up to at night, lol. Their new Harmony pillow is amazing though.
Funny the wife actually just ordered the harmony one to try out an she likes bigger fluff size pillows... i have had the original one for a few years, got it as a gift, although heavy as hell i sleep great with it, pretty sure it works great as i am typically a stomach sleeper so its low profile works for me.