WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New software Bugs / Fixes / Preferences

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Pic uploader appears to be working normal and same as before..
I'm getting a lot of red X's on attachments. Not everything, just random ones. And since I can't see them I have no clue as to the type(gif,wv,jpeg,etc).
Btw, I mean: not me trying to post but reading someone else's post.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
I like the new look Dave. Functionality isn't too far off the old version so it's not too tough to get comfortable and navigate and that's important... none of us like change, but if we experience improvements as we settle in we're pleased, right. Kudos for placing the "Post Thread" in an easy to spot location.... man did I struggle finding that in old version ... Granted I'm tech challenged. Happy Inmate here.....

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
Something I noticed is that when I read a thread then go back to the main forum “lounge” or “P&G” etc it takes me to top of thread list, not back to where I was when I clicked on the thread. Any way to change that so I’m not scrolling through all of the thread I’ve already read again?

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Pic uploader appears to be working normal and same as before..
I'm getting a lot of red X's on attachments. Not everything, just random ones. And since I can't see them I have no clue as to the type(gif,wv,jpeg,etc).
Btw, I mean: not me trying to post but reading someone else's post.
This is what I'm talking about. Getting quite a few of these which I never had issue with before.
Screenshot_20200214-081921_Chrome.jpg

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
See, here's another one. 😟
What's going on?
Screenshot_20200214-082630_Chrome.jpg

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
I Like the "Start new thread" at the top of each sub-section. :cool:

Most likely saves a little bit of navigation.

Any chance when a change is made it could be reported/announced so we know about more awesomeness? :)

Fun Times

Moderated
Reaction score
I may be over looking the location of the RDP online Store here but at this time I'm unable to find any direct link to the RDP "Store" to buy any RDP Gear? Just noticed this after the new post was made by [U]RDSwagette[/U] of the following post, #10

In the mean time of this issue being repaired, here's a link to the RDP store, https://shop.riverdavesplace.com/

@RiverDave , If at all possible you may want to consider adding your new RDP trailer hitch receiver covers to the store too as I didn't noticed them while looking around the online store.;)

4Waters

Reaction score
We can no longer search Google for an image that has been posted in a thread

buck35

Reaction score
Am I missing he only one with issues posting?the tool bar above is darkened and can't use any function. This is on a tablet,but my phone has no problem.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Am I missing he only one with issues posting?the tool bar above is darkened and can't use any function. This is on a tablet,but my phone has no problem.

What kind of tablet? Browser? plus versions

RD

buck35

Reaction score
Alcatel ,I think. I believe it's a chrome browser. Damn that was quick!

buck35

Reaction score
Funny part is ,it worked fine after the upgrade,then about a week or so ago ,nothing available.

4Waters

Reaction score
Can't add an avatar, says "Oops server error" here's a screenshot

Screenshot_20200222-131706_Chrome.jpg

Groper

Reaction score
Weird 🤔 I asked a question a while ago that is not related to this thread: "New software Bugs / Fixes / Preferences" but under "Contact Us" and I have not yet received a response, so maybe it's related to "New software Bugs / Fixes / Preferences" or is it ? 😬

wzuber

Reaction score
@RiverDave , what happened to being able to edit/DELETE our THREADS retroactively? only titles seem to be editable. When in the edit post mode there is no longer a delete thread option.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I’ll look into the unsolved issues again tomorrow. We have been working on the classifieds and some other sfuff.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
@RiverDave , what happened to being able to edit/DELETE our THREADS retroactively? only titles seem to be editable. When in the edit post mode there is no longer a delete thread option.

Members haven’t been able to edit thread titles for sometime (you can thank Grads for that) and have never been able to delete threads.

if you can edit thread titles again it’s something the admins overlooked.I can leave it like that And see how it goes

wzuber

Reaction score
Members haven’t been able to edit thread titles for sometime (you can thank Grads for that) and have never been able to delete threads.

if you can edit thread titles again it’s something the admins overlooked.I can leave it like that And see how it goes
The thread author used to Be able to edit/delete them...that"s what i was inqjiring abt. I wasn't able to delete MY thread after I erroniously hit send instead of another entry before i was able to attach pics. Thx

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
Try to highlight your text... its difficult to see what youve highlighted the color should be something bright. Its black with like a bold font only.
This one here remains an issue for me. Very hard to see highlighted text vs non for any C & P or editing purposes.

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
Why are all pictures in FB thread small and you have to click each one ? Did I accidentally hit a button ?

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
This one here remains an issue for me. Very hard to see highlighted text vs non for any C & P or editing purposes.

yup pretty annoying.

Screen Shot 2020-03-09 at 3.44.41 PM.png

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Why are all pictures in FB thread small and you have to click each one ? Did I accidentally hit a button ?

When it converted over to the new software it made everything thumbnails.. I'm not gonna go through and enlarge them all it would take me literally two weeks.. LOL

I can ask if there is a mass way to do it, but I doubt it.

RD

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
When it converted over to the new software it made everything thumbnails.. I'm not gonna go through and enlarge them all it would take me literally two weeks.. LOL

I can ask if there is a mass way to do it, but I doubt it.

RD
Thanks for the reply... does that mean ALL will be thumbnails? For the future

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Can you have the ads loaded faster at the bottom of the page ?

When I click reply, the box to type in comes up - I then touch the box to type in and about the same time the ad from the bottom of the page appears in the same spot - so I end up hitting an ad and being diverted to the ad web site.

I can say for certain your ad clicks will be going up and it will be a great selling tool for you to charge more for the advertising - the reality is for me, I have seen the mortgage web site and the bodyshop web site (etc) a number of times only to click out as fast as I can because it’s not what I was trying to do.

EDIT / ADD - now that I'm on my laptop - everytime I get to the bottom of a thread I scroll down to hit the "lounge" tab to return to the thread list and I keep hitting an ad because they don't load as fast as the other content and they pop up just as Im clicking "lounge"
For the love of god please fix this it’s driving me crazy!

Andy B.

Reaction score
I want to go on record I don't like the new fixes!!! The new lightning bolt sucks just another step to getting to new posts, do you have someone from the government on payroll now . 😄

HCP3

Reaction score
This happened on the old software, but it is still happening on the new software: I do not receive an alert on a thread I am 'watching' after a certain amount of time. Is this by design?

hawgty55

Reaction score
@RiverDave can we get this back up as its own forumn or whatever you call them. Lol

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Will we ever get a new post button at the top maybe instead of the lightning bolt?

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
Hey @RiverDave I have a question about the new classifieds section. Do you know if the numbers in parenthesis next to the boat manufacturers indicate how many of that type are listed for sale?

Asking because If I click Hallett and update the filter, it shows three boats yet the parenthesis indicates five boats.

sirbob

Reaction score
As much as I try to pause - I’m clicking that ad 90% of the time !

@RiverDave

Another thing I cant get used to yet - I like not have 2-3 returns for separation of a thought or paragraph. When I do that it does not make the first letter capitol anymore. Now I aways have to go back and cap my first letter. Very inconvenient.

This delayed add popping up at the bottom of the page is still a pain in my ass.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
We have another meeting Thursday to cover some of the problems.

RD

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Using chrome videos don't work. The video tool bar appears and I can hear sound, but no video. I know a lot of other inmates are having the same issue.

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
A lot of videos that are uploaded to RDP are not visible on a PC. Those that due require some serious buffering and its not due to the end user internet speeds. Any way to fix this?

Videos.PNG