WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Suddenlink

Boat 405

Reaction score
I have had service for less than a month with Suddenlink, and I'm ready to cancel. Are there any other options in Havasu, or am I screwed?

jbird

Reaction score
None that I’ve found that are any better. I’ve had Suddenlink since May with zero issues.

what issues are you having?

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
What is the problem? I had 0 problems until the last year when I had tons of intermittent connectivity issues. I finally got them resolved though, but it took several service calls to do so. Not being there all the time made it a huge pain in the ass to schedule and resolve.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
I have had service for less than a month with Suddenlink, and I'm ready to cancel. Are there any other options in Havasu, or am I screwed?
Out of curiosity what service did you have before?

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
What is the problem? I had 0 problems until the last year when I had tons of intermittent connectivity issues. I finally got them resolved though, but it took several service calls to do so. Not being there all the time made it a huge pain in the ass to schedule and resolve.
You do know there are other nickname is sudden fail don’t you. LOL
You do know their other nickname is suddenfail don’t you. LOL
I have a friend that lives here full-time and it took them a year to figure out what the problem was. I don’t think I have that kind of patients

Boat 405

Reaction score
None that I’ve found that are any better. I’ve had Suddenlink since May with zero issues.

what issues are you having?

Ordered new service Jan 2, they didn't show up for the appt. No show, called and rescheduled Jan 10. Guy shows up drapes a wire across the front yard. He said they will bury it within two weeks. Guy leaves without checking for internet service. No internet working. Make at least a half dozen calls into suddenlink to get it working. Finally they realize the tech didn't put in the correct MAC address on the work order. So another week goes by before another tech comes out to get it working. Finally jan 24 I get working internet. Fast forward to today. I realize I haven't received a bill or anything, so I call in. Oh your acct is past due... LOL I proceed to tell them the story. Finally I get the account squared away as they had the wrong billing address. They credit my acct for the weeks I didn't have working service. Finally I look at the second statement and notice the monthly price is now $10 higher than I had originally signed up for..... So much for price for life I thought I signed up for... I've been on the phone with them today at least 4 hours.....

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Ordered new service Jan 2, they didn't show up for the appt. No show, called and rescheduled Jan 10. Guy shows up drapes a wire across the front yard. He said they will bury it within two weeks. Guy leaves without checking for internet service. No internet working. Make at least a half dozen calls into suddenlink to get it working. Finally they realize the tech didn't put in the correct MAC address on the work order. So another week goes by before another tech comes out to get it working. Finally jan 24 I get working internet. Fast forward to today. I realize I haven't received a bill or anything, so I call in. Oh your acct is past due... LOL I proceed to tell them the story. Finally I get the account squared away as they had the wrong billing address. They credit my acct for the weeks I didn't have working service. Finally I look at the second statement and notice the monthly price is now $10 higher than I had originally signed up for..... So much for price for life I thought I signed up for... I've been on the phone with them today at least 4 hours.....

Yea.. They do suck. I had about 5 or 6 crappy calls. Finally I got someone that knew WTF they were doing, and that is how my issue got resolved.

Last edited:

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Frontier for most people is a lot more reliable but slow. Everyone on FB seems to be on the wireless bandwagon, but I can't tell you much about it.

sintax

Reaction score
its a shit show, but its its the only shit show in town.

Another option is to just get a wifi hotspot and bring it with you.

Boat 405

Reaction score
After about the 10th call today I finally got somebody on the phone that could speak reasonably good English and explain to them the situation and they agreed to put my bill back to what i originally signed up for, for the next 12 months. It only consumed about four hours of my dayo_O

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Everybody bitches about suddenlink, but I’ve had them for years and never an issue, the business class service I have at my home office here has faster up and down speeds than my office in Irvine.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Holy service failure Batman that’s one of the worst ones I’ve heard about.
Doesn’t surprise me to hear about the $10 higher bill, my bill was $10 higher this month, called to cancel service and argued for an hour and got bill lowered and more channels added, I hate doing this crap every couple of years.
The “price for life” line made me spit my beverage out. LOL

Frontier is hit and miss depending on where you’re at in town but they will never have the bandwidth that Suddenlink currently has.
Frontier bit off more than they can chew buying up other wireline services in populated areas. Unfortunately that means those of us out in the sticks suffer with high prices and no competition and no improvements in service.

sintax

Reaction score

haha sounds ALMOST like my story.

I called and setup the appointment, they flaked, I called back and explained to drove from out of state to be here for the install and they better make this shit right. They promised someone would be out the next day. The guy shows up, nice enough guy, seemed smart and knew his shit, said he came in from Kingman. So he runs it from the pole down, clean install thankfully. He was able to hook into the existing cable box and drop the wire right where i wanted it.

Now the real issues start.... He claims their activation system is down, but promises me that he entered in the info and as soon as their system comes back online it will automagically activate and we'll be off to the races. I sign the paper work taking his word for it... 1 day later still no service, so I call back and spend 2 hrs on hold, and then 3 hours on the phone getting transferred between different tech support reps who no one can figure out why the F they cant activate the service. They finally get me off the line with the promise this was escalated to the highest levels support team and they'll be calling me back that day. Give you one guess if i got a call back.....

So now I gotta split since I have work back home tomorrow. So now I have to make another trip out.

Second trip out, I spend another 2 hrs on the phone with zero results, they couldn't figure out how to turn the shit on. At this point I have zero clue how these fuckers stay in business. So I run down to the office Acoma, the lobby is PACKED, I wait almost 2 hrs there, finally get a nice lady who said shes been there for 14 years, she checks the service codes they TRIED programming my modem with, all wrong of course, she pushes new codes and i'm up and running in 10 min.

Since then, i've been happy, just hoping the service stays solid. My neighbors have said they've had good service all in all. So i'm trying to stay positive.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Everybody bitches about suddenlink, but I’ve had them for years and never an issue, the business class service I have at my home office here has faster up and down speeds than my office in Irvine.

The speed is great. I never had problems until last year. They seem to be fixed now though. They blamed my modem, my router, my home wiring, and finally sent someone to check their wiring outside the house.. then magically it was fixed.

jbird

Reaction score
Yup, sounds like some shitty experiences. Guess I’m fortunate that all went well for me.
My reliability and speed has been spot on.
I did supply my own router which removed that cost from the monthly bill.

78Southwind

Reaction score

Yep, that sounds like them.

Sandbarhoppen

Reaction score
Hers our Story! New home in the Villas. Service installed in Nov. Phone, internet and TV services. $160.00 month. Service goes out every day. 8 service calls to the house 18 calls to service centers around the world!. All techs say its a problem with the line in the ground before the house. 5 outside tickets to find the issue. Not one outside ticket was ever completed. Wife took everything back in Feb. THIS IS THE WORST COMPANY EVER!

Wire Free installed. We run our computers, Netflix, cameras, Kid games on line.(when he's with us) No issues. Service is way better than they told us it would be. Customer service is great so far. Talked to Mellisa in office every time. $59.99 month

Dish Network. Great customer service. All the channels we need. $90 month

DLC

Reaction score
My sudden crap will be working fine then it drops the signal then kicks back on and this drives my wife crazy if she is working from home out in havasu

sintax

Reaction score
My sudden crap will be working fine then it drops the signal then kicks back on and this drives my wife crazy if she is working from home out in havasu

hah ya, that shit gets old. I've had to use my cellphone as a backup hotspot, or head down to Starbucks to poach their WiFi

• Haha
Reactions: DLC

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Yeah, gonna check into WireFree this coming season. On Frontier now and it works ok, rarely lose connection.

mbrown2

Reaction score
We have a place by the dam....Suddenlink sux...I try and work from the riverhouse each month and lose internet at least 3-4 times a day. I have had them out at least 6 times each and every time they say they did something or other to fix only to have the same lackluster service after they leave. I am done with them and will be calling Frontier next.