WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I look like Billdo.. lol

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
But at least I can see..

763B45AD-18DE-4C8F-AA2C-1BCAC1C32572.jpeg

I am finally caving in and starting to wear glasses. Not sure how many have noticed but my posts are becoming somewhat illegible..

I type em, I think they look right and hit submit on my phone.. Then I go back and it says thanks for the leafs.. instead of the leads etc. lol

It’s kinda gotten to the point that when I look at the website on my computer I spend ten minutes going around fixing them. :D.
F it.. time to start wearing these things

RD

Tank

Reaction score
Reading only?

I had lasix surgery 15 years ago for near sited (couldnt see shit far) and it's been great. I've NEVER had a problem with close up shit until about 4 months ago I looked down to fix my necklace and noticed I couldn't focus in on the fine clasp. FUCK. Beginning of the end I'm afraid.

TrollerDave

Reaction score
But at least I can see..

View attachment 848373
I am finally caving in and starting to wear glasses. Not sure how many have noticed but my posts are becoming somewhat illegible..

I type em, I think they look right and hit submit on my phone.. Then I go back and it says thanks for the leafs.. instead of the leads etc. lol

It’s kinda gotten to the point that when I look at the website on my computer I spend ten minutes going around fixing them. :D.

RD
It only gets worse. You start holding things further and further back. Then you get to the point where you start saying how the hell do they expect anybody to read this, like pill bottles.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
A fun side effect of looking like a dork is the amazing amount of shit that doesn’t get in your eyes anymore.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I started wearing glasses full time about 4-6 months ago. Only needed for reading prior to that.

mitch6601

HMFIC
Reaction score
Does lasix work for Far Sighted?? I have had to wear glasses for last 7 years and I am sick of them. Cant see anything up close and the cheaters I use make it difficult to drive because then I cant see far enough 🤓

JD D05

Reaction score
But at least I can see..

View attachment 848373

RD

You look like a skinny Michael Moore.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Readers for me now when I play Pokemon with my kid. The cards are stupid. Small writing, reflective... I know my time is coming though.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
We don't tell people this...but there are a set of cheap readers in the tool box. Work good when checking jets in carbs, or various firearms related tolerances...both projects I don't want to blow up!

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
We don't tell people this...but there are a set of cheap readers in the tool box. Work good when checking jets in carbs, or various firearms related tolerances...both projects I don't want to blow up!
Who's we? 🤔

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Went to "Progressives" in my early 50s.... the eye docs were trying to sell me these bifocals as well as close up readers. Shit man, I ain't gonna carry two sets of glasses around. So a buddy turned me on to Progressives where they "Blend" the near and far sighted prescriptions. It took two different fittings to get it right and you have to actually train your eye muscles to adjust over maybe a month but once you're adjusted you'll never go back. They told me older folks have a tougher time adjusting, like with everything else [Ha, no kidding] but this was a game changer. I got my sunglasses as progressives as well so I can drive and look down at dashboard and cell phone etc....

Speaking of the aging process Dave.... you ever get those nose strips brutha?

LazyLavey

Reaction score
Very GQ, all the rage right now

Makes you look 10 years something or other. ??

boatnam2

Reaction score
I got lasik 10-12 years ago but now i can't see far or close, getting old is a bitch.

TrollerDave

Reaction score
Does lasix work for Far Sighted?? I have had to wear glasses for last 7 years and I am sick of them. Cant see anything up close and the cheaters I use make it difficult to drive because then I cant see far enough 🤓
Don’t quote me, but I think LASIK is just to help see distance. I don’t think there is really anything to do about not being able to see up close. It’s just an age thing.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
I got lasik 10-12 years ago but now i can't see far or close, getting old is a bitch.
Think of it this way. Your choice in women has been drastically increased. 😁

disclaimer, no offense to any one you might be currently dating.

boatnam2

Reaction score
Think of it this way. Your choice in women has been drastically increased. 😁

disclaimer, no offense to any one you might be currently dating.
Yea add in a little beer and you open up a whole new playing field.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Was me and my dog...now back to me and the voices in my head...

Yep, your job requires you be able to read the fine print and details...and not just for reports :oops:
1k lumen torches all over my TAC vest pouches and in my work truck lol!
I got tired of young Cops smirking when they’d see me sporting Costco readers going down range. They probably thought “cheap ass can’t buy real safety glasses?!”
True story

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
I have so many pairs of $5.00 Home Depot 1.5X cheaters around the house, office, shop and truck. I even found a tinted pair to use to read outside while sitting by the pool. LOL

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
I have worn glasses since I was 13. I can't see anything clear from about 10 inches out but care see the tiniest stuff up real close, so am afraid of lasik because I don't want to lose that.

KevinR

Reaction score
Went to "Progressives" in my early 50s.... the eye docs were trying to sell me these bifocals as well as close up readers. Shit man, I ain't gonna carry two sets of glasses around. So a buddy turned me on to Progressives where they "Blend" the near and far sighted prescriptions. It took two different fittings to get it right and you have to actually train your eye muscles to adjust over maybe a month but once you're adjusted you'll never go back. They told me older folks have a tougher time adjusting, like with everything else [Ha, no kidding] but this was a game changer. I got my sunglasses as progressives as well so I can drive and look down at dashboard and cell phone etc....

The only way to fly! Progressives are bad ass. Got them 3 years ago at 60.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
This explains many of my bad posts. Who knew. :p

j21black

Reaction score
Reading only?

I had lasix surgery 15 years ago for near sited (couldnt see shit far) and it's been great. I've NEVER had a problem with close up shit until about 4 months ago I looked down to fix my necklace and noticed I couldn't focus in on the fine clasp. FUCK. Beginning of the end I'm afraid.

Had mine done about 18 months ago. They told me I'd eventually need readers down the road at somepoint, but now they can place an implant in your eye to fix that, if you had full blown lasik, meaning laser to cut the flap and laser to make the correction. If the flap was cut via blade, how they used to do them all, you are SOL as of 9/18 for getting an implant.

But I do have trouble now reading small print depending on lighting. It wasn't an issue before. I have the most trouble reading numbers on sockets. Drives me insane. And when my wife shoves her phone in my face to show me something. Damn near hit my nose, i can't see that close hun!

j21black

Reaction score
Don’t quote me, but I think LASIK is just to help see distance. I don’t think there is really anything to do about not being able to see up close. It’s just an age thing.

Sorry for quoting you.

Monovision Plus involves Monovision LASIK enhanced by the KAMRA Corneal Inlay. KAMRA is an FDA-approved device that corrects near vision while maximizing distance vision. The microscopic inlay is placed within the deeper layers of the cornea (the clear front of the eye) of your non-dominant eye. The inlay has a pinhole opening in the center to control how light enters the eye so improved close up vision can be achieved without affecting distance vision. Additionally, since it works via a pinhole effect, the KAMRA Inlay maintains its effect even as we get older!

The procedure is painless and takes approximately 20 minutes.
Most patients will have LASIK at the same time the KAMRA inlay is placed.
Lasers (no blades!!) are used for all aspects of LASIK and KAMRA procedures at
CorrectVision Laser Institute!

Benefits of the KAMRA Inlay

• Reduced dependence on reading glasses
  • Distance vision is not compromised
  • Most patients resume normal activities within 24-48 hours
  • Reading vision improvement is maintained even as we get older
  • Removable, if necessary

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
View attachment 848438
I had Oakley make me some progressive readers as I needed them for safety glasses. I find myself wearing more as they are pretty comfy, lol
Yup.... Progressives are the answer for sure. I use those same Oakley frames for my progressive shades and they've proven indestructible. LensCrafters set me up ... eye exam, built the progressive lenses to my satisfaction [2 fittings as I adjusted with some difficulty initially] selection of frames, one stop shopping. Had these current prescriptions clear & shades maybe 5-7 years now.... I might be ready for a tune up due to aging which I guess is normal. Not cheap but what price can you place on vision, lol.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
all this time, we thought it was just your auto correct typos with your phone, or just drinking and posting. wear them now, thank yourself later (I think).

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

X2

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Reading this thread...without glasses...makes me feel younger.
Kind of like looking at my wife's FaceSpace stuff, and going "Damn, do I look that old too?"

Guess I need to get my eyes checked, maybe just my mirror 🤔