WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Tim McDonald

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
here's my thought....when some one gets out on bail.... they should be giv'n a court date,... on that date, if for any reason they can't continue with the trial...bail should be revoked and they return to jail till they can make the trial...bail is a freedom on a promise to appear...got too much to do out of jail to go to trial.... back to jail where you have nothing to do

beertruck

Reaction score
Why would they be dismissing the charges?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its because of the accused 6th amendment rights
The right to confront witnesses who will testify against the accused

My guess s that some of the victims are not able to attend the trial, so their charges are being dropped. When the trial was going to be held in December, my charges were going to be dropped because I was not planning to attend. ( thought that my written testimony was enough). Found out that was not the case, so I'm flying in for the trial to make sure my charges are presented.

I have over 100 texts to and from him after he had sold my boat telling me about potential buyers, water tests, mechanical issues, and every other reason under the son why my already sold boat hadn't sold yet. This went on for over a year

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
man I sure hope the other SCREWED victims take time out and attend the trail...

JUSTICE needs to be served against THIS LOW LIFE!!!

poncho

Reaction score
Sounds like my cousin.. Although I believe his is a 67 Chevelle. It was at a hot rod shop in Signal Hill, CA. spent a crazy about of money on it.. They kept sending him invoices with little work done. He finally picked his car up.

I have literally held my tongue and its not been easy, Kenny has been promised a runner this spring....I have my doubts. I cannot wrap my mind around telling someone something you know is not true and taking their money at the same time.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
DAMN!!, I have heard people say how could you be so stupid? I have been cheated,bt people I trusted. There are friends that have been cheated by Ex Wives, Business dealings, Business partners, and Friends what is a person to do? Live their lives NEVER EVER trusting? I bet there are some now saying= YES. I for one do not want to live in a World like this. I assume now it is just rely on word of mouth, businesses that have been in opereration for years. The fact that you must at all times be careful, watch your back, hold on to your wallet takes the "FUN" out of life and purchasing your hard work rewards such as a Boat. :(

Backlash

Reaction score
Sounds like the DA's office could be dismissing counts for alleged victims who either arent willing to show up and testify, or instances where there isn't enough evidence to prove the case beyond a reasonable doubt. It may also be that the DA is agreeing to dismissing some of the weak cases involving little evidence as a pre-trial bargain agreement with the defense attorney. Who knows. Either way it sucks for everyone who's been affected by this POS. Weren't there originally like 17 felony counts filed or something to that affect??

guest hs

Reaction score
Saw this in the bathroom at the Turtle
BBDCA9AF-A742-42F1-81A2-1090F6B72A42.jpeg

Loony Toon

Reaction score
My Group was called for a different trial.
And I didn't get picked. 🕺
Back to work tomorrow.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Well I understand that the chief county attorney is prosecuting the case so they are bringing out the big gun.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Sounds like my cousin.. Although I believe his is a 67 Chevelle. It was at a hot rod shop in Signal Hill, CA. spent a crazy about of money on it.. They kept sending him invoices with little work done. He finally picked his car up.
Same shop the owner was part of the epic call out thread on here?

Reactions: TPC

eliminate25

Reaction score
Stopped by the trial today. The pompous prick sits there like he owns the place passing notes to his attorney.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
So I guess going supercat racing wasn’t part of the $$ that came from OCM? Nor the Range Rover his wife ran.. or thecrazy $$ he spent having shugrues carter her birthday at his house.. and on and on.

Wish I was broke like that. :D
Nope, you're broke in different ways :p

beertruck

Reaction score
don't want to put too much out there until the trial is over, but 5 of us testified today. stories pretty much the same.
riverdavesplace was mentioned twice, so Dave"s got that going for him.
I fly home in the morning, and the trial is schedule thru friday.
hoping for some good news next week.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
don't want to put too much out there until the trial is over, but 5 of us testified today. stories pretty much the same.
I feel sorry for you and the others that had to make a trip to the river, to tell your side...while in the same room as the one who wronged you.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Stupid question...

Is this a jury trial?

adam909

Reaction score
I was actually a very enjoyable experience. I got to here all the testimonies today, and was thinking, Tim is certainly not enjoying this as much as I am.

sorry you have to deal with this.. Thanks for taking the time and letting everyone know how its playing out..

Joker

Reaction score
I was actually a very enjoyable experience. I got to here all the testimonies today, and was thinking, Tim is certainly not enjoying this as much as I am.

Out of curiosity, how long do you anticipate being there and how does this affect your work? Note: nobody should have to deal with this

New to boating

Reaction score
So I guess going supercat racing wasn’t part of the $$ that came from OCM? Nor the Range Rover his wife ran.. or thecrazy $$ he spent having shugrues carter her birthday at his house.. and on and on.

Wish I was broke like that. :D

I do not believe he ever went "supercat racing". Not defending the Guy, my dealings with him were fortunately limited. For all of you that were Dooped I hope he gets what he deserves.

There are a very, very few AUTHENTIC people regularly hanging around Havasu that ever went Supercat Racing in legitimate races (canopied boats that were Supercat rules legal), SBI, APBA Offshore, OPA... they are ......myself....., Mike Defreese (who hung around a lot with TIm McDonald), Coby Cline (for a limited time), Greg Rivera (for a limited time)....Bob Teague and his Son, Roger Bourget (for a very limited time)

And just for clarification.... running around Havasu in a canopied boat is NOT "Supercat Racing"......

Last edited:

Devious_Chris

I wear sunglasses, lake Havasu city az.
Reaction score
I do not believe he ever went "supercat racing". Not defending the Guy, my dealings with him were fortunately limited. For all of you that were Dooped I hope he gets what he deserves.

There are a very, very few AUTHENTIC people regularly hanging around Havasu that ever went Supercat Racing in legitimate races (canopied boats that were Supercat rules legal), SBI, APBA Offshore, OPA... they are ......myself....., Mike Defreese (who hung around a lot with TIm McDonald), Coby Cline (for a limited time), Greg Rivera (for a limited time)....Bob Teague and his Son, Roger Bourget (for a very limited time)

And just for clarification.... running around Havasu in a canopied boat is NOT "Supercat Racing"......

IMG_1011.jpg

Not sure but I believe the fact that Tim paid Mike to race with him qualifies as going racing...... Am I wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

New to boating

Reaction score
View attachment 848791

Not sure but I believe the fact that Tim paid Mike to race with him qualifies as going racing...... Am I wrong?

I stand corrected... did not know this, but I suspect that Mike was paying for it all, he was racing long before this in Supercat with Greg Harris (and very competative), I can't imagine Tim every moving the needle (money wise) on Mike being able to race, or not. We pitted next to him in Key West for a couple of years and he didn't appear to need any "help" money wise... its always hard to know for sure....

Last edited by a moderator:

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score

Funny how certain you were that you knew something and professed to be an expert about it. Yet you really had zero clue about it. I’m guessing a lot of your posts and diatribes are like that. You love to come here, puff your pompous chest out, and spew your elitist boat racing bullshit. Maybe if you had a little more humility and an open mind you might learn something.

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
it's just reality that Timmy boy is a Professional CON man....
he's CON everyone hes ever met out of whatever... weasel his way into offshore racing while, screwing "CON" people of their prized possessions. He had RDP believing his innocence....

CON men are GREAT NICE GUYS. . ... they need that FRONT, so they can SCREW YOU all the way to the BANK!!!

TIM McDonald is a F.ING THIEF!!!!

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
Funny how certain you were that you knew something and professed to be an expert about it. Yet you really had zero clue about it. I’m guessing a lot of your posts and diatribes are like that. You love to come here, puff your pompous chest out, and spew your elitist boat racing bullshit. Maybe if you had a little more humility and an open mind you might learn something.

Now that is a call out post.👍

beertruck

Reaction score
not a lot in trial attendance, yesterday was basically just the people testifying in the trial, although it was open to the public.
Still very interesting, though. The prosecutor, and detective are doing a great job.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I stand corrected... did not know this, but I suspect that Mike was paying for it all, he was racing long before this in Supercat with Greg Harris (and very competative), I can't imagine Tim every moving the needle (money wise) on Mike being able to race, or not. We pitted next to him in Key West for a couple of years and he didn't appear to need any "help" money wise... its always hard to know for sure....

He paid him 5k a race to be in the boat, and did so for a number of years.. Mike doesn’t need any help money wise.. They were friends at the time.

Good to see ya keeping your batting average on here though. Lol. Skater looks goodbtw, saw it going up Mcculoch the other day.