WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Are you going to Quarantine??

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Honest question here.. I have my mother in law driving out from California tomorrow. She is older and has respiratory issues, if this thing gets ahold of her it would be terrible..

In the meantime because the kids are off of school for god knows how long now, I have friends calling us for kids to come over and play and vice versus..

My first thought is to literally quarantine my house.. No inside visitors, keep a distance from people outside etc.. We have enough supplies to get us through a pretty good time frame.

what are you doing?
Do you have someone in your household that this could likely kill? How’s that affecting your decision making?

RD

JB in so cal

Reaction score
Protect your mom. Kids bring in stuff from "play time" that won't affect them but could be harmful to older people. No kids or power wash them in the driveway prior to going inside. Just my opinion

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
This is going to drag on for a long time. Talked to a guy with a place in Milan I work with. His parents are locked in their home in Italy with food. Thankfully they are healthy at this point being that they are older. At this point the boys are at home. But once the weather clears here it will be hard keeping people in.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Idk. You know my wife is high risk right now. I’m working if I have it. It’s hard to just sit in your house and not socialize. I’m not sure what to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Yes. Already am as best we can. Other than work, not going anywhere. Stocked up on supplies to last the duration.

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
I was planning on going to visit my mom in AZ this weekend, she is 83 and in good health, but since i have been around a bunch of people lately, of which a couple just got back from New york, one from Atlanta and two from Italy ( but that was three weeks ago) i don't see the reason to go visit her being that smart right now, plus i was at Sony studios last week, ill talk to her on the phone

Singleton

Reaction score
Mom and stepdad (mid 70’s) are in Palm Springs until May = they are limiting exposure To folks, but going to pool, hiking and riding bikes. Both have other issues, so no groups

dad and stepmom (mid / early 70’s) just booked a plane to get from FL to IL house. Stepmom‘s (Mimi) 90+ old mom having issues and they need to move her from current house into my dads place. Mimi tested negative, but stopped taking all her meds and is off.

wife and I are working from home. 8yo daughter and son home from college (college is online until 04/23, then back to class as of this evenings update). We are limiting group activities, but spend an hour outside with daughter a day and have family hikes planned this weekend. Wife has asthma and prone to bronchitis, so limiting groups to protect her

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score
My wife is a nurse. She use to work in the respiratory icu. Her friends that still work there have active covid cases. They say it's a mess in there icu. The patients get very sick very fast. Get intubated then turn for the worst. She mentioned the people turning for the worst are in their 60s

4Waters

Reaction score
We are doing what they are asking, we are doing a self quarantine (I still have to work), we are supposed to keep the kids away from other kids or we could just leave them in school, if you mom has respiratory issues keep the kids away from others.

Last edited:

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Honest question here.. I have my mother in law driving out from California tomorrow. She is older and has respiratory issues, if this thing gets ahold of her it would be terrible..

In the meantime because the kids are off of school for god knows how long now, I have friends calling us for kids to come over and play and vice versus..

My first thought is to literally quarantine my house.. No inside visitors, keep a distance from people outside etc.. We have enough supplies to get us through a pretty good time frame.

what are you doing?
Do you have someone in your household that this could likely kill? How’s that affecting your decision making?

RD
That is exactly the concern today. They are telling people not to go visit elderly family members right now. The problem is not just the kids friends bringing in the virus, it is also your kids bringing the virus home from other kids homes, and to an extent you put Stacy bringing it home from contact with someone.

One of the countries (I think S. Korea or Italy) tested a bunch of young people, say 15 - 30 years old. They were surprised how many were infected with the virus, and had no symptoms, and therefore no idea they had it.

Take care of G-Ma!!

Sent From Tapatalk

Loo Dog

Reaction score
The good thing is it isn’t a real threat to the kiddos. The bad news is the kiddos are dirty little Petri dishes. Best to protect the vulnerable to the max extent possible. You can give us an update in....wait for it...two weeks.

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
I’m not sure why people are trying to fight the quarantine deal. There’s a reason they are doing it. It’s really bad in other countries. Just stay home for a couple of weeks and hopefully they can get this under control. The alternative is much worse from what I’m seeing in other countries.

Someone sent me this quote today:

“Our Grandparents were asked to go to war. We are asked to sit on the couch and watch TV.”

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Yep, this is going to go on for awhile. The scare will go on for even longer. If you are worried about your mom then you should keep people out of your house.

My in laws and parents are older but don’t have respiratory issues. I don’t think we will visit them unnecessarily either as they are at home and functional.

I think we will go to Havasu and do a few private family activities this week like off roading and taking the boat out but mostly will lay low.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Best bet would to have her stay put. What if you or the kids already have it and aren’t showing symptoms? We have quarantined my wife’s grandma because I couldn’t imagine living with accidentally killing her.

Wife still has to go to work, though I’m not sure why they make her, and I’m working from home and going to work. Virtually everyone is working from home right now so I’m pretty safe at work in my office. We are in our 30s and healthy so I’m not really worried there. We’ll stick to ourselves so we don’t risk hurting anyone else, should we get it.

Last edited:

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
My three grandsons are coming to my house. Picking them up in LHC this weekend. I will still be working until the courts close down. Simple as that. I will probably go out and shoot with them and so forth but we will keep it all internal. Damn sure not taking them to see my 92 year old mom.

J DUNN

Unknown Member
Reaction score
I am doing the same thing you are considering. I just got my daughter home from college so we have four kids at home with no school. They are all staying home and we are in quarantine for at least 3 weeks maybe more. I am type one diabetic. Yes I feel threatened. I still have to go to work as a need to provide for 65 employees and make sure things are still functioning. Other than that we’re at home.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
We'll lock down. Sad but needed. Have meds and food to last quite a bit. In an odd way, it is kind of good that both my wife and I lost our parents some time ago.

Earlier today I texted my friend and neighbor across the road. He is a Deputy, sargeant or something. I told him to let me know if the world catches fire, and he has to go and watch it. If he does, I told him to make sure his wife has my number posted so her or their kids can call me. He has his parents living in the guest house, and his dad has dimentia and in failing health.

I don't know how much time I have left, but there's a whole lot of making up to do. I have to make sure my house is in order, that's a priority. I also figure I should be available to help the family across the road, as their lead will be called out for the community. I also need to be ready to help the older Nam vet behind me, with COPD as well as being a lung cancer survivor. If I have health and some strength, if it doesn't take away from my kin, I should put it to use for those I can.

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
My parents 87 & 90 .... I have self quarantined since I got off a cruise a week ago, NO BODY SICK ON THE CRUISE.... another week before I’ll go near my parents.

I’m not going out, and I’m scratching stuff off my honey do list multiple times a day.

squeezer

Reaction score
We don’t have anybody at risk in the household so letting the kids play with the next door neighbors kids just slides under the wire. Other than that we are isolating ourselves as much as is practical. (And have been for about a week already). I put the over/under for the local schools being closed at 6 weeks.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I’m not sure why people are trying to fight the quarantine deal. There’s a reason they are doing it. It’s really bad in other countries. Just stay home for a couple of weeks and hopefully they can get this under control. The alternative is much worse from what I’m seeing in other countries.

“Our Grandparents were asked to go to war. We are asked to sit on the couch and watch TV.”

People are fighting it because it is logistically impossible for the vast majority. Look at Dave’s example.

You have an aging parent that needs help, who is gonna help them? You don’t have 2 weeks or more of food in your house? Need Prescriptions? Kids going in and out of the house? Someone has to come out of quarantine to go get whatever they need. If that is having stuff delivered, or having a person go get it and bring it back, at that point no one is really quarantined, it is just theater. Sure your odds are better of not getting sick or sickening others which is good, but you are just bathing in Purell and hoping for the best when you are bringing people and things in and out of the house.

The thing about “flattening the curve” is that it greatly extends the duration of the infection in the population. That is all that they can do now because it can’t be contained, so the best shot is trying to slow roll it.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
We are just limiting our exposure but not hunkering down. Both of us can work from home. We canceled our kids bday party this weekend. Other than that it’s just laying low and enjoying family time.

Singleton

Reaction score
Spreading out the infection rate

Attachments

• 5C508A83-435E-4983-B71A-35649750C1B1.jpeg
    5C508A83-435E-4983-B71A-35649750C1B1.jpeg
    82.5 KB · Views: 330

C-2

Reaction score
For the past month my wife has been staying with my 82-year old MIL, who had a recent surgery. Today the doctor toold them they need to quarantine themselves, as in no contact with anybody except for medical appointments. The doctor also scolded other family members, including my 17-year old daughter, for visiting with the MIL this past weekend. My SIL, her daughter (a nurse), and my daughter left the appointment feeling like shiat; as if they had done something wrong.

Earlier this evening wifey called crying, knowing she won't be able to see her daughter, or me, or her horses, for at least another month, or two. It's a MF right now, but we ALL gotta deal with the hand given to us.

So yes, we will quarantine as best as we are able to.

84miller

Reaction score
I plan to stay away from people for a week, pay attention to my area, if cases start to increase, continue...play it by ear...but starting with a week..not too much to really do...pretty much everything is closed...

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Just another "Very weird" extended holiday for me. I have one Daughter who is 11 and one young Wife. They both will survive to collect the insurance if not so well dad gets sick and dies.
It doesn't appear they are with the program I'm shooting for.
I did what I could and am doing what I can.
I think team effort, some hard work and most of all getting along will help most families.

ALAN F

Reaction score

That is an amazing response!!!!!!100 %% on point.thanks for that, someone gets it!!!!lol

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
As of today, my wife and I have no plans to quarantine ourselves. She works at Loma Linda and I work at ONT airport. As long as we're not sick I will continue my 3 day p/wk mtn biking and she'll keep up her jogging. If her Hospital or my airport close, we'll go home and wait it out. We have no plans to stock up on ammo, extra food or toilet paper. We're just cruising along day by day. I wish you all the best through this.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
For the most part, yes. The more important people in this world are not doing all this shit because they think it's fun....they're doing it because it's the best thing they can come up with to stop or slow down the spread of this. While I'm normally one to argue, I understand that I don't know shit about this in the grand scheme of things so I'll go with it for as long as I can stand to. Nobody is welcome at my house for the forseeable future until all this goes away.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
I am very concerned that we won't be able to avoid contracting this thing. And my wife is severely asthmatic and is very much at risk.

I pray for her and everyone to get through this alive. And we are self-quarantined but I have gone to the stores and I worry that I'll bring it home.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
My wife is immuno compromised, if she were the get it , it would most likely kill her as her body doesn’t produce what’s needed to fight it off. She is a hospice RN. Currently she is out of work due to Dr. orders. Myself I am in HVAC and more importantly sales. I’m taking every precaution (gloves, no physical contact with people, washing hands,etc) currently I am still working. I have already told my wife that the minute she says go we are prepped to head somewhere less populated for an undetermined amount of time. Being it’s not an airborne virus changes some things. Essentially at this point my wife has self quarantined herself and I will do all of the shopping, etc. hopefully the steps I take are good enough I don’t carry it home.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I’m on the fence. I want to go to havasu go get away from the madness in garden grove. But I have 2 cats so to leave for two weeks with them is hard. If i did leave I would have to take my trailer as likely no one would let me stay with them lol. If I did that I would rack up a big bill at the rv parks that I was not “planning” to spend for vacation. The flip side is my mom is a cancer survivor and has a very week immune system. She is also a teacher. She is staying home but lives alone and I think I need to be there with her but not with her if you know what I mean. My mom is a pilot and her bf has a plane. Do you think small airports will close?

TCHB

Reaction score

what are you doing?

RD
My wife and I are keeping ourselves away from people in general. We are golfing but only by ourselves and not going out to dinner and other functions. Glad I have a big garage to to do projects. My welding skills are getting better.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
My house is on full lockdown. Nobody in, nobody out. The virus is the real deal.

farmo83

Reaction score
My Dad has a compromised immune system so I am extremely worried about him. He works as a trouble shooter for oil and gas pipelines and power plants so hopefully he can stay home during all of this. My sister is also due with her first born in 2 weeks.

Wife and I are both working from home. No kids. We go for walks every night and I go for a run during my "lunch break" to get somewhat out of the house. We have a deep freeze full of deer meat and a beer fridge full of beer so we can hunker down a while. Main concern are my dad and sister at this point.

Joker

Reaction score
I’m considering not going to work for a couple weeks and just pay my guy for the same duration. Supposed to start a project on an existing hotel next week but i think the risk outweighs the benefits.
Our current job will shutter soon as the outhouse company states they cannot keep up with the tp and sanitizer demand.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
I don't remember anyone saying to self quarantine except for when you show symptoms. Other than that, keep your distance and wash your hands.

No one in my house is compromised with immune issues. We are taking the precautions we have read about. I'm still working outside the house, my wife is telecommuting for the next several weeks.

pkrrvr619

Reaction score
The crazy part about this is really wrapping your head around what a true lockdown or quarantine is. We have enough food and supplies to ride out a couple of months, but it seems like if we run out of eggs its not too crazy here in SD so we can head to the store to get some. However as someone mentioned that is just theater and not a true lockdown.

As another thread is mentioning shit is happening fast and most people hate change and are slow to adapt.

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
I'm not quarantining but will be social distancing. Actually, have been for 3 years now because I live by myself in the middle of nowhere. I always keep my freezer and pantry stocked with food, I have a 200 gallon diesel tank and 200 gas tank, on a well, the Schwans guy comes by every two weeks and I'm in ranch land so plenty of love stock around. There have been times when I haven't left my property for two weeks other than fire/medical calls.

I am having my second eye cataract surgery this afternoon and my doctor is Dr. Wu! 😵 😁 Hope he hasn't been back to the homeland recently! I have a follow up appointment tomorrow morning. I think when I get to the office I'm going to tell them I'll wait in the car until the doctor is read to see me.

Then back to my normal routine. I hate grocery shopping anyway so might try buying some stuff on Amazon and up my Schwans orders. If I have to go to the store I'll go at 4AM or something.

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I guess I shouldn't be surprised to see how many people think that the guidelines and suggestions for social distancing and quarantine don't apply to them. It's just the way society is these days, I suppose. Really, really sad how self-centered some have become.

If the thought of potentially being a carrier-monkey and spreading the virus to others, including those at high-risk, doesn't adjust your behavior, you would think that the understanding of the economic consequences of not stopping this scourge in it's tracks would....

I think many would benefit greatly from quarantine simply to have some time for self-reflection.

I wanted to go visit my folks this weekend, but won't take the risk. I work from home and feel great, but Mr. DB has to go into the office (tax season), so there is a chance that he could bring something home. I'd never forgive myself if my parents got it and there was a chance it was because of me.

Sent from my Note 10+ using Tapatalk

Blancotrabajo

Banned
Reaction score
I think it’s safe to say we will continue to see more drastic measures being enforced in metropolitan and surrounding areas. It takes some time to shut down the country, slamming on the brakes will create social unrest and have the exact opposite effect of the desired results. We are limiting exposure to others at this time and have been for about a week, we can lockdown for an extended period of time, however the lowest common denominator of society is the weak link and must be accounted for, think about that. I’d imagine the majority of the population is nowhere near prepared for an extended period of isolation.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
My 81 year old MIL who also has respiratory issues has self quarantined herself in her condo. There is no way I would risk having my kids or somebody else’s kids bring Covid-19 into our home. It’s a death sentence for anyone over 60 with breathing problems. Too much risk - little reward. Unless your kids friends have been tested I wouldn’t do it. Hopefully this shit fizzles out in the next 2 months and life can get back to normal this summer!

HCP3

Reaction score
If you are taking care of someone pregnant, elderly, and/or immunodeficient, I would be taking extra precautions. You would not be conceding to the government, you would be doing the right thing for your loved ones.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
This just broke yesterday and today:

2Driver

Reaction score
I dont think it is over reacting to take extra precautions with the compromised and elderly.
In the scheme of things its a short period, why not protect them and be sure

Reactions: DWC

brianwhiteboy

Professional Lurker
Reaction score
I won’t be going to a mall or other tightly crowded places, but I’m not sitting at home jaded from all this bullshit media driven panic. We’ll load up and hit the desert/track for a day or two. We’ll take the dogs to the park or the beach for a walk. I’ll mow the lawn, talk to the neighbors, run to the store if need be. Pretty much my normal life anyways.

Just because there’s other people out and about, do you think you should stay totally inside? Believe me, I’m not having people over or mingling, but I don’t think I’ll be locked up tight in my house.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
This just broke yesterday and today:

This overstating the lethality of the virus has been obvious when most of the media has trotted out that 2.2M people COULD die here in the US as the worst case scenario. That is a mortality rate of only .6 percent.

Of course that does not fit the narrative, so it is not pointed out.

.6 Is not good, but it’s very very far from 3.4%.

Last edited: