WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Are you going to Quarantine??

hallett21

Reaction score
Unless there’s been a recent update which I may have missed.

Total cases 190k ish

80k ish recovered

Total deaths just at 7,500

That’s 4% mortality rate globally against all cases (which some are currently active)

And about 9-10% mortality rate when comparing closed cases to deaths.

I don’t think the US will have an honest measurement for another 7-10 days. Hopefully it’s a positive (low death number) outcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2Driver

Reaction score
This just broke yesterday and today:

They have this guy on the news a lot. You want to think he has the data right. But I couldn’t help think he was a sensationalist when I was watching him. Every model is a double down worse case scenario. No wonder people are panicking.

LOL “We would rather have been over prepared than underprepared“.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Unless there’s been a recent update which I may have missed.

Total cases 190k ish

80k ish recovered

Total deaths just at 7,500

That’s 4% mortality rate globally against all cases (which some are currently active)

And about 9-10% mortality rate when comparing closed cases to deaths.

I don’t think the US will have an honest measurement for another 7-10 days. Hopefully it’s a positive (low death number) outcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There won’t be accurate numbers ever for this outbreak. Thousands that have already had and recovered from the virus have went uncounted thus far.

Last edited:

TomD

Breathing Member
Reaction score
Working from home here in Albany, NY. Some stuff closed. Less people on the roads.

nameisbond

Reaction score
I'm not too worried about myself. My mom with COPD is the worry. My parents are in quarantine and my youngest brother is assigned taking care of them. Me and my other brother, we are avoiding my parents.

HBCraig

Reaction score
My company imposed a self quarantine for all employees that were at Conexpo in Vegas last week. 14 days.

Not allowing anyone into our offices. I work from home so it doesnt matter to me much.

merc_400r

Reaction score
we have one at risk person in our household and we are on full lockdown. Our fears is if they happen to get it and their aren't enough hospital beds then it can really be fatal. So our plan is to do everything in our power not to get it to be on the safe side. Sucks for our kids but the next several weeks will be mostly TV and video games, no seeing friends, etc. Being locked in the house for a few weeks isn't horrible. Its not like we don't have water, food or electricity or anything.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Wife has an upcoming medical procedure.

MIL is a recent cancer survivor.

So we’re on lockdown, though I’m running errands for us and the in-laws, and tending to my business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
89822953_2453962738190607_5850208420266770432_n.jpg

locogringo

Yo Mama
Reaction score
Here’s my poetic response...

Gonna be out and about.

Gonna ride the calm freeways, without a doubt.

Gonna stock up on deals and check out some wheels, then petition for a media blackout.

Gonna trust my faith, lend others my grace
And weather myself through this drought.

Singleton

Reaction score

heading that direction at my house
school district asked parents to maintain 4-5 of educational activities a day with kids, including math, science, English and art. each teacher created a private FB group for each class yesterday and posted that.
my response “how do you except me to do 4-5 hours of education with my second grader, while working from home, like I have done since 2014”. I average 8-10 hours of work a day and usually my kid is gone from 8 to 6 between school and after-school study and sports programs.

another parent said “make the time, your kids education is more important.”

my time in that group is going to be short lived, even my said told a few parents - this is not possible for working parents

SummitKarl

LHC Architect
Reaction score
Honest question here.. I have my mother in law driving out from California tomorrow. She is older and has respiratory issues, if this thing gets ahold of her it would be terrible..

In the meantime because the kids are off of school for god knows how long now, I have friends calling us for kids to come over and play and vice versus..

My first thought is to literally quarantine my house.. No inside visitors, keep a distance from people outside etc.. We have enough supplies to get us through a pretty good time frame.

what are you doing?
Do you have someone in your household that this could likely kill? How’s that affecting your decision making?

RD
I got a chuckle out of this..............for years now I have always taken a "airborne" before visiting the old Casa de RDP cuz someone was always sniffling , sneezing, coughing, snot running out of nose....and that was just Dave let alone the kids..LOL and now you feel the need to isolate you from us.....🤨

oldschool

Reaction score
No quarantine here. We are busier than we’ve been all year at work, packing citrus, and hopefully it continues. I plan on driving to Parker and buying a boat the end of the week. We are living our lives as we were before.

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
Overall I will be in quarantine, the kids daycare will be shutting down soon (not announced yet but fully expecting it this week). I am not sure what work will look like as I can do some from hone but not a lot. As I have stated before, I work for the state so not sure what all of this is going to look like. The fool speaks today to announce plans. I have lots of projects here at home and lots of food. My outside contact will not be totally eliminated but will drop by mid to upper 90%. My father with lung issues and my 96 year old grandma are the ones I'm worried about. Some modest fear for me as I had pneumonia last summer, but not terribly worried.

Reactions: DWC

C-2

Reaction score
Yeah well, the daughter just gave me a sour look as I heard one of her teachers coming across her Google classroom LOUD AND CLEAR. Lol No vacay there!

RaceTec

Reaction score
If you have someone at risk in your household go on lockdown!

SoCalDave

Reaction score
No lockdown here as I still go to work daily and the wife watches to grandkids as their out of school until further notice. Being 62 and now our daughter, SIL and 2 grandkids are living with us as their selling their condo. Daughters a teacher and SIL is a project manager for Raymond material division. He just got back from New Jersey and was in Seattle the prior week. All we can do is keep extra hygiene measures and limit our contact with others.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
This overstating the lethality of the virus has been obvious when most of the media has trotted out that 2.2M people COULD die here in the US as the worst case scenario. That is a mortality rate of only .6 percent.

Of course that does not fit the narrative, so it is not pointed out.

.6 Is not good, but it’s very very far from 3.4%.
2.2 million would be .6% of the entire population....so are you saying everyone is going to get it?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
2.2 million would be .6% of the entire population....so are you saying everyone is going to get it?

Another article from yesterday, a public health researcher assuming a 30% infection rate, .5% mortality rate, 480K dead in the US.

Some European countries are assuming as high as 2/3 infection rate in their population, so that is why Europe (et al) is freaking out.

To stoke fears, they put the number of dead and infection rates on sliders in the article to let you scare yourself further. But the 3.4% mortality rate number thrown out a couple weeks ago seems to be bogus, statistically speaking.

Some hard numbers - In Hubei, China where it started the mortality rate is .8% with far less than 20% of the population infected.

So this is all better news than what we have been led to believe, if true.

Last edited:

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Trying not to put myself and family on a lockdown.. But.....with 7 days of shitty weather ahead it looks like i will. Already going stir crazy in this fn house.. Work is shut down for 2 months..kids are outta school.. We might be dumpster diving for cans soon or putting the boat up for sale ..real soon...😫

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
I’m on the fence. I want to go to havasu go get away from the madness in garden grove. But I have 2 cats so to leave for two weeks with them is hard. If i did leave I would have to take my trailer as likely no one would let me stay with them lol. If I did that I would rack up a big bill at the rv parks that I was not “planning” to spend for vacation. The flip side is my mom is a cancer survivor and has a very week immune system. She is also a teacher. She is staying home but lives alone and I think I need to be there with her but not with her if you know what I mean. My mom is a pilot and her bf has a plane. Do you think small airports will close?

Small airports most likely won't close, short of a full stop travel ban. Most don't even have anyone there attending to the place.

TCHB

Reaction score
I won’t be going to a mall or other tightly crowded places, but I’m not sitting at home jaded from all this bullshit media driven panic. We’ll load up and hit the desert/track for a day or two. We’ll take the dogs to the park or the beach for a walk. I’ll mow the lawn, talk to the neighbors, run to the store if need be. Pretty much my normal life anyways.

Just because there’s other people out and about, do you think you should stay totally inside? Believe me, I’m not having people over or mingling, but I don’t think I’ll be locked up tight in my house.
I know some of the power plants I was responsible for are on a lockdown. People coming in are having temperature taken and only certain people are still on site. All others are working from home.

just_floatin

Reaction score
So far so good in Parker and Havasu. Phoenix metro is infected. Waiting on the demographic of the 63 pending test.
D71306E7-386C-48B0-A6F6-AD9CBDA48D40.jpeg

brianwhiteboy

Professional Lurker
Reaction score
I know some of the power plants I was responsible for are on a lockdown. People coming in are having temperature taken and only certain people are still on site. All others are working from home.
Our plant (city of L. A.) is operating as normal, and we’re in the middle of a scheduled outage on one unit. I haven’t heard of any plans to minimize crews as of yet.

DWC

Reaction score
We’re on lockdown as much as possible. Work has asked us to work from home so I’m good. All 3 kids still have to work. Daughter is a K teacher. No students but they keep going into school for some reason. Youngest works at Starbucks. He’s trying his best to clean up during and after work. When they get home they sanitize and stay home.
Just sent my wife to Havasu this morning. She has Asthma and i don’t trust that the kids aren’t bringing shit home.

TCHB

Reaction score
Our plant (city of L. A.) is operating as normal, and we’re in the middle of a scheduled outage on one unit. I haven’t heard of any plans to minimize crews as of yet.
I would look at the capacity factors of each plant and shut down a few that were at low capacity and go minimum mannning. Keep a few operators around to make sure shut down status is kept. Start reducing contractors on low priority work.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
I agree with Daytona B. The directives/requests are clear. Who the F am I or anyone else who feels these requests don't pertain to them? Friends and neighbors asking for your kids to play are being irresponsible. You seemed to say your MIL is coming because she has compromised lungs. Why wouldn't you make that a primary consideration. Stock piled supplies? WTF, just go to the store as you normally would. It is quite likely that stock piling, such as yours , is exactly why stores run short on some items. Although, perhaps you already had those items on hand? Don't know. Social distancing is what our medical experts are calling for. Why would anyone not do that? There are many things we can do in LHC which fit the social distancing request; Off roading, boating, remote target shooting, camping, turn on your heater and use your pool and/or spa, help your kids with their in home studies etc etc. Working together and following the directives will stomp out this F'n thing. To do otherwise is hard to comprehend. And that would include your kids playing with the neighbor's kids.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I agree with Daytona B. The directives/requests are clear. Who the F am I or anyone else who feels these requests don't pertain to them? Friends and neighbors asking for your kids to play are being irresponsible. You seemed to say your MIL is coming because she has compromised lungs. Why wouldn't you make that a primary consideration. Stock piled supplies? WTF, just go to the store as you normally would. It is quite likely that stock piling, such as yours , is exactly why stores run short on some items. Although, perhaps you already had those items on hand? Don't know. Social distancing is what our medical experts are calling for. Why would anyone not do that? There are many things we can do in LHC which fit the social distancing request; Off roading, boating, remote target shooting, camping, turn on your heater and use your pool and/or spa, help your kids with their in home studies etc etc. Working together and following the directives will stomp out this F'n thing. To do otherwise is hard to comprehend. And that would include your kids playing with the neighbor's kids.

That is lockdown/quarantine theater going into that cesspool of disease every other day.

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
We are stocked up on supplies. My next two weeks of events to shoot have canceled so I'm just staying home working on taxes, editing pictures, and riding my dirt scooter out to the desert to clear my mind of any worry.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
For the most part, yes. The more important people in this world are not doing all this shit because they think it's fun....they're doing it because it's the best thing they can come up with to stop or slow down the spread of this. While I'm normally one to argue, I understand that I don't know shit about this in the grand scheme of things so I'll go with it for as long as I can stand to. Nobody is welcome at my house for the forseeable future until all this goes away.

Well was anybody ever truly welcome anyways? :D

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
That is lockdown/quarantine theater going into that cesspool of disease every other day.
When going to the store use hand wipes before and after, keep the 6' distance when possible, avoid unnecessarily touching of surfaces. I was at Basha's in LHC yesterday. Except for one idiot lady who was virtually running with her cart, everyone was acting responsibly. Some shelves were in need of restocking. But, not many, mostly TP and fresh meat. And the butcher said they had just received a meat shipment which they were in the process of wrapping.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
When going to the store use hand wipes before and after, keep the 6' distance when possible, avoid unnecessarily touching of surfaces. I was at Basha's in LHC yesterday. Except for one idiot lady who was virtually running with her cart, everyone was acting responsibly. Some shelves were in need of restocking. But, not many, mostly TP and fresh meat. And the butcher said they had just received a meat shipment which they were in the process of wrapping.

I get all of that, but if you have someone who is truly at risk in your home and you are truly that worried about it, why keep rolling the dice? You don't. You stock up and hunker down for weeks at a time.

They have said the virus can live up to 24 hours on cardboard and paper packaging. Think about that.

Reactions: C-2

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
If I had a person living with us who was truly at risk I would ensure they had their own space within our home. And work with that accordingly. We lost our mother to lung fibrosis. I certainly understand what the families and persons who may be compromised are going through. It appears the Chinese are now on the downturn of their virus curve. If the Chinese can do this, so can we. We were told we would see a rapid increase in cases once ample tests were being performed. It appears that is happening now.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
If I had a person living with us who was truly at risk I would ensure they had their own space within our home. And work with that accordingly. We lost our mother to lung fibrosis. I certainly understand what the families and persons who may be compromised are going through. It appears the Chinese are now on the downturn of their virus curve. If the Chinese can do this, so can we. We were told we would see a rapid increase in cases once ample tests were being performed. It appears that is happening now.

Say what we want about Chinese, but they are a far more disciplined people than us..

main st in Havasu was going off last night.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Same country, different times, the polio epidemics of the 40s and 50s had a mortality rate of about 20%. Most of those had paralyzed diaphragms. Their lungs were unable to function. Some were put in “iron lungs”. Polio is/was a virus. Many of those who recovered were left with paralysis of some sort. This paralysis is often in the legs or arms. And that was the fortunate ones. Can you imagine how our 24/7 news media would handle that situation? Talk about a shit show. There is still no cure for polio, but there are vaccines to prevent it. Many have already survived COVID-19. In fact most of the patients have survived. So, we already have successful treatment for this virus. Vaccines to prevent it will soon be next.

Last edited:

Orange Juice

Reaction score
Honest question here.. I have my mother in law driving out from California tomorrow. She is older and has respiratory issues, if this thing gets ahold of her it would be terrible..

In the meantime because the kids are off of school for god knows how long now, I have friends calling us for kids to come over and play and vice versus..

My first thought is to literally quarantine my house.. No inside visitors, keep a distance from people outside etc.. We have enough supplies to get us through a pretty good time frame.

what are you doing?
Do you have someone in your household that this could likely kill? How’s that affecting your decision making?

RD

Traffic might not be too bad.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Doing are part. We are ordering food for pick up at our local joints trying to support them. But other then that, the wife and kids are going nowhere. I'll be headed to work with an even more modified schedule of working from home as much as possible. Nice not being stuck in a car everyday for sure.