WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Who has a job that will continue even if we go on lockdown?

RodnJen

Reaction score
My job gets reclassified from administrative to emergency response, I’ll be reporting in and working.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Working..... The company I work for is making the antidote for the corona virus. They are running around the clock. There are a lot of them that are working from home but I can't watch the boilers from home so I am here.

They already have a vaccine for the virus?

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
My guys are still building, repairing and remodeling. Phone calls have slowed down a bit. But we have a few projects in the hopper.

fishing fool

Reaction score
They are working in it. I believe right now they just put two things together.
When I got to work today this was waiting for me
EFEF62A6-1B3E-4A70-BE52-5661BD320711.jpeg

They already have a vaccine for the virus?

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
My wife is stupid busy with work, basically working from 5 a.m. to 8+p.m. 7 days a week.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I’m in vacation, but my office is still very much open, my employees have always worked from home so no change from the norm for us.

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
You all scare the the fuck out of me .
I feel like closing down just because.
(tooling / machine shop)

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Contractor labor in DFW is at a standstill.

Many Mexican laborers are afraid of getting sick and deported.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

C-2

Reaction score
On a positive note, I heard from a good source that EDD is working from 6am to 8pm and are being told to loosen up adjudication and pay claims without delay. What that means is unless a claim is egregious, it's getting paid; no more nitpicking.

530RL

Reaction score
The office building is getting real empty.

gu00qWsfStKRp4C3rli1Sw.jpg

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
My SIL just received the same notification he is a welder for BSNF out of Needles , they reposition him he is now traveling to Bakersfield to fill in, if is a shortage because of the virus . Last week he was in Kansas hopefully you have a position that they you not moving you around .
Yea luckily I’m ty&e and have pretty good seniority, but only god knows at this point.

Hdgasser

Reaction score
We were just notified with the same "critical infrastructure" email.... shits crazy.

jetur

Reaction score
We are working construction as usual in AZ so far. We have lots of yellow iron and if it sits that's a bad deal. I can't really see getting shut down because we are spread out in a field setting. If fuel stops for any reason I'm f@#&ed.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
I run a Home Health and Hospice company. We are business as usual but also prepping for the worst. We support the big hospitals in LA and work directly with the LA County Emergency Preparedness Department. If the county or state implements shelter in place, we still come to work to treat and care for patients in there home. My wife is kind of freaked out because a person in my building ( 2 Floor we are on the 5th) tested positive for COVID-19 and she doesn't want me to come into the office. I had to calm her down and explain this is what we do and now is the time for us to step up, roll up our sleeves and take care of the patients. I'm the Branch Manger for both companies so me not being here is not an option.

Ok back to work, just needed a little break.

Your ad here

Reaction score
I've got work till next Monday. We were at the end of a wave and the next wave was looking good but stuff got cancelled and delayed. Come Tuesday I'll be figuring out how to keep my head above water. Commercial construction in Phoenix. Will be interesting as I have terrible luck just getting companies to call back for an interview. 15 years experience, service truck full of tools, talented hands, no feelings to get hurt, and have a CA contractors license 983XXX.

FCT

Reaction score
Owner operator in trucking local and haven’t missed a beat yet. Hopefully it stays that way 🤠

BigBeto

Reaction score
I own a mold, tool and pattern shop. 10 employees. We are still up and running. Plastic manufacturers still need there molds to keep running.

Singleton

Reaction score
I would say this letter means travel restrictions are coming

other way to look at it, vacation time will not be allowed during this period
closing down interstate travel via cars is hard. That said, I could be airline travel grounded soon (no revenue, no flights)

FCT

Reaction score
If a true recession hits, the answer is no one.
I don’t post a whole lot but I have to ask. Do just enjoy saying stupid shit and being negative. It’s amazing how ignorant you are sometimes.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
I don’t post a whole lot but I have to ask. Do just enjoy saying stupid shit and being negative. It’s amazing how ignorant you are sometimes.
They are saying unemployment might go to 20-25%...it's going to feel like not many people have jobs. Last time we even saw near those levels was the Great Depression. And it could snow ball from there. I'm just worried.

wettrthebettr

Reaction score
Yeah they need at least 10 guys to hold shovels up while the 11th guy actually works.
Yes, they do hold shovels when the Back hoe, breaks down or hits Electrical lines, ECT.
Caltrans is on call for any Californy Emergencies, They would Deploy to command center, to receive orders, To assist in lock downs or Road closures.
I just retired from the Truckee yard, I was sent to Caltrans emergency response Meeting just before I Retired

Last edited:

E4L

Reaction score
Me. It’s like Christmas 2.0
60624823501__02B2B991-0C73-4011-AE1A-B934EDB1FD40.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

intense

Reaction score
They will have to post a cop out in front of my door 24 hours a day before I quit going in to work! I have too many employees that I am responsible for, we are taking all of the needed precautions here at the shop and if anyone wants to call in sick they can no issue. We have a ton of work that I need to get out the door... All of my guys are here cranking! Only thing that might hurt us is if they shut down UPS and FedEx?

i drive for UPS they say we are exempt from shutting down

E4L

Reaction score
But worse

Yea I got called in for going over 14 hours yesterday. I said I’m old school you put the shit in the truck I’m gonna ride that bitch all night.

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
I just had my 1st casualty hit today...
little 100k project, all materials purchased and stocked...... they just postponed indefinite......
I have not billed for materials.... (35k)....
I told them, do you want me to ship to your yard or I can stock for free in our yard.... but payment is required....

CLdrinker

Reaction score
I Plan and design Electrical Distribution systems
For SCE as a contractor.
I left my last employer on 2/19 I was with them for almost 12yrs.

Start my new job on 3/23.

rickym20

Reaction score
I just had my 1st casualty hit today...
little 100k project, all materials purchased and stocked...... they just postponed indefinite......
I have not billed for materials.... (35k)....
I told them, do you want me to ship to your yard or I can stock for free in our yard.... but payment is required....

We got notice on a job yesterday in Carlsbad of the same thing. We were just in the shop drawing phase so not as bad for us. Hate to see this kind of stuff since it brings back memories 12 years ago....

FCT

Reaction score
I would say this letter means travel restrictions are coming
yeah my BIL is BNSF out of AZ and called me to tell me to get my ducks in a row as far as supplies after he got this letter. Unfortunately I believe it’s coming.

fishing fool

Reaction score
@RiverDave I received this email today. So Yes there is a antidote for COVID-19

Good morning all,

All your hard work and support is also being recognized outside of Gilead, below are two examples of the messages we have received with respect to developing a potential treatment for COVID 19 (Corona virus).

In such times as these its heart warming and inspirational to know that all of us as a team are making a difference to others in such a significant way!

Thank all for your efforts,

Paul

These two messages came into the Coronavirus Response inbox this evening.

I want to thank Gilead for allowing the compassionate use of Remdesivir to recently treat my son suffering from covid19. He is 28 with no underlying health conditions and no recent travel. We brought him home from hospital on Friday, after being there 13 days. The first 6 were on a ventilator. He received 6 or 7 doses of Remdesivir and shortly after arriving home he got a call from one of the doctors to say his latest test shows negative for covid19. He is still recovering from the pneumonia. He started to feel better the next day, after his first dose. We understand that also occurred in patient zero up in Everett.

We have not only been praying for the health and recovery of my son, but also for the success of your drug that it may soon be available to help many others fighting this virus. Thank you so much!

I am an 11-year survivor of AIDS (had less than 85 t-cell count) never got tested, didn't do anything in my lifestyle that would elude me and my doctor's to suspect HIV. It was the great work from the men and women of your company that has made it possible for me and millions others to be alive. I am a US Marine and a veteran policeman of 27 years and I can say my heart beats because of you.

Keep doing what you do and God bless your hands as you address COVID19.

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
Tech and Life Science companies need to borrow money. As a collateral examiner, this is when my job gets busy and more critical.

it’s better performed on-site, but fully capable remote. Easier to see things and reactions to questions in person than remote. Travel restricted though.

4Waters

Reaction score
Our call volume is down tremendously.

Call volume is down? So now you are an overpaid firemen😁 as per your earlier post LOL. J/K you guys be safe, wear those PPE.

Duck'ed_Up

Reaction score
Yea I got called in for going over 14 hours yesterday. I said I’m old school you put the shit in the truck I’m gonna ride that bitch all night.

Lmfao!

oldschool

Reaction score
We produce food, citrus, so I am obligated to continue working. Which I will when I get back home from Parker.

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Tech and Life Science companies need to borrow money. As a collateral examiner, this is when my job gets busy and more critical.

it’s better performed on-site, but fully capable remote. Easier to see things and reactions to questions in person than remote. Travel restricted though.

Where are you from? Might know each other.