WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

F**K RTIC Coolers!

PlanB

Reaction score
My problem with Yeti is they dropped there endorsement for the NRA so they are dead to me also. I know I’m an opinionated old fuck and a proud American so I try to by all American when I can and also from companies that have my same interest in mind when possible. Yah it makes shopping a bitch! Lol!

Yeah, I bought it before they did that. I would not buy another one because of their 2A stance, but the thing works very well and is well built. The main reason we bought it was the color. It looks like it was built for our boat. Matches the interior perfectly.

rivergames

Reaction score
By Far, My Yeti is the best cooler that I have ever had 👍

rivergames

Reaction score
Just wanted to say again FUCK RTIC!!!!!

I was given this cooler years back as a gift. Used it a few times at the river. I typically use my AO.

Well, I grabbed it to use it right now and the fucking zipper wont open more than half way and the top is falling apart and will not seal.

FUCK RTIC!!!!!!!!

329236264_749104666831097_6900051848334037627_n.jpg

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score

I was given this cooler years back as a gift. Used it a few times at the river. I typically use my AO.

Well, I grabbed it to use it right now and the fucking zipper wont open more than half way and the top is falling apart and will not seal.

FUCK RTIC!!!!!!!!

View attachment 1202952

Don’t bring that junk over here Andew!

LazyLavey

Reaction score
I resealed the skirt of the lid to the lid with 5200, as suggested by the chick at RTIC.

I'll be damed if I'm gonna give up and throw this thing away

Been a bit over a week and the 5200 is Still a little tacky

terrible customer loyalty service.. Surprised they are still in business

IMG_0988.JPG

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Customer Service (in any market) seems to be a dying concept.
It REALLY sucks when it’s on a high end item.
Like many on here, I try to buy Made in USA (or at least from a company BASED in the US) as much as possible. When those companies let me down it’s REALLY frustrating.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
I use my Freebies from Uline...lol

Gonefishin5555

Reaction score
Yeah fuck those guys my bag zipper broke right away but I didn't call them or verify the warranty cause I thought I had a year but it was not the case.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
A good education on RITC no doubt. Bummer this happened but even worse is the crap customer service.

I own one of their soft coolers and several coffee and drink items but based on this thread I wont bother with them any longer.

BTW my soft cooler zipper is an absolute bitch to pull so we dont use it much. Always gravitate to my tried and true AO coolers which dont sustain Ice longer than a couple hrs but could care less.

JJ McClure

Reaction score

FUCK RTIC!!!!!!!!

View attachment 1202952
What a relief… it wasn’t a bot that drug up an old thread. 🤣

sml

Reaction score
A good education on RITC no doubt. Bummer this happened but even worse is the crap customer service.

I own one of their soft coolers and several coffee and drink items but based on this thread I wont bother with them any longer.

BTW my soft cooler zipper is an absolute bitch to pull so we dont use it much. Always gravitate to my tried and true AO coolers which dont sustain Ice longer than a couple hrs but could care less.
I had the same problem with my soft rtic cooler, the zipper pull broke and took the tab with it. They sent me a new cooler. And also told me moving forward that the little white tube they send with every cooler is zipper lubricant and to use it….i now do and it opens extremely easy

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
Another company local to Arizona is Canyon Coolers. APS puts them on every truck they own and they get the piss beat out of them.

Rugged Road is a cooler i would consider as well. They are light weight and float level lid side up in the water and hold the cold equally as well as the top name brand coolers.

Englewood

Reaction score
You guys should really check out Cold Bastard Coolers. I have 2 for the back of the boat and they work amazing...Built by a Baja Racer.

Attachments

• rdp-regatta-2022-tom-leigh-2646-(ZF-9791-74934-1-001).jpg
    rdp-regatta-2022-tom-leigh-2646-(ZF-9791-74934-1-001).jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 29