WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2020 Stock Market Crystal Ball

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
ok RDP...

once the dust settles after the SHTF saga....

where's your BEST BET for a stock rebound??

i'm thinking Big Pharma has the most upside.... once they release (generate) the vaccine for the CV-19...

????

stay SAFE everyone!!!!!!

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Oil will shoot up again, it always does. May take a bit as Trump filled the Moho, car, boat, truck, and the Titan transfer tank :D

Airlines will flat tank and go up

Car mfg's will take a beating and then go up

Id buy stock in Teague magic dust if it had an IPO

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Someone suggested GUSH about a week ago, it’s totally collapsed.

I’ve been watching it and thinking of going big soon.

Was $40 6 months ago and is now $.39.

TCHB

Reaction score
ok RDP...

i'm thinking Big Pharma has the most upside.... once they release (generate) the vaccine for the CV-19...

????

stay SAFE everyone!!!!!!
My best estimate is 85% of the peak. I stepped back in and Amazon is my friend.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
GUSH? Holy hell how did they drop so far? Oil Prices are low... but not that low... ???

2Driver

Reaction score
Ive bought high yield solid balance sheet companies this week. I know they will go up and down a bit. I dont need the money and in the meantime they kick off 5-7% dividend. In a year or 2 they will deliver gain on top of the dividend and I may cash out or ride the yield.

It takes pain to buy in these times but if you are very careful what you buy, it is an opportunity. Its still estimated gambling at the end of the day so be careful.

Xring01

Reaction score
Tech will rebound pretty fast Due to online schools, training, webinars, security etc.
Pharma - company that develops the drug to solve The coronavirus
Gun Stocks... Alot of libtards will come to there senses over this...
What sectors do you guys thing will rebound?

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
I hate to say it, unless they shut the market down, which I was against up until the last couple days, the market will only go down until we get good news on the virus. Like case amounts dropping, which could be a month or two easily. Basically abandon ship.

caribbean20

Reaction score
Ive bought high yield solid balance sheet companies this week. I know they will go up and down a bit. I dont need the money and in the meantime they kick off 5-7% dividend. In a year or 2 they will deliver gain on top of the dividend and I may cash out or ride the yield.

It takes pain to buy in these times but if you are very careful what you buy, it is an opportunity. Its still estimated gambling at the end of the day so be careful.
I think dividends are going to get whacked, at least in the short term. P/E and dividend yield are a big unknowns in these unprecedented times. Revenue for many companies will plummet. We need to focus on 2nd half 2020 and 2021 now. Our last buy was HD and we took a lead pipe upside the head on that one, at least in the short term. What names are you looking at?

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
Now that we’re sub 20. Pump every dollar you can into sustainable tech and clothing.

Apple, Google, Microsoft, Facebook, Nike, Under Armor and etc.

They may dip but they’ll be back and now that we know the market can do 30 we know the market is capable of 40. If you can buy in while we’re at 20, you’ll be sitting fat at 30 and laughing at everyone who didn’t buy in when it reaches 40.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2Driver

Reaction score
I think dividends are going to get whacked, at least in the short term. P/E and dividend yield are a big unknowns in these unprecedented times. Revenue for many companies will plummet. We need to focus on 2nd half 2020 and 2021 now. Our last buy was HD and we took a lead pipe upside the head on that one, at least in the short term. What names are you looking at?

I agree. if you want good dividend income and you are willing to wait out the the downs, solid companies that can weather the storm are worth the risk.
Dont follow my lead, but I put long money in these stocks. I plan to collect the 4-7% income and sit back and wait for the ROI. Some are beat up but you need to sit back and collect the dividend and relax

ATT
VZ
CVX
JPM
Stonebridge preferred fund

prorider

Reaction score
What if it goes to 10 or less. We have real problems in this country. This virus is just the catalyst.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Now that we’re sub 20. Pump every dollar you can into sustainable tech and clothing.

Apple, Google, Microsoft, Facebook, Nike, Under Armor and etc.

They may dip but they’ll be back and now that we know the market can do 30 we know the market is capable of 40. If you can buy in while we’re at 20, you’ll be sitting fat at 30 and laughing at everyone who didn’t buy in when it reaches 40.

Agreed, Boozer

nameisbond

Reaction score
The financial shit storm has just begun. After the crash of 1929, many bought the dip. By 1933 the stock market lost 90% of its value. Took until 1954 for those that bought the 1929 dip to recover. Its a main reason term limits got imposed on the president.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score

Very well put. Most important thing in here is opportunity. Thats how I view it.

jetur

Reaction score
No way to time the bottom. But it can't drop that hard without a bounce at some point.

Since it is gambling, I doubled down on a shity market and low oil prices. I bought oil.

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
when the market dumped 2008??? it took everything not to bail and go into gold.. as most of my friends who dont know shit (just like me).... we rode it out.... then Buffett came on the Tube and SAID BUY, BUY, BUY, BUY.... (my dick turtled) I could not add anymore (plus my Honey had my balls and said NFW)
well me and my Honey still together after 45 years....
we will be going in when Buffet comes back on the TV..... and say BUY, BUY, BUY

ps.... my current stocks lost 25% value.... BUT did not lose their shares....

I'd retire NOW... but Havasu/Parker just closed their borders after reading some threads on here....LOL

this CV is affecting EVERYONE!!!

Be safe out there!!

ps...someone is trying to steal my debit card password as I'm typing this up... NO SHIT!!! F.ERS!!

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
met with our PFA last night via online chat or WTF it is.....LOL

I'll admit, we give him our $$$$$ and I have no Idea WTF he does..... we just know were down 25%.... I was hoping for GREAT news, with him telling me... go buy a Trailer Trailer and join Tom on his trip..... well that didn't happen ..LOL

so anyhow.... I'm thinking he's collecting my $$$$$ and sitting on his ass like our last PFA (who never made any movement).... well our Guy, is working his ass off and moving our shit all over... he pulled out about 25% and placed in cash while the SHTF (while were sitting in our Jacuzzi searching for Alien space ships in the sky.. or at least I am..LOL)

he goes to mention the markets are getting low and very soon, it will be a GREAT time to get back in... move our cash back into stocks etc... and mentions its a great time to add any $$$$$..... so we advanced our IRA 2020 contribution early to him to MAKE us some more $$$$$

he manages five of our accounts.... (both IRA's and Roth IRA's and Trust fund)

were on a 5 year retirement plan (hoping to get the call earlier than that)... he did mentioned if we want to leave Cali... then we can dif.............. LOL

PS... he's in Corona (without the virus) and is a Dave Ramsey's ELP disciple...

zhandfull

Reaction score
Since the bear market started I have actually been moving some money from a money market to stock index fund in my deferred retirement account that tracks the S&P 500. The money market was rock solid no loss at all Lol... but no gains either hardly. I'm already taking a hit with the stock trades that I have been doing in phases as the market goes down the last couple weeks but I will keep adding to my position as the market continues down. If I take a big enough hit and this down market continues I'm going to roll the money into a Roth while it's down and pay the taxes now rather than later.

Disclaimer: I'm just winging it, Be very careful about following my plan,, I'm not financial planner and not dealing with life changing amounts of money here. Yet!

Last edited:

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
I sold all my equities and am going to be sitting out a while. I am down 16%. I can’t just sit and watch shit hit the fan come earnings time.

I’m still contributing 12% to RTN stock and BA seems like a deal now under 100. But they may cut their 6% dividend.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Center consoles.. In 8 years they will be worth double.
MBGA !!

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
They’ve changed that after market closed today and announced liquidating 8 out of 10 of their funds.
Ouch! Don’t personally own any but I have some others I’m a little worried about. LOL:oops:

81Sprint

Reaction score
I am buying MGM, dipped all the way down to 6.60, they will come back. When they were talking bankruptcy during citycenter days it went under a buck and i didnt buy and have kicked myself in the ass every since

HavaToon

Reaction score
Bayer AG or BAYRY

They are the only current manufacturer of chloroquine.

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
Buy Kratom

bentprops

Reaction score
Some of you are nuts, when you can buy the dow with 1 oz of GOLD some where around 10k we will be at bottom. if you want something to buy now. id recommend pslv. Its a silver trust. I suspect silver may go to 8. so scale in. metals should recover first than mining stocks. Once they do ill be moving into dividend playsSilver will out preform gold on the upside. Ratio is higher than its ever been. 126 to1 .

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Some of you are nuts, when you can buy the dow with 1 oz of GOLD some where around 10k we will be at bottom. if you want something to buy now. id recommend pslv. Its a silver trust. I suspect silver may go to 8. so scale in. metals should recover first than mining stocks. Once they do ill be moving into dividend playsSilver will out preform gold on the upside. Ratio is higher than its ever been. 126 to1 .

When it hits 10k I’m all in.

yz450mm

Reaction score
When it hits 10k I’m all in.

I started a self guided investment account in 2016 with 500 bucks and zero knowledge of the stock market, and managed to get it up to about 38 K before the bottom fell out a month ago.

I heard once that you only lose money if you sell during the lows, so I have done absolutely nothing to that account in the past month. Is that smart? Probably not, but I definitely didn't see this coming.

I feel that if the market hits 10K, it's going to be Financial Armageddon, and every man for himself. With everybody that has Investments losing two-thirds of their money, I can't even imagine what will happen. At that point going all-in could either make you the next billionaire, or mean nothing because the country has gone full send.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
ok RDP...

????stay SAFE everyone!!!!!!

The market continues to look for a bottom, and the workforce has stopped.

Buffett is not buying anything, and accumulated $25-30B in cash.

Wal-Mart, Amazon, Google, and Costco would be my semi-safe bets, in this jittery market.
I also like Gold as a buy and hold.

Kahunajuice

Reaction score
balls.jpg

Carlson-jet

Reaction score
Kenny Rogers died yesterday. If that isn't a sign. I don't know what is.
The world can't shut down and recover in 3 days.

LAZARUS

Essential Inmate Down
Reaction score
Bail now. We are headed for a Depression not a Recession.

Carlson-jet

Reaction score
Bail now. We are headed for a Depression not a Recession.
Quack Quack.
Get off of here and go start planting your garden so you can at least eat for crying out loud.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
The market continues to look for a bottom, and the workforce has stopped.

Buffett is not buying anything, and accumulated $25-30B in cash.

Wal-Mart, Amazon, Google, and Costco would be my semi-safe bets, in this jittery market.
I also like Gold as a buy and hold.

Correction....buffett has 128b in cash and will be buying plenty. Are they buying now...dont know

84miller

Reaction score

I have no investment in gold or silver. Not against it, and not a argument here. I was told a long time ago not to invest in either, note was looking for a safe haven when told. The reason I was told not to buy is if the economy goes bad, no one will have the money to buy that gold and silver and if you find a buyer it would be pennies on the dollar, plus a commission. That being said, in a good economy, maybe buying and selling would work, but bad times I do not see how it would. But I know very little as it shows about these investments.

Reaction score
Silver is a byproduct of copper mining.
That is why silver is so cheap, compared to gold.
Gold is still up, where silver has followed the market lower.
As far as pennies on the dollar, inflation has eaten away the value of the dollar, where an ounce of gold has out paced the dollar about 75 to 1, over the last 100 years.
$300 for toilet paper? Sanitizers, soap, chocolate, fresh meat, etc...

The next best asset is paid off farming land, followed by a paid off home.

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
FYI

for the sake of this statement..
if you were invested in 20 Major companies for 1,000 shares. Those stocks were worth One Million before the current drop. Now those same shares are worth $500k...

you still have 1,000 shares.........

I hope most people understand this.....

if everyone one those Major Companies are BK.... you pretty much have more problems than money problems.....LOL

Buy LOW!!!

Sell HIGH!!!

Invest more $$$$ at the bottom....

enjoy the ride....