WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Just had a parade thru my neighborhood, cool!

riverroyal

Reaction score
The teachers at the 2 schools by us all did a car parade. All the kids came out to wave. Must have been 100 cars.
Pretty darn cool.
20200325_113554.jpg
20200325_113617.jpg

sintax

Reaction score
hah thats cool, gotta keep them kids busy. I like it!

DWC

Reaction score
My daughter did her first Zoom video conference with her kids yesterday. Kind of entertaining to hear a bunch of kindergarten kids excited to see/talk to their friends.

charlyox

Reaction score
Very cool. And they are keeping their distance.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
Sorry but that is not consider social distancing or staying home. People really need to take what is going on seriously. I run a health care business and employ allot of RN's,LVN's and therapists. Things like this are putting people at risk unnecessarily which also put my staff at risk to be overwhelmed with patients or falling ill themselves which is even worse. They are overworked as it is and people are doing this type of stuff. Stupid!!

73beast

Reaction score
My daughter did her first Zoom video conference with her kids yesterday. Kind of entertaining to hear a bunch of kindergarten kids excited to see/talk to their friends.
Just did our 3yr old granddaughter first preschool Zoom ,what a trip,all the kids have the attention span of a gnat...

Reactions: DWC

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Sorry but that is not consider social distancing or staying home. People really need to take what is going on seriously. I run a health care business and employ allot of RN's,LVN's and therapists. Things like this are putting people at risk unnecessarily which also put my staff at risk to be overwhelmed with patients or falling ill themselves which is even worse. They are overworked as it is and people are doing this type of stuff. Stupid!!

They seem to be much more than 6 feet away. There is a mental health aspect of all this as well that needs to be taken seriously.

How about we stay out of other people's business if they seem to be acting responsibly instead of throwing temper tantrums all over the internet every time someone steps foot outside their front door.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Just did our 3yr old granddaughter first preschool Zoom ,what a trip,all the kids have the attention span of a gnat...

My son did his first recorded session from his preschool teacher. It was hilarious.

DWC

Reaction score
Yeah, it was pretty funny to listen to them. Made me realize that my daughter is a saint. Definitely gets her patience from my wife. Also made me remember why we didn’t have a 4th kid.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
They seem to be much more than 6 feet away. There is a mental health aspect of all this as well that needs to be taken seriously.

How about we stay out of other people's business if they seem to be acting responsibly instead of throwing temper tantrums all over the internet every time someone steps foot outside their front door.

First of all its not a temper tantrum, its fact, top physicians at telling everyone to stay home. This is not staying home. And it is everyone's business if they are putting other people at risk without regard. This is not responsible. Not to mention they are putting there kids at risk. This need to be an effort that everyone partakes in. If you cannot understand that I'm sorry. This is also the reason why some are calling for state and local governments to put a lock down in place, because people are doing stupid stuff like this. I'm trying to look out for everyone and my staff in particular.

riverroyal

Reaction score
The kids holding the sign are all in the same family. The cars have teachers and their families only. For fucks sake people stop with the bullshit here. 99% of us feel great and everyone around here is doing exactly what they should and have been asked to do.
The dooms day people are the biggest problem with this virus. Go hide in your bunkers please.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
The kids holding the sign are all in the same family. The cars have teachers and their families only. For fucks sake people stop with the bullshit here. 99% of us feel great and everyone around here is doing exactly what they should and have been asked to do.
The dooms day people are the biggest problem with this virus. Go hide in your bunkers please.

Because CDC and the local and state physicians are telling everyone to stay home. What don't you get. We are not dooms day people. We are actually taking care of the patients. Its going to get worse with people like you thinking everything is ok. People like you wont take it seriously until its knocking at you door step.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
First of all its not a temper tantrum, its fact, top physicians at telling everyone to stay home. This is not staying home. And it is everyone's business if they are putting other people at risk without regard. This is not responsible. Not to mention they are putting there kids at risk. This need to be an effort that everyone partakes in. If you cannot understand that I'm sorry. This is also the reason why some are calling for state and local governments to put a lock down in place, because people are doing stupid stuff like this. I'm trying to look out for everyone and my staff in particular.

As RR said, please stay in your bunker.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Because CDC and the local and state physicians are telling everyone to stay home. What don't you get. We are not dooms day people. We are actually taking care of the patients. Its going to get worse with people like you thinking everything is ok. People like you wont take it seriously until its knocking at you door step.

He didn't say any of that bunker boy. This parade was a nice gesture to boost morale. There is more risk going to the market and fondling the fruit everyone has touched than standing at the curb and waving to your teacher as they drive by in a car 15 feet away.

riverroyal

Reaction score
I’m home asshole. My entire family is home. Again, the cars have families in them. Nobody is within 15 feet. We can go to stores the atm, gas stations but this is not ok? It’s a damn boat website, take your shit somewhere else.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
I put a feel good thread up and someone shits on it. This place sucks right now

I'm not trying to shit it but its things like this which is going to make things much much worse. We are getting overwhelmed with patients coming out of the hospitals so the hospital can have room for more sick people should the need arise, we are prepping constantly. These are unprecedented times and we need to take unprecedented measures. Sorry but my staff is dealing with this epidemic face to face on a daily basis while most are home complaining about having to stay home.

Sorry just came on RDP for some relief on my lunch and saw this, I stayed away from the COVID-19 section and just saw this. We just had a leadership meeting this am and all six of our locations are scrambling for PPE for our field staff and office staff, stressing to everyone staying at home if you can and social distancing. Its easy to say its not that big of a deal when YOU don't have to deal with it and put yourself or your staff at risk.

DWC

Reaction score
Looks like everyone in the pics are following the guidelines
DBBFB99E-D42B-43E6-A8A9-7D8BEA33D582.jpeg
4ACE8206-00C0-4142-AF76-6E6519062B36.jpeg

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score

Zoom stock must be doing well, all of ASU is using it, watched my kid working on his masters using it, pretty cool functionality

squeezer

Reaction score

I am a 100% "Stay the Fuck home" zealot but do not have any problem with teachers doing this for their kids. My son who is in first grade is REALLY concerned about his teacher. She is pregnant and has been sharing that journey with her class... He knows she has been to the Doctor a lot and is worried that she is still OK. Having the teachers drive the bus routes is the kind of mental connection a lot of the kids need right now.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
I am a 100% "Stay the Fuck home" zealot but do not have any problem with teachers doing this for their kids. My son who is in first grade is REALLY concerned about his teacher. She is pregnant and has been sharing that journey with her class... He knows she has been to the Doctor a lot and is worried that she is still OK. Having the teachers drive the bus routes is the kind of mental connection a lot of the kids need right now.

I totally get that. But everyone has said, we should only go out for essential travel. This is not it.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
I’m home asshole. My entire family is home. Again, the cars have families in them. Nobody is within 15 feet. We can go to stores the atm, gas stations but this is not ok? It’s a damn boat website, take your shit somewhere else.

PM Sent.

DWC

Reaction score
Zoom stock must be doing well, all of ASU is using it, watched my kid working on his masters using it, pretty cool functionality
Nice call. Could have almost doubled your money if someone jumped on it at the start of Feb.
Our company has been reluctant to adopt video conferencing. I’ve been on more Webex calls in the last two weeks than the last 22 years combined. We’ll see some major changes in the way business is done going forward.

0A73D541-0F12-4A0A-A65F-8F605736E407.jpeg

riverroyal

Reaction score
I’m not checking my pm, im over it. I have over 100 employees I’m concerned about. So I’m living it hourly just like you. Also my family here at home.
Thought I put up a pretty good thread to show positive teachers and kids. Guess I should’ve known, this place is over the top negative. I’m sure I’m guilty of it as well.
Maybe I should go paddle out with the other 100 guys I saw surfing today. Or the group of mountain bikers I saw heading out. At least they don’t spin my attitude from good to bad.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
They are putting themselves at risk, so tell me how they are putting EVERYONE at risk? If you dont like it stay the fuk inside and quit worrying about everyone else.

On a side note good to see this as to keep everyone's moral up and in good spirits.

This is a FREE COUNTRY after all.. well maybe...

Thanks for the thread @riverroyal good to see not everyone has lost their minds

Brobee

Reaction score
I think this is awesome. There’s no exposure between anyone involved and the kids get to see their teachers. I know my boys are starting to get a little cabin fever and are missing their friends and teachers and I think they would love to have this run through our neighborhood.
Good post and thank you for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
I totally get that. But everyone has said, we should only go out for essential travel. This is not it.

I'm lost at how this could spread anything.

Cars: People get in the car at their house, only people from that household in the car, drive around, they return home, go back into their homes.

People on the grass: Walk out of their house, sit on grass at least 30-50 feet from any other neighbors, wave at teachers, walk back into house.

I'm no doctor but I can't really see how this is any different from going for a walk in your neighborhood. Hell, this is safer.

In addition, some of these strict "stay inside your home" people better learn to relax if this last much longer than April. Mental illness will end up killing more than the virus.

Singleton

Reaction score
Our teachers and kids are using flip gride to record videos and post them
cool thing to see all the kids saying hi, etc to eachother and the teachers

Last edited:

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Right now even FOX NEWS needs get their on air people calmed down . We on mute waiting on WH NC.Thanks for the thread RR.👍

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score
We’ll see some major changes in the way business is done going forward.

There were a lot of changes after 9/11 as well. They lasted about six months to a year then it was back to business as usual.

Motor Boater

Reaction score

im just curious how it’s possible to spread the disease by driving around in your own car? Sounds like you’re in the medical industry. They aren’t stopping or getting out, just driving through neighborhoods honking and waving. We have been taking our kids on walks, bike rides etc. I took the family out in the desert and did some 4 wheeling on Sunday. Not trying to be argumentative just completely don’t understand how this puts anyone at risk?

DB / HAV

Reaction score
Nice thread RR!! Keep the good stuff going, everyone needs some good ideas on how to social distance while trying to keep a bit of normalcy. A friend shared that there are more people walking the neighborhood (keeping their distance) and the peeps are starting to write in chalk some cool messages on the sidewalks to encourage those that might be struggling - pretty cool in my book.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
im just curious how it’s possible to spread the disease by driving around in your own car? Sounds like you’re in the medical industry. They aren’t stopping or getting out, just driving through neighborhoods honking and waving. We have been taking our kids on walks, bike rides etc. I took the family out in the desert and did some 4 wheeling on Sunday. Not trying to be argumentative just completely don’t understand how this puts anyone at risk?

The problem is that allot of people may have the virus and do not know it. They are asymptomatic. Especially in the younger generation. You may not have any symptoms at all. The virus can last up to three days on plastic and stainless steel and up to 24 hours on cardboard. That's along time.

So if someone in the car has the virus and doesn't know it which allot of health care organizations feel is the case but there are not enough tests to confirm, and they touch say the door handle and or interior of the car, then Mom, Dad or whoever takes the car to the to grocery store to shop or restaurant to pick up food and touch the same surface as who was infected and then touches a stainless steel counter or plastic object in the store or wherever they go that virus can now live on that surface for three days. That's a long time. That's why we are treating this virus so seriously. If very resilient and spreads very quickly.

Although it has not been proven to be airborne there are concerns about it becoming air born. Droplets can last in the air for only about 30 min due to a cough or sneeze. So you could get infected that way also. That's the reason when you go get tested they are asking you not to roll your window down during the questioning until they are ready to test you. They are concerned it could mutate and become air born. If that happen things are going to get allot worse real fast.

Sorry I don't mean to bring the thread down or act like an asshole as riverroyal stated, I just think people need to be informed and take what is going on seriously. Until the majority of people realize it, things are going to take allot longer to get better. Also the major age demographic on this site seems to be an older generation so they should take this even more serious. Sorry but I actually do care about people even if they do call me an asshole. If it takes me being an asshole and bringing down one thread to save one life it was worth it.

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
The problem is that allot of people may have the virus and do not know it. They are asymptomatic. Especially in the younger generation. You may not have any symptoms at all. The virus can last up to three days on plastic and stainless steel and up to 24 hours on cardboard. That's along time.

So if someone in the car has the virus and doesn't know it which allot of health care organizations feel is the case but there are not enough tests to confirm, and they touch say the door handle and or interior of the car, then Mom, Dad or whoever takes the car to the to grocery store to shop or restaurant to pick up food and touch the same surface as who was infected and then touches a stainless steel counter or plastic object in the store or wherever they go that virus can now live on that surface for three days. That's a long time. That's why we are treating this virus so seriously. If very resilient and spreads very quickly.

Although it has not been proven to be airborne there are concerns about it becoming air born. Droplets can last in the air for only about 30 min due to a cough or sneeze. So you could get infected that way also. That's the reason when you go get tested they are asking you not to roll your window down during the questioning until they are ready to test you. They are concerned it could mutate and become air born. If that happen things are going to get allot worse real fast.

Sorry I don't mean to bring the thread down or act like an asshole as riverroyal stated, I just think people need to be informed and take what is going on seriously. Until the majority of people realize it, things are going to take allot longer to get better. Also the major age demographic on this site seems to be an older generation so they should take this even more serious. Sorry but I actually do care about people even if they do call me an asshole. If it takes me being an asshole and bringing down one thread to save one life it was worth it.

You still failed to explain how getting in the car is different from Mom or Dad bringing it to the grocery store or restaurant in the car from the household.

If it's in the house... it's going to the grocery store or restaurant on Mom or Dad. Also, it was teachers driving around, I believe?

I understand your concern but it seems misdirected when you come down on a parade that has some major barriers to transmission of this virus.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
You still failed to explain how getting in the car is different from Mom or Dad bringing it to the grocery store or restaurant in the car from the household.

If it's in the house... it's going to the grocery store or restaurant on Mom or Dad. Also, it was teachers driving around, I believe?

I understand your concern but it seems misdirected when you come down on a parade that has some major barriers to transmission of this virus.

Your right it is no different but that's why we are trying to eliminate as much outside exposure as possible. And things like this although may boost moral are just not responsible. A major concern is it's already airborne. We do not have enough resources to confirm it is, but it is highly suspected, just look at how the hospitals and medical professional are treating the patients who might have it. Basically haz mat gear, just like River Dave said when they were treating his nephew but nobody questions River Dave about it, That should be enough proof there. There is a reason why all the medical professionals are telling everyone to stay home.

We could go back and forth for days about it, people are going to do what they do and the health care workers are going to have to clean up the mess. I'm just concerned for my staff. If they get sick and or overwhelmed with patients there will be no one to treat our current patients and the ones coming out of the SNF's and Hospitals.

Motor Boater

Reaction score

I understand all that but It still doesn’t answer the question. If I have been in the house for a week with my kids and one of us have it..... we all have it. So all of us that have it driving around in our already infected car doesn’t spread the virus. Families aren’t locked in different parts of the house eating separate meals and using separate bathrooms with no interaction. If someone in your house has it, so does everyone else and that’s why you don’t go to your neighbors house because you could spread it or have people over because someone could bring it in your house. But driving around already infected or not infected doesn’t spread the disease. Again they aren’t stopping and hugging friends just driving by.

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
I’m not checking my pm, im over it. I have over 100 employees I’m concerned about. So I’m living it hourly just like you. Also my family here at home.
Thought I put up a pretty good thread to show positive teachers and kids. Guess I should’ve known, this place is over the top negative. I’m sure I’m guilty of it as well.
Maybe I should go paddle out with the other 100 guys I saw surfing today. Or the group of mountain bikers I saw heading out. At least they don’t spin my attitude from good to bad.

Does the salt water disinfect your hands and such? You might be on to something there.

Dan'l

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
I understand all that but It still doesn’t answer the question. If I have been in the house for a week with my kids and one of us have it..... we all have it. So all of us that have it driving around in our already infected car doesn’t spread the virus. Families aren’t locked in different parts of the house eating separate meals and using separate bathrooms with no interaction. If someone in your house has it, so does everyone else and that’s why you don’t go to your neighbors house because you could spread it or have people over because someone could bring it in your house. But driving around already infected or not infected doesn’t spread the disease. Again they aren’t stopping and hugging friends just driving by.

Exactly, everyone has said, act as though you have the virus and don't know it. That being said do you think going out into the community driving around town while being infected with COVID-19 is responsible or safe? If you do, we are just going to have to agree to disagree. Would you want someone with COVID-19 driving around your community where you live?

riverroyal

Reaction score
Asshole may have been a over reaction on my part. Sorry. I see 90% of construction still going in my world. I see framers right now from my driveway. Too me driving around honking horns for kids and teachers is awesome. Door handles maybe, lumber touched maybe.
This wasn’t meant to be a thread topic to debate what’s right, wrong, we’re all gonna die, it’s a free country or whatever. But somehow on RDP is gets spun.....I should know better after all these years.
Stop replies everyone.
Let this thread die. If not what I intended at this point
Thanks

riverroyal

Reaction score
One last thing, Amazon is here. He dropped a box off. Probably 5 humans have touched this box in 3 days.
Light it on fire?

I’m out.....