WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Like it or not, I’m in Havasu

CobraDave

Reaction score
First trip of the year and glad to be out here. The truck got its first road trip experience with the kids.

IMG_5647.jpg

IMG_7910.jpg

My first diesel and I thought it was pretty cool whether it be flat ground or up a hill, this thing just chugs at 1800 RPMs. Very comfortable truck and I couldn’t be happier with the adaptive cruise. That feature is great.

IMG_7913.jpg

I got Waze running to keep [mention]FlyByWire [/mention]‘s boys off my tail. Tell them to stand down!!!

IMG_7912.jpg

I just picked up the Gator Step kit for the boat and will be installing it while I’m here. Here is a before pic.
IMG_7915.jpg

For the trip out here and cruise control at 74 mph, truck gets a decent gas mileage.
IMG_7914.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Riverryder

Reaction score
You leave it outside in the havi sun?
I have a couple family members I can keep my boat at. Just have always been scared of leaving the boat outside with how hot it gets in the summer.

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
I have my Gatorstep laying on living room floor.... since December... shitty weather/work/vacations/shitty weather and watching grandkids.... this coming weekend looking good...

CobraDave

Reaction score
You leave it outside in the havi sun?
I have a couple family members I can keep my boat at. Just have always been scared of leaving the boat outside with how hot it gets in the summer.

No it’s in a garage but I rented a house because snowbirds are in it. It’s outside just for a couple days and I have a cover. Excited about this Gatorstep. I only did a couple pieces but it is pretty easy to put on and looks great.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
First trip of the year and glad to be out here. The truck got its first road trip experience with the kids.

View attachment 859059

View attachment 859060

My first diesel and I thought it was pretty cool whether it be flat ground or up a hill, this thing just chugs at 1800 RPMs. Very comfortable truck and I couldn’t be happier with the adaptive cruise. That feature is great.

View attachment 859061

I got Waze running to keep [mention]FlyByWire [/mention]‘s boys off my tail. Tell them to stand down!!!

View attachment 859062

I just picked up the Gator Step kit for the boat and will be installing it while I’m here. Here is a before pic.
View attachment 859063

For the trip out here and cruise control at 74 mph, truck gets a decent gas mileage.
View attachment 859064

Pic #2 says you were going 73.🙂
How ya liking the Dodge? I've never considered one but they have made some nice changes more recently.

Riverryder

Reaction score
Pic #2 says you were going 73.[emoji846]
How ya liking the Dodge? I've never considered one but they have made some nice changes more recently.

It’s a ram not a dodge...

Reactions: E4L

CobraDave

Reaction score
Pic #2 says you were going 73.[emoji846]

I really like it. The front end styling is just ok to me but I like the traditional Ram truck look of the rest of it. It doesn’t scream that they are trying too hard.

The interior in the Laramie is great. I really like all of the finishes and details they did. I have a bench up front which I need but there some lack of thought of where one might put there phone. Or why the cup holder in the door is so small or why on earth do I need two different places to store coins.

But it drives and shifts really smooth. The ride is Plenty plush. The Megacab is a must have and the kids love the seats recline. And the best part is not one rattle and very quiet.

E4L

Reaction score
I really like it. The front end styling is just ok to me but I like the traditional Ram truck look of the rest of it. It doesn’t scream that they are trying too hard.

The interior in the Laramie is great. I really like all of the finishes and details they did. I have a bench up front which I need but there some lack of thought of where one might put there phone. Or why the cup holder in the door is so small or why on earth do I need two different places to store coins.

But it drives and shifts really smooth. The ride is Plenty plush. The Megacab is a must have and the kids love the seats recline. And the best part is not one rattle and very quiet.

I got the same truck but a 17. Did you get the factory air ride in the rear? I put the Thuren 2” coils up front and king shocks by Thuren on it and mine rides like a Cadillac.

CobraDave

Reaction score
I got the same truck but a 17. Did you get the factory air ride in the rear? I put the Thuren 2” coils up front and king shocks by Thuren on it and mine rides like a Cadillac.

No air suspension. I love the look of the leveled trucks with wheels and tires but this go around I’m keeping it stock. The plan is to get a Retrax bed cover, a flip down TV with a gaming console inside, and clear bra/ ceramic tint. I think that’s all I would do to it.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
The Gator step looks great in it.

The dash on the new Dodges is really nice. The screen is three times the size of the one my Ford.

HCP3

Reaction score
ALAN is going to be PISSED.

Nice truck! You are going to be more than impressed with the Cummins. Especially towing, and as a bonus, MPG. How do you like Apple Car Play?

FishSniper

Reaction score
ALAN is going to be PISSED.

Nice truck! You are going to be more than impressed with the Cummins. Especially towing, and as a bonus, MPG. How do you like Apple Car Play?
Shocked he hasn’t been in here shouting yet. However the last few days he has been more pissed at the local spots being open and crowded then CA ppl coming into town.

CobraDave

Reaction score
Car play is ok. I haven’t messed with it too much but I still find I have to handle my phone. It’s nice that if I start navigation on my phone it will jump to the screen as soon as I plug it in.

CobraDave

Reaction score
Well I will speak up for Alan. Don't you guys get it? You are supposed to be on lock down, State mandate. Got to love your don't give a shit attitude, NOT.

nice truck BTW

I understand that opinion. Let me tell what I’ve done so far. Gassed up at home. We drove here with a cooler full of what we need. I stopped to piss at a rest stop and went through the In and Out drive through. Got to the house and picked up my gator ate kit. I’ve been at the house with my family drinking in the garage. I’m not partying at the bars, restaurants. ...( we brought meals to make. )

I’m gonna go though Windsor and just wave to the booth person because I have a pass. Then I will probably sit at Three Dunes all by ourselves and listen to some tunes and have a Miller Lite.

oldschool

Reaction score
Well I will speak up for Alan. Don't you guys get it? You are supposed to be on lock down, State mandate. Got to love your don't give a shit attitude, NOT.

nice truck BTW
What’s the difference where you bunker down?

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Shocked he hasn’t been in here shouting yet. However the last few days he has been more pissed at the local spots being open and crowded then CA ppl coming into town.

He’s out driving around looking for people out of their houses to rant about today. That’s why he’s not here yet. :)

For the record, I like ALAN. He can dish it out and take it.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I understand that opinion. Let me tell what I’ve done so far. Gassed up at home. We drove here with a cooler full of what we need. I stopped to piss at a rest stop and went through the In and Out drive through. Got to the house and picked up my gator ate kit. I’ve been at the house with my family drinking in the garage. I’m not partying at the bars, restaurants. ...( we brought meals to make. )

I’m gonna go though Windsor and just wave to the booth person because I have a pass. Then I will probably sit at Three Dunes all by ourselves and listen to some tunes and have a Miller Lite.

Sorry dude, I’m already virtually saving the entire 3 dunes beach for myself.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

Well, it’s a little more than an “opinion”.

My girlfriend is on a doctor ordered 2 week home quarantine, she just started a new job and caught a cold last week. She seemed over it, but instead of a release from the doctor he slapped her with the quarantine as a precaution. Her new job is up in the air now.
I haven’t been able to rotate into any day’s at work for almost 8 weeks now. (I live in Havasu, but work all over the Country) because clients are not allowing crew changes on the rigs due to virus precautions. If I travel interstate and bring that back here I’m extending hardship for myself and others.
I want this to end and end sooner rather than later. It doesn’t matter what our “opinions” are, the reality is that this IS what’s happening, and the sooner we shut it down, the sooner it goes away.
FWIW, I disregarded it as well a month ago, today this shutdown has my full attention.
Financially, I can outlast this with a little bleeding. But it certainly erases my plans for this year as far as home purchasing and stuff.
Please consider that this is effecting a lot of people for real.
Side note, I’ve owned 2 Cummins.
I wouldn’t even consider a Ford or Chevy Diesel for several reasons. That mileage being near the top of that list. No Cummins I’ve had has ever “rattled” apart or anything like that. They are cheaper, stronger, and more efficient than the others.
For me that’s enough.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
You have my dream truck. I have to make do with my Tradesmen gasser...

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
There are plenty of threads to discuss COVID-19. I’d like this to not be one of them.

I wish I’d never heard of it.

“Like it or not”...well... you might as well have just said “fuck all of you being affected by Covid-19 and in quarantine”.

You do realize that you posted this the same day that the first cases in Mohave County were confirmed?

Last edited:

Tank

Reaction score
Good to see you out on the lake with the family and being responsible regarding circumstances. Seems you planned well and were thoughtful in your execution. Common sense is a beautiful thing when seen in practice 👍

Heylam

Reaction score
Maybe you should stay there and open a bar.

cb5505

Reaction score
enjoy Your time on the lake. sounds like you will be keeping your distance and having fun. Best of both worlds in my opinion

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
I can’t believe it takes a 2500 Dodge diesel to pull that boat. My little Eco Boost Ford had no trouble with it. [emoji23]

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
So @CobraDave based on the name is your boat a Cobra? Or is it like me, haven’t owned a Howard in 12 years 😳!
Only reason i ask is it looks identical minus color to the Shockwave that ShockwaveDave, i mean Flybywire posted.

HCP3

Reaction score
I can’t believe it takes a 2500 Dodge diesel to pull that boat. My little Eco Boost Ford had no trouble with it. [emoji23]

We all know the 1/2 ton EcoBoost is the holy grail.

ALAN F

Reaction score
Good to see you out on the lake with the family and being responsible regarding circumstances. Seems you planned well and were thoughtful in your execution. Common sense is a beautiful thing when seen in practice 👍

Common sense is doing what your state says to do, and there has been a no travel for awhile thats not mandatory, show us the common sense in traveling from a hugely populated area to a small town with limited everything so you guys can come have a fun few days!!!!r u serious???

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
You all are putting peopl

Is that the same Eco Boost the drivetrain fell out of? 😁

CLdrinker

Reaction score
You guys are fucking hilarious! All of you bitching still go to the grocery store with thousands of other people who can be infected but you want to bitch at this guy? Get a fucking grip. You don’t think the truck drivers delivering good to your city didn’t come from LA? You think the cardboard box that got delivered from Amazon wasn’t in a warehouse with thousands of people who can be infected then it went to the post office and was touched by who knows what?

There are many ways for you to get infected besides what this guy is doing.

Bunch of toilet paper hoarding cry babies.

CobraDave

Reaction score
You are correct I own a Shockwave not the Cobra now. Can’t change my screen name and don’t care enough to contact whomever has the power to do so.

CobraDave with a Shockwave

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
You are correct I own a Shockwave not the Cobra now. Can’t change my screen name and don’t care enough to contact whomever has the power to do so.

CobraDave with a Shockwave

Heading out tomorrow for 10 days. Maybe we can get the little decks together for a hangout........6 feet apart of course....:p:p