WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Havasu lock down?

guest hs

Reaction score
Are Havasu business’s supposed to be closed down like the non essential ones in Vegas?

JayBreww

Reaction score
River Dave’s Place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DWC

Advantage 1

Reaction score
I would REALLY like to get out to Parker to at least check on the boat, but do not see that happening anytime soon.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Are Havasu business’s supposed to be closed down like the non essential ones in Vegas?

no, there is no stay at home order in place like CA, restaurants and bars are all closed except for take out, everything else is open. Other than bars and restaurants it’s pretty much business as usual.

jones performance

Reaction score
heard really the only businesses that are closed are hair and nail places. several other businesses in town have locked their doors to the public to eliminate face to face stuff.

guest hs

Reaction score
I’m supposed to open my new shop April 1 just wondering if I should push it back?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
What are the pros and cons of opening vs not? Does the overhead cost change at all?

Seems to me like you'd be money ahead opening sooner than later, but that is just my 02.

I can say some of the service shops (particularly newer ones) are really struggling right now.

RD

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score

I doubt anything will change, using the term "urges" people to stay home isnt going to change any behaviors this weekend when its 90 degrees. A shit ton of people from outside of Havasu are heading this way for the weekend based on what Im seeing on social media. Windsor launch ramp lot was full this weekend both days. The only way to impact a significant change here would be to close the ramps. California resorted to that, beaches, parks, ramps, etc., after the 'urges" order from the governor was largely ignored.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Just saw that right now.

Pretty wild times.. I read the actual mandate, and fortunately in section 2 - D&E it says pretty specifically that I (sole proprietor) can go boating if I want. So that's nice. Not that it matters because the cops aren't allowed to ask for any proof of doing biz anyways..

To agree with Walt, I don't think anything will change around here over this.

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
River Dave’s Place.

Our office has been closed to the public since this thing started. Amber brought in In N Out the other day, and that was the point I grabbed my big computer and brought it home.. LOL. That's her office now until this thing is over. :D

RD

mbrown2

Reaction score
If I were a betting man and those ramp parking lots are full this weekend they will shutdown the ramps by weekend's end or Monday. The social media firestorm will be interesting to say the least. Living in a beach town that was on the front page of CNN's portal due to beach overcrowding; you see power of social media getting politicians to go places they have never been.

Last edited:

Timmmmmy

Reaction score
A7D9309F-11DD-4BA5-BB32-DC42E43A5AA3.png

PlanB

Reaction score
Expect more of this. Everything that has been happening in SoCal (closure of a lot of parks, beaches ect...) is coming to Arizona.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I doubt anything will change, using the term "urges" people to stay home isnt going to change any behaviors this weekend when its 90 degrees. A shit ton of people from outside of Havasu are heading this way for the weekend based on what Im seeing on social media. Windsor launch ramp lot was full this weekend both days. The only way to impact a significant change here would be to close the ramps. California resorted to that, beaches, parks, ramps, etc., after the 'urges" order from the governor was largely ignored.

$5 says they shut the lake down after this weekend, ramps and all.
The CA peeps can’t do what they want in CA, so they are going to come here and do it.
So closures will follow is my bet.

Good Stuff

Reaction score
Thanks Alan. Now all the DCB owners need to actually drive their boats in lieu of floating from the ramp into the channel.

#Alanhatestourists

Wonder how many people will get stuck trying to get to the sandbar with the water levels down.

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
I would open up and market the shit out of your new shop flyers local markets first place people go and gas stations

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Our office has been closed to the public since this thing started. Amber brought in In N Out the other day, and that was the point I grabbed my big computer and brought it home.. LOL. That's her office now until this thing is over. :D

RD
So no Wed. State of the Union speech this week from your office. :eek:

EPL

Reaction score
The CA peeps can’t do what they want in CA, so they are going to come here and do it.

You guys need to get in control , it's "NOT" all California people out there on the lake !! Some of you need to look in the mirror !!

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
You guys need to get in control , it's "NOT" all California people out there on the lake !! Some of you need to look in the mirror !!

I get that. But the weekends are in fact a different story.

I’ve noticed something, I’m seeing a LOT of posters who almost never post doing a lot of the posting lately.
Can you guess what they have in common?

DWC

Reaction score
I’ll take the $5bet. (Wouldn’t bet much more than that). There will be launch ramps open to get on the lake. Too many ramps between Needles and Havasu Springs run by too many entities.

welldigger00

Reaction score
I love the fuck the Californians guys! It’s like how ex cigarette smokers are the worst about people that smoke and how bad it is etc... I’d live to see a poll of how many of the fuck the Californians are from California, and how long ago they moved over! I don’t give a shit really, I hate on the flatlanders, lol! We all got to hate on somebody, and usually never ever to their face. Only online.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I’ll take the $5bet. (Wouldn’t bet much more than that). There will be launch ramps open to get on the lake. Too many ramps between Needles and Havasu Springs run by too many entities.
I can only afford $5 myself!
Ok, bet accepted. I bet that a ramp closure is ordered by next Monday night. But Needles isn’t on the lake.
I’m betting lake ramps only.

DWC

Reaction score
I can only afford $5 myself!
Ok, bet accepted. I bet that a ramp closure is ordered by next Monday night. But Needles isn’t on the lake.
I’m betting lake ramps only.
Deal. Mouth of the river to the Springs. All ramps public/private. $5 unless there’s another “substantial” economic drop or i lose my job in the next 6 mos due to Covid. 😳. Payable with $5 bill or cold Coors Light when this shit is done.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I love the fuck the Californians guys! It’s like how ex cigarette smokers are the worst about people that smoke and how bad it is etc... I’d live to see a poll of how many of the fuck the Californians are from California, and how long ago they moved over! I don’t give a shit really, I hate on the flatlanders, lol! We all got to hate on somebody, and usually never ever to their face. Only online.

Present! Been here less than a year, and don’t even own a home!
AND I quit smoking 2 weeks ago! (Still taking chantix)

I don’t “hate” anyone except 530.
It’s simple geography. I can sit at N Palo Verde and 95 on a Friday afternoon and watch a literal parade of Eliminators and DCB’s and all manner of dream boats file by from CA...and I love seeing all those boats.
That’s one reason I moved here.

But there is a situation going on right now that dictates that our normal activity needs to be modified and checked somewhat at least temporarily.

The sooner we get past this, the sooner we get past it.

That’s what I want, to get this behind us as soon as possible, whether the risk is real, imagined, or whatever.
THEN I’d love nothing better than to watch an endless parade of nice CA boats roll on in!

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Deal. Mouth of the river to the Springs. All ramps public/private. $5 unless there’s another “substantial” economic drop or i lose my job in the next 6 mos due to Covid. 😳. Payable with $5 bill or cold Coors Light when this shit is done.

Deal!
I haven’t worked in 2 full months, but I ain’t broke yet either!

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
It’s coming.

Spent the weekend in ocotillo getting our trailer to put back in storage. I knew it was only a matter of time.

This was today.

If you’re in Havasu And you think your immune it will be a sad sad story. Look at Louisiana they continued with Mardi gras because “it hadn’t hit them yet...and now they are fucked.
54E0FAF2-E5FF-4C3D-9B1D-D97425140A75.jpeg
0516C2EA-3423-4862-AC01-357CF3449F6C.jpeg
5B4E1A2B-3389-43B5-BA60-8B613A639A58.jpeg

Heylam

Reaction score
Since there are ramps in both AZ and CA, I don’t see all the ramps closing.

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
So if you own a house in lake havasu And stay there part time but live in calif
Dose that make a person a Californian.
Asking for a friend lol lol

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
So if you own a house in lake havasu And stay there part time but live in calif
Dose that make a person a Californian.
Asking for a friend lol lol

What if you were at your Havasu house before all this madness and decided just to stay but you drive a half ton truck and have a boat payment? Asking for a friend.

702sandman

Reaction score
Was this closing last set for last Tuesday ? Or does it take place tomorrow? It looked like is was decided last tuesday and they didn’t enforce anything. I was there and there was plenty of parking away from other people so it wasn’t bad but I could definitely see it being a problem once it hits 90

EarpRider

Reaction score
Escaped from our Havasu house this weekend to our Parker house (Actually Earp) to grab a few things, the river was busy and are trailer park was packed, River Shore Estates. No social distancing, everyone off roading or boating and a few idiot's shooting guns about 25' off of Parker Dam Rd.. It will be interesting to see how they try to close The River.

rrrr

Reaction score
AND I quit smoking 2 weeks ago! (Still taking chantix)

That's great news, and you're using the right language. Most people say "I'm trying to quit smoking", instead of saying "I quit smoking". Those that are "trying" have already admitted they are going to fail.

Just keep telling yourself "I quit smoking." Marvel at the accomplishment. Notice how you don't stink like a homeless bum. In a couple of months, you'll be feeling the difference in your health.

To help fight the oral fixation of having a cigarette in my mouth, I bought peppermint sugar free Breath Savers in bulk for four years. I had to have a roll in my pocket at all times.

Four years. This is a hard motherfucker to conquer, but don't give in. I have had 22 years smoke free. If I hadn't quit on New Year's Day in 1998, I would have a hacking cough, and still be stinking of cigarettes.

More importantly, I would most likely in the beginning stages of a death from COPD. Or maybe I would be dying from cancer, my lungs blackened by the tar in cigarettes, but still smoking because of the death hold tobacco has on those too stupid to quit.

My grandson wouldn't know how to fish, because I would have been too weak to take him fishing beginning when he was three. He would now be a twelve year old gaming addict, sitting in front of the flickering images of GTA instead of hitting the crappie spawn with me next week.

Half a million Americans died last year because they couldn't be bothered to spend six months of physical discomfort and overcome cravings for a year. But hey, they tried to quit.

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

I hope not..