WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hinckley Yachts...Watching Boat Related TV

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
So, I'm a lowbuck river dork. I've had some thrown together flattys, currently own a jet bote and pwc's. That said, it would appear that I truly have champagne taste and a beer budget.

I'm watching this show with Hinckley Yachts. I can deal with that kind of style. They were showing their build process, and rigging. One, was being fitted with twin 900hp diesels...and jets. They also do a joystick control integrated into both the jets and bow thrusters. Of course, it is a yacht, so the detail into the wood work accents is amazing.

To me, a high end boat is like a high end car. Even if you aren't a fan of yachts, you probably appreciate the effort into the building of one. I'm not a fan of lowriders, but there are usually countless hours and dollars involved in building one. There are skills and ideas that can be taken to different levels or different projects. A high end power boat has effort into details as well.

Anyways, I guess this is my art appreciation class for the night. Quarantine TV.
Have a good night, stay safe.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
So, I'm a lowbuck river dork. I've had some thrown together flattys, currently own a jet bote and pwc's. That said, it would appear that I truly have champagne taste and a beer budget.

I'm watching this show with Hinckley Yachts. I can deal with that kind of style. They were showing their build process, and rigging. One, was being fitted with twin 900hp diesels...and jets. They also do a joystick control integrated into both the jets and bow thrusters. Of course, it is a yacht, so the detail into the wood work accents is amazing.

To me, a high end boat is like a high end car. Even if you aren't a fan of yachts, you probably appreciate the effort into the building of one. I'm not a fan of lowriders, but there are usually countless hours and dollars involved in building one. There are skills and ideas that can be taken to different levels or different projects. A high end power boat has effort into details as well.

Anyways, I guess this is my art appreciation class for the night. Quarantine TV.

What is the name of the show?

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Extreme Yachts, I think. Think the channel was Destination.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score

...Lived the Yacht lifestyle for eight years without Yacht money ...Hung out on and cruised around on some big high dollar Yachts...Mine was not a high dollar Yacht...although it was a pretty cool old all wood 34’er...The attention to detail in the Yachting world is simply amazing...