WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Came across this guy today.. And no i didnt chop his head off..

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Had to get out of the house so we went done to a nature preserve in Pala.. Minimal people on the trails so it was a good day.. At the end of the last trail this dude was crossing the path. What a badass lookin rattler. Ive never seen the red diamonds before. Cool as hell and really chill. Crossed the path like a slug.. Didnt even twitch the rattle when i got close for the pic.
Snapchat-1653040260.jpg

4Waters

Reaction score
Dude was cool... No need to mess with him.. Googled it..they are known to be a non aggressive species of rattlers...
That's what I read as well, "Very mild temperament". Is that compared to a Mojave Green?

Taboma

Reaction score
Encountered a huge Red rattler by Lake Hodges one afternoon. Just watched it in awe, moved slow and paid my wife and I no attention. Having whacked my share of much smaller ones with a shovel at our nearby home --- the thought did occur to me, dispatching him with a shovel wouldn't even be an option. All you'd accomplish would be seriously pissing him off. :eek:
He was truly majestic 👍 I hate the damned things, but this encounter felt blessed, even Spiritual, I mean "Holy Shit" repeated multiple times Spiritual 😲

Wedgy

Reaction score
A fellow Camper killed a Rattler that was discovered close to where the kids were playing at Nevada Telephone Cove, and was quickly dispatched by a Dad with a shovel, didn't even put down his Beer.:cool: All good until the Red Hot Smokin Lady Ranger came over and ticketed him for killing the Rattlesnake, which, apparently is a protected species in the Lake Mead NRA..

All you Inmates who navigate Lake Mojave know who I'm talking about. She looks good patrolling on a Wave Runner too!

brgrcru

Reaction score
See a few when I ride ,some are real big , 5/6' real mellow . but I see mostly 3/4' small ones , a little more spastic . just amazing creatures. I usually stand back and watch them do there thing .

NicPaus

Reaction score
There is a den of them under the steps going to river at our park. The water washed out under the steps . Friends tried to whack them with no luck. Now they roped off the area. First sightings in kur park for the season last weekend.

boatnam2

Reaction score
It's weird snakes are out early, big horn sheep are walking around echo lodge like it's a zoo( seen 1 in 40 years at river)

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
There is a den of them under the steps going to river at our park. The water washed out under the steps . Friends tried to whack them with no luck. Now they roped off the area. First sightings in kur park for the season last weekend.

someone might need to go down there with one of those torches they burn weeds with and thin out some of the vegetation.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Good rodent control...I leave them alone unless they get in the walled part of my yard, which is pretty snake proof.

We get pack rats that nest in the base of a prickly pear. These guys can get them out.

rrrr

Reaction score
It's wrong to kill snakes that are out in their natural habitat. They keep rodent populations in check, and that helps prevent disease carried by fleas and the animals themselves.

When you see a rattlesnake, pull out your wallet and read the back of your man card. It says right there that real men aren't afraid of snakes and spiders, and that acting like a baby around them is reason for revocation of your card.

brgrcru

Reaction score
Wish the Chinese ate more snakes. then bats and rats .