WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Before I tar and feather the grandson.....

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
How long do xbox controllers last? With him seems 4 months. Got him a $60 camo one for xmas and now he claims the rb button doesn’t work. I could have bought a new console with the money I spent on controllers. I’m not a gamer so I don’t know.

Q4mtxUS

Reaction score
That sounds bout right. Turtle beech headsets are shite too.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
I've found that when most controllers (TV remote, alarm remote, etc...) have buttons quit working it's because somehow they got dirty. I take them apart and usually find some greasy shit under the button...clean it all up with rubbing alcohol and a q-tip and they usually work again.

HCP3

Reaction score
Imagine how many times he has used the RB button playing games... Just saying. They don't make them to last, and online games are super competitive. In his mind it is the controller that is holding him back. Which means you are, Grandpa 😅😉

retaocleg

Reaction score
planned obsolescence......if you make it last forever, you don't get to sell them again, and again...…..

rrrr

Reaction score
We bought our grandson an expensive gaming chair for Christmas in 2018. He wanted to know if we would buy a new one for Christmas 2019.

I asked him to send me a photo of the old chair. It looked like a seat in the front row of the Greyhound bus station, totally worn out and starting to self destruct. LOL!

trophybug19

Reaction score
Look into scuf controllers. If he is a serious gamer this maybe the way to go. I have one and it has lasted at least a year now. I play quite a bit. But i did have to send it back for warranty work when I first got it. But it has been perfect since then. Warning they are close to or above $200. But as they say buy once cry once.

ssc

Reaction score
I spoil my grandson. He brings up controllers on the computer and shows me what he wants. They are never cheap, but so far I have only bought 2 of them over the past few years and he plays a lot. Also got him a gaming chair. He loves it, but not cheap. One of the benefits of being Grandpa.

Cheers, Steve

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
How long do xbox controllers last? With him seems 4 months. Got him a $60 camo one for xmas and now he claims the rb button doesn’t work. I could have bought a new console with the money I spent on controllers. I’m not a gamer so I don’t know.
Hecho in China...

ssc

Reaction score
Buy him a mountain bike.

Yep, got him that also. This Grandpa thing ain't cheap. As for guns, he has me open the safe so he can see all of "his" guns.
He warms my heart so much and I do spoil him.

Cheers, Steve

76sanger

Reaction score
Maybe teach him to work on something outside? Boat, car, motorcycle, SxS? Wear out a set of Mac, Matco tools!

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
"wow, your controller broke...so sad. Ya know, the yard needs mowing and the cars and trucks need a washing and waxing..."

YUP - Lots of ways to earn, and learn.

Gifts came at Christmas and birthdays - everything else in between was an earn out.

Thats how I earned replacement money for broken clutch, shift levers and dirt bike gas money .

Mow, trim, wash and wax in the summer
Shovel and de-ice in the winter.
Get groceries for the older widows
The old widow got free snow removal - I pissed and moaned greatly about this at the time
Our garden had two rows per crop/ veg - one for our family, one for the widows and poor people that we gave away.

5-7 bucks a yard/ driveway/ car - back in the mid- late 70's

Whats the modern version of these 20 a shot?

A kid can get to 100 pretty quick these days just around the house at todays rates.

UD

Last edited:

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
To the grandpa part
- my parents paid me jack for the work -
Grandpa always paid the best so in my mind getting a 50 slipped every now and then across a summer for the same work was being spoiled.....

UD

red ant

Reaction score
Aren't these items mostly made in China??? We all know the good quality control from China parts.