WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Honda CT-90 putt putts

lbhsbz

Reaction score
I've got a buddy who's a bit off....and decided a few years ago to start hoarding these things. I think he's up to 6 or 7 now, with tons of parts. He started out planning on making a bit of side money fixing them up and selling them, but soon realized that to do them up right costs about as much as they're worth...so it's turned into more a learning experience/hobby for him.

He has 2 of them running in real good shape, completely gone through with new rings, all new seals and gaskets, valve jobs, carbs, tubes and tires, etc... and he expressed to me that he wants to get of them to make room to pull the others outta the shed and get started on them. I thought they'd make a great little RV park runabout or a liquor store cruiser, so figured I'd post up and see if anyone wants one. He wants about $1200 for the one that's titled and legal, and maybe a bit less for the one without a title (he's willing to get a title if need be). If someone wants one thats beat to fuck but runs good...he's got a few of those too.

any interest?...lemme know

lbhsbz

Reaction score
4.jpg
4.jpg
3.jpg
3.jpg
1.jpg

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
Because it appears to be so clean and a 90 he might even be worth more than that to the right guy. Very iconic bikes.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
He's got two that are up and running...I know that at least one of them has the handle bar release lever to turn them sideways...If there's any interest, I'll go get more pics.

pixrthis

Reaction score
A neighbor put one out with a for sale sign that was in need of restoration so I stopped and looked at it but at $1,200 asking didn’t even bother inquiring.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I think that is the trail model. The CT models have the fold down handlebars with the black screw knobs.
Black screw knobs?
What year was that?
Mine is a 1970, looks just like the OP other than his handle faces the other way.
B2B3C09D-43CA-4290-BBED-5FD7F73D70D5.jpeg

I’d be curious to know what year the OP is also. Noticed a couple subtle differences.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I think that is the trail model. The CT models have the fold down handlebars with the black screw knobs.
I know the Trail 70's had the screw knobs to fold the bars. My dad had one forever. Really wish he never got rid of it. It was still pretty much 100% original and plated.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

LazyLavey

Reaction score
located
I've got a buddy who's a bit off....and decided a few years ago to start hoarding these things. I think he's up to 6 or 7 now, with tons of parts. He started out planning on making a bit of side money fixing them up and selling them, but soon realized that to do them up right costs about as much as they're worth...so it's turned into more a learning experience/hobby for him.

located?

mobldj

Reaction score
just so happens i have a fb page....honda ct 90 owners.over 5700 members.i had a cherry one that sold for 2500.tell them to join and sell them
honda.jpg

Last edited:

HBCraig

Reaction score
So sweet

I had on a long time ago, but it was a 70cc

Wish I had it back

Universal Elements

Reaction score
Mecums going to have their motorcycle auction in January. Lots of nice bikes. He could consign it there.

674F7B16-5C0F-411B-BF8E-6C94FCA6E36B.jpeg

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I know the Trail 70's had the screw knobs to fold the bars. My dad had one forever. Really wish he never got rid of it. It was still pretty much 100% original and plated.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
Black screw knobs?
What year was that?
Mine is a 1970, looks just like the OP other than his handle faces the other way.
View attachment 824699

I’d be curious to know what year the OP is also. Noticed a couple subtle differences.
I only knew of and called the full sheet metal frame ones as CT's (70&90) and the taller 90 as shown by OP as the Trail models. It may very well be a CT with a model name of Trail...idk, not claiming to expertly know this as fact it's just what we all called them back then.
Had some crazy times on my buddies bikes. He had a couple 70s and 90s we beat to shit. Bent one nearly in half trying to MX it.:D:D

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I only knew of and called the full sheet metal frame ones as CT's (70&90) and the taller 90 as shown by OP as the Trail models. It may very well be a CT with a model name of Trail...idk, not claiming to expertly know this as fact it's just what we all called them back then.
Had some crazy times on my buddies bikes. He had a couple 70s and 90s we beat to shit. Bent one nearly in half trying to MX it.:D:D
I don’t know much about them either, lol.
Mine says Trail.
But that blue 70 says trail too? So? I DK?
It’s a Honda:D
Notice the Trail 90 graphic is different between mine and the OP, and I notice he doesn’t have the knob for altitude adjustment.
7FE76B4C-E6AB-4199-BC07-119012D29C42.jpeg
6516415A-A060-40A4-BC8B-58BCCAAC7DFA.jpeg
6DF62B9F-299D-47BD-8A6F-4570B895F7D9.png

I also see mine has a chrome trim strip along the seat base while the other examples have rivets.

I wouldn’t mind getting ahold of the turn signals.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Bump!
With quarantine and the whole apocalypse going on, well. 😂
Tinkering has happened.
After neglecting it for sometime I managed to replace fuel lines, get some charge on the battery and fire it off.

Eventually. 😂

My old ass was sore a day and a half from trying to kickstart this bastard about 159 times. Plus pushing it home once, lol.

But I think I have the tune sorted now. Runs good.
The P/O told me low range didn’t work and he suspected a bent shift fork.

I suspect he’d had a couple too many beers and didn’t fiddle with it enough because it works awesome for me.😎

Next step, I’m pulling the forks and replacing seals.

After the Covid process is over it’s on to the CHP for a title search.
Bought it at a garage sale.

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
Those things can go anywhere. Well, at least when Ed is driving one.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
What is the handle on the handlebar for?

RD

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Lots of good memories of the 55 and 90 when I was a kid. we had soooo much fun on them.
Known as "Pizza Bikes" (delivery) in Europe.

Honda has been rolling out the 125 version around the world:

2200320-ct125_003H.jpg

2200320-ct125_002H.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Fuel injection, Disc brakes, ABS, twice the power of the 90, electric start. $4K.

old rigger

Reaction score

He has 2 of them running in real good shape, completely gone through with new rings, all new seals and gaskets, valve jobs, carbs, tubes and tires, etc... and he expressed to me that he wants to get of them to make room to pull the others outta the shed and get started on them. I thought they'd make a great little RV park runabout or a liquor store cruiser, so figured I'd post up and see if anyone wants one. He wants about $1200 for the one that's titled and legal, and maybe a bit less for the one without a title (he's willing to get a title if need be). If someone wants one thats beat to fuck but runs good...he's got a few of those too.

If you get a chance can you ask your buddy if he knows of any C200 (Honda 90) or even a C100, the 50cc. Got to be early ones, 63 to 65 and push rod engines. A great deal would be huge plus too!
thanks

Both look like this...

Honda_C200.jpg

rush1

Reaction score
My buddy Darrin and I had Honda 50's in jr high school and we would ride all over the west end of the San Fernando valley every day after school .Here we are 45 years later still riding lol
20200304_180852.jpg

Last edited:

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Funny. My very first bike was a Trail 90. No lever on the bars though to fold them. Had a rack instead of the extra seat.

It was Orange. Or Faded Red? Pretty sure it was Orange. Haha 40 years ago some things fade a little, but not the memories of the freedom that little bike gave me, I rode it everyday, everywhere, on bike paths and sidewalks (because the local sheriffs told me I could not drive it on the street) and any fire road I could get to before a Sheriff saw me lol!

Once I got my CR125 they could not catch me anymore rofl!

Checkmate21

Reaction score
If you want something really rare, look up Honda ZB 50. I think that they only made about 3 or 4 thousand of them. They are all black with red wheels.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
Bump!
With quarantine and the whole apocalypse going on, well. 😂
Tinkering has happened.
After neglecting it for sometime I managed to replace fuel lines, get some charge on the battery and fire it off.

Eventually. 😂

My old ass was sore a day and a half from trying to kickstart this bastard about 159 times. Plus pushing it home once, lol.

But I think I have the tune sorted now. Runs good.
The P/O told me low range didn’t work and he suspected a bent shift fork.

I suspect he’d had a couple too many beers and didn’t fiddle with it enough because it works awesome for me.😎

Next step, I’m pulling the forks and replacing seals.

After the Covid process is over it’s on to the CHP for a title search.
Bought it at a garage sale.

I've restored a few of them. Here is a good site for re-pop parts. Was my go to for consumables, cables, grips, timing chains, gaskets, seals, ect..

SoCalDave

Reaction score
That was my birthday present to myself. 5000 original mile bike.
Small world but mine passed on.
Had bought it new from Buena Park Yamaha when I arrived in CA in 79.
Such a fun bike for a 20 year old 130lb stud...😁

PaPaG

Reaction score
to release and turn the handlebars so it fits better on the rack behind the spare tire on a 1972 Winnebago
I had an orange CT70, dad used to put the handle bars down and slide the bike into the back seat of his Merc when I was 10-12 to take us riding...wow what great memories...