WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Body beach 30’ daytona launch

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Likely a Vin, but did anyone see how the whole thing ended for the guy who decided to launch his 30 Daytona at the new body beach? Truck was gonna have some issues with water damage and there was no way he was gonna be able to tow that boat back up the grade from the shoreline if he changed his mind or couldn’t get it off the trailer. Flat launching a 30’ cat with twins is gonna need some gravity of a launch ramp or he would really have to sink the hell out of the trailer.

PlanB

Reaction score
Did they ever get it off the trailer? The video I posted yesterday showed them trying to get it off, but it was not moving.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Desperate times, desperate measures = bad decisions. Lessons, won’t do that again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sintax

Reaction score
haha who didnt sit there and time lapse record the whole process??

TrollerDave

Reaction score
Good try 👏
1587925902588.gif

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Likely a Vin, but did anyone see how the whole thing ended for the guy who decided to launch his 30 Daytona at the new body beach? Truck was gonna have some issues with water damage and there was no way he was gonna be able to tow that boat back up the grade from the shoreline if he changed his mind or couldn’t get it off the trailer. Flat launching a 30’ cat with twins is gonna need some gravity of a launch ramp or he would really have to sink the hell out of the trailer.
People have been saying the straps were still on I agree with you, too flat and shallow, that's a big ass boat to float. That boats been around a while, wonder if it's a new owner?

PlanB

Reaction score
People have been saying the straps were still on I agree with you, too flat and shallow, that's a big ass boat to float. That boats been around a while, wonder if it's a new owner?

That was my thinking as well. Heavy ass end in shallow water.

guest hs

Reaction score
Boat looks plenty deep. Look how far the truck is under must of been transom straps or someone screwed the seats down to the bunks. Been there done that one of old Daytona’s need new upholstery I tried out a new guy in town and yes he lagged seats threw the boat into the bunks. I was Furious and never used him again.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Boat looks plenty deep. Look how far the truck is under must of been transom straps or someone screwed the seats down to the bunks. Been there done that one of old Daytona’s need new upholstery I tried out a new guy in town and yes he lagged seats threw the boat into the bunks. I was Furious and never used him again.
Maybe deep enough, but look at the guy standing at the bow of his boat behind the Daytona, not that deep.

BingerFang

Reaction score

This story just made my Sunday. Thank you Namba!!!

adam909

Reaction score
I have never been to that beach. Is it pratical for a boat this big to launch there? is there a actual paved ramped? or is it just dirt and hope for the best? Seems like a stupid move to launch with that type of terrain with that size of boat..

FreeBird236

Reaction score
No paved ramp, not sure where it is, looks like the end of the Island.

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
I have never been to that beach. Is it pratical for a boat this big to launch there? is there a actual paved ramped? or is it just dirt and hope for the best? Seems like a stupid move to launch with that type of terrain with that size of boat..
It is on the Northside of the island down from crazy horse. It started off as a hang out for locals with pwc. There is a trail down there that is fairly wide, but not meant for heavy vehicles or boats. If your pulling a couple of skis you will be fine anything over that will be a challenge

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

PlanB

Reaction score

It's a dirt / sand trail to get down there. Used to just be PWC's launching there.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Wow thats dumb. Thanks for the link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
It’s amazing to me what someone will do to not wait in the obvious long lines yesterday. But that sure as hell will cost more than 20 bucks and a hour wait time to launch, only thing I can think of other than no brains.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
It’s amazing to me what someone will do to not wait in the obvious long lines yesterday. But that sure as hell will cost more than 20 bucks and a hour wait time to launch, only thing I can think of other than no brains.
Me thinks ramps were already closed and they woke up late. Had to get on the water with his crew. :cool:

Reaction score
so where are all the "SURF" boats when you need them. a nice wake would lift it off the trailer....

wet hull

Reaction score
That was site 6 yesterday but with cement. I forgot how bad that place is until yesterday when we had to launch there.

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
Me thinks ramps were already closed and they woke up late. Had to get on the water with his crew. :cool:

I think that’s spot on, didn’t think of that. They were going to get on the lake one way or another.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
I don't understand here!!, The Havasu Paper stated that Body beach Was closed and Not reopening again . There has been homeless issues with fires and other activities the City wants eliminated.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
I don't understand here!!, The Havasu Paper stated that Body beach Was closed and Not reopening again . There has been homeless issues with fires and other activities the City wants eliminated.
Different and new body beach since the old one was shut down.

wet hull

Reaction score
Does anyone know if he was able to get it off the trailer? If so, it would have been fun to watch them put it back on the trailer.
There was a pic on Instagram in Thompson Bay. No trailer attached🤪

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I've launched and retrieved mine several times on dirt. Usually not a big deal. But...... It's just a small 18' outboard and I have a lifted truck on 35" tires. Makes it pretty easy.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
Thats how we unload at the butte all the time. :) Thats part of the reason everyone at the butte has 5 tons, to drag their campers thru the sand and unload their boats on the beach.