WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Havasu Mayor says visitors stay home

EBT531

Reaction score
Maybe I missed the thread, but kinda surprised no one is talking about the Havasu mayor saying tourists stay away. At least he admitted they can not close a Federal waterway, but I am sure the City could order launch ramps closed.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
The guy interviewed is still whining about the supermarkets being depleted. The supermarket supply chain there is built and stocked to handle the town Including the normal tourism load.

The town has 55,000 people and over 10 supermarkets, 6 of which are full service, giant supermarkets.

HCP3

Reaction score
Maybe I missed the thread, but kinda surprised no one is talking about the Havasu mayor saying tourists stay away. At least he admitted they can not close a Federal waterway, but I am sure the City could order launch ramps closed.

I can't read the article behind their subscription wall, but good luck with that. You aren't going to keep people away from their vacation homes.

EBT531

Reaction score
This morning Phx news said AZ has already lost over $1Bil in tourism money due to now spring break and spring training. It only goes up from here.

EBT531

Reaction score
I can't read the article behind their subscription wall, but good luck with that. You aren't going to keep people away from their vacation homes.

Agreed. In IL they shut down the public launch ramps but there are so many private ramps that a good number of people are out.

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score

The interviewed guy calls people selfish for buying stuff that he may buy so he can be selfish. Go figure.

What do you call the male equivalent of a Karen? He's that dude.

Last thing, when ever you point to some thing, there are three fingers pointing back at you.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
This morning Phx news said AZ has already lost over $1Bil in tourism money due to now spring break and spring training. It only goes up from here.

The public sector doesn't give a rat's ass about lost economic revenue in the private sector. They will simply cry to the Feds and if the R's don't print the lost tax revenue, they claim they're evil, while preying on the dumb ass sheep for votes.

They ARE the enemy!!!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The guy interviewed is still whining about the supermarkets being depleted. The supermarket supply chain there is built and stocked to handle the town Including the normal tourism load.

The town has 55,000 people and over 10 supermarkets, 6 of which are full service, giant supermarkets.

I am just kinda adding em up here

Walmart
Smiths
Bashas
Albertsons
Safeway..

What are the others?

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

Walmart
Smiths
Bashas
Albertsons
Safeway..

What are the others?

Walmart seemed picked clean yesterday. I’m wondering if they had a refrigeration problem as the entire milk/ juice/ frozen aisles were cordoned off and empty?
Still had plenty of tonic and vodka though!

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Walmart
Smiths
Bashas
Albertsons
Safeway..

What are the others?

Food City,

Dollar Generals have some food as well, and there are several of those.

FishSniper

Reaction score

The thing I find funny in all this is the mayor has posted stuff like this don’t come Etc but his actions show different. They don’t have control of the lake being a federal waterway but they do have control of allowing hotels and short term rentals to stay operating. The slips at LBR seemed pretty full last weekend.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
The thing I find funny in all this is the mayor has posted stuff like this don’t come Etc but his actions show different. They don’t have control of the lake being a federal waterway but they do have control of allowing hotels and short term rentals to stay operating. The slips at LBR seemed pretty full last weekend.

Zing!

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Walmart seemed picked clean yesterday. I’m wondering if they had a refrigeration problem as the entire milk/ juice/ frozen aisles were cordoned off and empty?
Still had plenty of tonic and vodka though!
They were completely without power for almost two days, just opened back up yesterday morning, heard the lost everything in the cold and frozen section. It was an internal problem.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
They were completely without power for almost two days, just opened back up yesterday morning, heard the lost everything in the cold and frozen section. It was an internal problem.

Thanks, was wondering about that.

just_floatin

Reaction score
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this is trending on Instagram.
4F4F5E9A-599A-4D93-8B69-F3DFFD12AD89.jpeg

Thunderhead1

Reaction score
Isnt the mayor the Manager of the London Bridge resort???

Wonder why the Mayor who wants everyone to stay home wouldn't close the Hotels down to tourists???

More shit that make you say HHmmmmm...

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
LOL, its a lockdown, not a quarantine. Quarantine is when you are sick. Lockdown is when you are healthy, but the govt wants to control you, since they think you have no clue on how to be safe.

Where's Darwin when you need him.

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
What will be interesting is seeing if there's a spike in Havasu cases in a few days. It's been almost 5 days (average time in which people start to show symptoms) since last weekend where apparently Havasu was so crowded.

I'd say no spike, no concerns.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
What will be interesting is seeing if there's a spike in Havasu cases in a few days. It's been almost 5 days (average time in which people start to show symptoms) since last weekend where apparently Havasu was so crowded.

We are waiting and watching as well!

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Oh I’m certain The Havasu tourists caused the spikes in Kingman nursing homes!

We already had a similar but smaller spike in tourism around Easter weekend... and nothing substantial happened.

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score

Beaches were packed this weekend in my town, we still are only at 45 cases with 65,000 citizens. We never had a spike after the last rush on the beaches a month ago, so I doubt we’ll see a massive uptick either. Having said that, downtown is beginning to feel like a dead town.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Check out the lawn @ LHC Black Bear Restaurant.Looks to be about 6 weeks since last cut.Damn shame.Far as Economics of this disaster we are at the beginning of the fall out for many.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Isnt the mayor the Manager of the London Bridge resort???

Wonder why the Mayor who wants everyone to stay home wouldn't close the Hotels down to tourists???

More shit that make you say HHmmmmm...
I believe,,,,,the mayor has some financial interest in a few places by the bridge. They some how stayed open longer than others

PlanB

Reaction score

The city does not control Windsor, the Marina or Cattail. You also have Black Meadow, and the Springs on the South end of the lake, as well as other ramps to the North.

ALAN F

Reaction score
I will be launching from pirates on Friday! Sorry Alan!

Natural selection guys..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im all for the natural selection!! I say keep it all going and keep u all doing what you're doing, lets see who's left standing deep into this,hasnt and won't change my life 1 bit,7 weeks,7 months, year,whatever it takes then hopefully all you children will have something else to throw a temper tantrum over!!!!I
BUT I WANNA PLAY WITH MY FRIENDS,WAH,WAH,WAH!!!!

ACTUALLY EMBARRASING!!!did your wife if you have one give you permission to go???????lol

see you on the other side!!!

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Im all for the natural selection!! I say keep it all going and keep u all doing what you're doing, lets see who's left standing deep into this,hasnt and won't change my life 1 bit,7 weeks,7 months, year,whatever it takes then hopefully all you children will have something else to throw a temper tantrum over!!!!I

ACTUALLY EMBARRASING!!!did your wife if you have one give you permission to go???????lol

99.999999999% of us will be still standing and see you there!

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score

Dude, you put the douche in the word douche. Just sayin.

Thunderhead1

Reaction score

You sir are perpetuating the lie. Please take a look outside your bubble and see for yourself that this is not as the media portrays.... If you do that and still believe the Media, Then , Yes I will see you on the other side, the other side of the battle field.

Riverryder

Reaction score
gonna be enough stimulus for them to make boat payments???lol

I have titles for both my boats...

Hey just tell your wife you are going to fight the virus and meet me at pirates you can ride in my boat.
Pm me for my number.

What do you do or did you do for a living? You seem to live under a rock thinking they are gonna come up with something to eradicate it. It will be here for many years to come..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
That actually made me chuckle.
Gotta say, Alan F is a pretty good sport.
I do appreciate the effort it takes for his level of doucheiness. He knows no limit, and that in and of itself is impressive. The laughs are priceless.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I do appreciate the effort it takes for his level of doucheiness. He knows no limit, and that in and of itself is impressive. The laughs are priceless.

I respect his concerns.
He’s entitled to them.
I also respect the hardcore leftys in here because they are honest....misguided and deranged granted, but honest.

ALAN F

Reaction score
I respect his concerns.
He’s entitled to them.
I also respect the hardcore leftys in here because they are honest....misguided and deranged granted, but honest.

Honestly,i am not against people flocking here,I knew what I was getting into back when I moved here and I am not against people having good times!!!!
it just amazed me when people were asked to really do nothing BUT STAY HOME!!!! its a chain re action to do the exact opposite!!!!!and you guys gotta admit, its like a group of 5 y olds kicking and screaming!!AND I EMPLOYED ALOTTA PEOPLE OVER THE YEARS WHICH ALL CAN NEVER WAIT TO GO HOME EARLY!!!!now they don't want to????!!!and its hard to watch as most are treating like a vacation when people potentially can die, but like I said, carry on!!!!!!KEEP IT GOIN!!!!!!!

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
Alan F, just be truthful here. You have let this dominate you’re life to the point of nausea. I sometimes think you think that you are the only one that cares about this subject on the Covid. Don’t worry about how anyone pays their bills as long as they did not ask you for help. You seem at times you can be a good sport try and stay that way. Otherwise stand on the London Bridge and tell everyone to go home.

Last edited:

ALAN F

Reaction score
Alan F, just be truthful here. You have let this dominate you’re life to the point on nausea. I sometimes think you think that you are the only one that cares about this subject on the Covid. Don’t worry about how anyone pays their bills as long as they diid not ask you for help. You seem at times you can be a good sport try and stay that way. Otherwise stand on the London Bridge and tell everyone to go home.

Ill be 100% honest,im actually down on the mayor and town officials on this whole deal, shows you what were really dealing with as far as residents being put first,I mean, living,voting,kids in school residents, pretty sad display of elected people and like someone here, they can't play both sides of the fence if its about residents, regardless of their need for visitors money.

Performance Grips

Reaction score
Ill be 100% honest,im actually down on the mayor and town officials on this whole deal, shows you what were really dealing with as far as residents being put first,I mean, living,voting,kids in school residents, pretty sad display of elected people and like someone here, they can't play both sides of the fence if its about residents, regardless of their need for visitors money.
I think your right about the Mayor not having residents being put first absolutely. But when has any mayor in Havasu ever put the residents needs first. The town would not survive period. Not in the past and not now. It's a balancing act. Keep the city from financial ruins or keep 1/3 of the residents happy? The great thing is we all have choices stay home with tin foil on your windows or go out responsibly. But this town will not survive as much as retirees will tell u it will.

Doc

2022 32 Doug Wright
Reaction score
Honestly,i am not against people flocking here,I knew what I was getting into back when I moved here and I am not against people having good times!!!!
it just amazed me when people were asked to really do nothing BUT STAY HOME!!!! its a chain re action to do the exact opposite!!!!!and you guys gotta admit, its like a group of 5 y olds kicking and screaming!!AND I EMPLOYED ALOTTA PEOPLE OVER THE YEARS WHICH ALL CAN NEVER WAIT TO GO HOME EARLY!!!!now they don't want to????!!!and its hard to watch as most are treating like a vacation when people potentially can die, but like I said, carry on!!!!!!KEEP IT GOIN!!!!!!!

People did/are staying home. When this first started the streets in california went empty really quick. People listened and only went out when really needed, also in the meantime businesses that were open made changes quickly to adjust. I honestly think everyone did a great job with this considering the situation and how quickly things happened.

Here is the thing now, most people are looking at numbers, people talking to each other, researching themselves and free thinking again. Media drove this car on the first leg of the trip and seems like the people want to drive the final leg of the trip now. I see your point and don't dispute it per say but like I said peoples lives changed overnight in many ways. So if people now want to get out see mother nature again and be smart about interactions considering the numbers why not?

FishSniper

Reaction score
Alan you’ll be happy to know LBR was showing 15 percent off for this weekends stays and AirBnB was showing only 28 houses available for the weekend in Havasu. Will u be patrolling northbound traffic at the Bill Williams bridge or Southbound traffic near the 40 ?