WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Coronavirus Testing

Backlash

Reaction score
My test results and my wife's test results both came back negative this afternoon. 😎

The test was provided by my employer who also extended this opportunity to immediate family members for a small fee. I am happy because it puts my wife's mind a little more at ease. I didn't really care one way or another, but did the test simply to appease my wife.

There were more than 100 people who were also tested this week, and out of this group, to the best of my knowledge, there were zero positive tests.

I, along with many coworkers, work in the San Gabriel Valley in Southern California. If you know anything about this area, it has one of the highest Asian populations anywhere in the U.S. We are exposed to the general public on a daily basis where we interract with a diverse group of people from wealthy successful business owners to homeless people who have little to nothing.

Since Governor Newscum initiated the social distance suggestions, many of us have followed suit by wearing masks when meeting with the public. There have been times that I've worn a mask and times that I haven't. There have been times that I've been good about maintaining distance from people and other times that I haven't. There have been times I've used Clorox-type wipes and times I've used a generic hand sanitizer. There have been times I've washed my hands and times I haven't. I would say I've tried to remember to be a little bit more careful, but in general, I've just done things the way I always have. I haven't surrounded myself with bubble wrap and I haven't locked myself in my bedroom sitting on my bed sucking my thumb watching CNN. I've pretty much just continued living and working the way I always have.

Guess what? So have majority of the other people I work with who were also tested, who also received NEGATIVE results.

Why do I share this? Because in my opinion, our government along with the media is blowing this entire ordeal completely out of proportion. Yes, I do agree that people with significant health concerns and other underlying medical conditions should be cautious with what they do and where they go. But for the rest of the general public who are in reasonably good health, I think you'll be fine carrying on with your life.

I know this section of RDP is titled "Doom and Gloom," but this post is more positive and I wanted to bring a bit of fresh air here by sharing our successes.

Stay safe everyone and hopefully things will get back to the old normal soon enough. The river is calling...... 😎

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Glad to hear your tests were negative as long as you're happy with that. I figure most would hope they had the thing already and be done with it.

Crazy to think of what this country has put itself through because of the FEAR generated by the medical "experts" who get more money and attention through this

Backlash

Reaction score
It's funny you say that Whatexit because I was kinda hoping I had contracted the virus and it had come and gone without any issues. I'm actually surprised I haven't. 🤷‍♂️ I guess it just goes to show that maybe it isnt as contagious as everyone has stated. I surely dont live in a bubble and have somewhat thrown caution to the wind with this whole ordeal.

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score
I haven't surrounded myself with bubble wrap and I haven't locked myself in my bedroom sitting on my bed sucking my thumb watching CNN.

This right here is hilarious. 🤣 Thanks for the laughs. And I agree. 👍