Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
Korean BBQ on the stone last night
20200518_182726.jpg

liquid addiction

^ 78 DiMarco Flat
Reaction score
I have to say thanks to everyone in this thread now too. After reading and telling the wife, we have one on order now also.

RiverCruiser

Reaction score
If anyone comes across the 36” model at a SoCal Ace location can you let me know. Thanks.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
If anyone comes across the 36” model at a SoCal Ace location can you let me know. Thanks.
I called my local store in NorCal to see if they had them and if they would ship to SoCal. They were out, and expect more on Jun 18th.

They had 325 of them when I bought mine 2 weeks ago. RDP helping the economy get back on track one griddle at a time. LOL.

Sent From Tapatalk

cofooter

Reaction score
I cooked breakfast on my friends up at our camping lake this weekend, they are awesome, I am buying one............

MissB

The Asset..
Reaction score
I was invited by some friends for their inaugural "Blackstone Grill" dinner night last week. OMG! The veggies alone were amazing. They have the air fryer version and the tots were super good, love having them without the extra oil! That, and now after reading this, I want one. Problem is, Its just me, sometimes my boys. I have the small Treager and I haven't used it in a year... So what size? The 28"?

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I was invited by some friends for their inaugural "Blackstone Grill" dinner night last week. OMG! The veggies alone were amazing. They have the air fryer version and the tots were super good, love having them without the extra oil! That, and now after reading this, I want one. Problem is, Its just me, sometimes my boys. I have the small Treager and I haven't used it in a year... So what size? The 28"?

Any smaller than a 22" (tabletop) or 28" (has it's own legs), and you will fill cramped when you cook on it. If they are too small, your food wants to fall off. use it. They do make a 22" table top version that might be nice for a start.

Turnup

Reaction score
I just saw the tailgater one @ HD Supply this am for $198

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score

SHOCKtheMONKEY

Reaction score
So I bought the 17" for the toyhauler and have been trying it out. Works good with the exception of it's not really flat, kind of domed in the middle and the edges don't get as hot. Not a problem cooking meat but if you cook a flat omelet or something watery it runs off towards the cooler edges. 🤷‍♂️

IMG_20200519_180309591.jpg
IMG_20200519_180707591.jpg

Hardly Satisfied

Riverside, CA & Havasu
Reaction score
Walmart has this one for $297 Ace hardware is out of stock so I think I’m going to get this one

Attachments

• A31D9F1D-BE97-402C-A43F-CFB4514CD066.png
    A31D9F1D-BE97-402C-A43F-CFB4514CD066.png
    364.2 KB · Views: 153

Nordie

Reaction score
Mine was supposed to be here on the 18th. Got the alert that it is delayed, and I will be notified when it ships. The cover order already has been canceled, stated that it is undeliverable. Hope to hear something soon.

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
I really liked the idea of a flattop grill.
Wife even wanted one. Looked at all the different brands, found one the wife liked. Ended up cooking breakfast with cast iron on the bbq grill. With a dozen or more pieces of cast iron, and been using them for years, I don't think I need this. How do you bake Apple pie without cast iron?
Carry on...

Dan'l

WildWilly

Reaction score
when I look on Ace they don't even have the same model with the lid listed anymore, or am I just missing it? Damn I'm kicking myself for not grabbing one. At $299 it was a hell of a deal compared to the walmart deal for $274 and no lid considering the 36" hard cover is 80 bucks

WhatExit?

Reaction score

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
They're not the same as the 36" Griddle on sale at ACE as they don't have the hinged cover/lid (and maybe the beer opener).
Correct. But it is cheaper so if the lid was ordered later, it would be about the same price overall.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Singleton

Reaction score
So I bought the 17" for the toyhauler and have been trying it out. Works good with the exception of it's not really flat, kind of domed in the middle and the edges don't get as hot. Not a problem cooking meat but if you cook a flat omelet or something watery it runs off towards the cooler edges. 🤷‍♂️

View attachment 878328 View attachment 878329

have the same one for the ToyHauler. Breakfast is super easy and no issues like you experience.
did veggies for carne last weekend and they were awesome.
Wife purchased a 2 burner flat top grill 3 years ago (never used) and going to try that out on the grill this weekend.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
when I look on Ace they don't even have the same model with the lid listed anymore, or am I just missing it? Damn I'm kicking myself for not grabbing one. At $299 it was a hell of a deal compared to the walmart deal for $274 and no lid considering the 36" hard cover is 80 bucks
I saw that yesterday on the website. I called my local store, he said they will get more on June 18th. I assume they will go back on the website when they have them in stock. Assume. LOL

Sent From Tapatalk

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I really liked the idea of a flattop grill.
Wife even wanted one. Looked at all the different brands, found one the wife liked. Ended up cooking breakfast with cast iron on the bbq grill. With a dozen or more pieces of cast iron, and been using them for years, I don't think I need this. How do you bake Apple pie without cast iron?
Carry on...

Dan'l
I cook in cast iron almost exclusively before I had the flat top.

The griddle seems much more convenient, and faster / easier to clean. I will still use cast iron for baking in. The deserts in a dutch over are off the charts.

Sent From Tapatalk

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I bought the 36" version off amazon the end of march.

It showed up missing the bolts,knobs and drip pan. Registered the grill on the blackstone website and called customer service in utah. They were really nice and send me the needed parts except when they showed there was no drip pan even though it was listed on the packing slip...lol

Called my girl back and she was super cool sent me a drip pan and also due to the mistakes sent me the breakfast package for free.

Another great cooking tool we have done some great meals including Teppanyaki for a crowd. Good times

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I need the hood tho. The ace deal.was killer
That can be ordered separate. They have them on Amazon but they seem a bit pricier than I remembered seeing before.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

BlowMe

Reaction score
I bought the 36" version off amazon the end of march.

It showed up missing the bolts,knobs and drip pan. Registered the grill on the blackstone website and called customer service in utah. They were really nice and send me the needed parts except when they showed there was no drip pan even though it was listed on the packing slip...lol

Called my girl back and she was super cool sent me a drip pan and also due to the mistakes sent me the breakfast package for free.

Another great cooking tool we have done some great meals including Teppanyaki for a crowd. Good times

What's the breakfast package?

SHOCKtheMONKEY

Reaction score
have the same one for the ToyHauler. Breakfast is super easy and no issues like you experience.
did veggies for carne last weekend and they were awesome.
Wife purchased a 2 burner flat top grill 3 years ago (never used) and going to try that out on the grill this weekend.

Thanks for the input. Maybe I got a wonky one. I'll give them a call and ask.

I checked this out at Walmart today. Pretty much the same deal Ace had except the cover is different and no bottle opener...

Nordie

Reaction score
I was telling my brother about me ordering one of these units. Yesterday he sends me this picture.

IMG_2863.jpg

He picked everything up at Lowes. I kind of wish that I would have gone this route vs Amazon. I did get confirmation that the griddle will be delivered today though. Blackstone did ship my scour pads and natural gas kit. Might be up and running by this weekend.

I stand corrected he bought at Wal-Mart.

Last edited:

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
This is the first serious thing I plan to make after getting some seasoning laid down

WhatExit?

Reaction score
Finally got the cover I ordered on Amazon...

Blackstone - 1.jpeg

Blackstone - 2.jpeg

This works on Blackstone Griddles with and without the hinged Lid. It comes with a plastic support pole you use if your Griddle doesn't have a Lid.

Unicook makes the best BBQ covers I've seen - got one for the grill too.

Was $25.99 but it's out of stock now.

Unicook 36 inch Blackstone Grill Griddle Cover, Flat Top Cooking Station Grill Cover with Sealed Seam, Outdoor Heavy Duty Waterproof Stove Top Cover, Includes Support Pole to Prevent Water Pooling

Nordie

Reaction score
Finally got the cover I ordered on Amazon...

View attachment 879472

View attachment 879473

This works on Blackstone Griddles with and without the hinged Lid. It comes with a plastic support pole you use if your Griddle doesn't have a Lid.

Unicook makes the best BBQ covers I've seen - got one for the grill too.

Was $25.99 but it's out of stock now.

Unicook 36 inch Blackstone Grill Griddle Cover, Flat Top Cooking Station Grill Cover with Sealed Seam, Outdoor Heavy Duty Waterproof Stove Top Cover, Includes Support Pole to Prevent Water Pooling

Did your's show up yesterday? I ordered mine and Amazon canceled it and said it was undeliverable. Then yesterday it showed up after Amazon issued a refund???

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
What's the breakfast package?

They make a bunch of cool stuff. breakfast kit has egg rings a bacon press and a pancake dispenser.

Here is all the stuff i bought to go with it.

Last edited:

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised Blackstone does not show the 36" all stainless version on their site anymore

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
I noticed cabela's has a 36" model with their name on it. I don't know who makes it for them. I was going to post a link here but they sold out before I got home. I bought my grill two Septembers ago. great for the river. one tip I think i've shared before in a similar thread was that the scraper that comes in the kit is great for burning your knuckles. get a nice stout one with a loooonger handle. your knuckles will thank you. long tongs don't suck either