WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Pirate’s Cove

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
So I’ve heard now twice some stories that Pirates Cove (bar and restaurant) won’t be opening up this year.
Both stories eluded to money and criminal activities. Anyone know anything about this?

Rbcconst

Reaction score
So I’ve heard now twice some stories that Pirates Cove (bar and restaurant) won’t be opening up this year.
Both stories eluded to money and criminal activities. Anyone know anything about this?

There have been 2 discussions of opening soon, some for to go food. A few weeks ago they were deep cleaning the bar. But also heard they let a lot of staff go. However they always have had a high turnover on employees

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Taboma

Reaction score

Speaking of Pirates Cove, well no, I don't know anything about Pirates Coves --- so this is a big fat thread crap 😆
I'm hoping you'll excuse me just once to ask you a train question. 😬
Went up to the Hackberry Ranch last Thursday for some offroading since the lake was such a mess.
Both driving up and back I've never seen so many trains and such long ones. Driving back to Havasu I think we counted one heading west and three heading east.
All we saw had two engines up front, two in the middle and two at the end. Are all but the lead engine slaves ?

Dirty Daytona

Reaction score
Hey Peter speaking of criminal activities at Pirates Cove, last weekend the money collectors came around trying to get 20 bucks from each boat in my group. I pointed to the overflowing trashcan and showed them the trashbag full of trash that I picked up from the beach. I told the dude, "How about you pay me 20 bucks for my services?" He thanked me for picking up the trash and promptly left and didn't charge anyone in our group. The funny thing is nobody ever came around and emptied the trash cans. So what exactly are they charging for if they aren't even picking up the damn trash?

D19

Reaction score
Don't forget the service at Pirates, it sucks too.

Ate at Topoc last Saturday. Waited 30 minutes to sit then 30 minutes for a waitress to bring us menus and offer us drinks. You'd think they'd be doing everything they can to keep customers happy right now. Not really.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I leave fine dining to places not on the Colorado River lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pretty much, food is ok at best. Drinks are horrible! I could live with the above as my expectations on quality are low for Colorado River. However I cant get either because the service is completely horrible and missing

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Hey Peter speaking of criminal activities at Pirates Cove, last weekend the money collectors came around trying to get 20 bucks from each boat in my group. I pointed to the overflowing trashcan and showed them the trashbag full of trash that I picked up from the beach. I told the dude, "How about you pay me 20 bucks for my services?" He thanked me for picking up the trash and promptly left and didn't charge anyone in our group. The funny thing is nobody ever came around and emptied the trash cans. So what exactly are they charging for if they aren't even picking up the damn trash?

Well I’ve paid once and not paid twice, as there’s so many things that say they can try to charge but cannot kick you off the beach.
However the stories I’m talking about even though all same management are that the bar and restaurant won’t be opening, but for them to have someone out to collect cash well yea, if i had a red three button you’d have to be careful as I’d wonder around collecting as well lol.
But yes the cans have been over flowing and blowing for weeks now. Typically the reason we stop at PC is just to dump our trash and give the boy 10 minutes to play. But yea....

hallett21

Reaction score

Ate at Topoc last Saturday. Waited 30 minutes to sit then 30 minutes for a waitress to bring us menus and offer us drinks. You'd think they'd be doing everything they can to keep customers happy right now. Not really.

My coors light out of the tap tasted like strawberry. Not even sure how that’s possible.

What I’ve never been able to understand is why are the bar tenders at foxes and RR usually very responsive and helpful while havasu people hate their jobs?

getoffmylawn

Reaction score
BYOB......... problem solved. Yer welcome 🍻
7F11D0E6-0E2D-4EA0-B81F-8FB1E717058C.png

hallett21

Reaction score
And the beer is never cold at either place...all I want is an ice cold beer, how fukin hard is that to provide to a paying customer?

They need to run the tap lines and head into some sort of freezer/fridge. If that’s even possible ?

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
Well I’ve paid once and not paid twice, as there’s so many things that say they can try to charge but cannot kick you off the beach.
However the stories I’m talking about even though all same management are that the bar and restaurant won’t be opening, but for them to have someone out to collect cash well yea, if i had a red three button you’d have to be careful as I’d wonder around collecting as well lol.
But yes the cans have been over flowing and blowing for weeks now. Typically the reason we stop at PC is just to dump our trash and give the boy 10 minutes to play. But yea....

You only stop ay Pirates is to DUMP your trash?

Singleton

Reaction score

same experience on Sunday. They have a ton of new young staff they just hired and opened to dine in service in under a week. Going to give them a couple weeks before I conclude on what to do. IMO, place was slammed and the new staff was overwhelmed.
my meal was good, wife’s meal was good, daughters food not so good.

Singleton

Reaction score
Lots of leaches over there and it is super shallow, full of rocks.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

have a few select beaches around grandpa beach that we hit. Nice and Sandy, no rocks. Some are on the east side

HCP3

Reaction score
have a few select beaches around grandpa beach that we hit. Nice and Sandy, no rocks. Some are on the east side

He is doing the "Parker is closed" thing for this beach spot.

Looking Glass

Reaction score
same experience on Sunday. They have a ton of new young staff they just hired and opened to dine in service in under a week. Going to give them a couple weeks before I conclude on what to do. IMO, place was slammed and the new staff was overwhelmed.

I have to think where they are located it would be difficult to first get help and then keep them.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
same experience on Sunday. They have a ton of new young staff they just hired and opened to dine in service in under a week. Going to give them a couple weeks before in conclude on what to do. IMO, place was slammed and the new staff was overwhelmed.
My dining expectations when on the water are not high. They all are hit n miss except maybe Pirates, nothing I've eaten there ever made me say yum.

D19

Reaction score

Ya the food was good, the people watching and scenery was nice as usual. I like to sit at the bar because I think that's where you get the best service but we had a large group and the bar stools were removed anyways. I'll keep going back unless it gets way worse.

I think they could have used the downtime to install some more cleats on the docks.

Tank

Reaction score
I don't understand how that place could NOT open back up and NOT be making a bundle. Every single time I've ever been there it's been packed! Shit, it was even busy when we were there in October right before Sunset. Place must be extremely poorly run from a managerial standpoint. It's too bad, it's a great concept, location, etc. I like to go kick it in the channel for a bit as a destination, many times people we're with will go get drinks or a snack. I think since that place has been open I've eaten in there once. Maybe ordered a beer, once. We pack in and pack out everything we need on the water.

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
What is a Red 3 button ??

HBCraig

Reaction score

So Topock is open now?

Any poolside service?

Looking Glass

Reaction score
Pretty much and??? And what do you do other than attempt to nitpick others?? Oh that’s right nothing.

JUST ASKING!! Damn defensive are we? I always find that when someone gets all Pissy when confronted with a simple question, they do feel Guilty. I have owned businesses and was raised that if you are going to use their restroom or other facilities, BUY SOMETHING. I understand those that do not live by that belief, because it's the way Society is now. Let someone else pick it up,clean it up OR pay for it.

Have a Good Summer.

Looking Glass

Reaction score

Singleton

Reaction score
They have to charge to OFFSET all the boaters that DO NOT spend a Dime there, but DO leave their Trash for them to take care of.

You know =Pack it in= Leave it somewhere.

it was free for years! once pirates was built, i noticed a couple things. they added the fee and the beach trash cans are never emptied.
was spending Sunday’s on that beach since 2007, never an issue with the trash until pirates arrived.

Looking Glass

Reaction score
it was free for years! once pirates was built, i noticed a couple things. they added the fee and the beach trash cans are never emptied.
was spending Sunday’s on that beach since 2007, never an issue with the trash until pirates arrived.

I don't see your point?

Hypnautic

Reaction score
no reason to offset costs of boaters. Park Moabi was free until pirates took over the lease and added the fee 2 years ago. before the fee, trash emptied, place was cleaned. With fee, trash full, place is turning into dump.

Park Moabi also had a day beach fee. If you stayed or launched there it was free. They would give you a colored wristband to put on the bow eye. Fee was only $5 and they only collected like every 3rd Saturday and on every 8th boat.

Now Pirates takes over and charges $20. So I can assume $5 for the State and $15 for them.

Fuck Pirates

Joker

Reaction score
JUST ASKING!! Damn defensive are we? I always find that when someone gets all Pissy when confronted with a simple question, they do feel Guilty. I have owned businesses and was raised that if you are going to use their restroom or other facilities, BUY SOMETHING. I understand those that do not live by that belief, because it's the way Society is now. Let someone else pick it up,clean it up OR pay for it.

Have a Good Summer.

He's not using the restroom or any of their facilities. He's simply putting trash in the trash can.

Singleton

Reaction score
Park Moabi also had a day beach fee. If you stayed or launched there it was free. They would give you a colored wristband to put on the bow eye. Fee was only $5 and they only collected like every 3rd Saturday and on every 8th boat.

Now Pirates takes over and charges $20. So I can assume $5 for the State and $15 for them.

Fuck Pirates

I had no problem pay $5 when asked, now @ 20, I just go elsewhere