FYI windsor access this weekend

jones performance

Reaction score
saw this posted on the ole facebook

windsor.jpg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Campbell Cove isn’t going to be happy. That basically bypassed them as the Goto fuel spot

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
Campbell Cove isn’t going to be happy. That basically bypassed them as the Goto fuel spot

That is what I was thinking - it changes the dynamic on industrial that is for sure.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Honestly if Windsor would open both entry lanes it would not even be much of an issue at all. They seem to wait until there is complete gridlock on every surrounding road and then open the second entry lane.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Honestly if Windsor would open both entry lanes it would not even be much of an issue at all. They seem to wait until there is complete gridlock on every surrounding road and then open the second entry lane.

They need a lane for pass holders, and one where RV check ins can happen those take a lot of time.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score

They are saying all business on industrial will remain open? Not sure how that’s gonna work, walk down and fill some gas cans for the boat?

Dirtbag

Reaction score
wow campbell has got to be pisssssssssssed

WildWilly

Reaction score
although I'm not setting foot near a launch ramp this weekend my first thought was the same....wtf did campbell cove do to piss someone off. They are the ones that will really suffer for this.

But I'll admit, last weekend that interesection in to the launch was a cluster. I got in to a little scuffle with 2 cars that thought they'd bypass the line by going straight throught he left turn on industrial going in. Thankfully...when I jumped out of the truck I was greeted by LHPD and casually told me to go ahead and get back in the truck they would handle it. And no...they were not CA plates but NV

gqchris

Reaction score
although I'm not setting foot near a launch ramp this weekend my first thought was the same....wtf did campbell cove do to piss someone off. They are the ones that will really suffer for this.

But I'll admit, last weekend that interesection in to the launch was a cluster. I got in to a little scuffle with 2 cars that thought they'd bypass the line by going straight throught he left turn on industrial going in. Thankfully...when I jumped out of the truck I was greeted by LHPD and casually told me to go ahead and get back in the truck they would handle it. And no...they were not CA plates but NV

Not judging...but do you normally jump out of your vehicle to engage in Road Rage type incidents? Or were you planning on directing traffic? :)

Last edited:

WATERDOG

Eliminator Eagle Flying free in the heavens above!
Reaction score
Still only one lane going in. And with two lanes open and moving faster, won't that just move the grid lock into the parking lot all the way to the ramps. Ramps are already going as fast as they can.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Still only one lane going in. And with two lanes open and moving faster, won't that just move the grid lock into the parking lot all the way to the ramps. Ramps are already going as fast as they can.

It was ridiculous gridlock on the streets, I drove right to the ramp and launched with no line and 3 lanes open. Inside the state park looked like a normal weekend aside from the parking.

I noticed quite a few people put their boats in at Windsor for overnight parking for this morning.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

I think I witnessed front row from the left turn lane On London Bridge Road lol.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
And FWIW you can easily access Campbell Cove the way they have the streets blocked. You can access Campbell Cove from London Bridge Road, then circle back to London Bridge Road via Kiowa to access Windsor.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

BDOC! Love it! Like the nautical pool days.. :D

outboardrick

Reaction score
I thought the guy that set up his BBQ truck in the West Marine parking lot was brilliant! Not so much now......

Last edited:

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Is it to late to say it was GREAT on the Lake Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday!!! Have a great time this weekend guys!! We're going to get up and go down to Rotary with a couple chairs and cooler to pay our respects to the greatest President ever.

Let the shit show begin!!! :D :D :D

Bails

Reaction score

I was two cars behind you. We were all thinking this was going to get interesting. I watched and the Cops didn't do shit to those two cars.

WildWilly

Reaction score
I hadn't done that in quite some time and honestly didn't intend to do it then, but when I decided to go around and pull in front of him the 2 guys in front decided I was in the wrong and gave me the fuck you what are you going to do about so I guess I decided I'd let them know. I'm actually glad the cops were there and cool with me seeing how they saw the whole thing. Just a little of the old days slipped out for a minute lol