WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

IPhone Software Update

Meaney77

Reaction score
Hopefully not a VIN- You guys see this? I turned off my automatic updates.

05F54021-80D6-4A32-B321-A3C1F8A56299.png

gqchris

Reaction score
Yup, and not a damn thing we can do about it. They are already pulling Covid metrics from Cell Phone GPS data to see if people are social distancing.

We have no privacy when using their networks and apps. Just the way it goes and if you read the fine print on all the EULAS, you would be shocked what they allow!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
An API is a key deal that lets different Apps/computers talk to each other securely.

The way I read it, they are just installing an API. It's your choice to install an app that would take advantage of that particular API.

As much as I hate anything Apple, I wouldn't worry to much about it.

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
Saw it yesterday and also turned off auto updates. Pretty sure at some point though the phone will "insist" on being updated. :mad:

sintax

Reaction score
Yup, and not a damn thing we can do about it. They are already pulling Covid metrics from Cell Phone GPS data to see if people are social distancing.

We have no privacy when using their networks and apps. Just the way it goes and if you read the fine print on all the EULAS, you would be shocked what they allow!

yup, 100% on all of this.

if you have a smart phone they already have ALLLLLLL your info an metrics, you signed your life (and rights) away years ago when you got that first iphone / droid

but as all the clowns would say "what do you got to hide?? if you're not doing anything wrong theres nothing to worry about"

95Enforcer

Reaction score
Did the update and now my face id doesn't work and can’t even reset it up now. Now I have to use a passcode again. This is BS.