So what does it for you??

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
What gets your adrenaline flowing???

When i was a kid, it was running from the cops! lol

Then building fast cars. (And still ruining from the cops) hehe

Then someone told me one day...

You think that car is so fucking fast don't you. How about you jump on the back of my Kawi 750 tripple and go for a ride?

Almost shit my pants. Street bikes it was!! That has always been a huge rush.

Then I found the river/parker/sundance. Water skiing on glass behind a set of Bassett's and lots of alcohol and drugs. Nuf said. You guys that were there, know what I mean.

Then quads, desert riding and guns. That was a pretty fun phase.

Then to my quads, but the sand this time. Finding flat sand is just like finding flat glass. 5th gear pinned. That works.

Then hiking and stuff with my kids. Everything about the Sierras. The back country will take your breath away and let you know your alive.

Then my Harley. The V-Rod will definitely raise your blood pressure.

Driving my buddies Stoker now days. Yeah, that's the ticket. Pushing 100 on the water will do it for sure. Then watching the sun go down on the water with an ICDB. Sigh. That's heaven.

I'm sure some of you guys have better stories than me. Let's hear em!!

My high school car, that I may or may not have run from a cop or two in. 406 FE. Not a 289. :cool:

2792_1091973452938_8085525_n.jpg

sirbob

Reaction score
I remember once out near Cooks Corner in the late 70's when we were riding our dirt bikes and came across a OC Sheriff in one of those old school orange Broncos they used to drive.

We baited him into chasing us down a trail we knew he could pass through. He got stuck - high sided on the frame at the peak of a ridge. We looked back acting like -oh were trying to catch up to us??? Then went back and acting surprised he was behind us. We helped him get unstuck and let him tell us we shouldn't be riding there!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Kawasaki 750cc two-stroke triple, had to check my memory bank for that one. my X - BIL had one. Damn near killed myself on that. had it out on 395, for the time (1970's) not much was faster...all I ride now is my Beach cruizer...

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Growing up in the early 70's at age 12 I was at one of my buddies house and we were sifting through his dad's garage, which was full of all kinda of fun stuff, and stumbled across his older brothers Yamaha R5. Drug that thing out, aired up the tires top off the fuel tank and commenced to terrorize the neighborhood. That think would get my blood pumping every time it hit the power band. Fast forward to 1979 and bought an RD400 Daytona Special and terrorized PCH from LB to Newport. Fast forward again to 2007 and got an RD500 which was a blast to ride. Now I'm without bikes and boat's...

1590182750848.png

IMG_2332.JPG

17.jpg

zhandfull

Reaction score
BMX bike racing, boats, drag cars, road course cars and now small airplanes. Pretty much in that order. I will never be rich, spend to damn much money.

rrrr

Reaction score
Then someone told me one day...

You think that car is so fucking fast don't you. How about you jump on the back of my Kawi 750 tripple and go for a ride?

Almost shit my pants. Street bikes it was!! That has always been a huge rush.

LOL, when I was in high school a buddy bought a 500 triple, and a week later he was making runs up the four lane street my house backed up to, showing me how fast it went.

That was cool until a car changed lanes in front of him and he buried the bike in its trunk. The handlebars were bent in a perfect forward vee, he flew over the car, landed on his ass on the street, and shredded his jeans while braking.

:D :D :D

Nordie

Reaction score
a couple few things...

Narrowly escaping death.
Hooking into a big fish and once it's landed.
Hauling ass in anything whether on the water, air, or land. Even though I only fly commercial I feel that rush when the plane starts to take off.
Fist fights

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
a couple few things...

Narrowly escaping death.
Hooking into a big fish and once it's landed.
Hauling ass in anything whether on the water, air, or land. Even though I only fly commercial I feel that rush when the plane starts to take off.
Fist fights
Fist Fights? No wonder your a rod bender iron worker. 👹

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
Slalom skiing on the water gave way to doing it on the snow. Had to give up snow because my leg muscles can't do what my brain has planned. I'm nearly 60 years old and 6'6" my quads just can't stop my bulk at speed. I can still water ski better than most but I can't go for 5 mile runs anymore.
Racing dirt bikes however remains a guilty pleasure and few things are as rewarding as a hole shot in the open class or railing the outside berm feet up and laying over. That shit never gets old. The looks I get sometimes when I'm riding my 73 CZ are priceless and I get to share the hobby with my son. He even lets me ride his RMZ. A modern powerband is a beautiful thing but the smell of bean oil makes me smile ear to ear.
I hate heights but have jumped off of some ridiculously high cliffs near Cottonwood Cove. The water was so clear in the late 70's that you could see giant boulders underwater, but no matter how high you jumped from, you couldn't go deep enough to touch them.
I've had a couple near death experiences in cars. One time running from the man, in an Olds station wagon, through the orange groves, at night, with no headlights so he couldn't follow me. Once lost all the steering in my Toyota truck when the ball joint seperated from the steering box arm. No cotter pin from the factory.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Slalom skiing on the water gave way to doing it on the snow. Had to give up snow because my leg muscles can't do what my brain has planned. I'm nearly 60 years old and 6'6" my quads just can't stop my bulk at speed. I can still water ski better than most but I can't go for 5 mile runs anymore.
Racing dirt bikes however remains a guilty pleasure and few things are as rewarding as a hole shot in the open class or railing the outside berm feet up and laying over. That shit never gets old. The looks I get sometimes when I'm riding my 73 CZ are priceless and I get to share the hobby with my son. He even lets me ride his RMZ. A modern powerband is a beautiful thing but the smell of bean oil makes me smile ear to ear.
I hate heights but have jumped off of some ridiculously high cliffs near Cottonwood Cove. The water was so clear in the late 70's that you could see giant boulders underwater, but no matter how high you jumped from, you couldn't go deep enough to touch them.
I've had a couple near death experiences in cars. One time running from the man, in an Olds station wagon, through the orange groves, at night, with no headlights so he couldn't follow me. Once lost all the steering in my Toyota truck when the ball joint seperated from the steering box arm. No cotter pin from the factory.

I kinda forgot I did years of snow skiing as well. Carving a perfect turn up in Mammoth is definitely a rush. Baldy, Snow Summit, Mt High. All really fun.

As a shop Foreman at Longo, I didn't have to be at work till 1pm when I worked the late shift. I would go snow skiing in the winter and jet skiing in the summer, in the morning, before I had to be at work. That was a pretty good schedule, now that I look back at it!

I have no clue why at the moment, but one year we were up in Mammoth, with 2 3-wheelers in the back of my buddies truck.

Late in the day, I asked a ski patrol guy if we could ride them on the mountain for a bit. He thought about it and ended up saying, sure, go ahead!

We spent maybe 30 min racing around in the snow. They didn't run too good, but we had a blast anyway.

Mhemperly

Reaction score
That's awesome! Is it a NGX?

And is that a PC-24 in the background?
That's awesome! Is it a NGX?

And is that a PC-24 in the background?

This one is an NG. Just took delivery in December. The company will be ordering an NGX as soon as they can. And yes that’s a PC-24 in the background. Fun jet! We were the second company in the US to get one.

If you want to see the 24 in action check out my chief pilots YouTube channel “planejunkies”.

Mike

rrrr

Reaction score
Flying anything whether it has wings or blades.......

They would have been money ahead if they had set the bike on fire and rode out tandem on one of the others!

:D

530RL

Reaction score
They would have been money ahead if they had set the bike on fire and rode out tandem on one of the others!

:D

The bike broke and they rode out the previous day and left the bike there to get parts. I dropped the guy off with parts to fix it and ride it back out. He happened to be the local Rolls Royce turbine rep so having him available to stop by anytime was well worth it.

It’s hard to find things to do and a reason to go so if someone loses a horse, or someone has a breakdown many people in town know that if I am around and have time, I’ll go burn some jet-a helping out.

I sold that 530 a long time ago but my buddies say I should put stickers on the side of whatever I own at the time. It would have a lot of horse stickers as those things get lost a lot for some reason.

wallnutz

Reaction score
So I have been 160 on water, 145 off-road, 175 on pavement. Speed still does it for me, but don't really have the desire to go that fast anymore. Flying is still a rush, but haven't done that for awhile either. So I guess hauling ass in the dunes is what is doing it for me now. Thought about building a straight line car, but I would want to limit it. But like the wife says, it's easier said than done.

DWC

Reaction score
Won’t lie. I get a little sketchy at high speeds in anything. Boat, car, SXS. Flying is fine when it’s smooth. Guessing it would be different if i was in control. For me it’s any kind of competition. Played softball 4-5 times a week for too long, picked up golf and went to the range 2-3 times a week and played on weekends. Did Jiu Jitsu for 12ish years. Nothing better for getting all stress and aggression out of your system. The ultimate is work. Anything that’s measured i kill myself and my team to be first. Hate to lose and anything that matters.

DC-88

Reaction score
Surfing good waves over live coral, piloting a v drive, work, my chick, and the fact that my kids want to hang out with me (not necessarily in that order) . Everything else is just gravy on top .......

rrrr

Reaction score
I always like seeing your posts of those barefoot runs at dawn.

hawgty55

Reaction score
Currently looking for my next fix in the adrenaline department but as a dad turning 40! for now the excitement of my kids when they excel or achieve there goals is spectacular!

Joe mama

Reaction score
Kawasaki 750cc two-stroke triple, had to check my memory bank for that one. my X - BIL had one. Damn near killed myself on that. had it out on 395, for the time (1970's) not much was faster...all I ride now is my Beach cruizer...
I remember Harry from Trinity Cycle had one of those in a rigid frame three wheeler. Crazy

evantwheeler

Reaction score
Driving a rock crawler, dirt bike, mountain bike, or sand rail. The puzzle of visually surveying the terrain, knowing the limits of your machine (which I have had some hand in modifying for optimizing its potential for my use) and physical control of said machine, and putting together a ride/trail that flows with some rhythm is the only time in my life I can shut off the monkey mind and only focus on the immediate task on hand. It is when I am at the most peace. Speed alone does nothing for me, its all about the rhythm.

rrrr

Reaction score
I remember Harry from Trinity Cycle had one of those in a rigid frame three wheeler. Crazy

That must have been crazy. :D

It reminds me of former IndyCar driver Tom Sneva's golf cart. He had someone put a big motorcycle engine in it. The stories he told me about ripping around golf courses in the Phoenix area were epic.