WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

POLL - Lake Havasu Channel Open it or Keep it Closed?

Keep the Lake Havasu Channel Closed or Open it up for mooring?

• Yes, Keep it Closed

Votes: 25 22.7%
  • No , Open it back up

Votes: 85 77.3%

• Total voters

MonkeyButt70

Reaction score
Curious what people think about the channel being open or closed?, for me at first I was not happy about it being closed, but I have to say it has been nice hanging out on the channel beach with beers in hand and my chair in the water on the busy days watching the boats drive by and the water staying clear and not full of crap. I prefer it to be open but I have talked to a few people that say keep it closed for the reasons I mentioned.

Last edited:

MonkeyButt70

Reaction score
Are you for real?

Open that shit up and stop the pussification of our nation!
That is why im asking, I do not think it has to to do with pussification of our nation, this is a separate issue from the lock down, which I have been an active protestor in ending the lockdown.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
Keep it closed!!!!!

Just kidding!!!! 😂 I go to Parker instead of Havasu.

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
I really think there should be a time limit on boats mooring in the Channel, at least a part of it.

PlanB

Reaction score
We rarely hang out in the channel, but we do like to go when it's quiet or at night. Sometimes we take the dogs at night so they can cool off in the summer heat. Sometimes we take dinner out on the boat and park down there and eat. It's nice having a lighted place to beach at night, or a beach I can idle to from the marina if I don't feel like going too far.

The only people I have really seen advocating to keep it closed are locals that can't afford boats (their words, not mine). If the reason for closing it was social distancing, well, the cooler draggers are hanging out in closer proximity to each other than people sitting on boats. The channel was made popular by people parking their boats there. Not too long ago, before the park existed on the island, a boat was the only easy way to get there (other than a 4x4).

Open in back up!

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Keep it closed and let the local people have a nice sandy beach to play on. Yes, I own a couple boats and live local. It's nice to motor thru and not see the shit in the water.

Reaction score
this is the most POINTLESS poll that has even been posted...

how about a 3rd, choice, fill it with sand...

RD SUX

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I don’t care really. Don’t usually hang out in the channel, but people like it and there is no difference between boats and easy ups.

what I can say is,the water is sure a lot cleaner driving through when no boast are parked.

240Hallett

Reaction score
The social distancing reasoning obviously isn’t working but it is a really convenient time for a social experiment and maybe a little conditioning.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
That is why im asking, I do not think it has to to do with pussification of our nation, this is a separate issue from the lock down, which I have been an active protestor in ending the lockdown.

Uhh...It's a direct result from the lockdown....how could it be a separate issue?

I , and every other patriot, appreciate your help in protesting this bullshit over reach!

MonkeyButt70

Reaction score
Uhh...It's a direct result from the lockdown....how could it be a separate issue?

I , and every other patriot, appreciate your help in protesting this bullshit over reach!
I’m not asking in the vain of the lockdown and keeping it locked down for that reason. It is more of a social experiment and curiosity of asking the river community, the people I have talked with are on both sides of keeping it closed for the reason of how nice it has been for them. So please don’t think it was covid related i did not mean it that way. And for the record I’m on the side of “KEEP IT OPEN”

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
tenor (2).gif

Groper

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how the Channel "Water Cannon" activity goes for the next few days with either an increase or decrease in assaults 😬

Edited: Open it :cool:

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Open it back up and let the boats park.
It will be interesting to see if spreading the party zones all over The lake is going to spread emergency services thinner than usual. 🤔

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I do not think it is pointless. It is a legitimate question. Because more than a few people I have talked too have been very opinionated about it.

It's pointless because you did it wrong...

RDSUX must always be a poll option.

And...

The other option should have been...

I don't give a fuck one way or the other!

That one woulda got my vote...

😁

PlanB

Reaction score
Just saw a pic posted on FB of LHCPD writing tickets to people beached in front of Kings View.

PlanB

Reaction score
^^^ Retarded that boats are still restricted but canopies on top of each other are okay.

Shortdeck

Reaction score
I haven’t have a chance to launch my boat this year. But I like the idea of having it closed especially for the locals. Not everyone has a boat. The Channel offers a better swimming hole and beach than Body Beach, That Beach, and Rotary Park since it’s protected from the weather and has a no wake zone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cxr

Reaction score
i vote to keep it closed because we were there last weekend and it was so relaxing the water appears cleaner. and it was great just stiing on the beach with an EZUP and chairs. paddleboarders and kayakers going by and a steady stream boat show just passing through.

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
i vote to keep it closed because we were there last weekend and it was so relaxing the water appears cleaner. and it was great just stiing on the beach with an EZUP and chairs. paddleboarders and kayakers going by and a steady stream boat show just passing through.
Just curious - do you own a boat ?

PlanB

Reaction score
I don't get how the water can be cleaner when you still have boat traffic, and you still have a shitload of people packed on the beach. It may look more clear because you don't have boats stirring up the sand when beaching, but I really doubt it's cleaner.

Tank

Reaction score
FYI. no beaching ain’t doing a mutha fuckin thang. Channel is PACKED!!!!
BDFE37C8-C7D7-4429-A761-A11F4052D061.png

Groper

Reaction score
Let me guess you had a cup of Chi Tea from Starbucks in your hand while enjoying the Kayakers o_O

cxr

Reaction score
I don't get how the water can be cleaner when you still have boat traffic, and you still have a shitload of people packed on the beach. It may look more clear because you don't have boats stirring up the sand when beaching, but I really doubt it's cleaner.

I used the word "appear" i dunno it didnt have that Oil and gas sheen though
from the pictures it wa snot as crowded as it is today.

cxr

Reaction score
Saw this on FB... not sure what the purpose of “No Mooring in the Channel” is ... it sure isn’t for social distancing 🙄

All of the boats are in the Bay now ... I’m sure it’s fun to weave through there now?!! 🤨

View attachment 880034

holy crap... usually that crowded for fireworks tho

Groper

Reaction score
Saw this on FB... not sure what the purpose of “No Mooring in the Channel” is ... it sure isn’t for social distancing 🙄

All of the boats are in the Bay now ... I’m sure it’s fun to weave through there now?!! 🤨

View attachment 880034
Bahahahah WOW Hol le Fuc, a friend of mine launched @6:30 am for this o_O
I'll be cruising through that on Wednesday..........................NOT so much ;)