WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Post your Trump parade pics here

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score
IMG_20200523_062400065_HDR.jpg

Singleton

Reaction score
Windsor closed @ 815am. At it’s Covid-19 capacity.

Riverryder

Reaction score
So are these long lines for free launch sites?
Or are they the ones you pay to launch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DWC

Reaction score
Just under an hour to launch. Pretty smooth getting Olin the water. Wind kicked up a bit so it may make for an interesting afternoon. We shot around the island for a quick spin. The chop just past site six was not much fun.
CDB47476-F22D-4217-8FCF-A13694B17E16.jpeg
077FC791-6B4F-4B79-A01D-82F65E35E1C1.jpeg
4D23411B-14DE-480C-AE44-95B1750DC2EE.jpeg
DEF94208-B320-42FC-9526-5C3174DE2CBF.jpeg

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Lots of people are leaving their boats and truck overnight at Windsor and getting an Uber home as a way to avoid the lines in the morning, I think that’s a dick move, but the Rangers seem to allow it.

Singleton

Reaction score
Lots of people are leaving their boats and truck overnight at Windsor and getting an Uber home as a way to avoid the lines in the morning, I think that’s a dick move, but the Rangers seem to allow it.

read somewhere you pay overnight fee ($5) and next day daily pass when you do this.
if staying at a hotel I would consider this.

day like these make me put up with the Nautical timeshare BS or cherish my islander summer spot

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
might be a reason I am in Carlsbad.
Based on my last two trips, Fathers Day is going to be a CF as well. Might be a Friday boat, pool Saturday and boat Sunday trip.
This year is the first time in 6 years that we are not going to Fathers Day weekend.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

HgH Vltg

Reaction score
It’s crazy, I bought a 28’ boat last year thinking, the bigger the better to handle the chop. Now seeing 40’ fountains, and all the center consoles, I think I should have gone bigger haha.

Everyone have a blast and be safe.

Tank

Reaction score
Limiting windsor ramp is maybe the most retarded thing I’ve heard recently.

A - people are still gonna launch just go somewhere else to do it
B - it fucks traffic up all over the city
C - what’s it accomplishing exactly?! Fuckin stupid ass politicians!

Makes zero sense.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score

Makes zero sense.
Not a city thing but a State Parks deal.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score

Makes zero sense.
How about the channel? Saw @Wendi on FB live and there were EZ ups everywhere with large groups and people on top of each other. How is that any different than boats being in there??? Social distancing was definitely happening.....[emoji849][emoji849][emoji849]

These people "running" things are idiots for sure.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score

Makes zero sense.

It’s a Mickey Mouse policy....in fact I saw him a few pictures up!:D.....

PlanB

Reaction score
How about the channel? Saw @Wendi on FB live and there were EZ ups everywhere with large groups and people on top of each other. How is that any different than boats being in there??? Social distancing was definitely happening.....[emoji849][emoji849][emoji849]

Typical Havasu. Always some stupid shit going on out there. Sometimes we think about selling out and buying a place on the water up river.

Springfield

Reaction score

Mayor's new tent city......... 🤣

Springfield

Reaction score
Typical Havasu. Always some stupid shit going on out there. Sometimes we think about selling out and buying a place on the water up river.

It's not rocket science just self serving politicians. Any blind person can see that a 10x10 tent side by side with another, lined the channel, each having 10 people in the tent and another 10 in front in the water versus boats tied with 3-4 foot separation and possibly 8-10 people. Math doesn't add up but local votes at election do. My .02 for the day.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
That last pic is both awesome and frightening! That's a whole lot of floating people. Part of me wanted to stay out this weekend...big weekends always meant the "Big Boys" roll in. Big twin I/O's, wackers and up river blown flatty's. Laying low this weekend. Figured the previous weekends have been a shit show, so a holiday will just be insane.

Thank you all for the pics. Hopefully more coming.

Your ad here

Reaction score
Badass. Glad to see people living the American way having a good time and exercising their freedom. It would be sweet if all the boaters did full throttle rev up at the same time.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Like nothing i have ever seen here before. Grid lock. Cops shut the channel. Then reopened.
Complete shit show. But everyone behaved
I dunno how many boats in the bay, few thousand maybe
I was on shore right where they shut it down. IMO they shut it down for good reason, some one was going to get hurt. Many, many, many boats with people on the deck making sure no boat bumped another, so something had to be done. It look's like no one was hurt and that from what 6 of us saw is a miracle. The police had NO other option in my eyes.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I was on shore right where they shut it down. IMO they shut it down for good reason, some one was going to get hurt. Many, many, many boats with people on the deck making sure no boat bumped another, so something had to be done. It look's like no one was hurt and that from what 6 of us saw is a miracle. The police had NO other option in my eyes.

The entrance was a cluster f for sure. I wish people woulda gone in single file.

That said I have to say I was really impressed with a lot of people’s driving skills today.. It restored my faith in boaters!

there’s always a couple, and unfortunately they kinda made a mess of things right in front o. Us.
Mike Dufrese did a good job dealing with spooled up right in front of us..

even though it was a shit show, everyone was very polite and helping each other. First class from our group that was heading in.

Last edited:

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I'm sure a prudent move by leo so each got through safe.

River Runnin

Reaction score
Figured since I have a Blue sticker and a Metal boat I'd go through with the first few! 😆 Spun the Bridge, out the other side then came back through for the start!! ..... WTF! Figured I had the most flags I might as well open er up!🤣