WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Motors for sale ?

702sandman

Reaction score
Anyone have any low low hour Teague motors for sale or maybe a nice blue motor ? Hp 500 etc ?

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Contact Alexi at Boostpower. He told me he had some used stuff and takeout stuff recently. @BoostPower

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

702sandman

Reaction score
That 496HO in the Magic hurting already
Nope Runs great just thinking About adding a whipple or maybe a hp500 etc... not looking for a speed demon just more power to plane easier when I have a full load and if I want to hit 80 I can. Just looking at options

Singleton

Reaction score
Nope Runs great just thinking About adding a whipple or maybe a hp500 etc... not looking for a speed demon just more power to plane easier when I have a full load and if I want to hit 80 I can. Just looking at options

talk to @BoostPower - they have a few things that wake up a 496HO.
I did the Whipple ECU Phase 2 update and did not re-flash when my ECU crystal failed (soot on swim steps). With your setup, you have options to increase midrange punch and not have those same concerns as I did.

if I was ever to do something again to the 496, Alexi would get the call!

BoostPower

Staff member
Reaction score
I did the Whipple ECU Phase 2 update and did not re-flash when my ECU crystal failed (soot on swim steps). With your setup, you have options to increase midrange punch and not have those same concerns as I did.

. I like 496’s

Sent from my Efi Beacon!

702sandman

Reaction score

I emailed Alexi and we are working on getting on me dialed 👍👍

Hardcore1

Reaction score
We have a boost ready 496HO for sale

496 Block Thermally cleaned and magged, bored and honed +030 then square decked and mainline checked
Crank magged and checked for straight and micro polished STD/STD
Rods Scat forged Pro I beam 4340
Pistons Wiseco Pro-Tru forged with coated skirts
Rings Wiseco Moly
Timing set Melling roller
Cam Mercruiser HO (or Custom your choice)
Lifters Comp Cams
Oil pump Melling HV
Head gaskets Cometic MLS
Heads thermal cleaned and magged, New stainless steel 1 piece valves, 4/3 angle valve job and surfaced
Crane gold roller rockers and ARP rocker studs
Mercusier Marine oil pan
Mercuiser intake manifold

This engine is assembled but there are different cam gears and timing covers for cam sensor depending on year manufactured, we have all configurations and can change cam gear and timing cover to suit your application! this is important as the engine will not match your ECU and will not run without correct configuration!

Exchange $8500
No exchange $10,000

Pictures and full AD here

702sandman

Reaction score
Still looking for a nice low hour blue motor if anyone has one let me know

danben111

Reaction score

We always have Misc and new. Email [email protected] direct to me. Thanks

Sent from my Efi Beacon!

im looking at a boat with a Teague 900 in it. Has 370ish hours. Owner says it’s never been touched as far as a rebuild. I was wondering what it Costs to rebuild a motor like that as well as the Teague drive?
would I be better selling the motor and drive off and installing a 565 Merc and XR? What could I sell the Teague package for?

Reactions: DWC

DWC

Reaction score
Curious, what kind of quotes you’re getting. I’m sitting at 275ish-hrs on 525’s. Most probably will refresh and move on. There’s always the temptation to give it a little more. My 2cents. Your boat looks awesome as is. If you’re going to keep it long term then keep up the search for a blue motor. If you’re not sure put on a 22p and deal with the slower planing time with a full load. Add trim tabs if you’re planning on tubing/etc. The 496 package is awesome. Great on fuel. Maintenance cost is next to nothing.

702sandman

Reaction score
Curious, what kind of quotes you’re getting. I’m sitting at 275ish-hrs on 525’s. Most probably will refresh and move on. There’s always the temptation to give it a little more. My 2cents. Your boat looks awesome as is. If you’re going to keep it long term then keep up the search for a blue motor. If you’re not sure put on a 22p and deal with the slower planing time with a full load. Add trim tabs if you’re planning on tubing/etc. The 496 package is awesome. Great on fuel. Maintenance cost is next to nothing.

I feel like this is definitely a keeper boat for me so I was really hoping to find a nice 525 and add a whipple to it down the road. The 496 will work for now but I definitely want to add some ponies soon.

BoostPower

Staff member
Reaction score
im looking at a boat with a Teague 900 in it. Has 370ish hours. Owner says it’s never been touched as far as a rebuild. I was wondering what it Costs to rebuild a motor like that as well as the Teague drive?
would I be better selling the motor and drive off and installing a 565 Merc and XR? What could I sell the Teague package for?

13-15k is typical the way we do it with new parts

Sent from my Efi Beacon!

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
. I like 496’s

Sent from my Efi Beacon!
That polished Whipple sure would look good on top of my 49Sux, don’t think i have the forward room tho 😭
1B82DF67-D97E-4060-B900-1A0912A9CE8C.jpeg

But i need 650-750 hp in my boat too.

LonelyCatMan

Reaction score
Anyone sell their 496 complete lately? I'm curious what I'll be able to get back after my motor swap.

Jonhuh

Reaction score
0A7C1C76-342A-45B4-84F3-35A77E15A782.jpeg

I have this 496ci GT Engine. With tailpipes for bravo application. SCX also available