WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Newscum Dictating Future CA Police Practices?

Backlash

Reaction score
I dont have much information yet, but heard Newscum made a statement about what he referred to as "The Stranglehold." He stated this "Technique" is being addressed with POST and he is proposing the removal of this control hold from the training curriculum of law enforcement officials.

Newscum is incorrectly referring to the "Lateral Vascular Neck Restraint (LVNR)," also known as "The Carotid" or "Chokehold." He obviously doesn't understand the technique and is using the unfortunate death of Mr. Floyd as a reason to attempt to remove this technique from the training curriculum.

My opinion is, he is uninformed (As usual), and the removal of this technique from law enforcement training will further limit an officer's ability to restrain a combative subject. There are a greater number of things to consider prior to permanently removing this control technique from the law enforcement training curriculum.

Instead of completely removing this option from the training curriculum, why not train people how to correctly utilize the technique???

These knee jerk types of decisions infuriate me because if this is passed, it will not only increase the number of officers/deputies who are injured, it will also increase the number of lethal force encounters that we see. This in turn will also lead to an increase in civil lawsuits as officers and deputies are forced to resort to other force options or techniques which could cause greater injury to a subject.

This is just another example of how police officers and deputies hands will be further tied while they try to perform their duties to protect and serve the people of this state.

🤬

fmo24

Reaction score
Is a tazer considered non-lethal ? Why not make that an early response?

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Is a tazer considered non-lethal ? Why not make that an early response?
Its not as effective as Hollywood would like to make you believe. Heavy clothing can damn near eliminate its effectiveness. Depending on where the shock is administered could severely reduce the effectiveness as well at which case the officer is now in a further compromised position to defend themselves.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Backlash

Reaction score
The Taser is an effective tool that when used under the right circumstances, works well. But there are also times when a Taser is not the appropriate tool or the Taser is unavailable. I have witnessed instances where the Taser has been ineffective. Some officers and deputies may not have access to a Taser for a number of reasons, while other who have deployed a Taser have been disappointed by the effectiveness of the Taser. The Taser is an option, but it is NOT the "End all be all" tool for LEO. It works great until it doesn't.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
It was a great tool if you grapple and practice regularly.
It has been a Deadly Force only option since the 80’s for LAPD.
I used it once on guy with a knife. Put him out in 15 seconds
Came too in cuffs , no issues

I’ll just do contact shots to head from now on, no other options if you are losing a ground fight or your partner is getting choked out .

Dirty Daytona

Reaction score
I dont have much information yet, but heard Newscum made a statement about what he referred to as "The Stranglehold." He stated this "Technique" is being addressed with POST and he is proposing the removal of this control hold from the training curriculum of law enforcement officials.

Newscum is incorrectly referring to the "Lateral Vascular Neck Restraint (LVNR)," also known as "The Carotid" or "Chokehold." He obviously doesn't understand the technique and is using the unfortunate death of Mr. Floyd as a reason to attempt to remove this technique from the training curriculum.

My opinion is, he is uninformed (As usual), and the removal of this technique from law enforcement training will further limit an officer's ability to restrain a combative subject. There are a greater number of things to consider prior to permanently removing this control technique from the law enforcement training curriculum.

Instead of completely removing this option from the training curriculum, why not train people how to correctly utilize the technique???

These knee jerk types of decisions infuriate me because if this is passed, it will not only increase the number of officers/deputies who are injured, it will also increase the number of lethal force encounters that we see. This in turn will also lead to an increase in civil lawsuits as officers and deputies are forced to resort to other force options or techniques which could cause greater injury to a subject.

This is just another example of how police officers and deputies hands will be further tied while they try to perform their duties to protect and serve the people of this state.

🤬
You want to talk about kneejerk reactions? Apparently our department beat Newsome to it because we received a department wide directive yesterday saying we are now prohibited from using the carotid restraint hold......period. Thank God I'm retiring in a year and a half. I wont say what department but it's a very large sheriff's department in Southern California. What a crock of shit!!!!!

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score

🤬
He understands how to open a wine bottle, that’s about it.

Backlash

Reaction score
100 hour work weeks are great aren't they!! 😁👍

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
How about this....outlaw all criminal activity? Oh, wait they already tried that. SMH

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Batton Lives Matter!

More night sticks, less hand to hand. They work very well.... and it's a natural, renewable construction for the warm fuzzies.