WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Help me find Kwicherbichen

NorcalGarage73

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am the oldest son of Gary Carroll who built and drove Kwicherbichen in the late 60s early 70s. Unfortunately this was all before my time as my dad likes to remind me that I was born in the wrong era. He is now 76 years old and doing well. I would love to track down the original hull if at all possible. Many of you are a lot more connected then I am in the boat world as I am heavily involved in the car world. Here is a picture of the boat while my dad was racing it. I will post up more info about the boat once I collect it. Thank you

Attachments

• 4A3EB0A5-9CA6-4F08-8F3E-8108B331E0BD.jpeg
    4A3EB0A5-9CA6-4F08-8F3E-8108B331E0BD.jpeg
    295.3 KB · Views: 291
Reaction score
I'm almost your dads age. the Kwicherbichen boat has been talked about on the old performance boat forums. clay smith has/had the motor mounts, v-drive, plates and the like. PB Forums didn't know where the motors (2) went. PB forums thought the hull caught fire and its gone. going by memory so...
I had some pics of Kwicherbichen on photobucket but my account got deleted.
really hope you get more info, Good Luck

Reaction score
these guy's were talking about the boat. once you post something on the web it's always there...

Last edited:

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am the oldest son of Gary Carroll who built and drove Kwicherbichen in the late 60s early 70s. Unfortunately this was all before my time as my dad likes to remind me that I was born in the wrong era. He is now 76 years old and doing well. I would love to track down the original hull if at all possible. Many of you are a lot more connected then I am in the boat world as I am heavily involved in the car world. Here is a picture of the boat while my dad was racing it. I will post up more info about the boat once I collect it. Thank you

Good luck with your search. I'd really enjoy see more pix and any additional information that you may have. 👍👍

Maybe @Clank123 has some insight.

You need to post this in the lounge for maximum exposure.

Last edited:
Reaction score
just remembered that guy on PB forums that called himself the circle jerk, he had a wickens whirlwind. if he is here I don't know his screen name. but he was the wickens/aquacraft historian.

NorcalGarage73

Reaction score
The boat that my dad set most of the records in was the Wickens boat. He also flipped a loaner boat which I can post pictures of later and ran a few single engine boats. The one that he is most famous for is the twin engine 454s by my understanding(my dad mentioned LS7s potentially). I’ll share more as time goes on. Does Dave from the other page have those pictures still?

Reaction score
found another pic. posted by sangster from PB forums, it has the watermark so maybe he still has them. he made boats named abbottcraft. junior hydro

the engines in this boat look like small blocks (350) but I'm no mechanic.

I remember your dad's boat sales/repair/parts shop north san jose

2kwicherbichen_original_02.jpg
2kwicherbichen_original.jpg

Last edited:

Clank123

Reaction score
Thank you for sending me a message on this.
Of course I remember the boat. It is definitely one of the iconic boats of that era.
I have nothing to add to this thread but the hope that it is hidden away someplace waiting to see the daylight again.
I have been fortunate to restore/rebuild a few famous v-drives over the years...Panic Mouse, Renegade, Banzai etc...the really cool thing was they were tucked away and almost forgotten and BOOM! one day there they are.
Fortunately most of the rigging was there, and in the case of your Dad’s boat obviously that would be a big plus!
If/When you find the boat I would love to help you anyway I can. It will help that your Dad would be around to remember details of the install and pictures are worth a thousand words.
I have some experience with dual engine set ups even like your dad had...I knew Dode Martin of Dragmaster fame and spent time with him when he recreated the TwoThing dragster from the 60’s.
Don’t give up. Keep shaking the bushes you never know!

47DA7A81-5DF6-4825-BCF0-98B2BA7DB398.jpeg

Panic Mouse

5CAD34C3-E0FC-414E-8D42-F79FF63C69E0.jpeg

Renegade

CF177FE6-CE8C-4D15-9312-88B099D74A57.png

Banzai

Currently I’ve been commissioned by the Lions Drag Strip Mueseum to restore the Blown Fuel Hydro Shockwave, that was driving by Gary Gabelich...Boat has been re-rigged and is at Krazy Kolors now...
It was found in a barn up in the Central Valley!
Like I said...never give up, ya never know!
87DAAA08-1E2B-4170-8986-6BF05CB0604E.jpeg

DBFEC0FE-29B1-4F6F-BA7F-8BA196CED7BE.jpeg

8491DE4E-1145-44D2-8F1C-D29DBEE2DCB7.jpeg

659BB193-9DE0-4AB0-B646-C2AB872C9A08.jpeg