WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Quick PSA from RDP to ALL MEMBERS regarding Doom and Gloom - Virus / BLM Movement - Please Read

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I have instructed the IT guys to change the name of the Corona Virus to : Doom And Gloom - Corona Virus / BLM Movement.

I had initially hoped that this BLM thing was gonna be a flash in the pan and just kinda go away.. It is clear to me that there is gonna be major incident after major incident all the way to the election in November at this point. While I feel the issues are extremely important, and I have no problem having spirited conversations regarding all the topics, RDP as a website is supposed to be a place to escape work for a few minutes a day... In order to "brighten" ones day, not make ya fell any worse.

Throughout the course of the Corona Virus, it got to the point where I was moving 10-15 threads a day out of the lounge and into that section.. It is time consuming, and some of them are difficult to discern which section to even put them in either politics or other. With that said, it is a lot easier to click the delete button than to move a thread.. Even easier to click the ban button if we are being honest. I don't have time to sit here and play "baby sitter" for those that can't resist the urge to post this stuff in the lounge. Just post it in the right section.

If you start a thread that says "Sorry Dave it's just too important" you will be banned for a month. Zero strike rules. That is the latest thing going on, and honestly it makes me want to reach through the screen and choke the author.

On that note regor / wtg / 530 / and other P&G antagonists... Back in the hole guys. You managed to crawl out and bring your age old war to the lounge in several threads..

--------------------------------------------

GRADS - has left the building. He is a social agitator and during these times of civil unrest... I honestly just don't need that shit on here anymore. I had hoped he had changed, and hoped he could at least offer some perspective from a different view point, but the constant need for attention (especially negative attention) has outweighed any useful perspective he could offer. At the earliest I could see him returning would be after the election in November (if ever).

I'm going to begin bouncing all these threads out of the lounge and into the new catch all "Doom and Gloom" section today.

Stay Safe guys... Stay Vigilant..

Stay positive in the lounge.

RD

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
On that note regor / wtg / 530 / and other P&G antagonists... Back in the hole guys. You managed to crawl out and bring your age old war to the lounge in several threads..

Plankton sad.jpg

And I thank you for that opportunity!!!! 😝

wet hull

Reaction score
Great to here on all fronts. Side note, is the store well stocked? Need to grab some new sway when I arrive Thurs or Fri morning.

Andy B.

Reaction score
Gotcha and thanks for getting rid of heads..

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...Got it...
...In my 74 years of life...Along the way I never imagined that our lives could possibly be in the stranglehold that they are today...
...Fortunstely the majority of the RDP posters are pretty intelligent...and can think their way around or through the new normal that seems to change everyday... Point being this is a bunch of people that are very capable of helping each other with positive input get through all of this crap...👍

LuckyStrike

Just Plain Crazy
Reaction score
Good maybe I’ll post more...on positive things
RD Come on Down to Junior’s
Farm
There’s a song that describes my future farm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
In what area would you prefer the "Positive"/Good sides of each category be in as they tend to end up in the lounge possibly because of the headline Doom And Gloom ?

What could possibly the the positive / good sides of any of those subjects... Both good and bad, if they are pertaining to that virus.. goes in there... If they are pertaining to BLM / Protests / riots / vandalism / Looting / Goes in there. If it starts with Newsome / Newscum / Pelosi / Trump / Government / etc... goes in politics.

RD

Fun Times

Moderated
Reaction score
What could possibly be the the positive / good sides of any of those subjects.. Both good and bad, if they are pertaining to that virus.. goes in there. If they are pertaining to BLM / Protests / riots / vandalism / Looting / Goes in there. If it starts with Newsome / Newscum / Pelosi / Trump / Government / etc... goes in politics.

RD
There's always something good that comes from the bad...The good was what new fun were you having during the time away from work being at home, etc..
Hopefully in November all this will settle down some for you/us all.🙏 Thanks for the clarification.

Fastdadtsmith

Reaction score
Now, can we talk about the RDP store hours next? Is there a normal?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Now, can we talk about the RDP store hours next? Is there a normal?

Store is open 8-5 Monday Through Friday and 8-2 Sat / Sun.

The only time someone isn't there is if she is off running errands (putting flyers in listings for Stacy) or at lunch.

RD

One2go

Reaction score
Thank goodness. Could hardly find a boating or music or motor thread. Once you were off the first 2 pages basically gone forever!

Last edited:

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I'm ready to pistol whip anyone that says "new normal". LOL.. WTF is wrong with just normal?

RD
Ahhh same here. I HATE that shit! I won't go into the reasoning so I can coform to the proper guidance you have outlined.
In short, fishing without a license [emoji23]
Ahhh damn. Thats good!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Icky

Reaction score
Just a thought, having BLM in the title might attract unwanted attention, but then again I do t know how that shit works with search engines

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I think thats fair and a way to get some control back.....

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Can we ban grads forever! What does he bring to RDP? Nothing!
Did you read his thread about having a stroke. It got several inmates thinking about getting check ups and echocardiogram testing. His thread on his melanoma skin cancer got many inmates to get checked for cancer. His Tahoe threads are awesome. Just a few of his better threads. Your right he brought nothing. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

4Waters

Reaction score
...Got it...
...In my 74 years of life...Along the way I never imagined that our lives could possibly be in the stranglehold that they are today...
...Fortunstely the majority of the RDP posters are pretty intelligent...and can think their way around or through the new normal that seems to change everyday... Point being this is a bunch of people that are very capable of helping each other with positive input get through all of this crap...👍
"Fortunately the majority of the RDP posters are pretty intelligent"

"Intelligent" We own boats. LOL

My next boat name...New Normal

Thought about naming mine "White Privilege" 🤣

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
... I don’t know why I just thought of this but I wonder if Grads is one of those people that really might benefit from a sponsor and a few Alcoholics Anonymous meetings???...They might teach him something about timing in other words there are times when it’s not OK to stick your foot in your mouth...

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
"Fortunately the majority of the RDP posters are pretty intelligent"

"Intelligent" We own boats. LOL
...I doubt that since I own 4 boats it makes me quadruple intelligent... I think the inverse in truth would be more correct... Which essentially is the point you were making times 4...🛎🔍

Husqy510

Reaction score
This will be a welcome change. The last few days I've been thinking about how much the lounge sucks, and the other sections were suffering because of civil, riots, etc ...