WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Wish me luck...opening escrow

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Well, this may be it for my 39 year tenure in the San Fernando Valley.

We listed our home on Saturday morning, and 40 showings / 4 days later we got 6 offers and accepted one last night. Opening 30 day escrow today, so we will be moving in July (fingers crossed....)

Alot of work went into this house, we bought it in 2009 and pretty much gutted it, new kitchen, bath, floors, windows, removed a few walls, pushed a few beams above ceiling, landscaping, tore down a non-permited hair salon (yes... hair salon). Both of our kids were born here.

We don't have a new home located yet. Looking in Thousand Oaks, Newbury Park, Simi, and maybe Santa Clarita. If you come across something with 4 bed, 2 bath, Pool, RV access and an entertainers layout......i'm your huckleberry

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Well, this may be it for my 39 year tenure in the San Fernando Valley.

We listed our home on Saturday morning, and 40 showings / 4 days later we got 6 offers and accepted one last night. Opening 30 day escrow today, so we will be moving in July (fingers crossed....)

Alot of work went into this house, we bought it in 2009 and pretty much gutted it, new kitchen, bath, floors, windows, removed a few walls, pushed a few beams above ceiling, landscaping, tore down a non-permited hair salon (yes... hair salon). Both of our kids were born here.

We don't have a new home located yet. Looking in Thousand Oaks, Newbury Park, Simi, and maybe Santa Clarita. If you come across something with 4 bed, 2 bath, Pool, RV access and an entertainers layout......i'm your huckleberry

Shit!! now you are going to have a long drive to meet me at Springbok.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Congratulations on your good fortune! We moved out of the SFV just over 3 years ago.

Your next move needs to be out of Kalifornia but you must know that and can't escape.

Good luck on your next home

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Does it come with an El Camino?
Im staring at it right now wondering if I should drop the LS3 back in to make moving easier, or just tow it...

Got alot of projects to clear out! Lol

Want a free LS run stand? Has radiator, electric fan, etc......bolt your motor on and amaze your neighbors with sweet noise

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
I really enjoyed living in Newbury Park.

Good Luck.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
I hope everything goes smoothly. At least you know that if the first deal falls through there are a few others to step up and purchase. Good job!!!

Runs2rch

Reaction score
I hope everything goes smoothly. At least you know that if the first deal falls through there are a few others to step up and purchase. Good job!!!

Back up positions for sure. The market today is so crazy, people are moving on fast. Especially if they have lost or missed out on a house they really liked. At least that is what we are experiencing.

Meaney77

Reaction score
Awesome news, let me know if you need any info about Newbury Park or neighborhoods around NP.

ULTRA 94

Reaction score
Just buy in Havasu and pm your jobs remotely. No more traffic and out of CA. It's a win win.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
I could totally do it but my wife needs to stay in So-Cal
How do you PM construction projects from 300 miles away. You would have to go to the site or at least the office every week or so. I know I couldn't do it.

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Congrats. My Grandma lived just a little ways from you. My mom went to Reseda High.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
Im staring at it right now wondering if I should drop the LS3 back in to make moving easier, or just tow it...

Want a free LS run stand? Has radiator, electric fan, etc......bolt your motor on and amaze your neighbors with sweet noise
...check your PM’s...

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score

I would take the run stand if it was in havasu.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Congrats jerry! Damn i hope it goes smoothly for you! Selling and buying is a PIA, we did a contingent full price buy once we got into escrow.

Newberry park is pretty nice, but so is TO. Good luck!

77charger

Reaction score
Just sold our house lucky we went from one straight into another in az. But buyers agent was a real pain in ass had we not had an offer in on az home I would have told them to fuck off.
Ended up cheaper to knock a few thousand off rather than back out on offer we put then have to store stuff. Was a damn stressful month glad it’s over.

Tank

Reaction score
Congrats Jerry! I know you guys have been working on that for a while now.

Come to the cazbah!!! ;) 👍

HB1.png
HB2.png

hallett21

Reaction score
How do you PM construction projects from 300 miles away. You would have to go to the site or at least the office every week or so. I know I couldn't do it.

Apprentice charges his drone every night lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
If you’re tied to CA take a look in Camarillo. Lived there for 20 years. Was then a good place to raise our kids. Sold in 2013.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Congratulations Jerry and good luck on your next home purchase.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Congrats jerry! Damn i hope it goes smoothly for you! Selling and buying is a PIA, we did a contingent full price buy once we got into escrow.

Newberry park is pretty nice, but so is TO. Good luck!

We have a friend's condo lined up to rent month-month so we can start moving out. Once dust settles and cash in the bank, we'll start looking so we aren't rushed to settle and battling multiple offers handicapped with a sale contingency