WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Fireworks Season

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
The same here in Chino. They even light stuff off in the daytime so all you see is a puff of smoke up in the air. I could have sworn someone was driving down the street outside our tract throwing M-80’s out the window, bigger boom than the regular mortars.

Last year wasn’t too bad. But some of the previous years have been insane. There is always a foggy haze here on July 5th.
Lol last year was the first year we were in norco. We used to live on Barbara. Magnolia and riverside basically

rrrr

Reaction score
This reminds me I have about half a box of Excaliburs in the garage.

Uh, not that I'm gonna use them. Wouldn't do that. ;)

NicPaus

Reaction score
The shipments from China must of arrived. Its going off right now at my house. Was nice and peaceful the last 4 days at the river. One of the locals told me 2 month ago his shipments were held up due to covid. Going to be like this every night for next month.

TrollerDave

Reaction score
The same here in Chino. They even light stuff off in the daytime so all you see is a puff of smoke up in the air. I could have sworn someone was driving down the street outside our tract throwing M-80’s out the window, bigger boom than the regular mortars.

Last year wasn’t too bad. But some of the previous years have been insane. There is always a foggy haze here on July 5th.
The dog won’t even go outside to go to the bathroom. Have to stand out there with her. :rolleyes:

LowRiver2

Reaction score
We’re up to 4k lbs seized in 2 weeks
A drop in the bucket in LA
One good thing about living in La Hanra Heights :0 fireworks

Ladsm

Reaction score
Sounded like a war with bombs going off in Chino last night, shook the pictures on the wall, had to go around straightening them out today.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Is there something that can be done about these ass clowns? I realize Leo doesn't have the time to sit and wait for something to go off. But there's some clowns in my neighborhood with artillery class I don't even want to call them fireworks.
All day all night.
If I find out who they are will the police knock on a door?

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
In 96ish, roommates had done a road trip. Came home with mortars. This was a nicer area of the SGV. On a Sunday night, they decide to light some off. This also happened to be the Sunday as a Pomona Swap meet...my ass had gone to bed.
Well, they lit 2, no problem. Number 3 went into to neighbor's yard. Well, no fire, no cops, so they wait an hour or so to launch number 4.

The police were around the corner. When 4 went up, it was military flare time. They, I was told, got everyone on the porch. Roomies figured I was gone, and told cops house was empty...

This was the first time I was woken up with a maglight and the barrel of a gun!

Done-it-again

Reaction score
My LA officer neighbor is lighting off confiscated fireworks everyone once in awhile. Makes for a fun evening during the weekend....

Reactions: DWC

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
In 96ish, roommates had done a road trip. Came home with mortars. This was a nicer area of the SGV. On a Sunday night, they decide to light some off. This also happened to be the Sunday as a Pomona Swap meet...my ass had gone to bed.
Well, they lit 2, no problem. Number 3 went into to neighbor's yard. Well, no fire, no cops, so they wait an hour or so to launch number 4.

The police were around the corner. When 4 went up, it was military flare time. They, I was told, got everyone on the porch. Roomies figured I was gone, and told cops house was empty...

😲 First time?
😲 First time?

TrollerDave

Reaction score
Sounded like a war with bombs going off in Chino last night, shook the pictures on the wall, had to go around straightening them out today.
Yeah, these weren’t just regular mortars, if mortars at all. I’m 2 blocks north of Ayala park. Some serious percussive shots and you don’t see them or hear the little sparkles after the initial boom.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Saturday evening we were out front with the neighbors running our Traxxas trucks and there was this loud boom that was almost deafening. It even made the power go out for a split second. Walked down the street to Valleyview to see what was going on and a large Mylar balloon had hit the large 17,000 volt lines and disintegrated.
That shit was loud!

grumpy88

Reaction score
Is there something that can be done about these ass clowns? I realize Leo doesn't have the time to sit and wait for something to go off. But there's some clowns in my neighborhood with artillery class I don't even want to call them fireworks.
All day all night.
If I find out who they are will the police knock on a door?
Lapd told me no when I called last year . They told me to learn to deal with it because it would be going on for about 6 weeks and they didn't care . Really helpful folks out there

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Lapd told me no when I called last year . They told me to learn to deal with it because it would be going on for about 6 weeks and they didn't care . Really helpful folks out there
Ya right? Bout what I expected. Except it's been going on every day 24 hours a day for 4 months. And low river says he's been confiscating fireworks.

707dog

Reaction score
Since all the offical local fireworks shows have been cancelled due to Covid I have been think about going to east Oakland on the 4th. Those guys have the best fireworks shows. ;) :p
Lol they have been lightning them off since memorial weekend. Better than most professional shows🤣

Ladsm

Reaction score
Yeah, these weren’t just regular mortars, if mortars at all. I’m 2 blocks north of Ayala park. Some serious percussive shots and you don’t see them or hear the little sparkles after the initial boom.
You are close to me, Im Cypress/Schaefer

LowRiver2

Reaction score

What Division (station) ??

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Ya right? Bout what I expected. Except it's been going on every day 24 hours a day for 4 months. And low river says he's been confiscating fireworks.

I collect/dispose of them from Patrol, I don’t confiscate them
Your point?
There’s at least 500k lbs of fireworks in LA.
Murders and shootings are up about 30-80% depending on divisions, and Cops are taking time off legally
Tell me where chasing down every kid with fireworks in the 465 square miles that is LA is the priority with this going on?
We have a reserve Officer unit and they are hiring .

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Your point?
Murders and shootings are up about 30-80% depending on divisions, and Cops are taking time off legally
Tell me where chasing down every kid with fireworks in the 465 square miles that is LA is the priority with this going on?
This isn't fireworks related...homicides and shootings up 30-80%:eek: Is this an annual number or month to month? Is it drug/gang related increase or just overall human stupidity? I haven't heard numbers like that bounced around.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
This isn't fireworks related...homicides and shootings up 30-80%:eek: Is this an annual number or month to month? Is it drug/gang related increase or just overall human stupidity? I haven't heard numbers like that bounced around.
From same time period last year
Mobilize the Cops and gangsters settle scores. The media won’t say it but you can read between the lines.
A few are bar fights with ex cons who finish the deal with a knife or gun cs just fighting.

TrollerDave

Reaction score
You are close to me, Im Cypress/Schaefer
Oaks and Schaefer. There’s a few RDPer’s around the area. If you see a fat guy riding a black 29” bmx and a tall bean pole of a kid running behind him down Schaefer, that would be me and my son. 😁

DWC

Reaction score
Oaks and Schaefer. There’s a few RDPer’s around the area. If you see a fat guy riding a black 29” bmx and a tall bean pole of a kid running behind him down Schaefer, that would be me and my son. 😁
Fern and Schaefer here.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Your point?
Whoa...
Not my point.
Refer to post 60.
Grumpy said he was told to deal with it.
I get it.
Stay safe...

wzuber

Reaction score

Lol......the first time........noted
Start a thread and tellus more uncle wrench....
The. Everyone else can share theirs. I bet it would b the longest runnin thread ever. Haha

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Lol......the first time........noted
Start a thread and tellus more uncle wrench....
The. Everyone else can share theirs. I bet it would b the longest runnin thread ever. Haha
Maybe...I may have to look into the statute of limitations on some things first ;)

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Per my LAPD dispatch and my own searches , Schaefer is Culver City jurisdiction. “Oaks” is coming up near downtown so I’m guessing thats outside LA too?
Fern Place is by Griffith Park

1. What Fern is it?: Dr, ave., PL?

2. Who responds to your emergency calls?: LAPD or Culver City?

It’s borderline West LA station or possibly Pacific Division

I worked West LA in 98 and none of those streets ring a bell

TrollerDave

Reaction score
Per my LAPD dispatch and my own searches , Schaefer is Culver City jurisdiction. “Oaks” is coming up near downtown so I’m guessing thats outside LA too?
Fern Place is by Griffith Park

1. What Fern is it?: Dr, ave., PL?

2. Who responds to your emergency calls?: LAPD or Culver City?

It’s borderline West LA station or possibly Pacific Division

I worked West LA in 98 and none of those streets ring a bell
This is in Chino. San Bernardino county. Turns out we all live pretty close to each other.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
This is in Chino. San Bernardino county. Turns out we all live pretty close to each other.

Grumpy88 mentioned LAPD said no
I was under impression he was in LA
Chino PD I have no idea what their response is or will be.

Backlash

Reaction score
LR2, thank you for what you do. East Los has been blowing up every night and it sounds like a war zone over there. You guys stay safe!! 👍

NicPaus

Reaction score
Grumpy88 mentioned LAPD said no
I was under impression he was in LA
Chino PD I have no idea what their response is or will be.
I am LAPD harbor division no response for peeing in public or fireworks. Response times up to 6 hours. That's why 2 blocks over houses are 200k more. 2-3 minute response times there. Not complaining I am used to it.

Nordie

Reaction score
I'm all for fireworks, but we'll be stuck home most likely because my two female Dobermans will be a fucking train wreck. We have pills for them that we'll start a couple days before but it doesn't help that the fireworks have been happening almost every night for the past 2 weeks. The one female Doberman is 13 years old and I'll wake up in the middle of the night with her laying on my chest shaking (dogs not allowed in bed), and she likes my wife and not me so much until the fireworks or thunderstorms. The dog room where the other female resides, after 4th of July last year I went to check on her and couldn't find her, Trinket and Thor have their own dog door and sideyard from their room. Anyhow I was trying to check on her and couldn't find her. The closet door in that room was cracked and she jumped on a shelf where my wife keeps her sewing fabrics I still have no idea how she wedged herself in there, but she did. Anyhow I still love fireworks, but I have to babysit, and it's not fun.

77charger

Reaction score
Your point?
Ain’t it pretty much if they see you light them in front they take but ain’t going out of way to get you. In that case if a person is stupid enough to get caught they don’t deserve to play with mortars. 😂

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I am LAPD harbor division no response for peeing in public or fireworks. Response times up to 6 hours. That's why 2 blocks over houses are 200k more. 2-3 minute response times there. Not complaining I am used to it.
The peeing in public and pooping is basically legal thanks to your mayor and city council.
Joe Buscaiano is your councilman and former LAPD Cop. He was no barn burner as most “Pedro Boys” (long term harbor cops) are not.

SP snd harbor city are both way under served for sure

NicPaus

Reaction score
The peeing in public and pooping is basically legal thanks to your mayor and city council.
Joe Buscaiano is your councilman and former LAPD Cop. He was no barn burner as most “Pedro Boys” (long term harbor cops) are not.

SP snd harbor city are both way under served for sure
Yeah. Joe has been caught taking bribes from developers. Neighbor across the streets buddy. He will send 4 units for the free turkey hand out on my block but not for criminals.

San Pedro since covid started has actually had a abundance of officers. Have 1 job going there and see at least 3 every time I am there sometimes up to 6. Think its the homeless encampment right by ports o call that keeps them busy. 3 blocks from my jobsite. I have never seen that many there. Cruise by every half hour at least.

Ladsm

Reaction score
We are neighbors, I'm right behind the park.
Im on Cypress and look out my front door to the park, decent neighborhood but neighbors on both sides rent out every room and garage in the house to different people and more cars than parking spaces.

chvynhra

Reaction score
Im on Cypress and look out my front door to the park, decent neighborhood but neighbors on both sides rent out every room and garage in the house to different people and more cars than parking spaces.
Damn that sucks. Definatly none of that near me. I'll keep an eye out next time I ride past your house and see if I can spot it.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
KNX radio said LAPD responded to 2000 fireworks calls in the last four weeks. Pretty sure most of those lighting off stuff were gone before arrival.
The fireworks issue seems to be increased this year thanks to people being pent up from covid and some stimulus checks to buy more fireworks.
LA county SD and FD basically doesn't collect it. It is probably fired off at Glamis each winter (anything turned into them), lol.
If enough public complaints come in, maybe things will change.
LA has had a "fireworks reduction" program for 12 years. Basically all fireworks seized from June 1st to July 6th don't need any reports by the Cops collecting it, short of a citation and photo of seized stuff if they write it for court. Each of the 21 Divisions stores the seized stuff at their station in a secure area and My squad picks it up the week after July 4th.
Two issues that make this problem not go away:
1. Easy to buy either online or from neighboring states, Mexico
2. Most cases of sales of this will always end up in a citation. Our Squad used to spend many hours writing up property reoports on large seizures, hours testifying in court as to the damage, danger of fireworks, only to have judges end up right back at a citation, no jail time or community service, because they are "fireworks".

I don't have a dog in the fight. Only when they are used as a weapon against anyone, then I'll go to the mat to show that action is in essence, making a destructive device, which has felony status/time attached.

It's up to all local governments to decide if it's an issue to give teeth to the justice system to prosecute those who sell it and to those who set this stuff off.

At least the city is getting some money in recycling from thousands of pounds of cardboard packaging I contribute from breaking this crap down, all of about $20 bucks, lol!

LowRiver2

Reaction score
2179EA41-61D0-4926-B724-434E589AB1B5.jpeg
6AEAD74E-91F3-4166-914D-EA0D3DD59186.jpeg
AFFF8591-C82F-429C-ACA6-E6FC21B16797.jpeg
Today’s pick up about 300 pounds and somebody has a very nice old Dodge at this particular station LOL

Done-it-again

Reaction score
A neighbor of mine (LA cop) is working the CL adds. Crazy what people are selling and what picks up...

SCV2RVR

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this stuff for their dogs? Our dogs a train wreck when it comes to Fireworks

1593454885408.png

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
I always used to go to Pahrump to get my fireworks. But with the kids we just do the safe and sane. Its fun and less dangerous. But for the money you get so much more in NV.