WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Back in the outboard game..

Duramax

Reaction score
Thought I would share my new purchase. It was a nightmare getting it done with trailer titles, etc, but with the help of a good friend, it all worked out. I have done a lot of research on it and talked to some people. Eric Simon built this one and another red one I believe. A little different layups and some cool pieces. I am going through it now cosmetically, injectors cleaned, filters, etc. After this summer I want Martinez Interiors to make new light weight interior for me, and lower the seats a bit. Jay from OC windshields is also going to make me a new smoked windshield that is an 1.5 higher. It is in amazing shape, but I am ocd so nothing is ok. I have already taken the 4-63lb batteries out of the back and replaced them with two Odyssey's that ended up saving me almost 210lb off the back. In two weeks I will take it out and see how it runs with the cleavers it has on it. Chris from Hoffman Motorsports has been an amazing help already and worked for Eric when the boat would come in for service. The owner and Eric were friends so he did all of the work. Some of you may know the boat or the original owner, as owner number 2 only ran it twice, and that's who I bought it from. I have found 22's with twins, but I cannot for the life of me find any other 21's built like this....but I probably know the reason why.

Attachments

• 21D4CE49-E984-427D-A847-49D64E86746D.JPG
    21D4CE49-E984-427D-A847-49D64E86746D.JPG
    224.2 KB · Views: 502
  • IMG_1355.jpg
    IMG_1355.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 492
  • IMG_1354.PNG
    IMG_1354.PNG
    481.8 KB · Views: 498
  • IMG_1366.JPG
    IMG_1366.JPG
    199.8 KB · Views: 479
  • IMG_1199.jpg
    IMG_1199.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 455

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
There are a handful of 21's with twins, most 21's and 22's with twins in that era were rigged by Dave @ DCB and labeled as Elimnator by DCB. Chad Fries has a easter egg multi colored one on the lower river, and Sam Panebianco on here had one a year or so ago. Biggest issue with them is swamping, there is little or no boat above water in the back when at rest.

I have 34 four bladed humpback cleavers for sale if you are interested, cheap.

Duramax

Reaction score
There are a handful of 21's with twins, most 21's and 22's with twins in that era were rigged by Dave @ DCB and labeled as Elimnator by DCB. Chad Fries has a easter egg multi colored one on the lower river, and Sam Panebianco on here had one a year or so ago. Biggest issue with them is swamping, there is little or no boat above water in the back when at rest.

I have 34 four bladed humpback cleavers for sale if you are interested, cheap.
Thats why I already took a couple hundred pounds out of the back. In my Mirage I was used to being careful getting off plane. Other than that, they run good? Any other quirks? I think I have 32 humpbacks now, I will let you know after I run it. I will probably get those 34's from you. I heard 110, but I also heard they raised the motors to where they are now and it was 115+

Reactions: DWC

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Thats why I already took a couple hundred pounds out of the back. In my Mirage I was used to being careful getting off plane. Other than that, they run good? Any other quirks? I think I have 32 humpbacks now, I will let you know after I run it. I will probably get those 34's from you. I heard 110, but I also heard they raised the motors to where they are now and it was 115+

Make sure you are spinning in not oit, and also if you have to get out of the throttle quickly the boat will want to come around on you and skid sideways a bit, ass first. I had the batteries in the bow on mine. I also had tabs on my 22’s with twins, made it much easier to get on plane.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
If the boat doesn’t have through hull water pickups it would be a good thing to add then to the list so you can really come up on the height.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Also, after 75 or so you really won’t be able to turn the boat much at all so plan your speed runs when you have a the room. If you have a split throttle you will be able to bulldozer steer it a bit bit not all that much. And that boat can kill you in a instant so lifeline and ballistic shorts would be a must for me. There were a few moments in my 22’s with twins where I came pretty close to the edge.

Duramax

Reaction score
Also, after 75 or so you really won’t be able to turn the boat much at all so plan your speed runs when you have a the room. If you have a split throttle you will be able to bulldozer steer it a bit bit not all that much. And that boat can kill you in a instant so lifeline and ballistic shorts would be a must for me. There were a few moments in my 22’s with twins where I came pretty close to the edge.
The original owner said tuck the drives in and it came up on plane good. I have a big box with 4 10's up front, and apparently Eric added weight up front for that reason. Will it stand straight up?

Duramax

Reaction score
The original ran it with his daughter for years. I am not looking to break records, but when the time is right, its fun to run it.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
The original owner said tuck the drives in and it came up on plane good. I have a big box with 4 10's up front, and apparently Eric added weight up front for that reason. Will it stand straight up?

22 with 300’s would not get on plane without the tabs down, not sure how a 21 reacts.

Duramax

Reaction score
They are dirty and I need to get them cleaned up. These are 32's I believe..

Attachments

• IMG_1718.JPG
    IMG_1718.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 251

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
I have a buddy who has 2 of these. He’s gone by me while sitting still - 125 mph but nothing in the water but the props. Please learn the boat - it will DEFINITELY kill you, and when it goes bad, no one will be able to save it/ you. He’s been driving high speed Eliminators / DCB’s since 1979, and he won’t let anyone go with him on high speed runs - sand bags only!

Duramax

Reaction score
I have a buddy who has 2 of these. He’s gone by me while sitting still - 125 mph but nothing in the water but the props. Please learn the boat - it will DEFINITELY kill you, and when it goes bad, no one will be able to save it/ you. He’s been driving high speed Eliminators / DCB’s since 1979, and he won’t let anyone go with him on high speed runs - sand bags only!
I have been doing this for a good amount of years. I have run high hp Htms’s, my Mirage, Spectre, and my last Skater was 164mph. I have respect for everything I use on the water and this will be no different.
Thank you for your post! Any and all info is great.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Congrats on the new float!!! Acceleration has to be a blast in that

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Really cool boat. Curious as to why the props are spinning in? On the silverwing tunnels the props spin out and they are some of the best handling boats there are. Im sure its a centerpod vs true tunnel thing but still curious.

X2 on the bilge pumps. Water over the back is a real concern.

awesome package nothing like a small tunnel. After doing 100 in this everything else will seem tame.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Really cool boat. Curious as to why the props are spinning in? On the silverwing tunnels the props spin out and they are some of the best handling boats there are. Im sure its a centerpod vs true tunnel thing but still curious.

X2 on the bilge pumps. Water over the back is a real concern.

awesome package nothing like a small tunnel. After doing 100 in this everything else will seem tame.
Small Daytona’s wirh center pods prefer spinning in, they will go faster spinning out but it’s not stable.

Duramax

Reaction score
I appreciate the help and comments. Thank you all!

BlowMe

Reaction score
Absolutely gorgeous boat. Congrats

J.P.

Reaction score
Great looking Daytona I remember this boat when it was new and DCB was selling it around 94 or 95.

gqchris

Reaction score
Bad Ass Boat and Congrats again Erik!, Its Chris from Instagram:) Some day soon lets get both of our "death boats" out for a run like we have talked about!

Attachments

• 58500482884__115B5743-A9CE-4E0E-B7EC-C892B1777174.JPG
    58500482884__115B5743-A9CE-4E0E-B7EC-C892B1777174.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 99
Reactions: DWC

Duramax

Reaction score
Bad Ass Boat and Congrats again Erik!, Its Chris from Instagram:) Some day soon lets get both of our "death boats" out for a run like we have talked about!
They would look fantastic together. Love the blues! How was Havasu?

gqchris

Reaction score
They would look fantastic together. Love the blues! How was Havasu?

Agreed! Havasu was crowded, looked like a weekend. Not my cup of tea but my Essex ran great and knocked off a few to do items to handle on it so that was good!