WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New Movies For Summer 2020

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
I was really looking forward to the new Top Gun movie, but now that June has come and gone, I guess not. I was also looking forward to the New Ghostbusters Afterlife movie, but now that's been postponed until 2021, but while perusing on youtube, someone uploaded the full movie. I haven't watched it yet, but I'm going to put it on in a few. Check it out before it gets taken down.

Tank

Reaction score
I watched a good behind he scenes documentry on the making of the original Top Gun movie. It was on the Reelz channel I think. Interviewed some of the other actors and a few of the real Top Gun instructors that were involved in liasoning with the Navy and Pentagon to get it done. Stupid fucking Michael Isner shelved it originally! Dipshit.

Tank

Reaction score
If you guys haven't watched The Hateful Eight on Netflix .... its a good one. More guy oriented than the ladies fyi.
I watched half of it. Couldn't get through it. I really like Kurt Russel. He's one of my favorite actors. But that movie was slow and I just absolutely loathe Tarantino. I try not to let my views of these fuckin' idiot actors that try to shove their opinions down your throat affect my enjoyment of a movie but I find the older I get the more I'm like, "nah, fuck that guy". I was looking forward to watching the Irishman but Deniro has jumped the fuckin' shark tank with his political tough guy bullshit. I've always liked Terantino's movies and have seen pretty much all of them but I think this was not his best effort. And I think he does a lot of shit for shock value only the older he gets. When he was younger it was fresh and interesting. Now it's just for shock value and trying to stay relevant.

nameisbond

Reaction score
I was looking forward to Top Gun and James Bond. Looks like I'll be watching them at home when they come out online or HBO, etc........... Canada's largest theater chain is considering bankruptcy and is perm closing theaters.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
I watched half of it. Couldn't get through it. I really like Kurt Russel. He's one of my favorite actors. But that movie was slow and I just absolutely loathe Tarantino. I try not to let my views of these fuckin' idiot actors that try to shove their opinions down your throat affect my enjoyment of a movie but I find the older I get the more I'm like, "nah, fuck that guy". I was looking forward to watching the Irishman but Deniro has jumped the fuckin' shark tank with his political tough guy bullshit. I've always liked Terantino's movies and have seen pretty much all of them but I think this was not his best effort. And I think he does a lot of shit for shock value only the older he gets. When he was younger it was fresh and interesting. Now it's just for shock value and trying to stay relevant.
Tankster.... you can't let actors/ directors views cause you to ban watching their shit brutha..... if you do that you'll never watch a damn thing. But I understand what you're saying. Don't go "Get off my lawn" on us yet.

Tank

Reaction score
Tankster.... you can't let actors/ directors views cause you to ban watching their shit brutha..... if you do that you'll never watch a damn thing. But I understand what you're saying. Don't go "Get off my lawn" on us yet.
LOL. I agree. since 90% of Hollywood (and that's generous estimate) are whacked out, out of touch elitist, dipshits. But Terantino is one of the worst. The hypocrisy is disgusting. Standing at rallies for equality, yelling down from the podium, yet every other word in his movies is the N word. Dude LOVES that word. I'm just not a fan of the preachy ones like him.

But I digress.

😁

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
LOL. I agree. since 90% of Hollywood (and that's generous estimate) are whacked out, out of touch elitist, dipshits. But Terantino is one of the worst. The hypocrisy is disgusting. Standing at rallies for equality, yelling down from the podium, yet every other word in his movies is the N word. Dude LOVES that word. I'm just not a fan of the preachy ones like him.

But I digress.

😁
Thattaboy.... good to have you back. Onward

hallett21

Reaction score
I watched a good behind he scenes documentry on the making of the original Top Gun movie. It was on the Reelz channel I think. Interviewed some of the other actors and a few of the real Top Gun instructors that were involved in liasoning with the Navy and Pentagon to get it done. Stupid fucking Michael Isner shelved it originally! Dipshit.

Same one where they talk about the director hand writing a check to the admiral/captain to turn the boat?

Loved the behind the scenes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tank

Reaction score
Same one where they talk about the director hand writing a check to the admiral/captain to turn the boat?

Loved the behind the scenes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
YES! That was awesome! LOL

nameisbond

Reaction score
I like Tarantino films. But was a little disappointed in Once Upon A Time In Hollywood.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
I like Tarantino films. But was a little disappointed in Once Upon A Time In Hollywood.
I love Tarentino movies, but I found it difficult to get through The Hateful Eight, but I really enjoyed Once Upon a time in Hollywood. The western scene was a little too drawn out, but I thought the movie was quite good. Love the end scene.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
I guess I'm the odd man out here but I hate Tarentino movies. They all start off looking like they might be interesting and then decay into meaningless chaos and crap thrown in just for the shock value.

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
The whole time watching once upon a time in hollywood i was dreading the ending since i remember what happened and know how graphic he gets, i walked out of the theater smiling ear to ear.

westair

Reaction score
The whole time watching once upon a time in hollywood i was dreading the ending since i remember what happened and know how graphic he gets, i walked out of the theater smiling ear to ear.
I felt the same, just another manson story ... heard it a 1000 times, but with the tarantino twist on it .... very entertaining!! Good charactors and great soundtrack!

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
If you guys haven't watched The Hateful Eight on Netflix .... its a good one. More guy oriented than the ladies fyi.

fun fact. The scene in that movie when they are in the bar/lodge and the whip out a guitar that kurt russel smashes....that guitar was worth a gazillion dollars. It was a very old antique on loan from a museum. The reaction of the girl playing the guitar was 100% real because she knew what it was. Kurt thought it was a movie prop😳

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
We'll all agree tastes in movies are gonna be different for everyone I think.... I stayed up late last night after finding Yellowstone on Prime TV.... Costner series set in Montana. Hooked me and I couldn't stop till ended entire 1st season. What a drug. Friday season 2-3 starts at noon.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
We'll all agree tastes in movies are gonna be different for everyone I think.... I stayed up late last night after finding Yellowstone on Prime TV.... Costner series set in Montana. Hooked me and I couldn't stop till ended entire 1st season. What a drug. Friday season 2-3 starts at noon.
Friend living in Montana says it was filmed in Park City, UT. She used to live in Ogden now in Bozeman, MT so probably correct.