WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Getting some buds

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
How do you keep the rats and squirrels and deer off them?
I have 3 ' rabbit fence all the way around. Our Cats and owls keep the kangaroo rats and mice down and have only seen 3 deer in all the years out here.

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
20200229_115020.jpg
Got sone seeds for this year ,I'm just doing the Orange bud and Blue Cheese .

SoCalDave

Reaction score
No pics to share but have 2 healthy girls about 14" tall in pots.
My SIL bought 8 seed for a Binjemum and 4 made it (he fuked up/his $$) they look very healthy at about 8-10" tall and gonna be some good chit.
Pics to follow...

Taboma

Reaction score
You guys are killing me 👍 Haven't grown one in over 40 years, last indoor one my cat destroyed. :mad:

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
You guys are killing me 👍 Haven't grown one in over 40 years, last indoor one my cat destroyed. :mad:
Must smell like catnip to them , my cat would go running all around after a trip through the garden. Lol
20190903_173333.jpg

Last edited:

Taboma

Reaction score
Must smell like catnip to them , my cat would go running all around after a tipe through the garden. Lol View attachment 891023

When I got home from work mine looked like a tornado had hit it.
Tried another one outdoors, had gotten home from work, partook a bit, nice buzz, door bell rings and imagine my surprise to see the young neighbor kid handing me an upside down, uprooted pot plant ???? I'm kinda lost for a moment in a WTF am I looking at, when the older brother pipes up and explains " It's yours, I caught my brother pulling it out from under the fence" 🥴
I spend most my weeks trimming bushes, tending to the roses I grow for my lovely wife, all the tomatoes she enjoys, but checking out these pics --- I'm growing the wrong shit, 🤔 what several of you are growing would be a lot more fun and a great hobby. 👍
So keep this thread going, I'm taking notes 😁

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
One of our cats knows when the wife goes out to tend to the plants, he will sit at the sliding glass door and cry until she comes back inside cause he knows she is going to bring the leafs in she picks off for him.. he's like a kid in a candy store with the fresh leafs!

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I just cant bring myself to use the new silicone stuff..
I got one for safety around the pool and surprisingly I kinda like it more than I thought. It has a glass bowl that pops in/out of it. The cleanup of it is way easy. Remove bowl and clean, then put silicone in freezer overnight, remove and bend it and bang it on table and all the crud inside falls out in pieces. Kinda handy actually.

SoCalDave

Reaction score

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score
A little help. What’s up with my three amigos? They were doing great but now a lot of yellow leaves, spots, chew marks. I’m in no way I’m experienced in this. Any help would be appreciated. View attachment 894298
View attachment 894299
View attachment 894300
View attachment 894301
View attachment 894302
View attachment 894303

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with IRS, grasshoppers or a few other kind of bugs is the chewing. The budding is probably because they are in the shade most of the day, and only getting 10-12hrs of light. The yellowing is from lack of food and/or water, most likely the lack of nitrogen if you are watering them daily. Can also be from over watering but from the looks of those I dont think that the issue. The PH is pretty important also, if you are watering them with tap water that could be an issue also, if you are using tap water(city water) you need to fill a couple buckets and let is sit outside for a few days to "off gas" before you use it.

Last edited:

F.U.IRS

Reaction score
I didn't quote him, he quoted himself. That's the one I could view the pictures in.

sfury

Reaction score
I didn't quote him, he quoted himself. That's the one I could view the pictures in.
I have trouble with tapatalk for some reason. I think they posted now. Thanks

boatnam2

Reaction score
I'm sitting at a light in long beach, never really noticed it but the weed place right there has like 8 chicks standing in line to get in. In the few moments I was sitting there a person from inside makes a window delivery to 3 cars. Man how times have changed since I bought my last bag of ACAPULCO GOLD 40 years ago.

Taboma

Reaction score
I got curious the other day and was checking the menu on a SD City licensed Medical / Recreational dispensary. HOLY SHIT, the names are so creative the prices knocked me old socks clear off. :eek: Kinda of interesting they were listing the THC and CBD content percentages, although than comparing one name to another, I have no clue how to process that info by comparison to 50 years ago 😂 3.5 grams, $ 50- $ 75 --- DAMN o_O Then you read the fine print for the taxes, which I think are different, but for recreational it worked out to about 30% :eek: So after perusing the menu, I was left to wonder --- WTF do these people do for a living that can afford this LEGAL weed ???
Obviously you green thumb guys are doing it right, I'd have to come out of retirement to smoke the store bought kine.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
My plants need some nutrients so I ordered some Chicken Soup yesterday. Going to see how that works out...

SoCalDave

Reaction score
I got curious the other day and was checking the menu on a SD City licensed Medical / Recreational dispensary. HOLY SHIT, the names are so creative the prices knocked me old socks clear off. :eek: Kinda of interesting they were listing the THC and CBD content percentages, although than comparing one name to another, I have no clue how to process that info by comparison to 50 years ago 😂 3.5 grams, $ 50- $ 75 --- DAMN o_O Then you read the fine print for the taxes, which I think are different, but for recreational it worked out to about 30% :eek: So after perusing the menu, I was left to wonder --- WTF do these people do for a living that can afford this LEGAL weed ???
Obviously you green thumb guys are doing it right, I'd have to come out of retirement to smoke the store bought kine.
Today's stuff is not what we smoked 30-40 years ago. The THC levels are way stronger than anything I had experienced before. So in perspective you don't need to sit with the bong for hours on end with your buddies smoking and once to get high, one two hits and your good to go.

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score
Just now.. couple of ladies we have outside.. They seem to be doing ok!

20200630_181502.jpg
20200630_181446.jpg

This girl we cloned off a indoor plant a few weeks ago, that was almost ready to harvest, shes been outside a few weeks and is just one giant bud, but she is snapping out of though and shooting for the sky!

20200630_181536.jpg

20200630_181546.jpg

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score
My plants need some nutrients so I ordered some Chicken Soup yesterday. Going to see how that works out...

We've never tried that.
After the clones are rooted we transplant and let them go a couple weeks. Then on the second and third transplant(the pic I posted is the third) we use mix a "hot" soil, using chicken and steer manure. Straight water for a couple weeks. Then we start hitting them with these.
20200630_183345.jpg

F.U.IRS

Reaction score
Just now.. couple of ladies we have outside.. They seem to be doing ok!

View attachment 894583 View attachment 894585

This girl we cloned off a indoor plant a few weeks ago, that was almost ready to harvest, shes been outside a few weeks and is just one giant bud, but she is snapping out of though and shooting for the sky!

View attachment 894592
View attachment 894593
They always seem to grow funky coming out of the cloning light cycle and into the outdoors. I've given up on them and gone with feminized seeds with much better luck

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score
They always seem to grow funky coming out of the cloning light cycle and into the outdoors. I've given up on them and gone with feminized seeds with much better luck

The other ones in the pics are also indoor clones. What we have found is the younger the plant, in the veg cycle,you take them off of, the better they seem to adapt outdoor. And taking them outside shortly after the root so they dont adapt to the indoor environment.

These are them when transferred outside.
20200420_154347.jpg