WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Race ski

Rivrat

Reaction score
Any out there collecting dust? Looking to ad an 87” maha to my quiver

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wagonicfolding

Reaction score
Even most experienced racers have an all mountain carver/FS carver/cheater SL that they use when not racing, so I would definitely suggest not getting a race ski as your first ski. They have too much power, and you won't be able to engage them correctly. Buying boots first is the correct idea. If you have the chance demo some skis at the mountain before you buy.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Even most experienced racers have an all mountain carver/FS carver/cheater SL that they use when not racing, so I would definitely suggest not getting a race ski as your first ski. They have too much power, and you won't be able to engage them correctly. Buying boots first is the correct idea. If you have the chance demo some skis at the mountain before you buy.

That Tyler guy is a total Squid and belongs on a wakeboard! 😁

Halvecto

Reaction score

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
Totally random find, but it actually may be a good "play"-race ski. At 77', it will allow you to do a little more. It looks like the old Murdoch and Bemis style. Move the bindings up a little bit so you can do some looping turns. The binding rubber look beat, but the plates could be used with some fresh neoprene.

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/spo/d/simi-valley-offshore-racing-ski/7156955236.html

Buy it so I don't try to.......:p
Mike Bemis actually got into making "full length" race skis, some guys really liked them.

If you look at my link above, looks to me like he sold a Maha GS (which is basically a race ski) some months ago.

Halvecto

Reaction score
Mike Bemis actually got into making "full length" race skis, some guys really liked them.

If you look at my link above, looks to me like he sold a Maha GS (which is basically a race ski) some months ago.

Ya, Mike was a funky but a really good guy and made all kinds of one-off ski stuff. I always enjoyed chatting with him. He made me a rope and his comfy neoprene bridle just before he got too sick to work on his stuff.