boatpi

Reaction score
Last edited:

EBT531

Reaction score
$8k a year in property taxes?? I didn't know Nevada was that bad

HBCraig

Reaction score
These are just going up east of my house, a great area to live, close to everything. I can take more photos are construction continues. I walked into one yesterday, if you are seeking 12' high first floor house ceilings, this is not it as elevation are not laid out that way on the one I saw. Most are on 1/2 acre lots, plenty of room for a huge pool.

Is this near Southern Highlands/Rhodes Ranch area?

boatpi

Reaction score
On new houses property taxes are higher, but for a 800K house, 15 years old it is 2G, and the same will occur with this. And as noted, 0% personal and corporate income taxes, gas at $2.22, diesel $2.25, if you drive a lot, mead is 30 minutes, Havasu 2 hours.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Not very pretty or stylish but huge RV garages, new built, reasonable and only about 15min from Mead.

Yeah this is the better side of IMO, especially if you boat.

I don't know how people live on the other side of the i-15.... Even Green Valley is pushing it, the place is a cluster f.

Best neighborhood in the whole valley is Wagonwheel, Rural zoning, huge lots, and elevated with good views of the valley at night.

Hammer

Reaction score
On new houses property taxes are higher, but for a 800K house, 15 years old it is 2G, and the same will occur with this. And as noted, 0% personal and corporate income taxes, gas at $2.22, diesel $2.25, if you drive a lot, mead is 30 minutes, Havasu 2 hours.

I wish I could convince the wife to move.... [emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score

I don't know how people live on the other side of the i-15.... Even Green Valley is pushing it, the place is a cluster f.

Best neighborhood in the whole valley is Wagonwheel, Rural zoning, huge lots, and elevated with good views of the valley at night.

Funny you say this because Mission Hills (basically off of Wagon Wheel) is one of the places we would consider to build our final home. 1 acre plus lots and quiet. We do really love the resort style living we have here in Lake Las Vegas. If we want a cocktail or to go paddleboarding or swim laps at the sports club, we literally can ride our bikes there in two minutes and never have to be on a public road.

I rode my bike past this place in Mission Hills the other day. Very nice. I think they missed the boat not having a more modern 20 to 25 foot opening to the back yard though.

boatpi

Reaction score
This is a section of Rainbow Crossing by America west aka pulte. I’ll have more soon as I have an appointment to look at one for investment. They have a spec Home and others semi custom.

riversteveo

Reaction score
From the view of the plans the garage does not look deep enough for a boat... unless Room 5 is a option for a garage. I have a Pulte Rental that has this option, and the one side is 30 feet deep.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
From the view of the plans the garage does not look deep enough for a boat... unless Room 5 is a option for a garage. I have a Pulte Rental that has this option, and the one side is 30 feet deep.
Looks like they only show the 3 car garage. Not the RV garage. Looks like it is outlined on the 2nd floor plans.

Taboma

Reaction score

Can't seem to figure out where this Wagonwheel area by vegas is. Another poster mentioned Mission Hills, that appears to be out by Boulder City. Other Wagon Wheel searches end up in North Vegas --- where is this area ?

DirtyWhiteDog

Reaction score
Some also just call it thr horse streets

Search wagon wheel dr in henderson nv.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Can't seem to figure out where this Wagonwheel area by vegas is. Another poster mentioned Mission Hills, that appears to be out by Boulder City. Other Wagon Wheel searches end up in North Vegas --- where is this area ?

Red circle is Mission Hills and Paradise Hills is slightly to the left; both off Wagon Wheel area. Tons of 1 acre and bigger lots overlooking all of Vegas. Lots of custom homes wirh huge garages.

20200721_120206.jpg

Taboma

Reaction score
Red circle is Mission Hills and Paradise Hills is slightly to the left; both off Wagon Wheel area. Tons of 1 acre and bigger lots overlooking all of Vegas. Lots of custom homes wirh huge garages.

View attachment 901010

Thanks, trying to familiarize myself with the area before we head out for a weekend exploring possibilities. Interesting mix, in a way reminds me of Havasu with old $ 400K and newer $ 900K as neighbors. I really don't want to end up living next to this guy. 😖
San Jacinto and Santa Helena Ave Henderson NV.JPG

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Thanks, trying to familiarize myself with the area before we head out for a weekend exploring possibilities. Interesting mix, in a way reminds me of Havasu with old $ 400K and newer $ 900K as neighbors. I really don't want to end up living next to this guy. 😖
View attachment 901045

Well unfortunately if you don't have an HOA that is going to happen. Just be super diligent when you look at a street what is on there. In general, it's pretty nice out there. The closer you get to the foothills and further from the freeway the more expensive it gets.

We live in Lake Las Vegas. We have two HOAs! It is good and bad. Everything you do is a hassle if you want to do an improvement on your home. We are building a pool, full landscaping in the back yard and landscaping our courtyard (brand new home). They are so picky that they tell you the minimum number of trees you can have and how much brown trunk is on them. The good side is, you just don't have dumpy neighbors next to you because everyone has to meet some sort of requirements.

This is the part of Mission Hills I like. This house just got finished. Most of the stuff around it is over a million. The house to the right just out of the picture is super cool. Very modern and has huge garages and tons and tons of room for toys.

Last edited:

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
View attachment 901058

That area off college is nice too, but i was talking about here:

View attachment 901058

That is a decent area, but the quality of stuff there can vary a lot. Meaning lots of dumpy stuff and then a really nice home thrown in here and there. Again, get out there either place where there are no HOAs and you are always going to get some dumpy stuff.

haha, just realized my blue dot gave away my secret bat cave location. :D

Taboma

Reaction score
Well unfortunately if you don't have an HOA that is going to happen. Just be super diligent when you look at a street what is on there. In general, it's pretty nice out there. The closer you get to the foothills and further from the freeway the more expensive it gets.

We live in Lake Las Vegas. We have to HOAs! It is good and bad. Everything you do is a hassle if you want to do an improvement on your home. We are building a pool, full landscaping in the back yard and landscaping our courtyard (brand new home). They are so picky that they tell you the minimum number of trees you can have and how much brown trunk is on them. The good side is, you just don't have dumpy neighbors next to you because everyone has to meet some sort of requirements.

This is the part of Mission Hills I like. This house just got finished. Most of the stuff around it is over a million. The house to the right just out of the picture is super cool. Very modern and has huge garages and tons and tons of room for toys.

I'm on over 1/2 acre of landscaping and avocado / orange trees now --- old, retired and it's a damn full time job with me playing Juan the gardener daily. Currently our toys are all in Havasu. What I'm needing at this juncture of life is, rather modern style small house (Just the two of us baby), BIG garage, small to med EZ care yard, out there, maybe a pool would be nice. I like that new home you just had built by Lake LV, I like that it has the three car garage. I wish that builder offered the 3 car with a single story home. I have a 3 jumbo space garage now, with an additional work shop on one side. So I can keep my truck and two cars inside and still work my shop projects.
When I was checking out that development you bought in, I did a street view google drive thing and noticed the tall towers with HV electric on them. Close By ?

I'm surprised with Lake Mead being so close, there's so few RV or boat garages being offered, that surprised me when I was looking at ads in Boulder City as well.
That's one nice feature of the ones BoatPI started this thread with. I know my needs are different, wanting the mondo garage, but not the mondo property to deal with.

Taboma

Reaction score
That is a decent area, but the quality of stuff there can vary a lot. Meaning lots of dumpy stuff and then a really nice home thrown in here and there. Again, get out there either place where there are no HOAs and you are always going to get some dumpy stuff.

Already knew about your secret bat cave location when you originally posted about having the new home built --- only so many new models like yours out there with three car garages --- like almost none other than yours. 😁 I'd already checked out the models online and had that place bookmarked, so as soon as you posted I knew where it was at. 👍

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score

If you build big beautiful walls you don't have to look at any of the neighbors 😂 😂 😂

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Already knew about your secret bat cave location when you originally posted about having the new home built --- only so many new models like yours out there with three car garages --- like almost none other than yours. 😁 I'd already checked out the models online and had that place bookmarked, so as soon as you posted I knew where it was at. 👍

They offer our homes with four car garages too! We opted for the 8foot doors which is really nice and so many builders don't offer that. They are super reasonable and in my opinion one of the best spots to be around Lake Las Vegas because its so convenient to the lake, trails, restaurants and more. We didn't want to spend a lot since this isn't our forever home. You could build a pretty loaded home for 475 to 575 no problem in our community. Hell we have homes with three car garages in here starting at 409k, but that is no options and the lowest elevation. We plan to be in it for five to seven years max then build something to our spec if we can afford it. Keep in mind, if you want a big yard, LLV isn't the place to live! Well at least our community has small yards. But we don't need much; just room for the pool!

Yes, if you live in Boulder City, or Henderson close to Lake Mead you will have power lines, it just comes with the territory when you live near a power source such as Hoover Dam. There are actually some lots in our community that have no homes ever going in behind them, but huge power towers. We just didn't want to stare at those all the time. We got in on the highest street in the community and the one that is backed up against the golf course.

We looked at these too. They were in our price range, but not convenient to all LLV has to offer. Since we ride bikes everywhere, they just didn't work for us since they were so much further away from the Village and Lake and up hill. https://www.taylormorrison.com/nv/las-vegas/henderson/the-peaks

We would like to get a golf cart! Put our paddle boards on the roof and launch. It's just about 5 min too far to try and carry them across the street.

Just having this across the street is worth so much to us. Depending on the community you buy in they pay the $10,000.00 initiation fee to the sports club. Once you sign up for the monthly club membership you get access to the private Reflection Bay which is really cool.

20200712_195832.jpg

20200625_161040.jpg

Last edited:

grumpy88

Reaction score
They offer our homes with four car garages too! We opted for the 8foot doors which is really nice and so many builders don't offer that. They are super reasonable and in my opinion one of the best spots to be around Lake Las Vegas because its so convenient to the lake, trails, restaurants and more. We didn't want to spend a lot since this isn't our forever home. You could build a pretty loaded home for 475 to 575 no problem in our community. Hell we have homes with three car garages in here starting at 409k, but that is no options and the lowest elevation. We plan to be in it for five to seven years max then build something to our spec if we can afford it. Keep in mind, if you want a big yard, LLV isn't the place to live! Well at least our community has small yards. But we don't need much; just room for the pool!

Yes, if you live in Boulder City, or Henderson close to Lake Mead you will have power lines, it just comes with the territory when you live near a power source such as Hoover Dam. There are actually some lots in our community that have no homes ever going in behind them, but huge power towers. We just didn't want to stare at those all the time. We got in on the highest street in the community and the one that is backed up against the golf course.

We looked at these too. They were in our price range, but not convenient to all LLV has to offer. Since we ride bikes everywhere, they just didn't work for us since they were so much further away from the Village and Lake and up hill. https://www.taylormorrison.com/nv/las-vegas/henderson/the-peaks

We would like to get a golf cart! Put our paddle boards on the roof and launch. It's just about 5 min too far to try and carry them across the street.

Just having this across the street is worth so much to us. Depending on the community you buy in they pay the $10,000.00 initiation fee to the sports club. Once you sign up for the monthly club membership you get access to the private Reflection Bay which is really cool.

View attachment 901076

View attachment 901078
That is pretty cool that you can be paddle boarding that quickly and are so close to food and entertainment .

richp5

Reaction score
Will be watching this thread and being an empty nester really only want a single floor home with RV and Boat garage. There was a community in Laughlin that had homes with 70 foot garages that sold out quickly and due to the virus haven't yet re-opened (was told a new phase was coming but then Covid) https://www.laughlinhomes.net/floorplans.php - While I prefer Henderson/Boulder City area, as we previously had a home for ten years in Bullhead that city/area soured my wife, so looking at this area and open to other options.

I hope people will keep adding to this thread and thanks much in advance for your input.

nordic454

WWW.METALWORXLV.COM
Reaction score

Yessir

Hypnautic

Reaction score
That red area suxs. Tons of 1st and 2nd responders. Typical Trump voters that just work hard, pay taxes and enjoy their families, guns and American liberties.
Exit College and head towards the mountains.
On the left you have mostly custom homes on lots from .25 to 1 acre. Some are new like pictured and some are small homes.
Go right, and you will find more tract homes. Some in gated communities. Lots can range from small up to .33 acres.
Here is the key. Resale is in the schools. The freeway is a divider. Mountain side has much higher rated K-12 schools than below the freeway. You may not have children but your future buyers most likely will.
I’m in the tract homes. Just about a .25 acre with 3 car garage and RV parking. Hit me up if you want a tour of the hood.

BTW. That’s Lance Burton’s home on top of that hill.

1595374812730.png

Last edited:

grumpy88

Reaction score
I'm on the left side off of horizon on a 1/3 of a acre but it's hit and miss on the homes . All the homes were semi custom or one off . The price range really varies which is good because we will never out price the area . Worth the look in my opinion

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
That red area suxs. Tons of 1st and 2nd responders. Typical Trump voters that just work hard, pay taxes and enjoy their families, guns and American liberties.
Exit College and head towards the mountains.
On the left you have mostly custom homes on lots from .25 to 1 acre. Some are new like pictured and some are small homes.
Go right, and you will find more tract homes. Some in gated communities. Lots can range from small up to .33 acres.
Here is the key. Resale is in the schools. The freeway is a divider. Mountain side has much higher rated K-12 schools than below the freeway. You may not have children but your future buyers most likely will.
I’m in the tract homes. Just about a .25 acre with 3 car garage and RV parking. Hit me up if you want a tour of the hood.

BYW. That’s Lance Burton’s home on top of that hill.

Oh, I thought that was Penn's or Teller's house, but I think you are correct. Where we live there are very FEW with kids. hahaha. We like it that way. I think most looking in LLV don't have kids and or retired empty nesters.

Taboma

Reaction score
Oh, I thought that was Penn's or Teller's house, but I think you are correct. Where we live there are very FEW with kids. hahaha. We like it that way. I think most looking in LLV don't have kids and or retired empty nesters.

Kids are awesome, I mean once they reach their middle 40's, late adolescence and leave home -- for real this time. 😂

T frog

Reaction score
This is a cool thread, I live in the horse street area off Wagon wheel. We built our own modest house on a good size lot. Lots of off roaders boaters and campers, no HOA so it's easy to keep toys at home. Some of the places are older but well kept, others could use some help. We like rolling up the street in our buggy and cruising the desert. Launch is only 30 minutes away. I would have a hard time having an HOA telling me what my place needs to look like but I understand some are cool with that, cheers.
20200613_110415.jpg
20200704_114612.jpg

Paradox

Known Inmate #27012
Reaction score
Really a good thread. Love to see what others are doing and will be watching.

We are about 5 years out from retirement. A few years back we bought a lot in Boulder City off of the 93 about a block from Hemenway Park. It’s got a good view of Mead (from the intended main living floor) and the big horn sheep currently cross it every night on the way back to the mountain. Utilities are underground and it is less than 5 minutes to Las Vegas Marina. We are planning on building a final home with a boat garage, small pool, etc. - much like you’d see in Havasu.

Attachments

• F3E27B54-B6DE-4151-A037-33E1EC1D433E.jpeg
    F3E27B54-B6DE-4151-A037-33E1EC1D433E.jpeg
    398.3 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

boatpi

Reaction score
The area theses houses are being built is east of Rhodes Ranch. OffOf rainbow about 1.5 miles
South of the 215 Loop, just a great area, not
Many comdos Or apartments Most everything is nearly New, About 1 Mile North of Blue diamond.

just 10 minutes To the strip and Mc Carran airport.
I will update Friday as I have an appointment Friday at 11 am with the builder.

Taboma

Reaction score
Really a good thread. Love to see what others are doing and will be watching.

We are about 5 years out from retirement. A few years back we bought a lot in Boulder City off of the 93 about a block from Hemenway Park. It’s got a good view of Mead (from the intended main living floor) and the big horn sheep currently cross it every night on the way back to the mountain. Utilities are underground and it is less than 5 minutes to Las Vegas Marina. We are planning on building a final home with a boat garage, small pool, etc. - much like you’d see in Havasu.

Very Nice, kinda wish we'd done that years ago, but instead had a dream of doing a Wash 11 type thing on 40 acres. Don't regret it, we've enjoyed owning and playing up there, BUT, those dreams were a much younger man and wife's dreams, man dreams, the God(s) laugh. 😁

I thought I'd read where new construction isn't encouraged in Boulder City ?

Taboma

Reaction score
One of the reasons we don't want to spend our retired years living in Havasu is we've learned as we've aged, we don't appreciate or tolerate the heat as we did 25+ years ago when we launched our future plans. That's one reason, there's others, but that one is the basis of this post.

I notice on various Weather Underground's weather stations, it's currently 91 in areas of the Vegas Valley, predicted temps around 105-106 today. Havasu is also currently showing 91, with forecast temps of 109 today. My point is, it's pretty warm out there and only marginally lower than Havasu. Is this the summer norm ?

boatpi

Reaction score
These houses at at least 2,400 in elevation, so deduct 2+ degrees from Vegas weather. I have lived in this area for 2 years, my top pick, just 2 blocks away are large acre parcels with horses, etc., still rural yet close to all that you need. If you like 100% city life, trees parkways, this is not for you, go to Henderson up the hill which is fine. This is located in unincorporated Clark County, BTW the HOA dues are $50 per month. Most houses will be built to your spec. I am buying this for investment and an extra RV garage, doing a 1031 if I like the numbers.

More late Friday.

HBCraig

Reaction score
I had a house in Paradise Hills and it was nice. Good views, nice neighborhood.
My first choice would be in Boulder City, second would be in the Paradise Hills area on a sizeable lot.

Taboma

Reaction score
These houses at at least 2,400 in elevation, so deduct 2+ degrees from Vegas weather. I have lived in this area for 2 years, my top pick, just 2 blocks away are large acre parcels with horses, etc., still rural yet close to all that you need. If you like 100% city life, trees parkways, this is not for you, go to Henderson up the hill which is fine. This is located in unincorporated Clark County, BTW the HOA dues are $50 per month. Most houses will be built to your spec. I am buying this for investment and an extra RV garage, doing a 1031 if I like the numbers.

More late Friday.

Lived in a rural yet major roads accessible area for past 30 years. Huge lot, lots of space between neighbors, one neighbor used to keep mules he used for search and rescue.
Retired needs changed, don't need all the upkeep work on an acre, don't need a large house, just a small house for us two and a BIG-ASS toy garage. But for sure seeking cooler temps than Havasu has to offer during the summer. I've got time to search, well, I hope so. 😳

DirtyWhiteDog

Reaction score
One of the reasons we don't want to spend our retired years living in Havasu is we've learned as we've aged, we don't appreciate or tolerate the heat as we did 25+ years ago when we launched our future plans. That's one reason, there's others, but that one is the basis of this post.

I notice on various Weather Underground's weather stations, it's currently 91 in areas of the Vegas Valley, predicted temps around 105-106 today. Havasu is also currently showing 91, with forecast temps of 109 today. My point is, it's pretty warm out there and only marginally lower than Havasu. Is this the summer norm ?

Vegas is typically 5-15* cooler than Havasu/ Bullhead. To get any cooler and still be close to Vegas/ hospitals you would need to get higher in elevation, Mt. Charleston, searchlight or chloride.

Paradox

Known Inmate #27012
Reaction score
Very Nice, kinda wish we'd done that years ago, but instead had a dream of doing a Wash 11 type thing on 40 acres. Don't regret it, we've enjoyed owning and playing up there, BUT, those dreams were a much younger man and wife's dreams, man dreams, the God(s) laugh. 😁

I thought I'd read where new construction isn't encouraged in Boulder City ?

The lot is roughly 10,000 sq. ft. so, other than the small pool, we are shooting for low maintenance and mostly single floor living which would be entered on the upper street. The lower floor will house the boat garage and a small family suite (with kitchenette, etc.) on the lower street for visiting kids and grand kids. There is a house directly next door to the lot (on the opposite corner) that was built out this way. We rented it from the owners a couple of times on vrbo (they leave in the summer) and it worked out extremely well. It was while we were there that the lot became available and we ended up purchasing it.

Before the purchase, I went into the Building Department and inquired about their requirements including footage, set backs, heights, etc. The Chief Building Official actually invited me into his office and spent 1/2 an hour with me. He could not have been more encouraging and actual said he looked forward to working with us to get it done.

I've been in construction for more than 40 years and I see this as a fun "retirement" project once we get there. We're in the process of selling an interest in a So. Cal. rental property which we intend to execute a tax free exchange for (on a condo or town house) in the same area. The plan is to rent it now and then live in it once we transition to the area and start building the house.

Last edited:

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Our ultimate goal would be to be in our current new home for five to seven years. At that time, we would LOVE to build something custom but that wouldn't happen here in Lake Las Vegas as just the base lots to build a custom home are 750k to 2m! Definitely NEVER going to be in my wheelhouse. Boulder City, Mission Hills or even just buy a nicer home in LLV. We don't know yet as we literally just moved in to our new home here two months ago! haha.

We would like to buy something up in Cold Creek outside of Vegas. It is completely off the grid and would be a neat little area to have a small get away. Everything up there is on a well and solar. Our family owns four acres in Pioche Nv close to Eagle Lake and Eagle Canyon State Park. I have been threatening to build a small place up there for my parents and us to use. It is so awesome around there and very few people. It tends to be about 10 to 20 degrees cooler than Vegas all the time too.

BC will probably be it though for us. We would buy a piece of land and do something completely mid century and modern.

Taboma

Reaction score
The lot is roughly 10,000 sq. ft. so, other than the small pool, we are shooting for low maintenance and mostly single floor living which would be entered on the upper street. The lower floor will house the boat garage and a small family suite (with kitchenette, etc.) on the lower street for visiting kids and grand kids. There is a house directly next door to the lot (on the opposite corner) that was built out this way. We rented it from the owners a couple of times on vrbo (they leave in the summer) and it worked out extremely well. It was while we were there that the lot became available and we ended up purchasing it.

Before the purchase, I went into the Building Department and inquired about their requirements including footage, set backs, heights, etc. The Chief Building Official actually invited me into his office and spent 1/2 an hour with me. He could not have been more encouraging and actual said he looked forward to working with us to get it done.

I've been in construction for more than 40 years and I see this as a fun "retirement" project once we get there. We're in the process of selling an interest in a So. Cal. rental property which we intend to execute a tax free exchange for (on a condo or town house) in the same area. The plan is to rent it now and then live it it once we transition to the area and start building the house.

The home you're planning is very much like the one we live in and built in 2009-10. Huge garage, shop and large walk out basement below (With everything in the walls or directly behind in the mechanical room, to accommodate future kitchenette etc.) All our main living is on the 2nd level, which is level with the upper driveway, again, no stairs required should an age related or a disability arise. 3rd level is a large bed and bath, or office with a forever view and it's own private deck. My wife and I built this with far more than our needs, more for the needs of a potential buyer. Your meeting with the inspector sounds encouraging, maybe it's just Mr Racey telling "Boulder's Closed" stories I've been believing. 😁 But 3/4 acres of landscaping and grove as I'm aging is turning a once fun outdoor hobby into a bit of a painful chore at times.

Hypnautic

Reaction score
I’ve been house hunting for a while now.
Small home with big garage. Rv garage would be a plus. Prefer BC and my same neighborhood but will go across valley if needed.
Here a new home that popped today. Way to far for me and I will not buy a corner lot.
Thought it was cool though.

$350,000
3beds · 4 baths
9011 Sosa Creek Ave, Las Vegas

boatpi

Reaction score
That location on Sosa Creek is in an ok area, at best. The houses I posted are in one of the nicest areas
Of the valley. Location is king here.

Hypnautic

Reaction score
That location on Sosa Creek is in an ok area, at best. The houses I posted are in one of the nicest areas
Of the valley. Location is king here.

Oh, I agree with you there.
It is an interesting home but not where I would live. I do like the large parcel homes out that way though and the lack of city light and noise is nice but I have kids in school and that is king here.
Even your location is nice but not for us as the school rating is low plus the airport departures travel in that direction.
The home you posted is exactly what I’m looking for but only need 3-4 beds and maybe up to 2k sq ft. Already have a 4K sq ft home-now I want a 4ksq ft garage

HBCraig

Reaction score
Our ultimate goal would be to be in our current new home for five to seven years. At that time, we would LOVE to build something custom but that wouldn't happen here in Lake Las Vegas as just the base lots to build a custom home are 750k to 2m! Definitely NEVER going to be in my wheelhouse. Boulder City, Mission Hills or even just buy a nicer home in LLV. We don't know yet as we literally just moved in to our new home here two months ago! haha.

We would like to buy something up in Cold Creek outside of Vegas. It is completely off the grid and would be a neat little area to have a small get away. Everything up there is on a well and solar. Our family owns four acres in Pioche Nv close to Eagle Lake and Eagle Canyon State Park. I have been threatening to build a small place up there for my parents and us to use. It is so awesome around there and very few people. It tends to be about 10 to 20 degrees cooler than Vegas all the time too.

BC will probably be it though for us. We would buy a piece of land and do something completely mid century and modern.
My inlaws had a house in Cold Creek for years. It was really cool to go up there to get away. Not a bad drive either.

nordic454

WWW.METALWORXLV.COM
Reaction score
Long time no see, hope all is well with you and the fam!

Hey bud, we’re doing good. We moved to GA in January. Got tired of all the Vegas hustle& bustle. As well as the heat. Lol. Slowing life down a bit out here, and so far it’s great! Same to you

boatpi

Reaction score
Update: average selling pricing is $850k, Half acre premium is $120,000.

the pricing is for the house and then the lot size is an option because they build the same house an average lot about two blocks away. Keep in mind this also includes that 1000 square-foot RV garage attached or detached.

you’re getting a pretty good amount for your money with that $120,000 premium you get the RV garage see the attached. At least you’re in Las Vegas you would pay close to $100,000 for that garage that built separately after the house.

The houses are all about 4800 ft.² and above.

33818691-F0CD-422F-841D-406D50B25517.jpeg

Last edited: