WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Jack Smith Warning

D19

Reaction score
Make sure your permit is completely visible in your window if you put up a sunshade. My wife parked the truck, put up the shade and it fell down. My annual pass was only partly visible not "clearly visible" so I got a $62.50 ticket.

The kid in the guard shack told me to call city hall and they would reverse it which I figured was a lie. I called code enforcement and they claimed to give over 40 tickets for the same thing each day this past weekend.

D19

Reaction score
Tell city hall to stop wasting time with shit like this and get a grocery store to open!

Or repave river Rd.

The past few times I have been up that guy in the white truck parks right in the way of the ramp and honks at people who stop by the restrooms. It's like get out of your truck and politely ask people to move. I saw one guy really get into it with the worker last Friday.

Or maybe they can go pick up all the damn trash on the beach left by all the ghetto people using the swim beach. Why is that stupid swim beach even there? It would be nice to have room for more boats. Especially since boaters are the majority of revenue. There's two beaches on the river on the other side of the parking lot they can walk down to.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Or repave river Rd.

The past few times I have been up that guy in the white truck parks right in the way of the ramp and honks at people who stop by the restrooms. It's like get out of your truck and politely ask people to move. I saw one guy really get into it with the worker last Friday.

Or maybe they can go pick up all the damn trash on the beach left by all the ghetto people using the swim beach. Why is that stupid swim beach even there? It would be nice to have room for more boats. Especially since boaters are the majority of revenue. There's two beaches on the river on the other side of the parking lot they can walk down to.
Ghetto people???????? Aren't you all high and mighty!! They have as much right as you do to use the river as they seem fit or can afford PLUS they live in the area, much unlike you!!!!! Go use Castaic or Elsinore!!!

D19

Reaction score
Ghetto people???????? Aren't you all high and mighty!! They have as much right as you do to use the river as they seem fit or can afford PLUS they live in the area, much unlike you!!!!! Go use Castaic or Elsinore!!!

How do you know they live in the area?

It has nothing to do with money or where someone lives, it has to do with respecting the facility and the river. Everytime I use that marina, there's trash on the swim beach, but not on the courtesy beaches for boaters. Explain that Mr Know-it-all.

Joker

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure he’s just referencing the families with 10 kids in tow. You know the ones that have their bbq hanging off of their slide hitch since they have so much shit in the bed of their truck. I’ve seen plenty of them just leave their trash for others to pick up because they’re too out of shape to carry it up the 10’ hill. The bottom line is it’s either the kids or the trash.

Reactions: D19

John McGuinness

Reaction score

It has nothing to do with money or where someone lives, it has to do with respecting the facility and the river. Everytime I use that marina, there's trash on the swim beach, but not on the courtesy beaches for boaters. Explain that Mr Know-it-all.
Did you pick up any trash?

D19

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure he’s just referencing the families with 10 kids in tow. You know the ones that have their bbq hanging off of their slide hitch since they have so much shit in the bed of their truck. I’ve seen plenty of them just leave their trash for others to pick up because they’re too out of shape to carry it up the 10’ hill. The bottom line is it’s either the kids or the trash.

Maybe they're too weak and feel tired at the end of the day with respiratory damage from ingesting all the carbon monoxide while swimming and laying out in a high traffic marina.

Who wouldn't want to let their kids swim in a high traffic area where the only thing protecting them from moving watercraft is a floating piece of rope?

johnnyC

Reaction score
been there on a busy day, ramps, full bay full, no place to beach to let off passengers camped out to waters edge and the beach on the river empty... go figure!

SPFRONTMAN

Reaction score
My take on this past weekend. Was afraid Jack Smith was going to be overrun with parking because of the closures on the AZ side. So, decided to be there at 6:45 am Saturday morning. First one there and waited for the kid to open up. Noticed a pickup truck cruising the parking lot stopping at each vehicle and trailer that was parked before they opened and looked like he was writing something down. The other pick up truck was parked right across from the entrance shack. As soon as I paid, the pickup took off and started writing down plates of people who parked before the parking shack opened. Guess what? Yup, you were getting a $62.00 ticket for entering without paying unless you had a year pass. Sunday, the same deal, was the first there at 6:45 am. When the shack opened, I watched a guy who entered before the shack opened launched his boat, then he got in line, paid for parking, and proceeded to park. So, if you think your parking there for free because you arrived before they opened, well I think they figured that out. Pay when they open or pay a lot more later.
We were the first boat both days to be the first to the beach at Pirates after a little run-up and down the river and as soon as it got crowded around 2:00-3:00 packed up and left, made another run-up and down the river and was back at Jack Smith loaded the boat up and gone! Early there and early gone! 6-7 hours in that heat was enough for me. I hate the weekends but the wife still works and can't get weekdays off. See the trash? My wife racked that shit up for the guy, it was everywhere. The guy thanked her and she even gave him a G2, he was sweatin' bullets.

Attachments

• EXfvTE+CRGOyZ5n5oGefPg.MOV
    17 MB
  • +0KYszt3Tx+qXv+UWPD4cg.jpg
    +0KYszt3Tx+qXv+UWPD4cg.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_2054.JPG
    IMG_2054.JPG
    232.1 KB · Views: 259

howard21

Reaction score
Or repave river Rd.

Just drove River road the other day. Very dangerous road. Did not drive over 20 mph with my boat in tow. Needles is a joke.!

guest hs

Reaction score
Or repave river Rd.

River road has been repaved by Fenders and Rainbo don’t know how far down toward Laughlin though

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
We will see but i don’t think i will be paying for Jack Smith next year. Going to look elsewhere.
A: they let the people in with no trailer free, and they take up a whole spot rather than double parking.
B: the signs are crystal clear “no parking” “Wipe Down Lanes >” yet always have to fight past the idiots who park under those signs as they feel they aren’t there for them!
C: the beach at the launch has turned into the party place. Was three easy ups down there and kids playing and jumping off the docks today.
D: the wipe down lanes are backwards, you pull into it and all the water runs from the bilge to the front of the boat. And heaven forbid you swing around like i typically do and park backwards so the water drains while we wipe down. That really seems to piss people off.
All in all the launch is great but they refuse to take and put correct control of the place.

JJK94

Reaction score
I too Got a ticket a week ago for not displaying the pass it’s on the dash but ended up behind the sunshade Went to city hall. Guy pulls out pictures of my windshield clearly showing no pass. I asked him to toss it as I have a pass he goes to the back for a few comes back and says the director denied And reads me the line on the pass that says it must be displayed. Ok I’ll donate 62.50. Yesterday I was leaving the truck to pickup a standup and I just have a rack and no trailer. The city Enforcement guy from last week that denied me is out Checking for passes I get out and say No more donations. It’s fully visible. He tells me I have to move the truck to the dirt lot cause I don’t have a trailer or I’ll get another ticket Sunday afternoon plenty of parking Guy in the booth said he’s not aware guess they found another revenue stream

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
We will see but i don’t think i will be paying for Jack Smith next year. Going to look elsewhere.
A: they let the people in with no trailer free, and they take up a whole spot rather than double parking.
B: the signs are crystal clear “no parking” “Wipe Down Lanes >” yet always have to fight past the idiots who park under those signs as they feel they aren’t there for them!
C: the beach at the launch has turned into the party place. Was three easy ups down there and kids playing and jumping off the docks today.
D: the wipe down lanes are backwards, you pull into it and all the water runs from the bilge to the front of the boat. And heaven forbid you swing around like i typically do and park backwards so the water drains while we wipe down. That really seems to piss people off.
All in all the launch is great but they refuse to take and put correct control of the place.
Needles Marina's new ramp is nice, but its a PITA to get out, walk to store, and stand in line to pay. They need a drive-up booth

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
Needles Marina's new ramp is nice, but its a PITA to get out, walk to store, and stand in line to pay. They need a drive-up booth
Didn't they bump it up to 40 bucks to launch

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Didn't they bump it up to 40 bucks to launch

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I heard they did on weekends, trying to mitigate the influx from bullhead beaches and ramps being closed on weekends. I usually launch on a Thursday and retreive on a monday so a non issue for me

D19

Reaction score
I emailed the the city manager and let us off with a warning and dismissed the ticket.

SCV2RVR

Reaction score
River road has been repaved by Fenders and Rainbo don’t know how far down toward Laughlin though

The newly paved road ends right about where River Palms starts, at the turn off for the 40 on ramp. The road just past River Palms is nasty. I keep my boat at Oasis storage and it is nerve racking driving across that little stretch

D19

Reaction score

Are they offering annual passes?

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score

I don't know where these people live BUT I find it VERY unlikely they load up their gear for the day and drive 3-5 hours, spend at least a $100.00 to get there, to enjoy a river that EVERYBODY is entitled to.

You SoCal boys really need to back off the throttle a little on the people of river and the like. Havasu and Bullhead have been here for longer than you youngsters been alive and they both continue to grow at a phenomenal pace. Don't believe me, give Stacy a call, see if she's starving?

D19

Reaction score
The newly paved road ends right about where River Palms starts, at the turn off for the 40 on ramp. The road just past River Palms is nasty. I keep my boat at Oasis storage and it is nerve racking driving across that little stretch

We got a bad dash rattle from that stretch in a new car that took forever to fix. We stopped going that way to our house and go around to W Broadway.

D19

Reaction score
I don't know where these people live BUT I find it VERY unlikely they load up their gear for the day and drive 3-5 hours, spend at least a $100.00 to get there, to enjoy a river that EVERYBODY is entitled to.

You SoCal boys really need to back off the throttle a little on the people of river and the like. Havasu and Bullhead have been here for longer than you youngsters been alive and they both continue to grow at a phenomenal pace. Don't believe me, give Stacy a call, see if she's starving?

Ya they grow because people like us buy vacation homes and support all the local business in town.

Do you think Stacy is selling homes to people that work at the local Walmart? Lol

I could say that "you locals" need to stop harassing us weekenders and stop biting the hands that feed your local economy.

BTW- Please refer to where in my previous post that I said anything negative about locals?

Last edited:

Bigbore500r

Reaction score

Please check your own throttle as well, sir - symptoms indicate it may be hung up on a floormat 😁

Riverockstar

Reaction score
Im sure the word "GHETTO" was used towards anyone who comes to the beach and trashes it. Everyone has the same right to the same beach, but live there or not, pickup after yourself so it doesnt look like the ghetto !!!

John McGuinness

Reaction score
Ya they grow because people like us buy vacation homes and support all the local business in town.

Do you think Stacy is selling homes to people that work at the local Walmart? Lol

I could say that "you locals" need to stop harassing us weekenders and stop biting the hands that feed your local economy.

BTW- Please refer to where in my previous post that I said anything negative about locals?

You own property in Needles?

wishiknew

Reaction score
You SoCal boys really need to back off the throttle a little on the people of river and the like.
Wow where did that come from ????? And do you speak for all river people ????

Riverryder

Reaction score
are all you guys grumpy? you guys need to get out and use your boats more like OP. he was just giving a overview of how jack smith went this weekend?

gqchris

Reaction score

Same here with Oasis. I hate that stretch. I usualky go about 20mph with hazards on and let cars go by. Last trip, I kept on the gas trying to stay on top of it. Sorta worked but it still is just shit.

MagicMan

Reaction score
Same here with Oasis. I hate that stretch. I usualky go about 20mph with hazards on and let cars go by. Last trip, I kept on the gas trying to stay on top of it. Sorta worked but it still is just shit.
I noticed a sign before that stretch of the road that says " This road not managed by San Bernardino County". Who is responsible for that road?

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
I noticed a sign before that stretch of the road that says " This road not managed by San Bernardino County". Who is responsible for that road?

City of Needles until north of the city limits. Then it’s a county road again.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I guess Needles doesn't have enough revenue to fix that road. Not enough tourism and parking tickets.
I think part of the re-paved / fixed portion is Needles portion....after that its San Bernandino county

John McGuinness

Reaction score
I have bought and sold there (investment). Why do you ask me all of these weird questions? What's your motive? BTW- Where was Needles mentioned in the Post?
Because the majority of your posts in this thread were regarding the city of Needles.
Just trying to figure out if you have a legitimate beef with the way things are run there or are you just being entitled. Property and business owners have the most weight. Some guy that drives through to dump his boat in the water? Not so much

Doc

2022 32 Doug Wright
Reaction score
I have bought and sold there (investment). Why do you ask me all of these weird questions? What's your motive? BTW- Where was Needles mentioned in the Post?

He kinda answered right there.

I think if anyone invests in a city i.e. purchases property no matter if it's needles or somewhere else and is used as a weekend getaway they have the same right as a "local" to express their opinion. On the other hand I do get how some of the locals get upset with some "weekenders" also. It's the nature of the beast and we all share the same water ways in the end.

D19

Reaction score
Because the majority of your posts in this thread were regarding the city of Needles.
Just trying to figure out if you have a legitimate beef with the way things are run there or are you just being entitled. Property and business owners have the most weight. Some guy that drives through to dump his boat in the water? Not so much

Many of the business in the city cater to "Some guy that drives through to dump his boat in the water", ie storage facilities, rv parks, repair shops and etc. The boat storage facilities happen to be some of the most valuable and most income producing parcels in the city limits.

It is a boater himself and the owner of a couple boating related business located in Needles (Billy) who has brought several events to the city that financially support the marina, local charities, park, golf course, restaurants, American Legion, etc. That event no longer takes place at Jack Smith. The over intrusion of local government and fees had something to do with that. These events would have been unsuccessful if it wasn't for patrons such as myself in attendance.

If it was not for boaters, The Needles economy would be worse than it is. They can't even keep an essential business such as a grocery store in the city. What does that tell you about the city demographics, economic condition and management of the city?

All of your posts are condescending and irrelevant to the topic which leads me to believe you are nothing but another troll.

Have a great day.

Last edited: