WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Rollbar boat + toon = ???

spectracular

Reaction score
So just watched this vid about the Avalon wake toon. It is a toon that can pull double duty as a wakeboard boat. I think it is pretty cool, but it means that there are now even more boats being able to create a big-ass wake. Apparently there are other manufacturers doing this besides Avalon.

What are your thoughts?

outboard_256

Reaction score
I don't wake surf, is it hard/impossible to get two riders up on a regular boat? Looks neat, I could see this being a hit among the rich family crowd. I don't know the price but its out of my range.

spectracular

Reaction score
if I could only have 1 boat...this would be a serious contender because it appears to be able to do so much. Too bad you know these will be out of reach for a lot of people.

spectracular

Reaction score
I don't wake surf, is it hard/impossible to get two riders up on a regular boat? Looks neat, I could see this being a hit among the rich family crowd. I don't know the price but its out of my range.
What they were saying is that current wake boats are setup to create a good side and a bad side of the wake...kinda sorta like when you turn a regular boat slightly and you get a side that has no white water and the other isn’t as nice. Sounds like this one has 2 good sides.

cofooter

Reaction score
What they were saying is that current wake boats are setup to create a good side and a bad side of the wake...kinda sorta like when you turn a regular boat slightly and you get a side that has no white water and the other isn’t as nice. Sounds like this one has 2 good sides.
Or two bad sides depending on your perspective..........

DWC

Reaction score
1595884445448.gif

sirbob

Reaction score
So just watched this vid about the Avalon wake toon. It is a toon that can pull double duty as a wakeboard boat. I think it is pretty cool, but it means that there are now even more boats being able to create a big-ass wake. Apparently there are other manufacturers doing this besides Avalon.

What are your thoughts?

If you haven’t seen them yet - check out the videos I shot yesterday (post 28) of the WakeToon in the Avalon thread I have going. This is a pretty cool boat. I’ll be driving one next week when we shoot the new promo videos

Make one with an outboard and I'm in!

I totally get the likability of outboards these days but it would not work in this application.

The Volvo Penta forward drive system is key to being able to drive the transom deep to create the wake. With the props ahead of the drive it totally changes the dynamic and makes this concept possible.

I won’t go so far as to say you couldn’t do it with something other than forward drive, however I don’t think there’s a better application at this time to give you the wake you need off the back of the pontoon.

Last edited:

spectracular

Reaction score
Any chance on getting a pic of the bottom so we can see what’s going on down there?

Blow It Up

Don't Member
Reaction score
If you haven’t seen them yet - check out the videos I shot yesterday of the WakeToon in the Avalon thread I have going. This is a pretty cool boat. I’ll be driving one next week when we shoot the new promo videos

I totally get the likability of outboards these days but it would not work in this application.

The Volvo Penta forward drive system is key to being able to drive the transom deep to create the wake. With the props ahead of the drive it totally changes the dynamic and makes this concept possible.

I won’t go so far as to say you couldn’t do it with something other than forward drive, however I don’t think there’s a better application at this time to give you the wake you need off the back of the pontoon.
Got it!
Very cool boats 👍 .

sirbob

Reaction score
Any chance on getting a pic of the bottom so we can see what’s going on down there?

I shot close up video of it in this thread - check out post 28, you will get see the video and hear from the Volvo rep on it.

Echo Lodge

Reaction score

Dock Crusher!!!

The result is the Montara Surf Boss, an aluminum-hulled boat that’s available in 21-, 23-and 25-foot models. The boat looks like a pontoon, but the bottom is a single proprietary hull design that was developed to handle 5,000-plus pounds of ballast to create wakes for surfing.

cofooter

Reaction score

Dock Crusher!!!

The result is the Montara Surf Boss, an aluminum-hulled boat that’s available in 21-, 23-and 25-foot models. The boat looks like a pontoon, but the bottom is a single proprietary hull design that was developed to handle 5,000-plus pounds of ballast to create wakes for surfing.
Shoot me.

teded

Reaction score
World class wake surfer
Funny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk