WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Extreme vs Adrenaline

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
I'm impressed you actually got ahold of somebody at extreme

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
I was told from Frank (trailer repair guy in Havasu) that Magic was building those in house. I had one under my sleekcraft and it looked well built.
Thanks.... that makes sense. I acquired this boat & trailer in 2016 from a fresh water use only guy in NorCal. Boat only had 100 hours and trailer looked immaculate at the time so figuring everything was stored indoors not in elements. I keep it outdoors under a cover and only launch in salt and was amazed at how fast the salt began to deteriorate the poor trailer. I never take boat off the site so only use trailer as a platform to launch from. I've got a buyer now and he had a trailer guy look at it to see if was salvageable ..... apparently not so he's getting a new one built now. I'd hate for him to take it home and have it collapse on the freeway! Looked like a well built trailer.... just not correct metal for good ole salt. I've learned a lot on RDP about trailers on an earlier thread I started while back. Plenty to know.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
I was thinking Myco.
I'll jump in here.... I just got a new boat neighbor at my dry storage and he's got a beefy 30' Chris Craft sitting on a Myco trailer and that things a beast built for salt. Its nota purty painted thing but thick and useful. Looks like it'll laugh at salt dippings for quite a while.

Blow It Up

Don't Member
Reaction score
Adrenaline built me a trailer in late 2018. I have to say it was one of the best trailers I’ve ever had. Wayne was on it. One of the BEST companies I have dealt with in Havasu.
08A87A38-0386-45DB-B7AD-0F02B89855FF.jpeg
7B0CE619-05EA-43D8-B462-F8BD4A66A1C9.jpeg
CDD6F69B-6C09-45AB-8138-BA015D239C01.jpeg

Last edited:

RCDave

Reaction score
I recommend Bear Trailers but is located in Chatsworth. Vic and crew make a great top notch trailer

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
Well, looks like Extreme is not an option, Their answering machine says the are closed due to rona until the governor lets them open, and I would assume when they do open, they will be backed up for months. Called Adrenaline, talked to Joe, and a ballpark cost to build a new triple axle like I have was $11-$12k. Looking at the shadow trailers website here in town, looks to be about the same. Joe told me around $7500 to refurbish, but that’s sight unseen, I’m going to bring it to them to look at Thursday.

I'm actually surprised its not more that $11-$12k new for the size of trailer you want. I would spend the extra 3k for the new one and the piece of mind its new.

robby dmax

Reaction score
Such a shame, I'm surprised no one has asked the name of the manufacturer of this trailer, care to share?
So what’s the name of this trailer.. looks like it has seen some salt water in the past.

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
I'm actually surprised its not more that $11-$12k new for the size of trailer you want. I would spend the extra 3k for the new one and the piece of mind its new.
Agree, but then, what do you do with your old one?

FYI, Extreme is back on my list, you can’t buy one through Eliminator, Extreme is just not dealing with the public right now.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score

FYI, Extreme is back on my list, you can’t buy one through Eliminator, Extreme is just not dealing with the public right now.

You could maybe sell for a few grand? Make up the difference in cost between new and refurbished?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Plus you get to sell the old one which puts it cheaper than a refurb if it is halfway decent.

RD

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
You could maybe sell for a few grand? Make up the difference in cost between new and refurbished?
That would be the plan, but I see it being a yard ornament for a long time until you find the right buyer.

Boat 405

Reaction score
I sold my old extreme which was in decent shape for $4k

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Well, looks like Extreme is not an option, Their answering machine says the are closed due to rona until the governor lets them open, and I would assume when they do open, they will be backed up for months. Called Adrenaline, talked to Joe, and a ballpark cost to build a new triple axle like I have was $11-$12k. Looking at the shadow trailers website here in town, looks to be about the same. Joe told me around $7500 to refurbish, but that’s sight unseen, I’m going to bring it to them to look at Thursday.
Yeah.... The governor hasn't closed them. I believe that's the excuse they are using to not answer the phone. That would be a knock off the list right there.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

wzuber

Reaction score
BTW, I confirmed the original build of my trailer with Extreme and they said they built it with galvanized tubing, which was an option, and should prevent corrosion along with drain holes.
Galvanizing is burned away at ALL welds. Rust never sleeps, only creeps a little slower. Once rust develops at the welds it will creep into the tube and under the electroplate galv. coating. just a mention.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score

I've been told mine will need to go to scrap yard... wherever and whatever that is around SoCal.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Galvanizing is burned away at ALL welds. Rust never sleeps, only creeps a little slower. Once rust develops at the welds it will creep into the tube and under the electroplate galv. coating. just a mention.
True Dat

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score

They have been back open for three weeks. Leave a message on one of the phone options or send them and email off their web page. I dont know if you can get a custom trailer built there for even a year they are so backed up.

JDub24

American Bad-Ass!!
Reaction score
Honestly I don’t know. I do know it was “custom” built at some point. It’s a pontoon trailer with a big heavy 28’ toon. At some point someone welded a piece of angle at the corner and covered the drain hole. You can see how that worked out. Almost broke the whole side of the trailer off.

Such a shame, I'm surprised no one has asked the name of the manufacturer of this trailer, care to share?

JDub24

American Bad-Ass!!
Reaction score
not sure but it was “custom” made for a pontoon. Has a huge raised center section that makes loading it super easy. You can’t screw it up.

So what’s the name of this trailer.. looks like it has seen some salt water in the past.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Ok update on this. More like $10k to redo trailer, up grading lights to led, 1 new axle, and a new jack.

Adrenaline or extreme are $16k for new. Ah boats. Break Out Another Thousand, or 10.

I don’t know man. I’d have a hard time spending that kind of dough on a trailer.

Labor and material costs must be crazy high. Maybe they’re so busy with high end manufacturer builds that to make it worth their while they’ll ask for all the money on these one off jobs.

Boat 405

Reaction score
Ok update on this. More like $10k to redo trailer, up grading lights to led, 1 new axle, and a new jack.

Adrenaline or extreme are $16k for new. Ah boats. Break Out Another Thousand, or 10.

Yup this is why I built new. I couldn’t see spending that much on an old frame. Plus I sold my old one for good money.

braindead

Reaction score

If I'm dropping 10g on a rusted out tube trailer that's known to hold water, I'd just have a new one built out of C channel. Don't understand the whole form over function thing, I'll keep my c channel

lIQUIDATEDdAMAGES

Reaction score
16g sounds ridiculous. I had a new c channel double axle made by Trail Rite about 5 years ago. If I recall correctly it was 4500 out the door. It wasn’t a complete work of art but it was a nicely finished custom trailer that towed really well...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
16g sounds ridiculous. I had a new c channel double axle made by Trail Rite about 5 years ago. If I recall correctly it was 4500 out the door. It wasn’t a complete work of art but it was a nicely finished custom trailer that towed really well...

^^^^ THIS

wzuber

Reaction score
I don’t know man. I’d have a hard time spending that kind of dough on a trailer.

Labor and material costs must be crazy high. Maybe they’re so busy with high end manufacturer builds that to make it worth their while they’ll ask for all the money on these one off jobs.
Gotta feast when u can cuz the fammon is knocken on the door. Letem eat, the big boat ballers can afford to pay. Besides, they love to gloat.....I mean complain about how much shit costs anyway.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Taking the trailer back to Adrenaline tomorrow. Brake actuator stopped working.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Bummer. Always something.

Yeah it worked before I dropped it off. I can hear the relay clicking when I squeeze the brake controller but no actuator. I’ve heard they fail from time to time.