WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

POSTS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS

USMC2010

Reaction score
What's the point? It is annoying if anything and makes one least likely to click and read.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
My older buddy at work says it’s easier for him to read. He always emails in all caps. Always hits reply all too which is also annoying

Rbcconst

Reaction score
Haha when i first started sending emails for work i used to type in all caps until a higher up corrected me letting me know i was yelling. I felt like a real donkey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dalton

Reaction score
All caps is weird, would you hand write a letter in all caps? But thinking back, I think I've seen a coworker hand write a letter in all caps block letters, seen some pretty shocking emails from senior level employees also, sentence structure and spelling wise. I guess people do a "brain dump" of all that elementary school stuff.

Buggydave

Reaction score
It's like guys with big lifted trucks. Small penis envy!

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
All caps is weird, would you hand write a letter in all caps? But thinking back, I think I've seen a coworker hand write a letter in all caps block letters, seen some pretty shocking emails from senior level employees also, sentence structure and spelling wise. I guess people do a "brain dump" of all that elementary school stuff.

Yes, I write in all caps. I havent hand written a lowercase letter since HS. I do try to keep the rest of my grammar and punctuation in order though..

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
BUT!!, you keep coming back.

NIMROD :)

You know I’m going to be on Shark Tank next week?

I invented an dog whistle for internet trolls that makes them prove my point about how dumb and petty they appear, every single time.

I’m going to be a millionaire!

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Yes, I write in all caps. I havent hand written a lowercase letter since HS. I do try to keep the rest of my grammar and punctuation in order though..

How is that even possible with flowing cursive?

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
You know I’m going to be on Shark Tank next week?

I invented an dog whistle for internet trolls that makes them prove my point for me, every single time.

I’m going to be a millionaire.

Nope!
Should’ve painted a rock and called it a pet...

rrrr

Reaction score

During the early 90s, I went to work for a couple of guys in their 50s that owned a small computer room construction firm. Both were college graduates (Miami and The Citadel), and both had worked at IBM. Neither one of them could write a business letter. Their spelling, grammar, vocabulary, and writing style was unbelievably bad.

After a few months, I looked over a shoulder and said 'Um, why don't you let me reword a couple of those sentences. I think you'll like the improvements'.

After that, I rewrote all of their business correspondence. It was unreal how badly they tortured English. I can't even imagine what's going on today.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
How is that even possible with flowing cursive?

I havent written in cursive since elementary school! And here they promised me I'd use it all my life. My signature is as close as it gets and even at that it's probably more a scribble than actual writing. I can read it just fine, but id be hard pressed to write in it these days.

I'm only 30 and already have the early signs of carpel tunnel setting in. My hands hurt and get stiff every winter and I live in the south! Too many wrenches and power tools since before I could drive

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I havent written in cursive since elementary school! And here they promised me I'd use it all my life. My signature is as close as it gets and even at that it's probably more a scribble than actual writing. I can read it just fine, but id be hard pressed to write in it these days.

I'm only 30 and already have the early signs of carpel tunnel setting in. My hands hurt and get stiff every winter and I live in the south! Too many wrenches and power tools since before I could drive

My writing is atrocious. At 59 my arthritis is truly debilitating for my age. Was at rheumatologist today in fact.
But writing has always been a totally sloppy endeavor for me. The stuff I type here only comes across as structured because it’s typed! Lol

But when I do write a lot of it is print, and not in cursive because in my industry (oilfield) spelling and grammar and writing is akin to cave man days.
When I type reports or memos in office we have a somewhat strange habit.
We tend to capitalize each word.
Dont know why. Just is.

jeepdog

Lucky jeepdog
Reaction score

I think the rule is ya can't bitch till ya 35...just sayin

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
I’M NOT YELLING!!!!!
I’m just talking loudly.😊