WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Nordic vs. Eliminator 25' MCOB?

XClutchboy725

Reaction score
Well, it has come to this...

The wife and I have made the decision that it is time to add to the fleet.

As beautiful and overall attention getting that the ol' jet bote is, she is just not practical for use with the grandkidlets. She's not going anywhere, but will continue to be a trailer queen with the occasional regatta, boat show, etc. Way too much sentimental value to me to ever part with her.

Now the question for the RDP braintrust...

I'm currently interested in two boats. Both of them are listed on this website (one in the Classifieds and one in the Boats and Watercraft thread). Which one do you all think would be better for "Havasu Water"?

2006 Nordic Rage 25' https://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/threads/2006-nordic-rage-25ft.221541/#post-3789774
2005 Eliminator Eagle 25' https://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/classifieds/2005-eliminator-250-eagle-mcob.189/

Opinions solicited please! Also, if anyone know any specific information about either boat, I would be intersted to hear.

Go...

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
I have a Rage. Great family boat, does everything pretty good. I slalom behind it every time it’s in the water, the bottom works really great-72 MPH GPS with factory 496HO, nice area to get out of the sun, platform in the rear is going to be the big difference. I’ve also had 3 Daytona’s, I think the build quality with the Eliminators is a little better, but with 5 grandkids, this is a great boat. You really can’t go wrong here, so get what you like - I wanted the platform for the kids toys/swimming/dog.

Spot

Reaction score
Of the three boats posted here I would go with the Tremor. It is a bullet proof beast in the 25 foot range. If you're open to suggestions and your budget allows, find a Hallett 270 and call it a day. You mentioned "Havasu Water." Havasu is getting much ruffer these days and if you want the safety and comfort of a bigger V, go with the 270.

Spot

Reaction score
If it were me I would pull the trigger on the Eliminator.

Also, I cant find the Eliminator in the classifieds. Why is that?

I agree with build the quality on a Eliminators, we owned a 215 Skier for 15 great years. My only problem with their V-bottoms from 21-25 feet feel small inside. I really like the interior space of the 280 Eagle, that's were the interior space seems to open up a bit.

XClutchboy725

Reaction score
I agree with build the quality on a Eliminators, we owned a 215 Skier for 15 great years. My only problem with their V-bottoms from 21-25 feet feel small inside. I really like the interior space of the 280 Eagle, that's were the interior space seems to open up a bit.

Thanks! Anything is going to feel bigger than my little 18.5' Southwind! LOL

Paradox

Known Inmate #27012
Reaction score
Just went through the boat shopping/buying effort for a smaller boat as well. I wanted to limit the size to accommodate the length of our storage warehouse and the 10.5k lb. towing capacity of our 1\2 ton truck which I love and will be keeping.

I looked at a ton of 2000-2007 25-29 foot boats. After a while it became clear that the bigger boats were priced pretty competitively with the smaller. I whittled it down to a 28 Donzi with twin (stock) injected small blocks or a 29 Fountain with a single 500 or bigger (stock) motor.

Ultimately, I ended up with an extremely clean 06 28 ZX with the small blocks and all the goodies because of the price. Although I had to travel across the Country to purchase it, I paid significantly less than what is being asked for on the two 25s shown.

It has turned out to be a good boat. It is our 7th boat in 25 years and past ones include everything from a 23 Scarab to a 35 Lightening and a Tiara Sportfisher which we partnered with and kept in San Pedro.

just my two cents..

P.S. We also owned an older 25 Eliminator some years back and it was certainly a decent boat.

Last edited:

FreeBird236

Reaction score
That Eliminator looks really clean, it's actually the boat I pulled my graphics from. (of course we changed it up a bit). Besides those two or three I'd also look at Lavey 24' Nu Era. Condition would be a major factor. Even though I own an Eliminator with the same bottom as the 25 I think the other's might have a better rough water ride, I do like the stability of the Eliminators wide beam though, and if I plant the nose it does pretty good up to about 2' chop.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Of the three boats posted here I would go with the Tremor. It is a bullet proof beast in the 25 foot range. If you're open to suggestions and your budget allows, find a Hallett 270 and call it a day. You mentioned "Havasu Water." Havasu is getting much ruffer these days and if you want the safety and comfort of a bigger V, go with the 270.
For sure.
Unless garage size or storage size is a factor the 270 is about perfect size before I’d start calling something a “big” boat, yet handles like a big boat 👍
A Hallett 255 would be worth looking at too if size is limited.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
I love my 98’ Eliminator MCOB Eagle With a 502. 600 hours. Handles most of the Havasu chop. Only problem is the Hole to the cabin keeps getting smaller as I get older. :confused:
That's why mines a walk though.

the510

Reaction score
Well, it has come to this...

The wife and I have made the decision that it is time to add to the fleet.

As beautiful and overall attention getting that the ol' jet bote is, she is just not practical for use with the grandkidlets. She's not going anywhere, but will continue to be a trailer queen with the occasional regatta, boat show, etc. Way too much sentimental value to me to ever part with her.

Now the question for the RDP braintrust...

I'm currently interested in two boats. Both of them are listed on this website (one in the Classifieds and one in the Boats and Watercraft thread). Which one do you all think would be better for "Havasu Water"?

2006 Nordic Rage 25' https://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/threads/2006-nordic-rage-25ft.221541/#post-3789774
2005 Eliminator Eagle 25' https://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/classifieds/2005-eliminator-250-eagle-mcob.189/

Opinions solicited please! Also, if anyone know any specific information about either boat, I would be intersted to hear.

Go...

I like both the Nordic and the Eliminator....

A step up would be the shockwave tremor 25,

But if you want to take it to the next level of greatness then check out the Howard 25 Bullets. I had mine for 8 years with 0 problems. We loved how in ran in Havasu.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
They could make that one a walk through.
Wouldn't want to talk you out of a new boat, but the modification shouldn't be that tough.

Ops.:oops:
Yea I thought about it. But I liked going thru the new build process. Even though its been almost 22 years ago. My buddy is building a 25’ speedster and I think I want to do the same when I retire soon. Just need to find a gelcoater that does good work. Lol

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Yea I thought about it. But I liked going thru the new build process. Even though its been almost 22 years ago. My buddy is building a 25’ speedster and I think I want to do the same when I retire soon. Just need to find a gelcoater that does good work. Lol
Yea, building is exciting, don't think I'll ever be able to afford it again. I think there might be a good gelcoater around though.;)

Meaney77

Reaction score
I have an older 2001 Eliminator Eagle with an HP500. It’s a closed bow and has been a great boat over the last 15 years that I have owned it. It’s nice to have a place to put the kids and get them out of the heat or wind also a place for them to crash out for a bit. My only complaint (as others have mentioned) is the cockpit is tight specifically between the seats. The 25 Eagle is great but I think the 26’ would be ideal.

CJ_Donahue

Reaction score
20190922_114930.jpg

We looked for a 25-27 MCOB for about a year before we found our Cole. Rode in both a Nordic Rage and in an Eliminator 25 Eagle and the main difference to me was the windshield. I liked the windshield while running over 40 but was fearful a kid would break it. If we would not have found our Cole (With help of RDP) I would have went with the Eagle. Ride in them both on the same weekend of possible.

Riverryder

Reaction score
my vote is eagle. Gel looks the best out of the 3. Will help with resale..
Only thing I like about the Nordic is the mid cabin feet area for driver and passenger.
shockwave gel is ugly. And to mean they seem like the older Cadillac’s not sporty at all..

C08H18

Reaction score
Which one do you all think would be better for "Havasu Water"?

Go...

Thanks for asking for an opinion. I own a '78 COLE T-deck Jet and a 2010 Nordic Heat. The Nordic Heat is ran on the Delta, many lakes, Havasu, and Lk Tahoe in the summer months. The Cole only runs on the river w/ smooth water......

The Nordic has a few really nice features:
- the wrap around windscreen is nice, allows you to toss a cell phone or hat up there out of the wind.
- the cockpit in both are tight, so the swivel seats will be EXTREMELY valuable IF you sit in the boat while at the beach or rafted up.
- the MCOB on both are nice. I have the cabin door and often I wish i had open access to cabin so i can easily grab a beer while driving.

I would have no hesitation to buy Nordic or Eliminator, Howard or Hallett. ALL are great boats that will hold their value and will be great in Havasu. I like the lines of the RAGE better, but that's a personal opinion.

Best of Luck !

pixrthis

Reaction score
Both are nice boats and have comparable build quality, have fun in whichever you select.

XClutchboy725

Reaction score
View attachment 905538
We looked for a 25-27 MCOB for about a year before we found our Cole. Rode in both a Nordic Rage and in an Eliminator 25 Eagle and the main difference to me was the windshield. I liked the windshield while running over 40 but was fearful a kid would break it. If we would not have found our Cole (With help of RDP) I would have went with the Eagle. Ride in them both on the same weekend of possible.

solid Advice! Love your boat.

Terry G

Reaction score
The Eliminator Eagle 25’ sold last week. Was a great boat, miss it already. No complaints, would highly recommend Eliminator

Terry G

Reaction score
2005 Eliminator Eagle sold last week, great boat.

hallett21

Reaction score
Not sure about your budget. But Lavey Craft has a 24 or 26 that a client backed out of.

Easy way into a new boat

Cray Paper

Reaction score
I had a an Eliminator 25' Eagle MCOB for several years. It was built in 99 with a 502 Merc, IMCO shorty lower unit and Bravo 26P prop, not sure where exactly it was built? You would have to look up the history of these things but my opinion of the 25 Eagle is based of only my boat. The build quality wasn't the best, not going in to details but I yanked all of the interior of that boat and found some stuff I didn't expect. As for the performance of it and troubles, it was great. I made money on it selling in a divorce situation and would still like to have another. It isnt big enough to crush waves, and the opening to the mid cuddy is small, some of them have a drainage issue and the mid cuddy fills up with water, but it is a very efficient hull design.

I boated with a guy that had a shockwave in the same 25' range, same power. My boat would pul;l him out of the hole and top end 2-5 MPH faster than his boat, but the Shockwave felt much bigger inside. The Gunnels were much taller and it had a decent windshield, the 25 Eagle, not so much. I would have rather had the Shockwave for the area we lived in, the 25 Eagle beat the crap out of my family on our local lake Washington but the deeper V Shockwave provided a better ride in crappy water conditions.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Try and get inside the Shockwave Tremor before you decide. Feels MUCH bigger than a 25 foot boat on the inside.
That’s cause it is! A 25 tremor is a full 25’ not including the swim steps. Combine that with the 24 degree dead rise and generous freeboard and you basically have a boat that rides like a 28’ (or bigger...). It’s a huge “25”. If I was looking for a V in that size range that would be my boat