WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bad boat accident at mouth of river

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
When things like this happen I really wish everyone would reserve their comments about people not following rules and speculating about who was drinking or not drinking. There are people who are dead or injured and there are people on here that know the people involved. So how about you guys with your suppositions just keep that shit quiet until the facts come out and the people personally involved, either directly or indirectly, are able to process the incident and mourn? Unless you KNOW what happened or KNOW if someone was drinking please shut the fuck up.
The facts won’t come out especially if drinking was involved. Every year there’s accidents, people speculate, and the facts never come out. Look at the body the was recently found after years of missing. Facts never came out. Drinking was involved but that’s all that was ever really said.

zhandfull

Reaction score
It just seems like you would see a 42' boat and maybe move over

42’ boat or any boat running hot at 70 + mph and things start to get real and fast. Not saying this happens but a glance over the shoulder and another boat catches your attention for a moment. Next thing you know look forward and boat directly in front of you with no time to react.

PlanB

Reaction score
Kinda dangerous going threw that part now when entering the river. Having to aim for the center of reed island then cutting into the river with a blind right hand turn aiming right for traffic coming out of the river toward the lake it can be pretty dangerous any time of the day.

I won't do it on a weekend anymore. The last time out we went mid-week. The channel on the lake side of the island appears to be getting more narrow. I saw two boats hit the sand next to us when we were headed North last week.

Tom Slick

Reaction score
42’ boat or any boat running hot at 70 + mph and things start to get real and fast. Not saying this happens but a glance over the shoulder and another boat catches your attention for a moment. Next thing you know look forward and boat directly in front of you with no time to react.
Was it posted somewhere that the MTI was traveling at 70+ mph?

Dirty Daytona

Reaction score
The facts won’t come out especially if drinking was involved. Every year there’s accidents, people speculate, and the facts never come out. Look at the body the was recently found after years of missing. Facts never came out. Drinking was involved but that’s all that was ever really said.
Whether or not the facts ever come out, I am simple saying people should show some respect to the people involved. In my opinion, most of the posts in this thread are completely appropriate by saying, “RIP etc etc.” There is a time and place for everyone playing know it all boating experts and the same day and day after the incident isn’t that time.

Mrhavasu

Reaction score
Very sad situation. All I can say is that I will not go up river anymore on the weekends, at least in summer.
Its a dam speedway. I went up a week ago friday and its just crazy. Gotta keep your head on a swivel.
Almost as bad as riding my street bike in Ca with everyone around you texting. And of course,
no one wants to slow down. I do not know what happened, but I think we all know one thing for sure,
in this part of the river especially, alcohol and speed kills. Sadly, nothing seems to change.

zhandfull

Reaction score
Was it posted somewhere that the MTI was traveling at 70+ mph?
No but when Boats do shit happens fast. Just a general statement regarding why a smaller boat wouldn’t see a big fast boat and get out of the way.

Pretty safe assumption one or both boats were traveling at an unsafe speed though based on the accident taking place.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
No but when Boats do shit happens fast. Just a general statement regarding why a smaller boat wouldn’t see a big fast boat and get out of the way.

Pretty safe assumption one or both boats were traveling at an unsafe speed though based on the accident taking place.

Don’t rule out mechanical failure....there are accidents and there are accidents. Some times it’s simply unavoidable no matter how “right” both parties do things.

Best wishes to all involved, and I hope all the details of the investigation become public. Everyone that reads it and learns the details of what really went wrong will have something to keep in the back of their head so at some point that little voice says...”hey...maybe you should do things a bit different here”....hopefully there’s some good to come this, above the obvious badness.

wzuber

Reaction score
RIP to those lost and condolences to those effected in horrific accident. Having to go through something like this seems incomprehensible.
99% of the time throttling BACK will help the potential outcome significantly both on the water and the road.
play safely peeps.

DWC

Reaction score
When things like this happen I really wish everyone would reserve their comments about people not following rules and speculating about who was drinking or not drinking. There are people who are dead or injured and there are people on here that know the people involved. So how about you guys with your suppositions just keep that shit quiet until the facts come out and the people personally involved, either directly or indirectly, are able to process the incident and mourn? Unless you KNOW what happened or KNOW if someone was drinking please shut the fuck up.
My first reaction was this was a bit overboard but i guess not.

Joe mama

Reaction score
Whether or not the facts ever come out, I am simple saying people should show some respect to the people involved. In my opinion, most of the posts in this thread are completely appropriate by saying, “RIP etc etc.” There is a time and place for everyone playing know it all boating experts and the same day and day after the incident isn’t that time.
Typical responses every time this kind of shit happens. Prayers to all evolved. Telling your members to shut the fuck up probably wasn’t the best way to get your point across. People are people and everybody reacts to things differently.

Dirty Daytona

Reaction score
My first reaction was this was a bit overboard but i guess not.
I post the way I talk so I suppose saying “shut the fuck up” might seem a little extreme. I was just trying to get my point across that there is a time and place for everything. I simply feel it’s disrespectful this soon after a terrible tragedy to say anything other than “wow that sucks, RIP, etc.” In the end it doesn’t matter whose fault it was, the people who died are still gone.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score

Kind of like your Post:rolleyes:

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
I post the way I talk so I suppose saying “shut the fuck up” might seem a little extreme. I was just trying to get my point across that there is a time and place for everything. I simply feel it’s disrespectful this soon after a terrible tragedy to say anything other than “wow that sucks, RIP, etc.” In the end it doesn’t matter whose fault it was, the people who died are still gone.
I agree and don't touch these threads for that very reason. Arm chair "expert" speculation won't help anything or heal the departed. It's actually pretty fucking annoying, disrespectful and usually a wealth of misinformation. Emotion over facts don't help anything but I kinda get it.... kinda

DWC

Reaction score
Get it 100%.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
There is a video. It was on River Whips, but has been deleted, I did not see it.

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
Going up river has always been a eye opener going 2and 3 wide is there choice just respect fellow boaters rip boaters

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Of the aftermath or actual collision?
I thought it was indicated it was the actual collision, but I'm really not 100%.

EDIT: After a little more reading it may be just of the aftermath. I see a very small picture of a red boat with people in and around the boat, hard to tell much.

Last edited:

buck35

Reaction score
As there has been zero information on the 2nd boat,was it sunk in the incident?
Of course prayers to those lost and involved in this tragedy.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
There is a video. It was on River Whips, but has been deleted, I did not see it.

The only video I saw was a bunch of DCB’s coming on plane and they were assuming they were the boats involved. (They weren’t)

temporaryname

Reaction score
Hi all. Registered to post this.

The other boat was a red and yellow speedboat. It said "Eliminator" on the side of it, and it was super fast. I'm not a boat guy, forgive my lack of specific model knowledge. I know all this because I know the gentlemen who were on it, and I've been awake since 3am talking on the phone to people who's lives have been devastated by this. I'm glad no one on the other boat was seriously hurt.

buck35

Reaction score

The other boat was a red and yellow speedboat. It said "Eliminator" on the side of it, and it was super fast. I'm not a boat guy, forgive my lack of specific model knowledge. I know all this because I know the gentlemen who were on it, and I've been awake since 3am talking on the phone to people who's lives have been devastated by this. I'm glad no one on the other boat was seriously hurt.

Wow ,very sorry for You're loss.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
The only video I saw was a bunch of DCB’s coming on plane and they were assuming they were the boats involved. (They weren’t)
No I think it was a video of the aftermath of a small red boat.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
As for the boat over taking another etc and arguing cg law..

I don’t even know why someone would bring it up.
Now you have people skimming the posts asking if that what happened.. when it’s fairly obvious it isn’t what happened..

temporaryname

Reaction score

I will add that they were moving very fast, and they had the sun at their backs. I did not see the video of the crash (and will never watch it) but the IG videos leading up to the crash shows the circumstances. No life jackets. Speed. Booze. Fucking so not worth it. This has just destroyed three families, several small businesses, and countless dreams. What an awful, stupid tragedy.

FreeBird236

Reaction score

Thank you, very sorry.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I will add that they were moving very fast, and they had the sun at their backs. I did not see the video of the crash (and will never watch it) but the IG videos leading up to the crash shows the circumstances. No life jackets. Speed. Booze. Fucking so not worth it. This has just destroyed three families, several small businesses, and countless dreams. What an awful, stupid tragedy.

Boat isn’t “super fast”. Typicall small block I/O day cruiser open bow.. should run around 60.

this is the transom of the boat showing the motor

6ABBA796-4746-499A-AEBB-030AE68C0D33.jpeg

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Boat isn’t “super fast”. Typicall small block I/O day cruiser open bow.. should run around 60.

View attachment 905474

Keep in mind “Fast” is relative. Why we think is cruising most people feel like is flying. I took a family member for a cruise in the stoker once. Maybe did 75 max. And when we got to the dock they were shaking and talking about how they thought they were going to die.

temporaryname

Reaction score

View attachment 905474
A boat is essentially a gokart with bad steering and brakes, which makes 60 fast, regardless of what the possible top speeds are. My friends are dead because they made poor decisions, one of them being that they forgot 60 was fast and started taking it for granted. My motorcycle can do 175. Makes 60 seem like crawling. But I leather up anyway because my mindset doesn't change the laws of physics.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Correct. A friend of mine shot the video. It was boring

Singleton

Reaction score
A boat is essentially a gokart with bad steering and brakes, which makes 60 fast, regardless of what the possible top speeds are. My friends are dead because they made poor decisions, one of them being that they forgot 60 was fast and started taking it for granted. My motorcycle can do 175. Makes 60 seem like crawling. But I leather up anyway because my mindset doesn't change the laws of physics.

thoughts are with you and your friends as you morn the death of your friends.

on that note, please go edit your posts and remove and assumptions about the events.

4Waters

Reaction score
I thought I remembered a thread about trying to get that part of the river dredged to make ot wider so shit like this doesn't happen. Maybe that topic needs to come back up. Sad deal all around, I hate seeing shit like this 😪

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

My heart goes out to your friends and their families.. :(

Singleton

Reaction score
I thought I remembered a thread about trying to get that part of the river dredged to make ot wider so shit like this doesn't happen. Maybe that topic needs to come back up. Sad deal all around, I hate seeing shit like this 😪

they dredged the CA side (Between reed island and CA land) a few years ago. I used it once and chewed through muddy sand.
the AZ side line has shifted yearly since. IMO, this year the line is one of the most unique

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score

on that note, please go edit your posts and remove and assumptions about the events.

BUT!! if we are taking notes, ASSUMPTIONS are eveywhere.

temporaryname

Reaction score
BUT!! if we are taking notes, ASSUMPTIONS are eveywhere.
Boys, nothing I've said was an assumption. Apparently some folks are upset about my perception of boat speed, but other than that, it is what it is. Dead friends, hard facts, broken hearts. I made an account because I had no info on the other boat, and I felt it was proper to add what I knew to the conversation. And maybe at least one person here will consider having a DD, or putting on a lifejacket once in a while, or slowing down. To that extent, maybe I've helped someone avoid a similar heartbreak, and that makes posting worthwhile. I'm not going to get sucked into the unhealthy anonymous sniping that seems to exist on most social media/forum stuff. Logging off forever. Be safe out there.

HEY YOU

Reaction score

Sorry to hear your loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tank

Reaction score
I just hate these threads. Good times can turn tragic in a blink of an eye. Life is short, hold onto your loved ones tight and appreciate every breath.

Regarding the location where the crash happened - i was surprised how sketchy it is to get into the river from the lake this year. That aim for the reed island and cut right and then cut left is narrow and a bIt unnerving. Then you have people crowding the entrance and some that don’t know what they’re doing at all cutting across or even towing tubes in the general area. I find my focus is super pinpoint when we run through that part whether I’m a passenger or a driver.

They should really dredge the entrance to help the flow of traffic. Can’t really make it I wake with the shallow issues. Maybe do something like Florida with a Dedicated dredge lane on each side for coming and going and keep it dredged. I don’t know but it’s sketchy right now.

zhandfull

Reaction score
I just hate these threads. Good times can turn tragic in a blink of an eye. Life is short, hold onto your loved ones tight and appreciate every breath.

Regarding the location where the crash happened - i was surprised how sketchy it is to get into the river from the lake this year. That aim for the reed island and cut right and then cut left is narrow and a bIt unnerving. Then you have people crowding the entrance and some that don’t know what they’re doing at all cutting across or even towing tubes in the general area. I find my focus is super pinpoint when we run through that part whether I’m a passenger or a driver.

They should really dredge the entrance to help the flow of traffic. Can’t really make it I wake with the shallow issues. Maybe do something like Florida with a Dedicated dredge lane on each side for coming and going and keep it dredged. I don’t know but it’s sketchy right now.
Best way to navigate this area is to slow down and come off plane or just go for it with boat riding high and dry?