WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Super soakers in the channel

PlanB

Reaction score
Well I guess when you have a $1500.00 boat, you do not care. Many have electronics Phones and some have been injured when hit in the EYE.:rolleyes:

This, plus my boat is black. If I don't wipe it down in the summer heat it etches the paint. You can't wait till the end of the day either. I should not have to stop and wipe my boat down because some asshole thinks it's funny to hose down a stranger. I wish LE would let people handle it with some street justice, but if you confront one of these idiots and it turns into a fight, everyone goes to jail.

USMC2010

Reaction score
I got hit this evening and the guy gave me the ponter finger pinkey cool sign. I don't know how else to reference it. I just thought about it. my wrist rocket sling shot and sugar cubes will answer that. It will sting and the evidence will disappear.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
This, plus my boat is black. If I don't wipe it down in the summer heat it etches the paint. You can't wait till the end of the day either. I should not have to stop and wipe my boat down because some asshole thinks it's funny to hose down a stranger. I wish LE would let people handle it with some street justice, but if you confront one of these idiots and it turns into a fight, everyone goes to jail.

Especially since they are not going to enforce the Code?

I tell you if it was a Possible DUI, they would have 4 Squad Cars on it ASAP. :(

Kylemenz1

Reaction score

So you don’t want your boat to get wet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kylemenz1

Reaction score
Well I guess when you have a $1500.00 boat, you do not care. Many have electronics Phones and some have been injured when hit in the EYE.:rolleyes:

My boat is not a penny over $500 first of all. Second, I’ve had a hot boat. The radio was “marine” and behind an enclosure to keep it from getting wet. Pretty much every phone is water resistant now and should be fine with a bit of water from a squirt gun. Getting hit in the eye would not be cool.

I get it. It’s not cool to get squirted from the super soakers. But it’s not the end of the world. Relax and enjoy the day. It takes more energy to get pissed off then it does to wave hello like the LHPD

PlanB

Reaction score
So you don’t want your boat to get wet?

The paint on my boat stays pretty damn dry when driving it around. It will get a little misting on the back when running, but that's about it. None of that really matters though. It's illegal to use water cannons in the channel, and it's an asshole move to spray a strangers property with lake water.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I never did understand why you all get worked up over getting hit by a water gun. I myself am not a fan. But it’s not the end of the world.

Plenty of serious ear injuries have occured, eyes too. Then there's the the electronics as well that just cost money to replace....that's always fun.
The later in the day the better the chance to get nailed by a giggly drunk who's just having fun.🙄😏

Reactions: DWC

4Waters

Reaction score
The paint on my boat stays pretty damn dry when driving it around. It will get a little misting on the back when running, but that's about it. None of that really matters though. It's illegal to use water cannons in the channel, and it's an asshole move to spray a strangers property with PISS water.
Fixed it. LOL

Sandbarhoppen

Reaction score
I look for them if we decide to do a pass through the channel. I will shake my head and say Don't do it.. Almost all the time the shooter won't shoot but on Sat a guy had it under the water and got us as we passed by then tried to hid it. Wife had a fit and the guy tried to hide but got a ear full from the other bot behind us. There are a ton of reasons why you should not squirt a boat that's not yours and only one reason to squirt someone else boat.

My stuff isn't yours so don't fuck with my stuff. And yes fill one with piss and be ready to shoot back is the best response in my opinion

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
How about a bottle of week old urine on your boat , return fire , problem solved ...

DaveH

Reaction score
interesting that it only took 74 posts before someone said "i just stay away from the channel".

i dunno but i kinda see both sides.

sure, nobody wants to get blasted in the face and their electronics washed down. i get it.

but sorry folks this is Havazoo, the mecca for lunacy and mayhem of west coast boating. what did you expect to happen in the channel?

its funny to me that people are getting so pissed and wanting to throw blows over this. maybe step back and consider this is part of the problem and if you are so concerned about it then DONT GO THERE.

Looking Glass

Reaction score
interesting that it only took 74 posts before someone said "i just stay away from the channel".

sure, nobody wants to get blasted in the face and their electronics washed down. i get it.

but sorry folks this is Havazoo, the mecca for lunacy and mayhem of west coast boating. what did you expect to happen in the channel?

its funny to me that people are getting so pissed and wanting to throw blows over this. maybe step back and consider this is part of the problem and if you are so concerned about it then DONT GO THERE.

Wrong Answer!!

84miller

Reaction score
But won t that get in the water? :)

I would bet there is a percentage of urine in the water from the shore being shot at the boats, just a guess. Anyway, there is no answer from all that I have read that a boater can do legally who has been shot at in the channel. Most would land a person in jail. Remember their are cell phones and boats do have registration numbers exposed. So, best possible way to stop it. Get email address to law enforcement and start complaining, including video if possible. Enough complaints should get law enforcement on the ground, undercover, writing citations. Make those fines $500.00 to start!

mobldj

Reaction score
fk the channel.bunch of primadonas.if you dont want to be out on lake( or river ) leave them on the trailer,make a wagon train circle and have sword fights in the middle.lolol

but it is not cool to do anything to something thats not yours either.humans suck

Badchoices03

Reaction score
Last weekend there was a stumbling drunk lady at the public park area (no boat) she was squirting and cussing at every boat that went by that happened to have a Trump flag on it, her and her group thought it was funny until a guy on a seadoo gave her a jet blast straight to her face.....then guess what, it wasnt funny any more and her and her group wanted to fight....SMH

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
The plain fact is , if the water squirt is not solicited by me , it’s an assault . I’m not an attorney, but I think it may have some legal ramifications.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

I usually say that in the first 5 posts.

If you don’t want to interact with drunk idiots, don’t go where they congregate.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
My boat is not a penny over $500 first of all. Second, I’ve had a hot boat. The radio was “marine” and behind an enclosure to keep it from getting wet. Pretty much every phone is water resistant now and should be fine with a bit of water from a squirt gun. Getting hit in the eye would not be cool.

I get it. It’s not cool to get squirted from the super soakers. But it’s not the end of the world. Relax and enjoy the day. It takes more energy to get pissed off then it does to wave hello like the LHPD

Tell that to my 8 month old son who was sleeping on my wife last year! Eff that!

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
I got hit this evening and the guy gave me the ponter finger pinkey cool sign. I don't know how else to reference it. I just thought about it. my wrist rocket sling shot and sugar cubes will answer that. It will sting and the evidence will disappear.
Same guy got me yesterday. Dumbass. I hate this shit. They have no idea what you have in your boat. Annnnddd it's totally a safety issue. I was barking at him for just a second and then looked forward and boats were stopping in front of me. Was easy to stop, and my responsibility, but these fucks are causing a lot of shit for no reason. None. I can't think of a more childish thing to do with your day on the lake.

Singleton

Reaction score
I never did understand why you all get worked up over getting hit by a water gun. I myself am not a fan. But it’s not the end of the world.

guess you have never been hit in the face and eyes.
been hit twice
1st - I was blinded while driving my boat through the channel. direct hit to face, knocked sun glasses off (RX glasses broke), water in eye (blinded for a could seconds). Was a total blind hit, I had no idea it was coming since i was paying attention to the boat backing out of a spot on the other side of channel and was trying to hold my position so he could exit and I could leave the channel.
2nd - direct hit to my 6mo daughter who was sleeping in mom’s lap. could not stop, but once the boat next to the soaker found out what occurred, the super soaker was broken into pieces

DaveH

Reaction score
here is a suggestion.....

BRING BACK COPPER CANYON

for those old enough to remember.....we just packed in, partied, and left and went about your business.

closing copper canyon, which had the unintended effect of making the sand bar and channel the "new" party spots.......allowed access to these areas by foot/car and ushered in a new era of trouble makers and DB's who didnt need a boat to participate and incite in the debauchery

just a thought.

Universal Elements

Reaction score

Kind of funny. Reminds me of the 80s when Copper Canyon would be a shit show. Wall-to-wall boats and then the fornicating starts on top of houseboats. Everybody’s cheering, getting drunk and having a blast. The family boat with kids caught in the middle of it no longer finds it funny. Why Go there with the family in the first place?

Reactions: D19

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
You sir are an innovator. Well played!

I dont mind the boat getting wet, but if my 6 month son got hit unjustly, that is were I draw the line

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

PlanB

Reaction score
guess you have never been hit in the face and eyes.
been hit twice
1st - I was blinded while driving my boat through the channel. direct hit to face, knocked sun glasses off (RX glasses broke), water in eye (blinded for a could seconds). Was a total blind hit, I had no idea it was coming since i was paying attention to the boat backing out of a spot on the other side of channel and was trying to hold my position so he could exit and I could leave the channel.
2nd - direct hit to my 6mo daughter who was sleeping in mom’s lap. could not stop, but once the boat next to the soaker found out what occurred, the super soaker was broken into pieces

I had a guy a few years ago hit me in the face, and it blew my sunglasses off. He was neck deep hiding the water cannon, and just as I passed he hit me point blank in the face and the side of the head. I beached and we had some words. The fucking pussy had about 8-10 friends walk over to my boat with him. I am not getting off my boat and going to jail (been there), but they were wanting to fight. I told them if they were serious, and stepped onto my boat, I would defend myself. I left the decision up to them. None of them took the offer and the cops showed up. LHCPD did nothing. It needs to go back to the old days when if LE saw a water cannon it got taken.

DaveH

Reaction score
Kind of funny. Reminds me of the 80s when Copper Canyon would be a shit show. Wall-to-wall boats and then the fornicating starts on top of houseboats. Everybody’s cheering, getting drunk and having a blast. The family boat with kids caught in the middle of it no longer finds it funny. Why Go there with the family in the first place?
exactly. isnt this where the "girls gone wild" videos came from that spawned (no pun intended 😂) moms gone wild and so forth?

but think about how much more civil things were back then. i can remember being stuck wayyyyy in the back countless times......i cant recall a single fight, or people preaching the horrors of what went on back then (granted this was before al gore invented the internet to talk about it) and dont even really recall any of the problems we see today.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score

Aging demographic, dropping too much money on toys, and more sensitive times. I was probably one of the younger guys on HotBoat so it's interesting to see everyone that launched water balloons, got wasted, got in fights, posted pics of topless chicks, etc. transition to "Don't get my boat wet, my kids will get their eye shot out with a water gun, my electronics, etc."

I get both sides, but agree...it's Havasu. This stuff has been going on for decades. My parents brought me to Havasu if they wanted to party, and to Parker/Blythe when they wanted to chill. When you don't want to do dumb shit anymore because you've grown up, the next generation does. The rules shouldn't change to follow you to the grave. Next thing you know everyone will be complaining that chicks have their tits out and it's damaging their kids and relationships with their wives. IMO Havasu has never been family-friendly, that was the allure of it.

PlanB

Reaction score
The rules shouldn't change to follow you to the grave.

The thing is, water cannons have been illegal in the channel as long as I can remember. LE actually confiscated them on site at one point. What has changed is people's lack of respect for other people's stuff. I remember when someones dog splashing a persons boat in the channel would start a fight. I don't remember water cannons ever being considered cool by most boaters.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
The thing is, water cannons have been illegal in the channel as long as I can remember. LE actually confiscated them on site at one point. What has changed is people's lack of respect for other people's stuff. I remember when someones dog splashing a persons boat in the channel would start a fight. I don't remember water cannons ever being considered cool by most boaters.
Sorry, unwritten rules. You and I both know nobody gave a shit about getting splashed back in the day... in fact, we always welcomed it because it's 120 degrees and you're moving through the channel at no-wake speeds. It's a party atmosphere and hopefully stays that way.

That being said, everyone is entitled to their opinion. You do you, but don't expect everyone to jump on board. I won't splash you, but then again, I'm not 25, single, and wasted the entire time I'm at the lake.

PlanB

Reaction score
Sorry, unwritten rules. You and I both know nobody gave a shit about getting splashed back in the day... in fact, we always welcomed it because it's 120 degrees and you're moving through the channel at no-wake speeds. It's a party atmosphere and hopefully stays that way.

That being said, everyone is entitled to their opinion. You do you, but don't expect everyone to jump on board. I won't splash you, but then again, I'm not 25, single, and wasted the entire time I'm at the lake.

I'm cool with everyone partying and having a good time until it impedes on me trying to have a good time. If my boat was not a PITA to keep water spots from etching I would not care as much. Back in the day I think people were more anal about their boats. I am talking before the wall and the park / parking lot on the island side of the channel. It was almost 100% boaters in the channel back then. It was too hard for the non-boaters to get down there. It appears, from my observations, that a lot of the water cannon idiots are either passengers on boats, or they are not even with a boat.

I pretty much stay out of the channel during the summer, but sometimes it's easier to cut through than to go around the island. I personally can't wait till the off season when most of the morons are not at the lake / river.

Mike K

Reaction score
What about this ? ... ok ... when they allowed “non-operational” boats (party barges) to be parked all along the channel ... well that of course led to “hey it’s ok to put up EZ-UPS here” ... so now most peeps on the channel are non boaters ... which means ... more clueless people shooting water cannons at boats ... if you remove 200 boats from the channel and replace them with 200 EZ-Ups ... you’re gonna have lots of “1st timers “ in the channel doing whatever they want ... that’s why the cops gotta enforce the water cannon rule ... cuz it will only get worse. (BTW ... parking spots for boats are marked for “boats” cuz there is a place on the bulkhead to tie up to ... so ... how is a non boating tent allowed?

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score

Somebody here almost lost an eye. That's not purified water they're shooting, it's got sand and other goodies in it. That cunt caught me in the eye, it wasn't the best feeling in the world.

BingerFang

Reaction score
Has anyone returned fire with a super soaker full of Tabasco? I would have one loaded up in my boat on standby for these turds.

D19

Reaction score
Do you even enjoy boating?

All the posts/threads about...

Launch ramp idiots
Who was at fault for the accident
People taking your favorite beach
F rich guys in big fast boats
It's too early for loud boats on the river
Loud music
Wakebaord boats should be banned
We need more rules
Jet skis should be banned
Speed limits are a must
big boats should only be in the ocean
and etc...

.... leads me to believe that a lot of people should just sell their boats and stop going to the river.

I get annoyed at a lot of people/events at the river and in my daily life. That's just life. I'm not going to try to change that. Sure sometimes I vent a little when I'm irritated about something but I leave it at that. I enjoy the river and appreciate what it is enough to maintain my love for it. If a day comes where that ends, I'll find a new hobby.

I don't get it. If you don't like the way the river is, stop going and stop posting on this website. We don't need more rules. If anything we need more common sense which leads me to my next point:

Continuing to moan and groan on a public forum gives ammo to all the tree hugging, leftist, kayaking a-hole trolls on this website that are trying to change the river for the worst. Do you guys want the river to start looking like Glamis on a holiday weekend with hundreds of LEOs or more rules or restricted areas and so on?

If you don't feel safe or the river stresses you out stop going. Or just avoid the areas where you'll get blasted in the face by a water gun if that's your gripe.

DaveH

Reaction score

Launch ramp idiots
Loud music
We need more rules
Speed limits are a must
and etc...

.... leads me to believe that a lot of people should just sell their boats and stop going to the river.

I get annoyed at a lot of people/events at the river and in my daily life. That's just life. I'm not going to try to change that. Sure sometimes I vent a little when I'm irritated about something but I leave it at that. I enjoy the river and appreciate what it is enough to maintain my love for it. If a day comes where that ends, I'll find a new hobby.

I don't get it. If you don't like the way the river is, stop going and stop posting on this website. We don't need more rules. If anything we need more common sense which leads me to my next point:

Continuing to moan and groan on a public forum gives ammo to all the tree hugging, leftist, kayaking a-hole trolls on this website that are trying to change the river for the worst. Do you guys want the river to start looking like Glamis on a holiday weekend with hundreds of LEOs or more rules or restricted areas and so on?

If you don't feel safe or the river stresses you out stop going. Or just avoid the areas where you'll get blasted in the face by a water gun if that's your gripe.
well said and spot on. so this does make one wonder why everyone is just up tight little whiny bitches about everything nowadays.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
I’ve said it before. Whenever they route that “it’s only water” you should remind them that a wrist rocket and ice cubes are only water.

Riverryder

Reaction score

Launch ramp idiots
Loud music
We need more rules
Speed limits are a must
and etc...

you win the internet for the day my friend! Couldn’t have said it better myself.
Some negative Nancy’s here.
boat forum and these guys are crying about your boat gettin wet on the lake.
don’t go thru the channel easy as that.

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
you win the internet for the day my friend! Couldn’t have said it better myself.
Some negative Nancy’s here.
boat forum and these guys are crying about your boat gettin wet on the lake.
don’t go thru the channel easy as that.

It's not about getting wet. It's about a lack of respect for others. I don't want my phone, electronics, radio, towels, sleeping baby, or food to get wet from some douchebag who had a shitty mother who didn't teach him manners.

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score

I don't need law enforcement to handle it, but I wish well-deserved beat downs wouldn't land you in jail.

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
here is a suggestion.....

BRING BACK COPPER CANYON

for those old enough to remember.....we just packed in, partied, and left and went about your business.

closing copper canyon, which had the unintended effect of making the sand bar and channel the "new" party spots.......allowed access to these areas by foot/car and ushered in a new era of trouble makers and DB's who didnt need a boat to participate and incite in the debauchery

just a thought.

I agree 100%

Riverryder

Reaction score
It's not about getting wet. It's about a lack of respect for others. I don't want my phone, electronics, radio, towels, sleeping baby, or food to get wet from some douchebag who had a shitty mother who didn't teach him manners.

you guys act like a water gun is pumping 5gallons into your boat?
your electronics shouldn’t be out? Mine are either in my glove box. And my phone is in my cup holder in the driver seat for music. So it won’tget wet. Like someone said phones are waterresistant now.
The baby will live. The fact the a 6
Month old is out in 120 degree heat should raise more questions then someone trying to cool them off. Infants have a hard time regulating temps.. so keeping them in 120* temp isn’t the smartest decision.
Your food should be covered.
is it right for them to doit? No.
but none of you guys are gonna rumble with people because any person with common sense knows it’s not worth it. You can’t fix stupid so why cry about it?
don’t go if you don’t like it.
channel is cool my brother likes it. I rather not go there. I like hanging at the sandbar or running up
To Topock to admire the go fast boats actually running not just sitting... I want to see them stretch there legs.

good to hear some of you guys actually are using your boats recently! Post more pictures so we can see you guys maken memories with your family instead of complaining..

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

Launch ramp idiots
Loud music
We need more rules
Speed limits are a must
and etc...

Another nomination for post of the decade.

Looking Glass

Reaction score
After reading the definition of Assault and Battery. Couldn't getting hit by a Super Shooter or ? be considered Battery?

I don't really understand all the defending the action. Anyone going out boating and for what ever reason travels through the "Channel" does not need to be concerned by an "ATTACK" of any kind by anyone for any reason. I do not want my posessions getting WET.

riverroyal is maybe correct. Organize a Campaign of contacting City Hall nonstop and demand action. The CITY is to blame for all the increased # of EZ UPS and people hanging in the Channel with the onset of the "BUG"

If you were on the beach and someone came along and sprayed you down, would that be O.K.?

BUT because you are cruising through in a Boat it is?

👎

Last edited: