Bayliner makes a $50k wake boat?

2Driver

Reaction score
Who knew....discuss :)

33CFB50E-B0E7-4A3E-A296-B8C091AF182B.jpeg
73DB2A91-6E78-45B9-8A15-371C441E8A37.jpeg

tkrrox

Reaction score
It was built by some guys and bayliner big company bought it out and kept them on...the nose is weird but the layout with 2 full lounges sunken on each side of the motor looks sweet!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Yep bought by Brunswick about a year ago, maybe its been 2? Time is flying.... I honestly think they are garbage. Layout is too funky on them to do anything with the boat aside from actual wake sports, you're definitely not hanging out on them.

I used to work on a pair of them that seamed to be falling apart from day one. Of course my experience could be skewed because they belonged to a rental fleet.

Short answer: I don't like them.

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
For $40K I wouldn’t be surprised if you start seeing a lot of these on the water. Especially since wake board boats are rapidly increasing $150 and up. Just like a beginner boat “Bayliner” it will be introductory wake boat.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
thats what we need, affordable wakeboard boats, so there will be more of them chewing up the water!

Its ok, they love rough water about as much as a 1989 Stars and Stripes does, ask me how I know. They won't be out there fucking up the water, at least not for very long.

Its the Axis boats you have to worry about, a traditional styled roll bar boat with the all the foundation wake systems at an attainable price for the new-to-boating. I actually kind of like them ;) lol

lbhsbz

Reaction score
If I was a glass shop I'd tool up a not-shitty-looking front end to graft onto that thing....Advertise it and it would be a gold mine.

2Driver

Reaction score
Looks like you get In, sit down and stay in your compartment.

E6A98F46-6615-4722-B57D-90A1007E79DE.jpeg
D20DE439-D640-4AFF-90E5-C4AC9013A8C1.jpeg

twocents

RDP Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
I think you have to give Bayliner some credit for originality in boat design. These Heydays may be ugly to some but they are obviously targeting a much younger audience of boaters, especially considering the price. One year ago, Brunswick spun off four of its boat brands (Bayliner, Heyday, Quicksilver and Utteren) in to the Venture Group and Keith Yunger is the head of this group (Keith was the president of Bayliner until this corporate reorganization took place). Maybe the name Yunger might be vaguely familiar to those who have been around the marine industry for a few years -- Keith's dad (Chuck Yunger) was once the president of Sea Ray) and Keith and his brother Mark were very involved Mod VP racers back in the day. For just under $50,000 and easy to tow with today's downsized family auto, this might just be what the 30 and under crowd is looking for.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Lets say you live on a small lake in the mid west. Buy this and beat the shit out of it. Dont clean it, do nothing. Let kids drive on your little lake....
I dunno. Im not as much a hater as you guys.
Horrible looking but it will sell

King P.V.

Reaction score
Limp dick mode. One got laughed off the lake last weekend. He wont be back I'd think. We have a fair amount of Centurians, MasterCrafts, Sangers and Malibu's. Some actually wake surf. Most just socialize and show off their music boxes.
I have NEVER seen a uglier boat on thr wster. Aint no one buying one eccept for the same guy who rides one of those 3 wheels Cam Am shit boxes.

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
With a bow shaped like that all the other wake boats will tank them all in a matter of days. I guess Bayliner should start designing snow shovels.

zhandfull

Reaction score
Just think for about 10% down and $400 a month for 15 years you can have a new boat.

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
Just think for about 10% down and $400 a month for 15 years you can have a new boat.
I'd rather have an 86' Bayliner Capri. At least it is still a turn key deal and won't take a wave over the bow. Toss a $1500 tower on it and it's good to go.

Brobee

Reaction score
Limp dick mode. One got laughed off the lake last weekend. He wont be back I'd think. We have a fair amount of Centurians, MasterCrafts, Sangers and Malibu's. Some actually wake surf. Most just socialize and show off their music boxes.
I have NEVER seen a uglier boat on thr wster. Aint no one buying one eccept for the same guy who rides one of those 3 wheels Cam Am shit boxes.

That’s kind of fucked up. Why would you laugh at someone else’s set up? It might not be what you want or like but someone was proud of it and possibly taking their first steps into boating. I don’t get why anyone would disparage someone because of the boat they have or can am they drive. It’s small people with inferiority complex’s putting people down to make themselves feel better about their own shitty existence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PlanB

Reaction score
Looks like one of those peddle boats you rent in the channel. Ugly...

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
You guys all talk shit.. and honestly I’d be right there with ya..

but nobody makes a cheap boat anymore? (Other than Todd at Tahiti..)

Jerry Barron tried at Barron boats and I couldnt get on board with it because it didn’t fit my style.. but the price rage came in 30+ over this. Some people loved it though... so I don’t know how that’s going?

Spectra molds are for sale for 5k for the good one (good mold) if anyone wants to try to build a sub 70k boat.. possible in qty... for new comers.
It isn’t as easy as you think.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
That is not an attractive boat...maybe she needs more makeup, or dimmer lighting?
That being said, aside from the paint jobs (makeup) on some of the high roller wake boats, they really aren't beauty queens either. They really have lines about as sexy as a Ford Fairmont...to each their own. I really think they could help themselves quite a bit with some color work. Change the eye's focus from the "pig nose". Me personally, I'd go for an inexpensive toon...but I also have three kids, and full size vehicles. Bigger is better for us.

707dog

Reaction score
yup definitely a penis magnet... they look even more weird in person

TimeBandit

Reaction score
When it was a Heyday wake tractor it was somehow less Fugly and only $39,999. that said, I hate any boat that throws a wake.

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score

Wow, you must be Mr. big swingin dick bad ass mother fucker on your little lake. Has to be so cool to laugh someone else "off the lake"

Did I miss what kind of boat you have?

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Jerry Barron tried at Barron boats and I couldnt get on board with it because it didn’t fit my style.. but the price rage came in 30+ over this. Some people loved it though... so I don’t know how that’s going?

Spectra molds are for sale for 5k for the good one (good mold) if anyone wants to try to build a sub 70k boat.. possible in qty... for new comers.

Nobody makes anything under 18 feet anymore is the problem I see.

Seems all anymore wants to build anymore is 200k "entry level" boats. Hell even toons are pushing that price point!

The other problem is nobody wants to do their homework anymore. To see what's really available at what price point and what are the brands to have, and not have.

The only person that is gonna buy this thing is a total non boater that some sales scum talked him into what a great boat it will be.

Sad really. :confused:

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score

I can do a F3 boat for really close to $70k. Tested and proven Hull, 150HP, 5yr warranty, 60+MPH. Interior is not fancy, 2 buckets and a bench. No stereo, basic trailer etc. Only option I don't think I could live without is a GPS (Powell, Pacific, Mead, etc), but if it is a Parker/ Havasu only boat...

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score
I can do a F3 boat for really close to $70k. Tested and proven Hull, 150HP, 5yr warranty, 60+MPH. Interior is not fancy, 2 buckets and a bench. No stereo, basic trailer etc. Only option I don't think I could live without is a GPS (Powell, Pacific, Mead, etc), but if it is a Parker/ Havasu only boat...

I agree it can be done. But that type of boat is not what most boaters, especially the newbies, want. You and I could be quite happy with an F3 style boat, but we're a bit of a different breed. 🤪

530RL

Reaction score
Bayliner bought the IP and tooling but not the manufacturing in 2016.

As Two Cents stated, Keith has done a great job at Bayliner as he did at BRP marine group before and comes from a family well versed in the boating industry. Keith's brother worked for manufacturers from Formula to Mastercraft. The Heyday boats are specifically designed to generate a wake without a bunch of gadgets. So they are not the prettiest. When the original design was combined with Bayliner's manufacturing and engineering resources, they made an entry level boat for more people and their market share growth is the fastest in the towboat industry.

They start below 40k. Hell of a deal for someone to get on the lake.

Backlash

Reaction score
It's an ugly ass boat, plain and simple. If I was in the market for a family ski/wakeboard boat (Which I'm not), I would NEVER buy this shitbox.

I would however, buy an older used Master Craft or Nautique for less money and have a way nicer boat. One that is proven, with a history and an actual resale value. Put in a little elbow grease and a few bux, and you'd be good to go.

This thing is typical of Bayliner though. Ugly as Fock! 🤣

calkid

Reaction score
On the afternoon Havasu chop I can see that thing doing a digger and shooting out of the water backwards! Dunno, maybe that's a selling point.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Man I realized today how far off the RDP demographic I am these days. If it’s what I could afford and my family was into it, I would rock it.

So you would rather buy that than this??