WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Blackstone griddles

SCV2RVR

Reaction score
My BBQ has turned into my Blackstone storage. Haven’t used it since we got the Blackstone
09E2C56F-2855-4E25-B514-7546E903CCE8.jpeg

grumpy88

Reaction score
Nobody had them at Xmas but I found one at Dicks sporting goods . They had all the accessories too . She loves hers

J&k beer can

Reaction score
my neighbor bought the lowes model(blue rhino i think)
made chicken fried rice with veggies came out better then on stove..

i said it needs some mods on the underside to work even better..

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
We bought the little one for the motorhome and use the shit out of it. I still like to fire up the charcoal and wood though.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Has anyone used the silicon egg ring / cooler thingys?

I wanted to buy the went to buy the metal ones, but could only them in the breakfast kit. All in could find was the silicon ones.

20200803_162152.jpg

Sent From Tapatalk

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Has anyone used the silicon egg ring / cooler thingys?

I wanted to buy the went to buy the metal ones, but could only them in the breakfast kit. All in could find was the silicon ones.

View attachment 906099

Sent From Tapatalk
I use the silicon egg rings with no problems on a electric griddle. Not on a Blackstone Griddle.

squirtnmyload

now its recording
Reaction score
I must be the only one that hates these things. When it showed up i didn’t even want it anymore since it took about 3 weeks to get to me. I bought it direct and Blackstone would not let me return it.

I couldn’t even give it away (tried giving it as a fathers day gift and he said no thanks lol) , no one i asked wanted it so after sitting another 3 weeks in the box i decided to open it and give it a shot.

The first thing out of the box i didn’t like is how short it is.....it only got worse from there. I seasoned it exactly how it was directed with flax seed oil and everything still stuck to it. Stripped it and re seasoned it and after getting 2nd degree burns on my hand i never use it again. Still can’t give it away.....

I bought the 28 griddle combo that came with a grill top and carry bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JBS

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
I must be the only one that hates these things. When it showed up i didn’t even want it anymore since it took about 3 weeks to get to me. I bought it direct and Blackstone would not let me return it.

I couldn’t even give it away (tried giving it as a fathers day gift and he said no thanks lol) , no one i asked wanted it so after sitting another 3 weeks in the box i decided to open it and give it a shot.

The first thing out of the box i didn’t like is how short it is.....it only got worse from there. I seasoned it exactly how it was directed with flax seed oil and everything still stuck to it. Stripped it and re seasoned it and after getting 2nd degree burns on my hand i never use it again. Still can’t give it away.....

There’s always one in the group. Idk what you did wrong but it’s the best cooking thing I’ve purchased in years.

YeahYeah01

Reaction score

Wanna sell it? My mom wants one.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
How about some more responses on the egg rings...[emoji12][emoji12]
20200803_162152.jpg

Sent From Tapatalk

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score

Send it over here....I'll let you give it away....lol.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
I have a 2 burner one and love it. I can make the whole meal. Bacon,mushrooms.onion then throw on the meat and then buns. All on one thing.
I have done stirfry's with fried rice. And definitely bacon hashbrowns and eggs. Cleaning I just use a big cup of water throw it on and scrape it clean.

I think your sig should read " The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard and no chlorine."

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
See post 307,308 and 329. [emoji848] :D
I saw your response...and thank you. I wanted to double check on the BS as it gets hotter than an electric griddle. At least hotter than my electric griddle. LOL. I also wanted to see what peoples experience was with the metal ones.

EDIT: I went back and looked at those posts. I hadn't realized off memory that they were the silicon rings. I just ASSumed that everyone that had posted about them had then metal rings.

Sent From Tapatalk

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I would try them. Eggs stuck to the metal ones. Have to oil the shit out of then if you just want over easy eggs. If you like them well done you can just punch them out.
Thanks for the info. I like over easy. I will try the silicone ones.

Sent From Tapatalk

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
My only complaint about mine is that the trough for the grease just sits on the back... I've gotten REALLY close to knocking it off when I pull my cover off. I ended up drilling a hole and putting a little threaded bolt on it and try to remember to dump it after every use. Other than that, amazing. The more I use it, the better it gets.

WildWilly

Reaction score
My only complaint about mine is that the trough for the grease just sits on the back... I've gotten REALLY close to knocking it off when I pull my cover off. I ended up drilling a hole and putting a little threaded bolt on it and try to remember to dump it after every use. Other than that, amazing. The more I use it, the better it gets.

I went and compared the blackstone and Blue rhino before I bought. That was one of the things that stood out, the blue rhino has it inside the structure. And I really liked the fold over shelves/lids and the fact that it folds up quick to transport if I wanted. All in all after a week and 8 meals cooked on it, I love it. Like Paul said, I'm enjoying cooking everything on this. Between this and pellet grill I've not cooked in the house in over a week

golakers

Reaction score
Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner on t he Blackstone all weekend. Chicken Fried Rice tonight!

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score

Maybe you can trade it for some Jack in the Box coupons...;)

Hammer

Reaction score
Has anyone built one into an outdoor BBQ island with natural gas? I don't feel like sifting through 8 pages lol. The website only shows the free standing propane ones, they also don't have back splashes on them.

I wonder how difficult it would be to make your own griddle and buy a burner assembly with knobs?

Its only SS... The face might be tricky to make....

I'd rather just buy one and drop it in... Building an island in the backyard over the next two weeks..

Last edited:

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score

you can give it to me, I need one for my RV.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Has anyone built one into an outdoor BBQ island with natural gas? I don't feel like sifting through 8 pages lol. The website only shows the free standing propane ones, they also don't have back splashes on them.

I wonder how difficult it would be to make your own griddle and buy a burner assembly with knobs?

I'd rather just buy one and drop it in... Building an islnd in the backyard over the next two weeks..
The legs and shelves come off of mine, so I don't see why you couldn't drop on in an outdoor kitchen. You would need some heat shielding and a way to vent the heat. Otherwise your countertop would get hot for about 12" on each side.

There are several Blackstone pages on FB. You could ask there also.

Sent From Tapatalk

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score

I'd rather just buy one and drop it in... Building an islnd in the backyard over the next two weeks..
Backstone makes a NG conversion kit.... If you build it into an island make sure your have GOOD heat insulation for the sides

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
Made some killer french toast from our own " what's laying around" recipe.

1. Day old loaf of French bread

2.Heavy whipping Cream, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla, yada yada

3. Roll it in crushed up frosted or corn flakes, throw it on the griddle with LOTS of butter. Basically griddle fry it on medium

Pics coming next batch tomorrow morning

snowhammer

Exploratory Vacation Time
Reaction score

Sorry to hear. Sounds like most here enjoy theirs, including the simplicity of the whole thing.

Seasoning was quite easy as long as you don't touch the surface or sides. When it comes to food preparation gadgets, only the toaster is a more simple device. That being said, poptarts come with instructions. ;)

rickym20

Reaction score
Now if you can incorporate this blackstone and treager on a mount like this you’ll be set up for Glamping....

163A2B13-D74E-4D90-923B-B0E1C7FA6E48.jpeg

Went to a buddies house over the weekend and seen this down the street.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Backstone makes a NG conversion kit.... If you build it into an island make sure your have GOOD heat insulation for the sides
@Hammer They sell the NG conversion kit at Walmart. I saw it at one on Sunday.

Sent From Tapatalk

Hammer

Reaction score
@Hammer They sell the NG conversion kit at Walmart. I saw it at one on Sunday.

Sent From Tapatalk

I saw the natural gas conversion kit online. I just wasn’t sure about insulation and heat retention on the sides. [emoji106]

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I saw the natural gas conversion kit online. I just wasn’t sure about insulation and heat retention on the sides. [emoji106]

Oh come on man! I THINK you may know some people that can make some nice stainless tubs for it that you can wrap in fire wrap if you're that concerned. If you'd like, get me the dimensions and I can likely get it drawn up tomorrow in 3D CAD for ya to give to Perry or someone to fabricate.

YeahYeah01

Reaction score

Let me know if you find out lol

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score

I'd rather just buy one and drop it in... Building an island in the backyard over the next two weeks..
Peep post #50.....😉

LHC30

Old Guy
Reaction score
Well, just because, I picked up a 17” for the RV. Well, here I am trying Brauts taters and onions.

Attachments

• ABFEDBD4-52FA-4F79-990E-F5778FCB1A09.jpeg
    ABFEDBD4-52FA-4F79-990E-F5778FCB1A09.jpeg
    84.7 KB · Views: 239

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
These look good! Haven't tried them. Is there such a thing as "too much cheese?" 🤪

CheeseOnionPretzelSliders_web.jpg

WhatExit?

Reaction score
New product...Blackstone 36" Griddle With Air Fryer

Walmart's website shows $592.00 and it's out of stock

1868_36withAirFryer_WalmartExclusive_WEB_1024x1024.jpg

grumpy88

Reaction score
Son of a bitch ! That's cool . I would like a outdoor air fryer .

WhatExit?

Reaction score
I'm sure there's a market for used/seasoned Blackstone griddles 👍 maybe because it's seasoned you can get more than you paid for it like everything else these days 🤪

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
Tonight's dinner. Steak, shrimp, sausage and veggie kabbos. Corn on the cob and potatoes.

Attachments

• 20200808_183705.jpg
    20200808_183705.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 270