WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

MOM FC 21

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Stopped today to bs with Tim, and got to check these boats out. I’ll be 100% honest I’ve never ridden in one this style, nor have i even before been interested at all in them. But OMG they are gorgeous. The black and white one is so sanitary clean simple old school mixed into modern perfection, but the red one has a different feel, and just screams classy classic.
The “MOM Family Cruiser” is amazing.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
mid all depends on options.. the black and white one with the 300R has a ton of upgrades and msrp is 114k. RDP special on that boat only is 99,900.00

The blue and white one is 84k. It has a vessel view 1/4 cap / and a ski pole as upgrades.
That steering column with the trim and jack plate controls, way sanitary clean trick.

Tank

Reaction score
How cool would it to build one as an old school cool vee drive?! 😁😁😉

when my buddy bought them from gene he was gonna do an I/O.

I know a vee drive defeats the purpose of the low maintenance and streamline outboard but that boats got some sexy lines. I’d like to see a big turbo or blower sitting in it lol

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
How cool would it to build one as an old school cool vee drive?! 😁😁😉

when my buddy bought them from gene he was gonna do an I/O.

I know a vee drive defeats the purpose of the low maintenance and streamline outboard but that boats got some sexy lines. I’d like to see a big turbo or blower sitting in it lol

DSC03092.jpg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Is there anything different with how the blue and white one is rigged, vs the white / black one, in regards to handling? Both same hull, 300r on the back. Just curious

For performance the white abd blsck one has a hydraulic jack plate.. the blue and white one doesn’t, which is where the speed difference comes into play.

For overall there is quite a bit of difference between the boats rigging. Black and white was custom rigged by Peterson with the extended steering column, foot throttle (no DTS) driver and passenger seats set further back..

old rigger

Reaction score
thats the one that was destroyed. He doesn’t remember exactly what it was.

Well, lets hope it wasn't the Howard/Schiada 19. I wonder if he has the 20 GN molds?

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
For performance the white abd blsck one has a hydraulic jack plate.. the blue and white one doesn’t, which is where the speed difference comes into play.

For overall there is quite a bit of difference between the boats rigging. Black and white was custom rigged by Peterson with the extended steering column, foot throttle (no DTS) driver and passenger seats set further back..
A jackplate and still only the torquemaster lower? I bet they could squeeze out a few more mph if they went to a speed master lower. It would allow them to run the motor higher and not lose water pressure.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Tank

Reaction score
Well, lets hope it wasn't the Howard/Schiada 19. I wonder if he has the 20 GN molds?

This was 15 plus years ago and he's been out of boating for a few years now. He really couldn't remember what the smaller mold was. He just said it was an older model from Howard but the mold was pretty beat up. When Justin bought them from him, the smaller mold (18 or 19) was too far gone to mess with so it was dumped. Pretty sure the 21 is the one Ricky has and the dude that bought the 26 mold and built a one off boat from it still has that mold I'm pretty sure. Thats all the molds he got (just the 3) while he bought a hull, tank, sadles 26 Howard cat at the same time to rig.

old rigger

Reaction score
This was 15 plus years ago and he's been out of boating for a few years now. He really couldn't remember what the smaller mold was. He just said it was an older model from Howard but the mold was pretty beat up. When Justin bought them from him, the smaller mold (18 or 19) was too far gone to mess with so it was dumped. Pretty sure the 21 is the one Ricky has and the dude that bought the 26 mold and built a one off boat from it still has that mold I'm pretty sure. Thats all the molds he got (just the 3) while he bought a hull, tank, sadles 26 Howard cat at the same time to rig.

I remember when the 21 molds were for sale, the price was 50K but i didn't know any other molds were sold at the same time. And I assumed that Danny bought the 21 from Gene, didn't know there was someone else in between.
I also don't remember any 26 molds but that might be because we didn't build any when I was there. In fact the only molds I remember not being used were the old 20 GN molds and I heard through the grapevine they were taken to the dump? This was 30 years ago though.

Tank

Reaction score
I remember when the 21 molds were for sale, the price was 50K but i didn't know any other molds were sold at the same time. And I assumed that Danny bought the 21 from Gene, didn't know there was someone else in between.
I also don't remember any 26 molds but that might be because we didn't build any when I was there. In fact the only molds I remember not being used were the old 20 GN molds and I heard through the grapevine they were taken to the dump? This was 30 years ago though.
Dont hold me to the 26' length. Both Tim and Justin couldn't remember exactly what size the mold was but thought it was a 26. Could've been a 25 or 24.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Not sure haven’t gotten the photos yet.. I didn’t put it together that it was your boat or I would have said hello.

I was going to say hello, but when I realized it was you in the boat and they were taking pics, we were a little far away.

Backlash

Reaction score
I heard a rumor that the 19' mold was sold to someone in NorCal or further north like Orgon or Washington. I can't remember but I wanna say it sold for some ridiculous price, like $5K.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

I thought Danny bought them from gene as well.. but it was a long time ago. I remember he paid I think 5k for them.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I heard a rumor that the 19' mold was sold to someone in NorCal or further north like Orgon or Washington. I can't remember but I wanna say it sold for some ridiculous price, like $5K.

that’s about what they are worth..

I can buy the Spectra 20 mold (same boat), the good one(C mold I think it’s called?). For 5k right now. I almost pulled the trigger on it a few years ago and then realized I really don’t want to build boats..

Backlash

Reaction score
The 19' mold was a little more rare than the 20 and I like that hull better. Fewer people seemed to have had the opportunity to splash the 19' hull, whereas the 20 seemed to be passed around like a red-headed stepchild. Wish I knew where it ended up even though I dont have the means to pull any hulls from the mold (The 19).

Tank

Reaction score
that’s about what they are worth..

I can buy the Spectra 20 mold (same boat), the good one(C mold I think it’s called?). For 5k right now. I almost pulled the trigger on it a few years ago and then realized I really don’t want to build boats..

Funny you say that. People always think, yeah, I'll buy a mold, it's only 5k and I'll build my own boat, it'll be so cool. That's what my buddy Tim was gonna do but after only rigging the 26 cat he was like, F all this. Then Justin bought them because he wanted to build a V-Drive out of the 21 mold but after you really sit down and work the numbers and ENDLESS hours and work it takes it's pretty overwhelming. While texting with him last night he said again, "man, I should've built a few boats" and I responded, "nope. too much time, money, work, effort, overhead..." he replied, "oh yeah, that's why I didn't" LOL

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I believe the 19 schiada / Howard mood is up in NorCal right now..

old rigger

Reaction score
I thought Danny bought them from gene as well.. but it was a long time ago. I remember he paid I think 5k for them.

That's a big price drop.
I remember when Roger Weiman decided to retire. He called me up and asked me to stop by the shop. Offered me everything for 50K, but he'd already sold the property. As much as I liked those molds, I passed. Then he called, new price. 40K. This went on a few times and then he called and said he sold all his molds for 5K. Well shit, for 5 I might have been interested. lol

Only molds I'd like to have now would have been the 19 & 21 Howard and possibly the 20.4 Rogers. As expensive as it is to build a bare hull, it's a shit ton of fun. I miss the glass work more than anything and keep a gallon of tooling resin in the garage to just crack open and smell now and then.

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
That's a big price drop.
I remember when Roger Weiman decided to retire. He called me up and asked me to stop by the shop. Offered me everything for 50K, but he'd already sold the property. As much as I liked those molds, I passed. Then he called, new price. 40K. This went on a few times and then he called and said he sold all his molds for 5K. Well shit, for 5 I might have been interested. lol

Only molds I'd like to have now would have been the 19 & 21 Howard and possibly the 20.4 Rogers. As expensive as it is to build a bare hull, it's a shit ton of fun. I miss the glass work more than anything. I keep a gallon of tooling resin in the garage to just crack open and smell now and then.

I could probsbly grt ya the 19... I wouldn’t mind having a v drive one

old rigger

Reaction score
I could probsbly grt ya the 19... I wouldn’t mind having a v drive one

Ya, anything else in that hull is a waste.
Did quite a few jets at Howard. Funny story. When the owner and his partner bought out howard and started to build boats, all the 19 jets they did had the keel fin in the same location as the v-drives. Customers were complaining about the things bow steering but they wouldn't change the location. When I rigged my first one he about shit as I was installing the fin and I told him the fucker would bow steer if I put it where he wanted. Then a little light went off and I guess it made sense to him and he let me rig it. This was the partner who was a v-drive guy that came from Cole, not Gene. We tested it and they were amazed it didn't bow steer. lol
We even did some retro fitting of fins in the proper location to some of the previous boats.

old rigger

Reaction score
I can buy the Spectra 20 mold (same boat), the good one (C mold I think it’s called?) For 5k right now. I almost pulled the trigger on it a few years ago and then realized I really don’t want to build boats..

It's sitting about 10 minutes from our house.

old rigger

Reaction score
Dont hold me to the 26' length. Both Tim and Justin couldn't remember exactly what size the mold was but thought it was a 26. Could've been a 25 or 24.

It might have been his splash of the 24 Spectra. If I remember the rear of the deck had significant changes to it.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The rear of that splash basically had splashes off the 32 spectra integrates into it.. lol.
I wouldn’t mind finding a nice 24 Howard! Or Spectra XS for thst matter. Stacy hates the old boats.. I love them

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
I miss the glass work more than anything and keep a gallon of tooling resin in the garage to just crack open and smell now and then.

Im sure there are enough of us on here that could send you glass work if you really miss it that much. I know I have a dash that needs to be filled and replaced!

Love the history that you bring to the fourm

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
So sweet. I am sold. This would be a boat I would want when and if we ever by another boat again. So bitchen.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Opposite side of him in the new boat. Thought it looked familiar then just saw again in your avatar and was pretty sure. I was 20’ away then was 200’ of beach homie full on split the difference between us then cranked the chips and salsa lol.

New boat looked nice! Now I know for next time :)

Wbinder

Reaction score
Anyone able to get some interior pics of the blue and white one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Opposite side of him in the new boat. Thought it looked familiar then just saw again in your avatar and was pretty sure. I was 20’ away then was 200’ of beach homie full on split the difference between us then cranked the chips and salsa lol.

Personally I like chips and salsa! and their music / and their food / and their women! :D

RD

copterzach

Reaction score
Those boats look so nice. Somebody buy the white and black one. And put it back up for sale in a couple years.

old rigger

Reaction score
Those MOM offerings are beautiful. I was checking out the pics in their ads again, just stunning really.

I was thinking about this particular set of molds this morning during my swim and its really amazing when you think about it, still a desirable boat and the bottom was tooled up 51 years ago assuming that it took a year to get their tooling finished before Spectra opens their doors in 1970. Of course this deck design isn't that old but still not many designs have held up this well.

sintax

Reaction score
Those MOM offerings are beautiful. I was checking out the pics in their ads again, just stunning really.

I was thinking about this particular set of molds this morning during my swim and its really amazing when you think about it, still a desirable boat and the bottom was tooled up 51 years ago assuming that it took a year to get their tooling finished before Spectra opens their doors in 1970. Of course this deck design isn't that old but still not many designs have held up this well.

just goes to show that some classic good styling really does hold up well, while others.... not so.

Like if you see a 89 Pontiac Fiero going down the road, you might cringe, but an 89 Porsche 930 would get a second look from me.

Q4mtxUS

Reaction score
just goes to show that some classic good styling really does hold up well, while others.... not so.

Like if you see a 89 Pontiac Fiero going down the road, you might cringe, but an 89 Porsche 930 would get a second look from me.

This is so funny...I bought an '87 Fiero in '87 and thought it was the best shizz ever. Now, i see a rare Fiero driving around and I think..."wadda POS....What the fuck was I thinking?"... :D 😠😧

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

That's true, but 90% of people look at it and say - "Wow that is a good looking old boat."

Your ad here

Reaction score

I have the blue 1990 21 with the pink pulse line down the sides and on the deck. Took it out for the first time this past Sunday. Gel is still very good but its a 31 year old boat with original interior that needs to be redone and rides on a faded Ellis trailer with ugly wheels. It was attracting a lot of attention in the 3 hours it was out, on the water and on the trailer. Compliments, thumbs up, second looks.

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
So, I text my buddy that bought the molds from gene. Turns out I was wrong. He didn’t destroy them. Well not all. He got an 18 or 19 vee, a 21 vee and a 26 vee. He also bought a 26 cat hull tanks and saddles and rigged it himself. Pretty sure it’s still running around havasu. It’s blue white and grey. This was around 05. After finishing the 26 cat he decided he did not want to venture into boat building as a hobby and destroyed the smaller mold but sold the other two molds to my buddy Justin (the guy I run with in the talon cat in havasu if you’ve seen our desert storm pics on here). Anyway, Justin flips boats and immediately listed the molds. He sold the 26 mold to some dude that build one boat, that’s supposedly pretty bad ass and then never did any other one and no one knows where the mold is no.

however according to Justin he’s pretty sure he sold the 21 mold to Danny, so it’s the same mold making these little bad boys now!
Small world this performance boating world.
Anyway, that’s the story. [emoji16][emoji106]

Adrenaline boats bought the 26 cat mold and built their 28’ boat from it. They also bought the 26’ dcb Mach mold.

NeedlesRat

Reaction score
Adrenaline boats bought the 26 cat mold and built their 28’ boat from it. They also bought the 26’ dcb Mach mold.

The Wraith boats look very similar to the 26 Howard Cat mold